• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tabula rasa!?

meow175

I've got a fairly good idea of my type but I want to see some hopefully insightful analysis on it if any expert or non-expert typer is bored enough tonight. Thanks. :)

Found this questionnaire:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm pretty realistic and at the same time I can feel very abstract too. I feel like these are at odds at times. One single day is only 24 hours and not everything will fit into that... Also that more conceptual part of mine developed later or something but it's a part of mine that I would not want to let go of, even with the disadvantages, it added too much good too to want to get rid of this :).

Also, I have both very social and very antisocial tendencies at the same time. The antisocial part is weird for me being female. -.- The very social part is the newer addition to myself. Before that socializing with people was just something "oh cool" but I didn't actively seek it out. (I'm still pretty young btw... thank god.)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Making enough impact on the world/part of the world. Find a way to get past certain obstacles in the way to that. Finding real soul mate.

The rest I already have so I'm not listing those as I don't need to yearn for them ;)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Many such times, I'm sure. I like to be in flow focusing on something, immersed in in-the-moment physical or mental challenge and/or competition. Then, nice memories of being with two other people (not always the same people) and having loads of fun, always interaction, naturally flowing, never anyone left out of it, never bored, some talk and then some more action intertwined.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't really truly ever feel inferior. Confidence is one of my main traits.

Instead, I'll list the low moments of my life: I don't like it if I feel left out socially; I used to be quite paranoid about feeling socially awkward but I figured out this was something that largely only existed in my mind.

Also, it would result in low moments if I was to just follow others passively or if I feel I'm beaten *too easily* at something. (My competitiveness is something that's impossible to keep in check. Must be some unerasable instinct.)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The objective is what I want :) What I want may not be for rational reasons, I just have desires that I want to satisfy or I have visions to achieve. Then I decide what I need to get there, I do like to weigh options to figure out how/what to do for my goal.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Primary emphasis is of course on the goal. I enjoy getting there. The control question is a no-brainer, of course I do like to have it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

See question #3. Lots of fun with some other people, not thinking of anything, no restraints, going around to places, doing whatever, having fun just in the moment. In addition to that... my ideas of "fun" can be pretty weird too. E.g. I have some fond memory of running uphill in complete dark in an evening this summer to get to a summit (top of hill). Another day recently I traveled far a few hours to meet a new friend and it was all very active time, we did this then did that, with competition all the time, and we even got in some conversation that was not boring. Okay, enough examples.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Not sure about my actual preferences because whatever I need to or can do to learn it I will do that.

If I need to learn a lot of material fast, I'll take a book, I read it all and tear it up with heavy analysis done in my own way, then putting it together very quickly with some insights here and there and remember the details that way and also by making lists where just the analysis isn't enough to commit all the details into memory. When I'm to recall such learned material, I'm unable to use the same wording as the original material. I have to generate the answers with my own words as I only remember the essence of points and yes, even concrete details have to be reworded in my own words, I just have no memory to do this without analysis and absorbing of the meaning of the text.

If I'm allowed more time, I do actually prefer just absorbing the basics through practice and on-the-fly quick analysis here and there so that it becomes an automatic process mastering tasks without having to think consciously. I can still do the first method (heavy analysis) but it's mentally easier to do this latter method. More comfy...

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Depends... o_O

I'm very organized in working for my goals. A kind of tunnel vision; I like efficiency as my desire is to get there as fast as I can and that might require some organization. I make the organization on the fly though, after jumping in, I pretty much improvise a lot of the structure and it can look pretty unique. It's mostly efficient in terms of being as fast as I can, not necessarily the most efficient in terms of minimizing energy expenditure. Of course the latter can be important too if needed to get my goal, just have to pay extra attention to that then.

I'm very disorganized in my lifestyle. I can decide I want to do 3 things in the next few hours but whatever timeline I make up will never work out that way in practice. I act a bit too... flexible to keep the exact timeline or order of doing things. I will get them done though. Just strict deadlines...not my thing.

