• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Me taking a test and my responses to the questions.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yea, I know what you mean...the only thing is...if you're talking to a another person that is "hardcore" MBTI...they will tell you that you can only have one dominant function and you are primarily using that function all the time. The only real exception to that are introverts. Introverts have their first function really developed just like most types, but introverts
are forced to develop their second function very early and to an ok level. And that's because when you're interracting with people(which we have to do, we all do to an extent) you're using the extraverted function which for introverts is the second function. Long story short...introverts are just more developed usually than extraverts...in that they HAVE to use their first two functions to actaully "function" in the world. Where extraverts don't have to. I just think that that's where some of the confusion is also coming from. So when you're talking about switching between 4 types that starts to make me cringe. Cause that would mean that you have 2 introvered dominant functions...that would mean you might be really developed and in your 50's-80's <---to me lol...cause people don't develop those that quickly. Also then that means that you have 2 auxiliary functions really developed...which then I would envy you...cause I don't even have one lol...but if you just say either intj or infj... i can completely understand...cause then you would be on the border for only the auxilaries...and just need to decide which one...

Which by the way I wanted to just point out... with this quote to Raptor Wizard :"Well then I guess they're not very experienced typologists, because I've tested this way several times, including the first time when I took the official MBTI test. I'm not saying I think this is my definite type, but it certainly seems like I resemble it. Out of curiosity, how many are "they"? Yes, I know I have to find the answer within. I'm content with INXJ/XNTP, but the point is I can't seem to persuade "the public" that I know what I'm talking about, and unfortunately this fact bothers me. I sometimes feel like people just aren't listening to what I say and don't care what I think, and so it's kind of pointless me even being on here if I can't contribute to a type forum by using typology. <--Fe btw, being concerned about relating to a group." This sounds like Te actually...to me...it's only my opinion and my first function...but it sounds like a Te venting. When I read that...I just saw anger coming out. That doesn't sound like a INTP just venting...they will tear you apart and leave nothing for the scavangers. Also the only other note I wanted to present to you was that Fe and Te are in the same area in the brain and can be easily confused...

INTP

Dominant: Introverted Thinking In the way you write I dont see this<-- I feel like Jennifer is an INTP female on here that I've seen use the most Fe...I just don't think you're an INTP, I don't feel like they use all the Fe you are saying you have.
Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition
Tertiary: Introverted Sensing
Inferior: Extraverted Feeling

INFJ

Dominant: Introverted Intuition < I didn't know that you thought you had Ni as a Dominant<--that might be possible...but you were also saying you were witty entertaining and curious that's Ne
Auxiliary: Extraverted Feeling
Tertiary: Introverted Thinking
Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

INTJ

Dominant: Introverted Intuition < ---As before...they're withdrawn...but maybe you've developed the auxilaryy well....?
Auxiliary: Extraverted Thinking
Tertiary: Introverted Feeling
Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

INFP

Dominant: Introverted Feeling
Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition < I get the sense that you have a lot of this
Tertiary: Introverted Sensing< what about this? do you think you are energized by Si?
Inferior: Extraverted Thinking

Ooh, lots of food for thought!
Well. I didn't think about introverts having to develop more functions, but that makes a lot of sense.
So you associate Te with venting anger? I do that whenever I express an emotion other than a happy one. But not in the Fi-Te inferior way. I don't snap at people and insult them.

I'll think about it all and get back to you.

Basically I think I'm different from most people for a few reasons: the first, being Asperger-ish, would decrease my effective use of Fe and increase my use of Ti (from what I've read of it people with the condition think in a very similar way to the description), and make me more introverted than I want to be. The second is that I've spent a long time in Wiccan training developing all sides of myself. I've made it a goal to work through every single issue in myself that has caused me trouble, and be the most functional person I can be. This means developing all of my CF's as much as possible, because the inferior and shadow functions are the ones that cause problems. And Wiccan training specifically develops Ni in everyone, so I have a lot more of it than I used to. I'm not perfect, but the fact that I've done this, necessarily means that I will have different CF development than the average person of whatever type I am, and I will be more balanced in the functions because I have made a conscious effort to be.

