• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opinion Poll: What's greenfairy's type?

What is Greenfairy's type?

• INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

• ENFJ

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESTP

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These two statements make me feel you do not exhibit Ti, but Fi, somewhere in your function stacking. Maybe you did not feel bothered enough to look, but you gave no mention of harvest seasons or ambient conception temperatures or anything. The gravity argument was something I provided, even. I don't really analyze your comments, but if these lines of thinking of are indicative of ongoing expressions...

This would also put Te somewhere in there as well. I am back to INTJ, ISFP or INFP.

I don't see the connection here; in the first quote we're talking about scientific evidence, which is Te not Ti. So if I lack Te, I would lack Fi. In the second when I say "feels" I mean it in an intuitive way, not a "feeling" way, and we are talking about Ni. So your conclusions don't follow.

Yes. Here's my top three for you:

ESFJ
ISFJ
ISFP

At the very least, you're not a T, and I'd bet the farm that you're not an N.

Why do you think I'm not an N? That's a new one.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm.. would an INFJ be so confused? / Would an INFJ need so much external confirmation? / be so unsure?

INFJs from what I have noticed in the forum aren't usually confused. They just seem to know. Infact they seem to know the enneagram type and the instinctual variant too. It just seems to be that way with them? Should I elaborate as to why I think so? I probably shouldn't. I should just state what I have observed and let it be.

If the question is between INFJ and INFP I am voting for INFP hands down.

INTP Vs INFP I would again vote INFP. Not with as much confidence as I dismissed INFJ though.
I agree with this.

I would just like to reiterate that my type threads and this poll aren't about me lacking confidence in my type in any way. I started out with plenty of confidence about it, and only questioned it when several very vocal people started harassing me about it. My decision to entertain other viewpoints and choose another type was an act of diplomacy, not confusion. (<-- Fe) I have a pretty good idea about what and how I am. But I like learning, and listening to other people talk about their types and their assessments of how the system works is one of the best ways.
Thank you.

Adding to my previous point; even the quiet INFJs who refrain from taking part in MBTI theories/typings (sneaky ones who lurk around) seem to be confident with their mbti, enneagram and instinctual variant types.

I'm not saying they are right about their enneagram/IV assessments but they seem to be confident with it or with their own judgments.

And seldom others seem to suspect / question them, implying that maybe INFJ types are good at self assessments and - to go a step further - better than other types at self assessment.

And I'm betting that no one questions their types because no one questions feelers and accuses them of being wannabe NF's, because most people who aren't NF's don't really want to be, and the ones who are don't care.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think we need to stop talking about functions, and start talking about greenfairy's behaviors, because these functional analyses don't seem to be going anywhere, but they are leading to a lot of contradictions and confusions.

Anyway, greenfairy seems, to me, to display some extraverted behaviors, as she does seem to be quite personable and interactive but, as social as she can be, greenfairy just doesn't strike me as having grade A social skills as well as awareness, so E or I is up for grabs.
Greenfairy also seems to be an intuitive, like with the odd magical beliefs I mentioned in another post, though some function nazis might explain this away as her being an ISP in an Ni loop, but I think that explanation just doesn't suffice, and she also seems to be quite good at generating complex hypotheses on the nature of creation, and philosophical perspectives from which to see and perceive it, so all in all, N seems fairly clear.
Perhaps the most obvious of all the letters is F, and I used to think T was possible but, over time, I have seen greenfairy erupt with quite a few heated emotional reactions, as well as a deep desire to keep in harmony, rather than having a tenacious tendency to control, so I think greenfairy is definately F.
The very hardest letter to determine for her I would say is the dispute between J and P. Perhaps this can only be identified by what functions she uses, as it would determine whether she is NFP or NFJ, the 2 categories we have finally narrowed this search down to.

All of that being said, I can prophesy, with the confidence of the Book of Revelation, that greenfairy is indeed an NF type, a Catalyst, an Idealist, though which one of the 4 she is, I cannot say for certain, so xNFx is the obvious answer, though if I had to pick right now, my vote goes to INFJ.

