• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difficulties typing myself (MBTI type/ Enneagram)...

Sophie

Well, I joined this forum assuming I was certain type (I will not say it, just for the sake of not crating bias but, it's kinda silly because some older posts show it, haha). Ok, I'll try to describe me the best way I can... I want to decide my enneagram too...

I'll organize the topics by the scheme "letter for letter" but on the descriptions I'll try to explore the functions more than the letter "per se", gain/ loss of energy etc...

E vs. I

Socially, I'm rather a low-key person. It's like I can walk into a room in a way most people will not notice me. I'm not the one calling attention for myself just for the sake of it. My clothes are rather plain too. By the other way, I'm not afraid of, for example, in a classroom voice some opinion (when the subject really interests me) or answer/ ask some question. The same with presentations.

Although I like making new friends very much, I'm not the one who presents myself to others to know them. I really suck at it, it seems very strange and unnatural for me. When I do it (rare situations), it's when I have something to talk with the person. Of my friendships, just one started like this (when I saw that one friend of mine was an INTP on a social network), the others, people approached me. I have few close friends. On the other hand, in one-in-one convos, I share about myself freely (with my friends and my boyfriend), I can talk in a loud voice without noticing and be the comedian for a while. My sense of humor vary from bitting to silly, depending of my interlocutor (I'm silly around my little brothers). My interests are varied, some lasting, some changing. I'm shy only in some situations when I'm very exposed without wanting it. About energy levels, when I'm with someone I like I can talk for ours with crescent energy, but in big social gatherings I feel tired easily and want to go home (principally when I know few people in the given gathering). I really dislike chit-chat.

N vs. S

Here I have few things to describe. I think a lot about the future, daydream, love abstract ideas, have many intellectual interests, love making random interconnections between things, seeing underlying meaning of things and all these intuitive characteristics. Some sensing characteristics is that I have a good memory, I like doing handicrafts, and when I'm relaxed I can go in a "carpe diem" mode that I love.

I feel nostalgic very often and love old things (sometimes I'm nostalgic about times I hadn't lived). I love to read and imagine me in the skin of the characters and living in other time and place. I have a tendency of over identifying myself with fictional characters. I have some kinestesic sensations ("it smells like July/ December"). I suck at sports. I'm creative and highly imaginative and romantic. I love multiculturalism. I'm an idealist.

F vs. T

I'm pretty sure I'm a feeler. I have a strong core of values and morals, it's very personal and very "created by me". Because of this strength of feeling I'm very tolerant and accepting of differences and I don't impose my vision of things on others, and I really dislike when people do it because I think people have to be respected and I dislike when people try to impose things on me. I put my values/ convictions above all else and I follow them strictly. I never disrespect them. I'm not group oriented and I refuse to change to "fit in". I'm emotional inside, but I really dislike being all "touchy feely" because I find it unnatural for me. Although emotional I'm not illogical.

J vs. P

I have a hard time organizing myself or following some schedule. I'm rather laid-back and relaxed (but I get worried sometimes, for sure), even messy, what irritates people with strong judging preferences. I don't plan thing detailed, I just have a rough idea of my day and decide things when I have to do it. I like leaving things open-ended, but I'm not flaky: once I say I'll do something, I will. I work better under pressure. I'm decisive with things that concern my convicitions and values and indecisive with things that calls a more objective thinking like choosing a profession (it took me a long time).

What do you think about my MBTI type/ Enneagram? Feel free to ask me anything...

Thanks!

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you sound INFP, if so welcome to the NFP fold :]

what pushed me INFP over ENFP is because of what you mentioned about putting values above all else (strong F), having good memory and nostalgia (maybe tertiary Si), dislike chat (I), and don't like being touchy-feely on the outside (I).

berens and nardi description - how does it fit?

INFP "harmonizer clarifier" -- The theme for the INFP is advocacy and integrity. Talents lie in helping people clarify issues, values, and identity. Support anything that allows the unfolding of the person. Encourage growth and development with quiet enthusiasm. Loyal advocates and champions, caring deeply about their causes and a few special people. Interested in contemplating life's mysteries, virtues, and vices in their search for wholeness. Thrive on healing conflicts, within and between, and taking people to the center of themselves.

