• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type?

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello.

I've been rather uncertain of my type. I know my enneagram(5w4), however I'm never satisfied with the descriptions of certain types. I've checked with cognitive functions, and even those can be ambidextrous at times. For example, I might score high on Fi and Te one day, and then Ti and Fe another.

Basically, I've narrowed my types down to INFJ and INTJ. I score well on Ni and Se, but I'm not sure of my secondary and tertiary functions.

I'll.. probably post a video. If I do, it'll be later on.

Thanks for helping. :D

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello.

I've been rather uncertain of my type. I know my enneagram(5w4), however I'm never satisfied with the descriptions of certain types. I've checked with cognitive functions, and even those can be ambidextrous at times. For example, I might score high on Fi and Te one day, and then Ti and Fe another.

Basically, I've narrowed my types down to INFJ and INTJ. I score well on Ni and Se, but I'm not sure of my secondary and tertiary functions.

I'll.. probably post a video. If I do, it'll be later on.

Thanks for helping. :D

STOP DOING TESTS! :ranting:
Just had to say that. Tests are extremely stereotypical and they are biased towards intuition.

Here's the real stuff: http://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-of-cognitive-functions-from-various-sources

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for your help.

I've read over them though, and again, I'm pretty sure with my Ni and Se, but the secondary and tertiary functions are pretty confusing. Mainly with Ti and Te some points came across to me.

"Ti people are usually very good with pure logic in a vacuum, as Ti simply "knows" inherently what is logical and what is not, and will defend this sense of logic to the death just to prove a point. Te people, on the other hand, are more concerned with what tangible USE can come from an argument--which is often none. This is why INTPs will argue hypotheticals all day but INTJs will rarely bother trying to convince you. For the INTJ, Te simply doesn't see what useful goal would be served by trying to change your opinion."

On this, I would say I'm more likely to use Ti will with this:

"Ti likes to figure out entire systems just for the sake of getting a glimpse of complete truth ("I want to play guitar, so I will learn the system of rules for how chords are built so I understand the whole thing at once"), whereas Te is much more goal-oriented and always wants to know how this system can be applied to something externally useful or used to accomplish our predetermined goals...so Te would be more inclined to first figure out what the goal is ("What do I plan to use my guitar playing for?") and then learn only what's necessary to complete that goal. ("I want to learn 'Freebird', so I will learn the chords and techniques necessary to play that song.")"

I would agree with Te. The main descriptions:

"Ti: What logical relationships necessitate this system working the way it does, and how can I make them make sense to me?

Te: What externally verifiable, quantifiable evidence can we show that this is logical, and what tangible goal can be served by spending our time on it?"

Hadn't really helped me.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you are sure about Fi and Fe, the other should be easy :p
There's a T-F and N-S axis after all.

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's the thing. I'm not sure on those.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CHEF

or has that joke already been made? :unsure:

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nevermind, I found this:

INFJ vs INTJ Part 1

INFJ vs INTJ Part 2

and was fairly confident I'm INTJ.

The thing is, for INTJ, I go against the stereotype not a little bit, but a lot.
I'm an artist, I like aesthetic things. I do care about others, and although I don't bend my neck to fit in and follow social cues, I am aware of them, and I do like to help those I care for. Although.. I am bad at emotions, I do plan to develop that more.
I like writing, I'm fairly creative.
I don't really like the sciences or anything, (unless it's psychology or technical, then I'm in love)

...I thought I could possibly be an INTJ type 4? It's rare, but still possible. What do you guys think?

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually another thing is, I don't want to be INTJ. You have so many mistypes typing themselves as INTJ, and I don't want to be a part of that statistic. Maybe that little insecurity is slowing me up. I don't care if I'm ESFP, just not INTJ. If I happen to be one of those fascinating creatures, I want to be sure, and not mistyped. 100% sure (or 99.9% sure, I'm not picky.) Thought I'd throw that out there.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are pulling towards INTJ. It even seems as if you're justifying things by making loose interpretations of the function descriptions.

And ofc this

I thought I could possibly be an INTJ type 4? It's rare, but still possible.

Anyways, the definitions I posted are the descriptions of the functions.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just had to say that. Tests are extremely stereotypical and they are biased towards intuition.

Here's the real stuff: http://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-of-cognitive-functions-from-various-sources

It could have hidden unclarity that could mislead the people who are not as involved in types or just starting.
I have some questions here and comments too. Don't get me wrong...not correcting anything, just trying to put things in their place in ym head lol might help someone else to if i say it out loud.

for example:
"Cognitive functions are not tools, skillsets, or behaviors that can be improved or learned."

Many descriptions imply that what makes top 4 functions is actually preference towards using them and using them (aka practice) makes them better. What is unknown here is why do we choose them functions?
Functions could make an impact on skills so therefore certain functions we use makes us good at certain skills.
Behaviours i agree...is very good to notice that this is only the way you think not neccessarily act.

'J' and 'P' letters do not represent how organized or disorganized you are, how likely you are to live by a schedule or how clean your living space is. These letters also do not represent any cognitive functions in themselves.

now i have a question...what does it mean then??? I know what they represent as the rest of paragraph says about J and P...but then Je and Pi peopel are who are J type. Why? Cuz cognitive functions are also descriptions.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

It could have hidden unclarity that could mislead the people who are not as involved in types or just starting.
I have some questions here and comments too. Don't get me wrong...not correcting anything, just trying to put things in their place in ym head lol might help someone else to if i say it out loud.

for example:
"Cognitive functions are not tools, skillsets, or behaviors that can be improved or learned."

Many descriptions imply that what makes top 4 functions is actually preference towards using them and using them (aka practice) makes them better. What is unknown here is why do we choose them functions?
Functions could make an impact on skills so therefore certain functions we use makes us good at certain skills.
Behaviours i agree...is very good to notice that this is only the way you think not neccessarily act.

'J' and 'P' letters do not represent how organized or disorganized you are, how likely you are to live by a schedule or how clean your living space is. These letters also do not represent any cognitive functions in themselves.

now i have a question...what does it mean then??? I know what they represent as the rest of paragraph says about J and P...but then Je and Pi peopel are who are J type. Why? Cuz cognitive functions are also descriptions.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just gonna answer like I thought you were saying. Some of the questions very a bit unclear.
IMany descriptions imply that what makes top 4 functions is actually preference towards using them and using them (aka practice) makes them better. What is unknown here is why do we choose them functions?
The reason for why we choose the functions we do is unknown to me. I am however aware that somewhere along your development (at a young age) your mind pushes away some of the functions (the shadow) and pulls some other of the functions. Once it has stabilized, you got 4 functions that are "you". 2 of them are conscious (Ni and Fe for INFJs) and 2 of them are subconscious (Ti and Se for INFJs).
You quite much develop your functions as you grow older. Tho some experiences could possibly accelerate the development of certain functions.

I'm unsure what you're trying to say...
Pi - Si, Ni
Pe - Se, Ne
Ji - Fi Ti
Je - Fe Te

IJ = Pi dom with Je aux
IP = Ji dom with Pe aux
EJ = Je dom with Pi aux
EP = Pe dom with Ji aux

MBTI is about how you think and not what you do, thus P/J doesn't change what you do. Even if it sometimes "bleed over".

Also, both my ESFP mother and sister like to plan and make schedules. Both me and my ISTJ dad avoids it and gets stressed by it.