So does anyone also agree with me that greenfairy is an enneagram 9? The enneagram could prove to be an important piece in the solving of this puzzle.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we need to stop talking about functions, and start talking about greenfairy's behaviors, because these functional analyses don't seem to be going anywhere, but they are leading to a lot of contradictions and confusions.

Anyway, greenfairy seems, to me, to display some extraverted behaviors, as she does seem to be quite personable and interactive but, as social as she can be, greenfairy just doesn't strike me as having grade A social skills as well as awareness, so E or I is up for grabs.
Greenfairy also seems to be an intuitive, like with the odd magical beliefs I mentioned in another post, though some function nazis might explain this away as her being an ISP in an Ni loop, but I think that explanation just doesn't suffice, and she also seems to be quite good at generating complex hypotheses on the nature of creation, and philosophical perspectives from which to see and perceive it, so all in all, N seems fairly clear.
Perhaps the most obvious of all the letters is F, and I used to think T was possible but, over time, I have seen greenfairy erupt with quite a few heated emotional reactions, as well as a deep desire to keep in harmony, rather than having a tenacious tendency to control, so I think greenfairy is definately F.
The very hardest letter to determine for her I would say is the dispute between J and P. Perhaps this can only be identified by what functions she uses, as it would determine whether she is NFP or NFJ, the 2 categories we have finally narrowed this search down to.

All of that being said, I can prophesy, with the confidence of the Book of Revelation, that greenfairy is indeed an NF type, a Catalyst, an Idealist, though which one of the 4 she is, I cannot say for certain, so xNFx is the obvious answer, though if I had to pick right now, my vote goes to INFJ.

So does anyone also agree with me that greenfairy is an enneagram 9? The enneagram could prove to be an important piece in the solving of this puzzle.

Thanks for the analysis! All in all I agree. It's becoming clear to me from my own analysis that there is a high probability that I'm in fact an F, due to the importance of social harmony for me.

As far as E-type goes, I actually am not and never have been sure. (If that disqualifies me from INFJ status, I don't know what to say. If I can't be INFJ I might just be ENFP and see what people say.)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for the analysis! All in all I agree. It's becoming clear to me from my own analysis that there is a high probability that I'm in fact an F, due to the importance of social harmony for me.

As far as E-type goes, I actually am not and never have been sure. (If that disqualifies me from INFJ status, I don't know what to say. If I can't be INFJ I might just be ENFP and see what people say.)

You aren't an ENFP.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You aren't an ENFP.

Well, it's pretty clear whatever I choose won't be something everyone can agree on.

How about I change it back to STFU then? Or how about...(copying Saturned) farE.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, it's pretty clear whatever I choose won't be something everyone can agree on.

The only types I could see you as would be INFJ and INTP. Also, I think that you should post a video of yourself. That would help everyone to understand who you are and would make typing you a lot easier.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP, for no other reason than that has always been my impression, and the one I keep coming back to through all of the discussion and analysis. Pieces of other things fit, but this is the only complete 4-letter type that does. There are shades of INTP, but having known both INTPs and INFPs IRL, there is some mirror-imaging between the two types. Some of the INFPs I have known have been quite proficient with rational analysis, and this is what I sense from GF. The one piece that doesn't fit so well is all the Fe-like behavior, but as I have often said myself, one cannot always judge accurately by observed behavior. Every type can exhibit any behavior, in ways and for reasons that are entirely type-consistent. GF has thrown out plenty of clues that might explain the external efforts toward harmony that are not always evident in INFP.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

How about I change it back to STFU then? Or how about...(copying Saturned) farE.

Well it seems you are not allowed to be anything!!! I think therefore you should be an INTPJ the most prestigious of types. Spit in the faces of the non-believers!

Ps: If you want some fun, make them really hate you, then you will be an ESFJ for life.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only types I could see you as would be INFJ and INTP. Also, I think that you should post a video of yourself. That would help everyone to understand who you are and would make typing you a lot easier.
If I truly cared enough to go to the trouble of finding/buying a charger for my video camera and reading the manual to remember how it works, that would be a great idea. I've already planned out what I'm going to say and what I'm going to wear and what kind of mood I should be in, and what attitude I should display; so when I get done with finals I may do it. Just for fun and curiosity.