I'm not I'm saying I'm better than other people or anything; but I am a Priestess, so I should know a few things about self development and wisdom and such. It's kind of my job.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for acknowledging my Fe observations. Although jumping from that to INFP is a big leap. Can I ask how I resemble the INFP's you know more specifically? When I thought it was my type, I did focus on the spirituality and connection with nature (although connection with nature is usually attributed to S types).
Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for saying I'm logical. That's refreshing.

I think this actually makes a lot of sense. So that would make me (centrally) INFJ. I'm ok with that. It would also make me more introverted than I naturally want to me, so my real type might be E something.
Arrrgh. I typed quickly, and I knew something would not add up. An INFP is Fi-based, not Fe. You resemble the INFPs I know in being well able and inclined to use logical thought processes, but being fundamentally driven by (your choices grounded in) more subjective concerns like values. You seem to strive for harmony, while remaining authentic. A big difference I noticed, though, is that you come across as much warmer, more open, and just more friendly than they do on first meeting.

The strongest functions I see are Ne, Fe, Ti, but It might be worth digging more into Fi vs. Fe. I am no expert in either, though my Fi >> Fe. I know I myself do things that resemble Fe, but are really Te-driven and Fi-fueled. Could this be true for you? The attributes I am most confident about are that you are a Ne dom or aux perceiver, with F>T, though T is unusually well developed. I seriously doubt you are J, or Ni dom/aux. Have you considered E vs. I? Not all Es are unflitered chatterboxes.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Arrrgh. I typed quickly, and I knew something would not add up. An INFP is Fi-based, not Fe. You resemble the INFPs I know in being well able and inclined to use logical thought processes, but being fundamentally driven by (your choices grounded in) more subjective concerns like values. You seem to strive for harmony, while remaining authentic. A big difference I noticed, though, is that you come across as much warmer, more open, and just more friendly than they do on first meeting.

The strongest functions I see are Ne, Fe, Ti, but It might be worth digging more into Fi vs. Fe. I am no expert in either, though my Fi >> Fe. I know I myself do things that resemble Fe, but are really Te-driven and Fi-fueled. Could this be true for you? The attributes I am most confident about are that you are a Ne dom or aux perceiver, with F>T, though T is unusually well developed. I seriously doubt you are J, or Ni dom/aux. Have you considered E vs. I? Not all Es are unflitered chatterboxes.

I guess maybe I'm driven by values. I think I act like ENTP when I'm being extroverted, but I also behave a lot like a really quiet ENFP. While I generally as I say relate more to Fe than Fi, I do seem to relate to ENFP's. Although they are all a lot more impulsive than I am. I'm the opposite of impulsive.

Who knows.

But I have more to think about now. :) I didn't think I would when I started the thread. I thought I'd just get more harassment.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But I have more to think about now. :) I didn't think I would when I started the thread. I thought I'd just get more harassment.
We can certainly provide that if you prefer. Wouldn't want you to feel disappointed.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, lots of food for thought!
Well. I didn't think about introverts having to develop more functions, but that makes a lot of sense.
So you But not in the Fi-Te inferior way. I don't snap at people and insult them.

I'll think about it all and get back to you.

Basically I think I'm different from most people for a few reasons: the first, being Asperger-ish, would decrease my effective use of Fe and increase my use of Ti (from what I've read of it people with the condition think in a very similar way to the description), and make me more introverted than I want to be. The second is that I've spent a long time in Wiccan training developing all sides of myself. I've made it a goal to work through every single issue in myself that has caused me trouble, and be the most functional person I can be. This means developing all of my CF's as much as possible, because the inferior and shadow functions are the ones that cause problems. And Wiccan training specifically develops Ni in everyone, so I have a lot more of it than I used to. I'm not perfect, but the fact that I've done this, necessarily means that I will have different CF development than the average person of whatever type I am, and I will be more balanced in the functions because I have made a conscious effort to be.

