• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opinion Poll: What's greenfairy's type?

What is Greenfairy's type?

• INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

• ENFJ

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESTP

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, just so I know how many people think I'm what. You don't have to discuss it; I just want to know, as the results might have changed since my type threads. Don't worry, I won't get mad; it's just for research purposes. :p

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP

While I see the INFP similarities, I think it's no more than some of the other INTPs around here.

But who knows... :shrug:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably a 3w4 who won't fit well into any mbti type. INFP-ish INFJ or something.

gromit

likes this
I said INFP, but take it with a grain of salt as I'm pretty terrible at typing people.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am tempted to vote ISTJ, just because it so inconceivably far off, though I guess that would be kind of a bad joke.

But seriously, I think of greenfairy as an introverted Ni user, either INJ or ISP.

I mean she has some really strange perspectives on the nature of existence that falls into the category of what we could term "odd magical thinking", very much in line with Ni.

My top 3 guesses would be INFJ, ISFP, and INFP, and even though INFP is not Ni, I will not eliminate it because that is a very imaginative type, albeit not quite as mystical as INFJ, and not quite as artsy as ISFP.

I didn't vote yet because I need more information before making an unalterable judgment on her type.

Anyway, I would also say that greenfairy is either an enneagram 5w4 or 9w1 and sx/sp or sx/so for the instincts.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION]. Really? ESFJ?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
This is interesting to me. You strike me as an INTP that is around 30ish. I seems to me that Fe is entering the picture now, this is only my impression from your posts though, which is what you're asking for. You know yourself better than anyone else ever will. :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is interesting to me. You strike me as an INTP that is around 30ish. I seems to me that Fe is entering the picture now, this is only my impression from your posts though, which is what you're asking for. You know yourself better than anyone else ever will. :)
:) Yes, I'm 28. And yes, it has only been recently that I've been able to let my emotions flow freely without being totally inappropriate. When I was a teenager I was totally feeling-retarded. So you could be right.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just decided to vote INFJ with no small letters.

I am also concluding that you are 9w1 sx/sp.

I also think that Gandhi may have been INFJ, perhaps even a type 9 as well. Here is a thread I found on the man below:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/18966-gandhi.html

I don't know about the 9, but he definitely has very strong elements of 1 (either main or strong wing), due to the intense rigor he approached in his personal life. 9's are typically far easier going in that sense, but from what I recall reading, he was judgmental toward those directly involved in his daily life and was critical when they did not conform to his own sense of self-discipline. His ideas were also very rigorous and directed at effecting change toward the external world (like the traditional INFJ who sees change and the ideal naturally and engages the world in a way to make it happen, rather than just sitting around speculating on theory or values for their own sake).

Gandhi's philosophy was not theoretical but one of pragmatism, that is, practicing his principles in real time. Asked to give a message to the people, he would respond, "My life is my message."[8]

...Gandhism designates the ideas and principles Gandhi promoted. Of central importance is nonviolent resistance. A Gandhian can mean either an individual who follows, or a specific philosophy which is attributed to, Gandhism.[47] M.M.Sankhdher argues that Gandhism is not a systematic position in metaphysics or in political philosophy. Rather, it is a political creed, an economic doctrine, a religious outlook, a moral precept, and especially, a humanitarian world view. It is an effort not to systematize wisdom but to transform society and is based on an undying faith in the goodness of human nature.[120] However Gandhi himself did not approve of the notion of "Gandhism". He explained in 1936:

There is no such thing as "Gandhism," and I do not want to leave any sect after me. I do not claim to have originated any new principle or doctrine. I have simply tried in my own way to apply the eternal truths to our daily life and problems...The opinions I have formed and the conclusions I have arrived at are not final. I may change them tomorrow. I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills.[121]

...Stephen Hay argues that Gandhi in London looked into numerous religious and intellectual currents. He especially appreciated how the theosophical movement encouraged a religious eclecticism and an antipathy to atheism. Hay says the vegetarian movement had the greatest impact for it was Gandhi's point of entry into other reformist agendas of the time.[165] The idea of vegetarianism is deeply ingrained in Hindu and Jain traditions in India, especially in his native Gujarat.[166] Gandhi was close to the chairman of the London Vegetarian Society, Dr. Josiah Oldfield, and corresponded with Henry Stephens Salt, a vegetarian campaigner. Gandhi became a strict vegetarian. He wrote the book The Moral Basis of Vegetarianism and wrote for the London Vegetarian Society's publication.[167]

Gandhi used fasting as a political device, often threatening suicide unless demands were met. Gandhi noted in his autobiography that vegetarianism was the beginning of his deep commitment to Brahmacharya; without total control of the palate, his success in Brahmacharya would likely falter. "You wish to know what the marks of a man are who wants to realize Truth which is God," he wrote. "He must reduce himself to zero and have perfect control over all his senses-beginning with the palate or tongue."[168][169]

....A core Gandhian value that came in for much bantering and ribald music hall humour in Britain was his nakedness—Churchill publicly called him a "half-naked fakir"[172] – and his experiments in "brahmacharya" or the elimination of all desire in the face of temptation.[173] In 1906 Gandhi, although married and a father, vowed to abstain from sexual relations. In the 1940s, in his mid-seventies, he brought his grandniece Manubehn to sleep naked in his bed as part of a spiritual experiment in which Gandhi could test himself as a "brahmachari." Several other young women and girls also sometimes shared his bed as part of his experiments.[174] Gandhi discussed his experiment with friends and relations; most disagreed and the experiment ceased in 1947.[175]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohandas_Karamchand_Gandhi

