• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my brothers and win a FREE* cupcake

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Step right up! Try your luck in the typing challenge. Reach a logical conclusion and you have a chance to win a free* cupcake!

Younger brother #1 (YB1)- age 15

• Was an extremely laid-back baby who rarely made a fuss. He was the easiest for my mother to take care of. However, this changed as he slowly turned into a very confrontational person. Keep in mind that he is a teenager, but my older brother was never like this.
  • He always has to be right and is very reluctant to admit when he is wrong (we have this in common). This means that he (we) tends to fight (not physically) often over seemingly unimportant things.
  • Sometimes it seems as if he enjoys starting verbal fights.
  • He never had as many friends as our older brother, the social butterfly, but he has gradually opened up over the years and has many more friends than me and YB2.
  • He can dominate conversations and be loud and crazy, but sometimes he is quiet and just wants to do his own thing.
  • Often when speaking with him, he'll want and instant answer and will occasionally even get irritated when people don't answer write away. I'll be thinking of a response and he'll think I'm ignoring him or that I didn't hear him.
  • He can be a bit manipulative, especially when it comes to YB2. He'll be very mean to YB2, but he'll somehow convince YB2 to do things for him or keep playing with him. This drives me crazy sometimes.
  • He is often rude and easily insults others/hurts their feelings. This seems almost unintentional at times.
  • He has never been much of a perfectionist and often turns in sloppy work.

Younger brother #2 (YB2) - age 11

• He is not overly concerned with who is right and who is wrong, he just wants everyone to not fight. (This gets on my nerves at times because I am more like YB1.)
  • Relating to the first point, he very sensitive and will cry easily, even if he is not the one being yelled at. At the same time, he will keep coming back to YB1 for attention, even if he has been hurt by him. I don't really understand why he does this.
  • He doesn't appear to have many friends.
  • He often appears to have less energy than YB1, as he is quieter and more calm most of the time.
  • He is the creative one of the family and loves when he gets to create things. This means that he loves drawing, playing Minecraft on creative mode, creating roller coasters in RollerCoaster Tycoon, etc. He never really enjoyed art classes because he was always told what to create (can't say that I blame him).
  • He loves maps, globes, etc. Basically he loves anything related to geography. I don't think this will help with his type, though. Just thought I'd mention it because I have less to say about YB2.
  • He struggles with perfectionism and gets very upset when things don't go as they're supposed to. (I think this may be more of an OCD thing, as it doesn't fit in with the type I have in mind for him and my older brother is like this.)
  • All of the family seems to do this, but we often procrastinate and do things at the last minute. I don't think this is really type related, but I just wanted to show this in contrast with his perfectionism.

I'll gladly give out more information if necessary.

*Must may shipping and handling and supplies for making cupcakes. Cupcakes are in limited supply and may only be awarded at certain times of the year. Cupcakes not guaranteed to be free of rabies.

/DG/

Aww no takers?

Okay then, I'll give one letter for each.

YB1 is a definite T.
YB2 is a definite F.

/DG/

Ok, scratch that. YB1 is totally unknown.

I remember getting him to take the small, Humanmetrics test a few years ago and he got INFJ.

I assumed that this was a strange anomaly, so I recently got him to take the long OKCupid test. He scored ISFJ with F/T being close to 50/50.

He has absolutely no understanding of MBTI. So now I am VERY confused and I'd say this wasn't a coincidence....

WTF????

/DG/

Hm...so I just had YB1 and YB2 have a look at this chart.

YB1 picked results that correlate to ESFJ.
YB2 picked results that correlate to ISFP or ISFJ.

This is so strange because YB1 is getting consistent Fe types an I fail to see Fe anywhere in him.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would have guessed EXTX for #1 and INFP for #2. Still need more info to make good guesses for either.

/DG/

I would have guessed EXTX for #1 and INFP for #2. Still need more info to make good guesses for either.
What kind of info would you like?

Also, why do you suppose YB1 keeps scoring IFJ whenever I give him tests even though he knows nothing of MBTI and he took these tests in different years?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kind of info would you like?

Also, why do you suppose YB1 keeps scoring IFJ whenever I give him tests even though he knows nothing of MBTI and he took these tests in different years?

How about giving them descriptions of different types and asking him what he agrees or doesn't agree with.

I'm not sure why he keeps scoring IFJ when the description you gave of him sounds nothing like it. It could be due to one or more of the following:
-He is not very self-aware when taking the test.
-He may be self-aware of his preferences but circumstances make him behave counter to his type preferences.
-You may not have the best understanding or interpretation of your brother's behavior.

/DG/

How about giving them descriptions of different types and asking him what he agrees or doesn't agree with.
I'm afraid the younger of the two wouldn't quite know how to judge which of the descriptions he felt the closest to. He is only eleven after all. The older likes to dismiss what I'm doing as silly. (I can't say I disagree with him. ;))

I'm not sure why he keeps scoring IFJ when the description you gave of him sounds nothing like it. It could be due to one or more of the following:
-He is not very self-aware when taking the test.
-He may be self-aware of his preferences but circumstances make him behave counter to his type preferences.
-You may not have the best understanding or interpretation of your brother's behavior.
I think it's more of the part I bolded. Perhaps he simply idolizes the feeler attitude more, as I tend to idolize the thinker attitude more (there is a decent possibility that I am a feeler who just wants to be a thinker).

