• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

out of curiosity...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as a note, this isn't about me because I'm pretty confident in my own typing enneagram-wise :)

person in question though is a toss up

- holds self and others to certain standards of responsibility and productivity... as in "I know that I'll get my shit done, now it's your turn to hold up your end of the bargain!"

- feelings hurt whenever friends are less dependable than expected... known to sulk about this

- has definite opinions on how things should be

- tendency to cut loose... always one to go for "one more!" when in this mood

- enjoys cleanliness and order

- feels most comfortable in familiar surroundings... deep love of "home" and "my stuff"

- though likely to have judgmental attitudes, also more likely to temper more bombastic displays of anger from others by pointing out potential circumstances

- completely trusted by employers, employees, family and friends

- not afraid to be the asshole in a situation as long as facts are on the same side

thoughts are along the lines of 1 or 6 in a way... any clarification? :huh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i could definitely see 6w7 or 1w9.

is there more fear or more rigidity? 6 is more of a responder and 1 more of an initiator, i believe.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He/she mostly sounds like 6/7. I don't know how you're seeing a 1.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

no sense of anxiety ever witnessed... almost always either calm or annoyed :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

1 - judgmental, anger, definite opinions, cleanliness, order, expectation.

6 has a more tenuous relationship with these things. judgment occurs when i see people ditch other people. i don't have many inherent expectations for others except when it comes to not screwing others over. that's what gets me really angry. definite opinions are another thing, 6 will have some but not others. they will be VERY sure of a handful of things but pretty loose when it comes to everything else. i like cleanliness and order because it creates comfort and surity but the lack of them don't really bother me. anger is in response to injustice but there's not much trouble with repression or resentment.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no sense of anxiety ever witnessed... almost always either calm or annoyed :)

The first thing to look for when diagnosing a 6 is contradictions, not anxiety.

I don't see where 9 is completely out of the picture either.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the person in question has some abandonment issues and trust issues from their past and a rarely expressed paranoia in relationships... completely confident in the arena of work and ability though... doesn't want to ever be taken advantage of again

enjoys organizing things as a hobby and collects and organizes coins as well :thinking:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the person in question has some abandonment issues and trust issues from their past and a rarely expressed paranoia in relationships... completely confident in the arena of work and ability though... doesn't want to ever be taken advantage of again

enjoys organizing things as a hobby and collects and organizes coins as well :thinking:

I forgot to ask you: why is anxiety such a defining personality trait? And what does it look like anyway?

Another point: if this person was a type 1, you'd know it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 - judgmental, anger, definite opinions, cleanliness, order, expectation.

Anger is one thing; being an "angry person" is another. If everybody who got angry was a type 1, we'd all be 1s.

6s are highly opinionated.
1s aren't the only clean, orderly personality type.
But is the person in question a reformer? Nope.

With a 6, I expect to see a 'salesperson' type. With a 1, I expect to see OCPD rigidity, and sternness of interpersonal expression. This type of person might not be given to smiling very much. Ultra-seriousness is the norm. The world might end tomorrow if X isn't done just right for the type 1 personality.

6 has a more tenuous relationship with these things. judgment occurs when i see people ditch other people. i don't have many inherent expectations for others except when it comes to not screwing others over. that's what gets me really angry. definite opinions are another thing, 6 will have some but not others. they will be VERY sure of a handful of things but pretty loose when it comes to everything else. i like cleanliness and order because it creates comfort and surity but the lack of them don't really bother me. anger is in response to injustice but there's not much trouble with repression or resentment.

...And let's not overlook your lack of capitalization at the beginnings of all your sentences.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]

if you don't like my chosen way of writing, don't read or reply.

and if you can't see beyond "salesperson" for 6, you're missing an enormous range of personalities.

additionally, with you not being a 6, and with me being a very certain 6, i would hope that you would show some degree of allowance for my understanding of the type potentially being deeper than yours.

you voiced that you don't know how anyone could see type 1; i listed the words in her description that seem to suggest the possibility of type 1. i know a relatively calm and quiet self-typed 1w9, and i know a relatively uptight, often-frustrated self-typed 1w2. people come in a wide range of outward manifestations. i have made no claims; i am only brainstorming.

remove stick from ass please!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you don't like my chosen way of writing, don't read or reply.

You're sure you aren't a type 1?

and if you can't see beyond "salesperson" for 6, you're missing an enormous range of personalities.

additionally, with you not being a 6, and with me being a very certain 6, i would hope that you would show some degree of allowance for my understanding of the type being deeper than yours.

you voiced that you don't know how anyone could see type 1; i listed the words that are associated with type 1.

remove stick from ass please!

Ditto!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're sure you aren't a type 1?

lol, positive. if you knew me in real life you'd laugh at the thought.

i'm not trying to be rude, i just don't understand the sudden attack on me. i was just trying to explain why 1 seems like a possibility, and why 6 may not be right. i got enough of an impression of "solidity" out of the OP that, while 6 is definitely a possibility, i also do not feel like it's a very strong case based on the information provided.

you think maybe 9?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, positive. if you knew me in real life you'd laugh at the thought.

i'm not trying to be rude, i just don't understand the sudden attack on me. i was just trying to explain why 1 seems like a possibility, and why 6 may not be right. i got enough of an impression of "solidity" out of the OP that, while 6 is definitely a possibility, i also do not feel like it's a very strong case based on the information provided.

you think maybe 9?

I'm not attacking anybody.

G

Glycerine

His tritype probably has 1 and 6 with primary sp.

What about this?