Well it seems you are not allowed to be anything!!! I think therefore you should be an INTPJ the most prestigious of types. Spit in the faces of the non-believers!

And I would, were it not for the fact that I am only allowed 4 letters. I would change types weekly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
If I truly cared enough to go to the trouble of finding/buying a charger for my video camera and reading the manual to remember how it works, that would be a great idea. I've already planned out what I'm going to say and what I'm going to wear and what kind of mood I should be in, and what attitude I should display; so when I get done with finals I may do it. Just for fun and curiosity.

And I would, were it not for the fact that I am only allowed 4 letters. I would change types weekly.

Well send me an invite when you do it

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool, the votes are closer than I thought they would be. Although I thought surely some would say ENXP. Maybe someone will in the future.

W

WALMART

I don't see the connection here; in the first quote we're talking about scientific evidence, which is Te not Ti. So if I lack Te, I would lack Fi. In the second when I say "feels" I mean it in an intuitive way, not a "feeling" way, and we are talking about Ni. So your conclusions don't follow.

Ti and Te are both about objectivity. Ti is more comfortable suspending judgement to further analyze a system, while Te is more 'decision driven'. Both are very much concerned with scientific, objective fact.

Fi and Fe are about subjectivity - how objective facts pertain to your ego or those around you. It's more looking at something neat (astrology and the history behind it) and adopting it, searching for supporting evidence instead of objectifying what is already there. In your case, likely even, seeing the label of 'INFJ'.

All I'm really saying is that 'F' of some sort is higher in your function stacking than 'T' is, ruling INTP out, at the very least. I'd still say ISFP - you keep the Ni, you accept your Ti is a little more subjective than perhaps you'd like it to be, and most of the other functions remain the same. It makes the most sense, to me, but as always - the perceiver is king.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti and Te are both about objectivity. Ti is more comfortable suspending judgement to further analyze a system, while Te is more 'decision driven'. Both are very much concerned with scientific, objective fact.

Fi and Fe are about subjectivity - how objective facts pertain to your ego or those around you. It's more looking at something neat (astrology and the history behind it) and adopting it, searching for supporting evidence instead of objectifying what is already there. In your case, likely even, seeing the label of 'INFJ'.

All I'm really saying is that 'F' of some sort is higher in your function stacking than 'T' is, ruling INTP out, at the very least. I'd still say ISFP - you keep the Ni, you accept your Ti is a little more subjective than perhaps you'd like it to be, and most of the other functions remain the same. It makes the most sense, to me, but as always - the perceiver is king.

Well fair enough, but ISFP uses inferior Te not Ti. Do you mean that it is more subjective because it is a shadow function? In some cases it is more subjective than I'd like it to be; but I think that's true of every Ti user. I'm not saying you are incorrect, only dissecting what you are saying.

Also it seems to be the case from my observations that Fi doms are more rare in philosophy outside of human oriented systems of thought such as ethics; if that's not true please correct. (It also seems as though S's are more rare in philosophy period.) I'm a philosophy major and take little interest in ethics. I had a strong interest in it at one point, decided it's mostly relative, decided what I think is objectively true concerning human interaction (Fe), and left it. Now I'm far more interested in discovering the nature of reality beyond the limitations of the human world.

W

WALMART

Well fair enough, but ISFP uses inferior Te not Ti. Do you mean that it is more subjective because it is a shadow function? In some cases it is more subjective than I'd like it to be; but I think that's true of every Ti user. I'm not saying you are incorrect, only dissecting what you are saying.

I just meant Ti is more subject to change than Te is. Te/Fe, when high up on the function stacking, can be kind of 'closed off', preferring (stereotypically) to work over the information already accrued than acquire new information. Ti/Fi is almost always moar moar moar.

Also it seems to be the case from my observations that Fi doms are more rare in philosophy outside of human oriented systems of thought such as ethics; if that's not true please correct. (It also seems as though S's are more rare in philosophy period.) I'm a philosophy major and take little interest in ethics. I had a strong interest in it at one point, decided it's mostly relative, decided what I think is objectively true concerning human interaction (Fe), and left it. Now I'm far more interested in discovering the nature of reality beyond the limitations of the human world.

