• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Writer trying to type a couple of characters.

Revenwyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a writer trying to type a couple of characters that are intended to enter a romantic relationship at some point. It's primarily a fantasy novel, so reading the job suggestions doesn't really help much. I have taken a couple of different tests out there while in their heads and have come up with pretty much the same conclusion with both. There is just a thing or two that doesn't seem to fit the type given for them. I want to be able to understand their types so I can get a feeling for how they would interact at first and how quickly or slowly they would fall in love. Would it be loads of chemistry but otherwise a love-hate relationship? Would one see the other as being under their control? Etc. They will be married regardless of how compatible or incompatible their types are, and there is no divorce in this world, so I need to write their relationship convincingly.

So, here's a brief description of them, their intended professions, and their personalities. I will also list what the test gave them as their type.

Name: Raede
Race: Half elf
Occupation: Spy/Assassin, operating alone, not with any organization.
Personality: Raede is pretty much both spy and assassin. He tries to keep both his intuitive and sensing sides in check and not let either be the rule of how he operates. When entering a room, he first uses his senses to determine whether there is a trap or not, but if his gut cannot agree with what his senses say he follows his gut. He enjoys being around people, as they are really good at blurting out information when they’ve had too much of the drink, but he himself drinks little (not none, as he doesn’t want to look conspicuous), and he does join conversation but says little about himself. I see him more as a guarded extravert than a true introvert. His major flaw is that people are just sources of information to him, and he has a tendency to use people. He tends to value his mind over his feelings (or rather, he has learned to stuff his feelings away, but he does have them), and does not make decisions rashly. In fact, when going to assassinate someone he usually prepares to do it in several different ways, just in case his first idea of how to do it would not work. While it is true that he is an assassin, he essentially does it because he sees it as the dirty work that must be done to protect society from a greater evil. In terms of morality he sees it as greater injustice for peasants to starve than for nobles to die. That said he tries to do his homework on whatever mission he was supposed to do. Sometimes he ends up doing the job, going back to the guy who hired him, collecting his pay, and then killing that person because he found some major dirt on him too. Sometimes he just ends up turning on whoever hired him to begin with, after finding out the person he was supposed to kill was actually decent. Law is not the end all for him. He is law unto himself, and he recognizes that laws and rules put in place may not be the best for society, and so he acts as if he is above them.
I imagine if he does manage to get close to someone (he tries not to) he is slow to divulge any of his past (except for mundane stuff or an old assignment here or there) and even slower to admit he cares about the person. It becomes increasingly obvious that he does, but he can't say it, and cannot trust it within himself.

He tested as an ENTJ, but N/S was very close to 50/50.

OK, on to the next character:

Name: Revenwyn
Race: Human
Personality: The major thing to describe Revenwyn is that she is "lawful stupid." The law is the law and she doesn't seem to understand that the law is not always in the people's favor. While she does work through this particular issue through the story this is how she starts out. Otherwise she is somewhat independent (she runs away from an undesirable marriage early in her background history) efficient and organized to a fault. She does have somewhat of an adventurous spirit but she is not really a thrill seeker. She is emotionally stable (or at least is able to maintain the appearance of being so), fully dependable, and a very responsible individual. She easily forms strategies. Housework and wifely tasks bore her to no end. She is very much an introvert and is rather introspective. She is a widow, and though it has been five years it is still hard for her to move on and she does not intend on allowing herself to be wooed again. She doesn't really express her feelings or emotions to anyone she is not comfortable with. Like Raede she is not comfortable expressing her feelings.

She was typed as ISTJ. I am not sure of this as a fit however.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what they are, and how they might interact? I do intend it to not be the easiest of relationships.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm...the first one could be ENTJ. At the beginning he sounds like he has an Se better developed than that of INTJs, and as he represses his feelings quite a bit, Fi could be the least dominant. As well, he doesn't want to discuss his past, which might be due to emotional problems which he didn't handle best - inferior Fi. ENTJ could work.

The second one sounds like she has a very strong Si. An introvert too. However, I'm not too sure how she is with expressing feelings and emotions. If you would expand a bit more on her, I'll decide whether she's ISTJ or ISFJ.

The strong Ni and weaker Se in the guy, and the strong Si and weak Ne in the girl could possible cause some trouble. As well, the guy's strong Te with lack of Si could possibly work against her Si. They probably won't get off smoothly at first.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, I'm guessing ISTJ, then. There will be some conflict between the two, trust me.

Revenwyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I pretty much know there will be conflict early on, but where do you think the conflict would most logically take place? While she is somewhat independent, if Raede proves more adept at something she will back down. I do know there will be conflict between her trust of the law and his skepticism about it.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I pretty much know there will be conflict early on, but where do you think the conflict would most logically take place? While she is somewhat independent, if Raede proves more adept at something she will back down. I do know there will be conflict between her trust of the law and his skepticism about it.

I think it will mainly revolve around the law, to be honest. He could have sharp criticisms of it (Te) which might affect her own ideas (primarily originating from Si) and thus hurting her feelings (Te-Fi will cause one to become very connected to one's ideas and beliefs).

As well, Raede will most likely have some master plan to change the world as he sees fit, which will affect her need for stability (Si).

What else? You said Raede is somewhat independent; ENTJs feel the need to control the world around them - don't kill the messenger, ENTJs! It's not certainly a bad thing as you have your own ideals which you don't see others matching up to - which might not fit well with her. Um (you can tell I'm writing exactly what I'm thinking)...ENTJs have a very strong will, and he Raede might appear a bit arrogant to Revenwyn. As well, he might be a bit insensitive towards her.

That's all I can think of for now.