I don't think there's anything making him behave counter to his type preferences. He simply slowly morphed into this person and it seems like it was quite a natural (albeit sometimes very annoying and irritating) progression.

A note about YB1: he'll often speak his opinion and/or correct YB2 even if it might hurt his feelings (and it often does). He doesn't seem to always be doing this on purpose, but it seems very anti-Fe to me.

I forgot to ask, though...I know you said you didn't have a lot to go off of, but where do you see N in the younger one? Is it just a random guess or do you have reasoning behind it?

Also, is there a type/function that tends to be more argumentative than others or a type/function that is more prone to correcting others, even on insignificant details? Two thirds of my family have this very prominent trait.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Yb#2 is definetly an INFP. Most points in the description remind me of myself. Let him do an Enneagram test, i think he'll score type 4.
Tell him that I like geography too. I don't know why but it's kinda interesting to me. :)

/DG/

Yb#2 is definetly an INFP. Most points in the description remind me of myself. Let him do an Enneagram test, i think he'll score type 4.
Tell him that I like geography too. I don't know why but it's kinda interesting to me. :)
Thanks for responding. :) Just wondering...where are you getting the N from? Also, do you have any particular Enneagram test in mind?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Thanks for responding. :) Just wondering...where are you getting the N from? Also, do you have any particular Enneagram test in mind?
It's more a feeling than a provable fact ;)
Did yb2 already do a test?

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
These results may be 0-100% accurate. Use them at your own risk.

Brother 1: ENTJ ESTJ?
Brother 2: INFJ

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Older brother sounds ExTJ to me. His lack of perfectionism sounds like he lacks a strong (at least tertiary), introverted, judging function - that appears in my ESTJ brother as well. I might have even guessed IxTJ, were it not for this, as IxTJs take some more pride in what they do. Don't trust the tests.;)

The younger one is more likely INFP. The reasoning is kind of obvious.

Now, where is my cupcake?

Nicki

Retired
The older brother definitely seems like a mellow ExTJ while the younger brother gives off an IxFP vibe.

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
YB2 definitely INFP or ISFP. I initially guessed ISFP but others seem to think INFP, and I can see that as well. My girlfriend is a geography major and she is an INFP. I too love anything to do with geography, and we kind of bond over it. Never met anyone that loves geography as much as me. XD She seems more interested in the culture and landmarks and history aspect, whereas I am more interested in geopolitics, and physical geography too, though to a lesser extent, and I like to memorize information about different countries, e.g. the flags and capitals. Just for fun. You know, in case I'm ever on a trivia show. Maybe knowing our different motivations for liking geography will help decide if he uses Ne or Se, who knows.

YB1 is indeed a bit tougher. I really thought he seemed like a Ti user, so it is very weird he keeps getting those results. I don't know how you feel about JCF versus MBTI, but I think the cognitive function quizzes are a little more reliable, to an extent. This one is decent: http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/cog_jung.pl Ti users IRL don't seem terribly amused by personality psychology, just because they are so skeptical and always looking to disprove whatever you're interested in. Heh. Once he reads a description that describes him well though, he may show more interest. It sounds like he isn't relating much to his results if he thinks it's so silly. When he is taking the quizzes, are you leaving him alone or helping him? I personally think it can be helpful if you stand by and offer to answer any questions he may have about wording or deeper meaning of a question. It's weird, but sometimes the questions are worded oddly and you really need to understand the meaning of the question in order to answer it correctly.

/DG/

So I realized I stopped responding to this thread.

Have them take this.
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually really dislike this test. The questions are rather broad and ambiguous.

Older brother sounds ExTJ to me. His lack of perfectionism sounds like he lacks a strong (at least tertiary), introverted, judging function - that appears in my ESTJ brother as well. I might have even guessed IxTJ, were it not for this, as IxTJs take some more pride in what they do. Don't trust the tests.;)
Interesting. So you associate Ti and Fi with perfectionism then?

The younger one is more likely INFP. The reasoning is kind of obvious.

Now, where is my cupcake?
It's not obvious to me! :alttongue: I am very terrible at telling sensors from intuitors in real life. What makes you sure of the Ne? How can I tell the difference?

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YB#1 is indeed a ExTJ. I can't decide if whether a sensor or N-user by the way...
YB#2 is very likely an INFP, but he could easily be an ISFP as well.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, I think entp for older brother and infp for younger. This would be a rough mix! (I'm a mother). What type are you?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually really dislike this test. The questions are rather broad and ambiguous.

That's the problem I have with these tests as well.

Interesting. So you associate Ti and Fi with perfectionism then?

Yes, I would say so to some extent. An INTJ friend who's just getting into Te now, so to speak, seems to lack it as well - Fi is not his territory. I think Fi might be more perfectionistic about values and actions, while Ti is more about one's structure (thoughts and understanding), but the two are almost synonymous.

However, I find this perfectionism is not the same as working hard for good marks and devoting your time to such things. I've noticed amongst both heavy Fi's and Ti's that they don't really care as much about these things: they sort of get their satisfaction from the things themselves, not from what the things have to offer.