ISFP's are weird breeds. I think of it like a sweet spot of function use - The primary function (Fi) is a general drive for understanding; a more 'stylish' Ti. The auxiliary function (Se) states when objective information is provided contrary or contributing to previously gathered information, we are capable of accepting it so, which makes Fi/Se a little more 'understanding' about things than Fi/Ne. Ni is back to being subjective - as long as the systems previously mentioned are not in conflict, the mind is generally malleable to do as it pleases, linking systems and all that jazz Ni is fond of. A main difference of Ni/Se vs Se/Ni in terms of function stacking is that Se/Ni users are more apt at accepting information into the system to work around with. Ni/Se more prefers to be 'confined' in certain areas, confident (or something) that they have accrued enough information to pass judgements. Finally, we're back to the inferior function, Te, which is a preference of being objective, typically about how the user feels about something, hence Te/Fi always coexisting.

Anyways, this is just a functional breakdown of ISFP's. I don't know if you can relate to this, I'm just showing that they can be very much interested in philosophical concepts beyond the human scope.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Robots can detect the electromagnetic impulses emanating from your brain, making them proficient personality analyzers, even if they could not do so before all the gizmos in their control center were assembled, which, of course, were put into their proper consctruction format for this robot here by Dario Nardi, among other high functioning personality programmers, so perhaps ISFP is indeed a high probability possibility, but let us not jump to conclusions here, as I was just being funny for the most part, but seriously, greenfairy could be anything from an ISFP to an INFJ. But, as we can also see in the poll results, lots of folks also think INFP, so that is also an option, even if it wasn't the idea of any ancient wizard from the past, or any sophisticated robot from the future.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being sure or not sure of one's type is itself no indicator of one type or another. I had the same problem, though the way I was devoted to the interest of the theory, I pondered and researched until I found out how it really worked, and thus which type was most likely. (Especially, since years ago, I saw how people with T/F uncertainty were always being pushed toward F by others, and I had had enough of that with this "expert" who seems to have popularized some of this approach).
Another INTP might not be as focused on this particular theory as I was, so may take longer to figure it out.

As for needing so much input from others, don't forget inferior Fe (Which will be like that, and not as mature and confident of one's standing with others as preferred Fe), and also, if the person's social temperament (INP) is Supine, they will be more like that as well, and seem more sensitive and "F"-like, where if they are Phlegmatic, they will be the more typical "detached, aloof" kind that can take people's opinions or leave them.

But behaviors can change, and inasmuch as they are connected with functions, can eve be from other complexes (i.e. the lower archetypes) beside the preferred ones.
Again, inferior Fe will be as you describe. In fact, an "eruption" of emotional reactions might be a clue that Feeling is inferior, rather than preferred. (See Quenk's Was That Really Me?)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HarHar someone voted ESTJ! :laugh:

Whoever that was sure has a dang good sense of humor. :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HarHar someone voted ESTJ! :laugh:

Whoever that was sure has a dang good sense of humor. :D
Inorite? Perhaps they are code for the opposite letters. Although I think it's probable that I'm a closet extrovert, forced to live the life of an introvert by poor early social skills. Highly doubtful about S, T/F is a toss-up, and P/J is a toss-up. So letter wise it's not so far off, but I just don't fit the generalized descriptions of ESXJ. At all.

I'm really surprised no one has voted ENXP. I thought that was highly plausible. Why so many INFP's but no ENFP's?

dobages

MBTI Type
----
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, i'm gonna jump in here and quickly add a couple of points about myself so i can get a swift typing. :D

I get bored with friends over time(like 2 months in), and very much enjoy meeting new ones.

I am definetely a perceiving type. I can make people laugh when they dont bore me easily. Sometimes i get so much satisfaction from entertaining i just enjoy the moment and completely ignore what's said the following 15 secs. I like to think of myself as a thinker, analysing when not observing or participating. I feel uncomfortable when out of place, and not knowing what to do(judging my own conscious thoughts).

Apologies for spelling.