Sophie

you sound INFP, if so welcome to the NFP fold :]

what pushed me INFP over ENFP is because of what you mentioned about putting values above all else (strong F), having good memory and nostalgia (maybe tertiary Si), dislike chat (I), and don't like being touchy-feely on the outside (I).

berens and nardi description - how does it fit?

INFP "harmonizer clarifier" -- The theme for the INFP is advocacy and integrity. Talents lie in helping people clarify issues, values, and identity. Support anything that allows the unfolding of the person. Encourage growth and development with quiet enthusiasm. Loyal advocates and champions, caring deeply about their causes and a few special people. Interested in contemplating life's mysteries, virtues, and vices in their search for wholeness. Thrive on healing conflicts, within and between, and taking people to the center of themselves.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wow. This description fits me... perfectly. Where did you find it?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Well, I joined this forum assuming I was certain type (I will not say it, just for the sake of not crating bias but, it's kinda silly because some older posts show it, haha). Ok, I'll try to describe me the best way I can... I want to decide my enneagram too...

I'll organize the topics by the scheme "letter for letter" but on the descriptions I'll try to explore the functions more than the letter "per se", gain/ loss of energy etc...

E vs. I

Socially, I'm rather a low-key person. It's like I can walk into a room in a way most people will not notice me. I'm not the one calling attention for myself just for the sake of it. My clothes are rather plain too. By the other way, I'm not afraid of, for example, in a classroom voice some opinion (when the subject really interests me) or answer/ ask some question. The same with presentations.

Although I like making new friends very much, I'm not the one who presents myself to others to know them. I really suck at it, it seems very strange and unnatural for me. When I do it (rare situations), it's when I have something to talk with the person. Of my friendships, just one started like this (when I saw that one friend of mine was an INTP on a social network), the others, people approached me. I have few close friends. On the other hand, in one-in-one convos, I share about myself freely (with my friends and my boyfriend), I can talk in a loud voice without noticing and be the comedian for a while. My sense of humor vary from bitting to silly, depending of my interlocutor (I'm silly around my little brothers). My interests are varied, some lasting, some changing. I'm shy only in some situations when I'm very exposed without wanting it. About energy levels, when I'm with someone I like I can talk for ours with crescent energy, but in big social gatherings I feel tired easily and want to go home (principally when I know few people in the given gathering). I really dislike chit-chat.

N vs. S

Here I have few things to describe. I think a lot about the future, daydream, love abstract ideas, have many intellectual interests and all these intuitive characteristics. Some sensing characteristics is that I have a good memory, I like doing handicrafts, and when I'm relaxed I can go in a "carpe diem" mode that I love.

I feel nostalgic very often and love old things (sometimes I'm nostalgic about times I hadn't lived). I love to read and imagine me in the skin of the characters and living in other time and place. I have a tendency of over identifying myself with fictional characters. I have some kinestesic sensations ("it smells like July/ December"). I suck at sports. I'm creative and highly imaginative and romantic. I love multiculturalism. i'm an idealist.

F vs. T

I'm pretty sure I'm a feeler. I have a strong core of values and morals, it's very personal and very "created by me". Because of this strength of feeling I'm very tolerant and accepting of differences and I don't impose my vision of things on others, and I really dislike when people do it because I think people have to be respected and I dislike when people try to impose things on me. I put my values/ convictions above all else and I follow them strictly. If in a given occasion I do something that goes against them, even if it's a silly/ small thing, I feel really, really bad. I try to never disrespect it and if it happens it's a very rare occasion and I really had no choice. I'm not group oriented and I refuse to change to "fit in". I'm emotional inside, I really dislike being all "touchy feely" because I find it really fake. Although emotional I'm not illogical.

J vs. P

I have a hard time organizing myself or following some schedule. I'm rather laid-back and relaxed (but I get worried sometimes, for sure), even messy, what irritates people with strong judging preferences. I don't plan thing detailed, I just have a rough idea of my day and decide things when I have to do it. I like leaving things open-ended, but I'm not flaky: once I say I'll do something, I will. I work better under pressure. I'm decisive with things that concern my convicitions and values and indecisive with things that calls a more objective thinking like choosing a profession (it took me a long time).

What do you think about my MBTI type/ Enneagram? Feel free to ask me anything...

Thanks!

I am sure of F, because you said so, and P, because no J would describe themselves that way.

Sophie

I was talking to a friend and I cconcluded that INFP is the best fit for me.

Last edited: