• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ/INTP/INTJ/INFP

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know this is a lot, but I'm going to narrow it down. I've been told I'm an INFJ by a lot of tests and my mom, (I'm 14, so I am not a basement-dweller) who's going through med school. But I'm not totally sure.

I know I'm an I, because I clam up easily.

Probably an N, because I use similes a lot in explanations.

T/F I don't get, I'm the best student in math class and I like computers, but I feel sad when something's broken or discarded, and I'm kinda overemotional.

J/P Is the one I also don't get. I am one of those people who is tense and can't just calm down easily and I am one of these people who always annoyingly schedules things (in my head) and makes lists (in my head). But I've been late for school, I forget a lot of stuff, and my room is a mess a lot of the time.

I hope I covered that thoroughly enough, because I just want to figure this out, be sure and get over that nagging voice in my head that says "Who am I?".:shocking:

Last edited:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
You sound like an INFJ to me, but I don't really know you. I think the best way to tell is to:
1) Sit down and read descriptions of each type
2) Talk to people of each type to see if you click or have shared behaviors and thought processes

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well.. It is quite a lot. The thing that makes this difficult is that you are still becoming what you are. When I was fourteen, I appeared to be someone very different of who I am today. Still, you are thinking about the question so you have better chances knowing who you are than I did.

Ok, the question between T and F. This is about is it more important to you to "be right" about something or to "get along" with people. If you are sure that the facts are on your side, will you argue the point, even if it means that the other side will be upset? That would make you a T.

J/P, this is something a bit more vague to me. The core, I suppose, is that the Judging types like to get things settled (like you want to know your personality, to get it out of your mind :) ) and the Perceiving types like to have options. So, if you plan a lot, it could mean you are a J.

Jive A Turkey

MBTI Type
INFP
Why are you late for school? What's the matter with you? No, seriously, what makes you late? What's going on in your head those last twenty minutes before you arrive?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Having lots of plans and schedules in your head sounds pretty NJ to me.

I may know exactly what I'm doing, but because I don't have the lists, schedules, flow charts, diagrams, pie charts, line graphs, bar graphs, recipes, papers, bakers, and candlestick makers, people have a tendency not to believe me.

What sort of stuff do you normally forget? And yes, why were you late?

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I forget stuff as in I space out, I have Asperger's syndrome. And I'm late to school, I think, because, when I space out, I forget stuff that I remember at the last minute. My sleep schedule is also off those days.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I should add that I knew a confirmed INFJ who was constantly late for anything scheduled, whether appointments, deadlines, or whatever. She was incapable of turning in assignments on time because they had to be PERFECT before she handed them in.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I forget stuff as in I space out, I have Asperger's syndrome. And I'm late to school, I think, because, when I space out, I forget stuff that I remember at the last minute. My sleep schedule is also off those days.

INJs can be bad with remembering little factual things, as in, the stuff Si is good at. I may be planning out things that seem more 'important' but do things like forget to bring my backpack to school. When it comes to life maintenance, NJs can have a tendency to be set to automatic, too...

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
nolla said:
Ok, the question between T and F. This is about is it more important to you to "be right" about something or to "get along" with people. If you are sure that the facts are on your side, will you argue the point, even if it means that the other side will be upset? That would make you a T.

It really depends on if I like them or not. If someone is rude or cocky to me and really ruins my day, then I would love to prove myself better than them probably to lose any insecurities about myself. If they are nice to me or don't bother me, I can live being dumber or worse than them at something. I love to be right, but I'd give up being smart for being proficient and at ease around a large group of people almost any day.

I mean if you're right about something that would get you the Nobel Prize and it could wreck a friendship, it's not important at all. Kinda like being right about something nobody cares about. Well, it depends on how good the friend is... And if you have to donate the prize money...(Greedy drool):devil: lol

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It really depends on if I like them or not. If someone is rude or cocky to me and really ruins my day, then I would love to prove myself better than them probably to lose any insecurities about myself. If they are nice to me or don't bother me, I can live being dumber or worse than them at something. I love to be right, but I'd give up being smart for being proficient and at ease around a large group of people any day.

I mean if you're right about something and it could wreck a friendship, it's not important at all. Kinda like being right about something nobody cares about.

INFJ.

INTJs would have a hard time not conceding that the dumbass has a point if he actually does. it's not so much a point of whether the INTJ must be 'better' at something or 'worse' than something than the other person but more of a matter of as long as it's done 'right.' An INTJ may not need to be right about everything but if they're sure they're right about something, it's difficult to make them accept another opinion, and they won't accept 'just to get along' as a reason to change their opinion.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ.

INTJs would have a hard time not conceding that the dumbass has a point if he actually does. it's not so much a point of whether the INTJ must be 'better' at something or 'worse' than something than the other person but more of a matter of as long as it's done 'right.' An INTJ may not need to be right about everything but if they're sure they're right about something, it's difficult to make them accept another opinion, and they won't accept 'just to get along' as a reason to change their opinion.

Found out my brother's type... lol

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
T/F I don't get, I'm the best student in math class and I like computers, but I feel sad when something's broken or discarded, and I'm kinda overemotional.

Feelers can be strong math students too and like computers, just as Thinkers can be poor math students and not be able to stand computers.

I'm going for INFJ from what I'm reading.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Feelers can be strong math students too and like computers, just as Thinkers can be poor math students and not be able to stand computers.

I'm going for INFJ from what I'm reading.

You really can't go by separating T/F into "science" versus "humanities." I mean, my brother (INFP) wanted to be a doctor and I wanted to be a linguist. I'm a part of a writing group, and while most of the people are NFs or SFPs, at last count we had 3 NTs -- an ENTP, an INTJ (me) and an ENTJ. The ENTP writes sci-fi humor, I write (Christ I don't know what I write anymore) surreal fantasy, and the ENTJ writes edgy teen fiction. We don't necessarily have a lot in common with each other, but we do tend to go about writing differently than everyone else. It doesn't mean we're not all writers, though, something that is usually labeled an "NF" pursuit.