I have managed to instill some short easy routines in my life to keep up with daily chores. It's still pretty much day to day improvisation, what I call routine is just that I do it at all; I enjoy getting better at this though, as long as I don't have to spend too much time on them lol. Otoh, I do have some actual little fixed routines to avoid some little but really annoying consequences where the annoyance would primarily come from my impatience... and I want to avoid that. I get frustrated very easily out of impatience and that's not nice. :p

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I need information on the topic first and foremost. Then I'll see how it makes sense to me. If it doesn't, I'll shower the source of the idea with "why" type questions. (If the source is a book, I will ask myself these questions and figure out the answers for myself while reading and that's somewhat less tiring than waiting for a person to answer it all.)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I wish I could choose the second option but this is something I'm only recently getting better at. I doubt I will ever have much focus on this "being myself", for me this just means not caring about how other people view my at times rude etc. attitude because I know it doesn't really go against other people's basic rights (it being clear as to what those are).

So yeah, by default I focus on the group and that's a real chore at times if my attitude goes against theirs. I have too much of a focus on this at times but still I cannot change myself, my own opinion just naturally comes before theirs, even if conflict ensues from that. Otoh, if there is no conflict, I like group harmony and if I feel responsible for the group then I like to ensure that such harmony be kept.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I too easily speak before thinking :p but I usually don't fuck up too much... I can find my way out of trouble anyway. I'm ok with both kinds of discussions. I sometimes wish for group discussions too much even when there is no group lol. But one-on-one communication is great too if it's about something interesting.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I jump in, I just see no other choice most of the time lol. Otoh, I'd like to see ahead and in complex things that wish can make me hesitate about entering into something. For those cases where this matters, I need to be able to have an overall picture of how things work, with focus on consequences. But even in those cases I can learn a lot through experience as long as it's not likely to get into serious bad consequences.

I never thought about this action vs words question, I like both, I think.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I don't watch TV... ok say it's a great video I wanted to watch, how about my friends come and watch with me? But we can go somewhere too, sure... as long as the place or planned activity is to my liking. Then I can also feel a bit too inert and un-spontaneous to change my plans about staying in but if I give myself a few seconds that can change into wanting to go out. Just need a good bait :p

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

If the stress comes from not having overcome an obstacle yet; frustration->anger->destroying some stuff (after deciding if I will need them later or not, somewhat paying attention to consequences lol). I did say above that the results of my impatience is not nice to watch!

If the stress comes from a serious relationship issue, I enter conflict with the person to resolve things, I try to be constructive in problem solving, but if all that doesn't sort it out, I'll just feel bitter and perhaps angry again. Then drop the relationship cold-blooded.

Anything else, I make sure I rest enough when I get tired from fighting the whatever issue. Total passive rest is my thing, not thinking, eventually falling asleep lol. Or perhaps reading easy fiction, alone. If around people, I can appear irritated.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Not sure if I dislike entire personalities. But I get irritated by people who are pretending to be something without any real basis to that and in some contexts I have a problem with certain people who act too cold or too passive. Oh and if someone uses assumptions by "reading between the lines" and stereotypes me into some category.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

A lot of things are great to talk about from sports to science to economy to computers, etc etc.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

My personality? lol. Oh and cooking. :p I spend 10 mins tops on making food!

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Dunno much about their perception, uh I need to ask them more often about this sort of thing. I did ask a couple of times though and I usually got stuff like self-centered, impatient, intelligent, determined, kind, amazing in achieving special things... whatever, I don't remember too much beyond this. Also, first two traits I've ever heard back as a kid were forceful and helpful. I can't really debate any of these things.

One thing that surprised me is when one of them said I'm down to earth and materialistic, well maybe compared to him... I see myself as more complex than that since my "transformation" that happened once... he then guessed at how when I look around I just see what is while he starts associating to whatever (and no, he doesn't know shit about MBTI). That was a correct guess, the only one part where he went wrong with that guess was when he said I look at so much detail of everything around me that closely, nope I don't, I'm more superficial than that.