Etcetra. he seems to be pretty INFJ to me, and 9's just tend to be so flexy outwardly (to avoid conflict) that I have trouble with the notion of one choosing to not only lead a passive-resistance movement, but one that made very politically confrontational statements such as the ones he made during the Holocaust:

Gandhi's views came under heavy criticism in Britain when it was under attack from Nazi Germany, and later when the Holocaust was revealed. He told the British people in 1940, "I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for saving you or humanity. You will invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions... If these gentlemen choose to occupy your homes, you will vacate them. If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourselves, man, woman, and child, to be slaughtered, but you will refuse to owe allegiance to them."[152]

In a post-war interview in 1946, he said, "Hitler killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher’s knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs... It would have aroused the world and the people of Germany... As it is they succumbed anyway in their millions."[153] Gandhi believed this act of "collective suicide", in response to the Holocaust, "would have been heroism".[154]

...Gandhi thought the Zionists in Palestine represented European imperialism and used violence to achieve their goals; he argued that "the Jews should disclaim any intention of realizing their aspiration under the protection of arms and should rely wholly on the goodwill of Arabs. No exception can possibly be taken to the natural desire of the Jews to found a home in Palestine. But they must wait for its fulfillment till Arab opinion is ripe for it."[163] Philosopher Martin Buber was highly critical of Gandhi's approach and in 1939 wrote an open letter to him on the subject. Gandhi reiterated his stance on the use of Satyagraha in Palestine in 1947.[164]

R

Riva

Hmm.. would an INFJ be so confused? / Would an INFJ need so much external confirmation? / be so unsure?

INFJs from what I have noticed in the forum aren't usually confused. They just seem to know. Infact they seem to know the enneagram type and the instinctual variant too. It just seems to be that way with them? Should I elaborate as to why I think so? I probably shouldn't. I should just state what I have observed and let it be.

If the question is between INFJ and INFP I am voting for INFP hands down.

INTP Vs INFP I would again vote INFP. Not with as much confidence as I dismissed INFJ though.

W

WALMART

jontherobot said:
Do you have anything relatively scientific on the subject?

I don't, unfortunately. The far fetched gravitational influence is enough for me. I think science is extremely limited in its scope of knowledge, and if things make sense to me intuitively based on the patterns in the universe I've observed, then I think I can safely believe it. If things contradict those principles and patterns and don't make logical sense to me then that's when I criticize a belief. Otherwise I don't really care what people believe.

jontherobot said:
In your own words, what entails being Ni-dom?

greenfairy said:
I can't really explain it, but it feels like it fits. And that's a pretty Ni thing to say.

These two statements make me feel you do not exhibit Ti, but Fi, somewhere in your function stacking. Maybe you did not feel bothered enough to look, but you gave no mention of harvest seasons or ambient conception temperatures or anything. The gravity argument was something I provided, even. I don't really analyze your comments, but if these lines of thinking of are indicative of ongoing expressions...

This would also put Te somewhere in there as well. I am back to INTJ, ISFP or INFP.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know you well enough, but from your posts, I've considered either INTP, possibly INFJ [I have trouble recognizing my own type in others, but it's considered since it shares some of the same functions]. These were my initial impressions.
The only other [remote] possibility I see is INFP.

I have no particular posts to cite to back this up; I'm merely giving feedback in generalities, based on my own subjective perception.

This all goes without saying, I guess, but ultimately, it's up to you, regarding accuracy. Doesn't have to necessarily "make sense" to anyone else, in terms of articulation.

It's quite likely you're more familiar with how you operate than a bunch of people on the internet might believe they could be.

Permabanned
These two statements make me feel you do not exhibit Ti, but Fi, somewhere in your function stacking. Maybe you did not feel bothered enough to look, but you gave no mention of harvest seasons or ambient conception temperatures or anything. The gravity argument was something I provided, even. I don't really analyze your comments, but if these lines of thinking of are indicative of ongoing expressions... This would also put Te somewhere in there as well. I am back to INTJ, ISFP or INFP.

I concur @ bold.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm.. would an INFJ be so confused? / Would an INFJ need so much external confirmation? / be so unsure?

INFJs from what I have noticed in the forum aren't usually confused. They just seem to know. Infact they seem to know the enneagram type and the instinctual variant too. It just seems to be that way with them? Should I elaborate as to why I think so? I probably shouldn't. I should just state what I have observed and let it be.

If the question is between INFJ and INFP I am voting for INFP hands down.

INTP Vs INFP I would again vote INFP. Not with as much confidence as I dismissed INFJ though.

I agree with this.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Lol [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION]. Really? ESFJ?

Yes. Here's my top three for you:

ESFJ
ISFJ
ISFP

At the very least, you're not a T, and I'd bet the farm that you're not an N.

R

Riva

I agree with this.

Thank you.

Adding to my previous point; even the quiet INFJs who refrain from taking part in MBTI theories/typings (sneaky ones who lurk around) seem to be confident with their mbti, enneagram and instinctual variant types.

I'm not saying they are right about their enneagram/IV assessments but they seem to be confident with it or with their own judgments.

And seldom others seem to suspect / question them, implying that maybe INFJ types are good at self assessments and - to go a step further - better than other types at self assessment.