136 – The Taskmaster Archetype

136/361/613

The 136/361/613 is an incredibly discerning, focused and responsible type. She said they will be the most inclined to want to live up to a successful image by societal standards and to focus on duty in order to feel valuable. She called it the "true taskmaster" that is inclined to create structure and rules that others in society can follow and to implement them. She said the blindspot is that one can be so overly focused on the rules that they can lose touch with their own values and feelings in deference to what is acceptable or societally defined. This is the type at risk of becoming robotic (along with the 135/351/513). However the 135/351/513 is less relational than the 136/361/613.

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

I am not 100% sure at this time but for now I am thinking 613 with 6 being very much in charge.
I am a goal-oriented person who doesn't like being controlled by others..I am a friendly person. Sometimes, I come across as too mild/passive..I see it when people think they can control me. They are often surprised when they see I don't let myself get pushed so easily. Being a phobic Six makes it hard for me to truly stand up to someone though often and I end up relying on an "avoidance strategy".
I focus mostly on competence/technical knowledge to get ahead in life so I don't go out of my way to manipulate/mobilize others.

136 tritype; elegant, stoic and resolute with a loyal professional veneer.

(3)-6-1 - The Compliant 3
3-(6)-1 - The Competent 6
3-6-(1) - The Normative 1

Very self critical. Strong ideas about how they should act and have man guidelines that they must follow and cannot deter from.

1-3-6 : this One is usually very hard-working and well-organized. Dutiful and diligent, they also keep an eye on their own interests and like to receive prizes and praise and boost their reputation among their peers. They prefer a leading role and can be excellent managers and leaders: they can get things done as they’re efficient, more pragmatic and also more cautious and calculated. They can sometimes suffer from a bit of paranoia, and worry about their status, finances or health.
usual subtypes: social, 1w9
similar tritypes: 3-1-6, 1-6-3
flavours: hard-working, pragmatic, efficient and cautious

1-6-3 : conscientious, responsible, cautious and efficient, these Ones are very practical and productive. They’re down-to-earth, realistic and typically good managers of people and resources. They’re also quite good at predicting and avoiding possible pit-falls and are talented trouble-shooters: they’re preventive and like to play it safe. Want their hard-work and thoroughness praised and (financially) rewarded, and sometimes they might act arrogantly and engage in self-praising when they feel unappreciated.
usual subtypes: social, self-preserving, 1w2
similar tritypes: 1-3-6, 6-1-3
flavours: efficient, practical, cautious and hard-working

136 Compliance meets Harmony and meets Competence.

The 136 is focused on the rules.... it is an important point but they really, really task and are always busy.

631--A 6 with a strong superego. Lots of issues regarding personal competency. At lower health, the most likely of the 6s to respond negatively and reactively to pressure from others, since there is already a nearly unbearable pressure from within.
--The first impression I get from this tritype is a strong image orientation. There's a constant need to impress others and to have a positive place in the social sphere. I see a need for perfection in all things, partly out of ego and partly out of duty. There's strong loyalty to causes, but more so community ones and not personal ones. But this is a very hands-on tritype who will work to achieve what (s)he wants to achieve. I see less manipulation here than the 3 might otherwise indicate, and more focus and drive.
--That doesn't ring true for me ( I have this tritype ). Duty to those worthy of it, yes, but I don't find "societal standards" to be high standards at all, or worth emulating in the slightest. I find that most of "society" sorely disappoints, the lowest common denominator rules. I also have a deep distrust for the public in general.

So, the 136, 137 and 126 would most focus on preparing, being busy and responsible. The 1 and 6 feel they must be responsible, the 3s must do, achieve, and perform, the 4s must accomplish, the 8s must executing and so on.

I have found the 136 needs to be busy to avoid feelings of anxiety …136s can enjoy needle point, baking, cleaning, organizing and/or reading to keep the anxiety at bay.

[by timeless:] 6-1-3. That means they have the core desires of a 6, they interact with the world like a 1 and they like to be seen like a 3 would like to be seen. Breaking that down:
Type 6 is security-oriented, and can alternate between serious doubt and serious loyalty. They tend to be pretty rule-focused right off the bat (as they are a superego type) but then add 1 onto the mix and, like that tri-type description gives you, they can get fixated on constructing appropriate rules. Type 1 is usually critical of themselves and others, which is the component that enables a Type 6 to channel their desire for a workable rule set into the desire to create a workable rule set. Type 3, the image type in this triad, likes to be seen as successful and effective. You can see how adding 6, 1 and 3 together would create a personality type that's dedicated toward seeking out the best rule set.

613 The Taskmaster. Discerning and focused 6. This is the most industrious 6. Eager beavers and highly responsible, they are always busy and can be mistaken for 3s. Fear is managed by achieving. They tend to feel the burden of obligation. They focus on duty and family.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, corruptible, condemned, failure, being incapable, or unable to do, inefficient, immutable, and inconsequential.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra.../73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and to give [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] a bit of ammo we're talking someone who won't let other people fold their clothes "because they won't do it right" and is a complete and total germaphobe as well :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION]... interesting... sounds rather 163 or 613 actually... :thinking:

Jaguar

and to give [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] a bit of ammo we're talking someone who won't let other people fold their clothes "because they won't do it right" and is a complete and total germaphobe as well :)

Can the different types of food touch each other on the plate? ;)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6s are highly opinionated.
With a 6, I expect to see a 'salesperson' type.
As a 6, uhhhh...what? Source? That's about the opposite of what I've read (and experienced).