They would never say: stupid :).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Wahah, I need to plan out a fun day? :D Most of my days are like this anyway, I do whatever I like. I like for myself some hard working at goals, some little, some important/impactful, then lots of fun, e.g. traveling/wandering, sport stuff, some socializing, reading good fiction and non-fiction.

meow175

Found another questionnaire, I've answered that in a quicker manner for those with shorter attention span :)

1. What is love?

An emotion

2. What is beautiful?

Aesthetic stuff

3. What makes you cry?

Frustration, anger

4. Do you like driving?

YES! I also like being the navigator sitting beside the driver.

5. Is there anywhere you feel you belong and you are one with the environment?

Most of the time I feel one with the environment, in interaction with it. Additionally, I may belong to people in a group with good atmosphere. Otherwise I just move around doing my thing.

6. Interested in health / medicine?

Interested in physiology, how the body works, down to the biochemical level, stuff. Interested in pharmacology from the scientific viewpoint. Fascinated by those topics but that's all I guess...while I'm young let me not worry about crap

7. What do other people see as your weaknesses?

Whatever things they criticize about me are not seen as weaknesses by me.

8. What do you have long conversations about?

Interesting Stuff.

9. Opinion on war and militaries?

Long topic, I come at it from economy and history viewpoint. Militaries are needed as long as countries are separate. Physical wars may disappear sooner than that. One day it would be nice to have a global unified government at that point. I see that as allowing for more opportunities with fewer stepbacks.

10. Do you like cooking? Or prefer people cooking for you? Why?

Only willing to spend 10mins on it, too boring. Yes, someone else should do cooking.

11. Any preference for rough sex?

Well, sure to some extent, taking into account that I'm not a pervert.

12. Which personality types do you most like? Most dislike? Why?

Fuck typism.

13. Books you liked? Recently read or otherwise.

Too many. Just finished The Minds of Billy Milligan from Daniel Keyes, pretty fascinating. Before that, Mark Russinovich's Zero day was cool. In general, I can read a wide range of books. I can go from Ingmar Bergman to Robin Cook...

Non-fiction also great, last one was Selfish gene by Richard Dawkins. Before that I started The Emperor's New Mind by Roger Penrose (still reading this one but very good)

14. How do your romances tend to play out? Has your behavior changed over time?

Tends to be a disaster. I went from initiating to passive mode over time but since then I got back from that as I'm more comfortable in an active role. With intimate relationships being a disaster, it doesn't help that I'm the female.

15. How big is your smile? How often do you smile at people?

Not big. I have no problem smiling, sometimes it might be forced though

16. What do you consider one prevalent societal problem?

Surviving the consequences of this trying to balance old evolutionary traits with new cultural and ecomony crap

17. What do you dislike about yourself?

I don't get into navel gazing about that. I'm ok with myself. I don't like it when I procrastinate, though. I can berate myself for that for a few seconds only though lol. Also, I could have a wittier sense of humour...

18. How would you and your partner respectively contribute to a child?

No fixed roles please.

19. Are you religious? Any opinions on churches? Opinions on spirituality?

I'm a born materialist in terms of not being religious. Even as a kid growing up in a religious family, I've been incapable of believing this sort of BS. I'm not a full-on atheist though, I'm just... not really a believer in anything like that.

Churches can go and fuck themselves... well, try and support themselves, leave the government alone about that. Take any kind of formal power away from them where they still have that. They can function fine as civil counselors of people but nothing more than that to them.

Spirituality is a cool thing if it's kept abstract. My "religion" is adoring of the world, that the world exists, that we are in it and can do things and explore the world and understand it. I then feel a bit spiritual contemplating this on an abstract level :)

20. What pisses you off?

Obstacles that don't want to move/crumble soon enough. Losing in competition. Deliberate ignoring of me by someone.

21. What makes you giggle?

Jokes?

22. Ever feel stuck in a rut?

Yes if I don't have any big enough goals to strive for. I mean I do spend lots of time with just havin' fun (my idea of fun anyway), but I do need something to work for too.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Ni-Se or Se-Ni. I can't say more than that without charging.

Also I would guess start sign SCORPIO:D