I'm not I'm saying I'm better than other people or anything; but I am a Priestess, so I should know a few things about self development and wisdom and such. It's kind of my job.

Yeah I mean this makes sense, being well rounded does make someone hard to pin down and type. And also I was looking at some of your previous posts...and I see some Te ...Te is pretty much why people don't like extj's<---because we use it too much probably ... it's like you expressed "associate Te with venting anger?<---YES!!!! I do that whenever I express an emotion other than a happy one.<----this is probably something I have said to other people almost word for word.

Fe DOMINANATS have a MUCH wider range of emotions than any of the other types... Te expresses anger and happy...and maybe a couple others sad/dissapointment, but the range is not as wide as an Fe user. And facial expressions are huge I feel like...because an Fe user will smile and use muscles above the eyes...Fi wont...they smile but they do not move muscles above the eyes to do so...obviously not EVERYone..but most...

When you told someone on this thread that it was refreshing to here that you seemed logical...that is the "external validation" other people are talking about...that is Te...you can tell because all my compliments are similar to this...I find something I relate to and I compliment from there...<---but I have a problem with lying...so I am looking to connect with people in an "honest" way...An Fe user...may just compliment someone just to connect...even if they don't actually like that certain thing in reality/or care about it/or are indifferent about it....<---that's Fe...willing to "mirror" for the sake of other peoples' feelings and for the sake of themselves connecting with others.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We can certainly provide that if you prefer. Wouldn't want you to feel disappointed.

Lol. No, that's alright. Although it does build character.

Yeah I mean this makes sense, being well rounded does make someone hard to pin down and type. And also I was looking at some of your previous posts...and I see some Te ...Te is pretty much why people don't like extj's<---because we use it too much probably ... it's like you expressed "associate Te with venting anger?<---YES!!!! I do that whenever I express an emotion other than a happy one.<----this is probably something I have said to other people almost word for word.

Fe DOMINANATS have a MUCH wider range of emotions than any of the other types... Te expresses anger and happy...and maybe a couple others sad/dissapointment, but the range is not as wide as an Fe user. And facial expressions are huge I feel like...because an Fe user will smile and use muscles above the eyes...Fi wont...they smile but they do not move muscles above the eyes to do so...obviously not EVERYone..but most...

When you told someone on this thread that it was refreshing to here that you seemed logical...that is the "external validation" other people are talking about...that is Te...you can tell because all my compliments are similar to this...I find something I relate to and I compliment from there...<---but I have a problem with lying...so I am looking to connect with people in an "honest" way...An Fe user...may just compliment someone just to connect...even if they don't actually like that certain thing in reality/or care about it/or are indifferent about it....<---that's Fe...willing to "mirror" for the sake of other peoples' feelings and for the sake of themselves connecting with others.

Hmm. Sounds like me. Definitely the happy/angry thing. I did test as ENTJ once. I just don't like to be in charge of people. I will be if I have to to get things done (and that rarely happens), but I'd rather people just do what they're supposed to.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol. No, that's alright. Although it does build character.

Hmm. Sounds like me. Definitely the happy/angry thing. I did test as ENTJ once. I just don't like to be in charge of people. I will be if I have to to get things done (and that rarely happens), but I'd rather people just do what they're supposed to.

Yeah, I'm not sure if you are either...I'm just saying I see way more Te than Ti...and I see a lot of Ne...can't really detect Ni, doesnt mean anything though. ...I see Fi...but that's just me...not to harbor on it but My INFP friend discloses info like you as well...I am sometimes shocked at the amount of introspection she has and at the willingness to open up...Fi doesn't open up easily usually...but infps are known to talk their problems out more than isfp. I used to have an impression of infp's from like 2 friends...once I started to get to know more of that type though...the women don't really reflect the stereotype as much cause they develop thier auxillary ...but I wont go on any more lol you know my opinion now ha ha...It was interesting writing about Te though..I feel like I learned somehting about myself as well ! lol

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you associate Te with venting anger? I do that whenever I express an emotion other than a happy one. But not in the Fi-Te inferior way. I don't snap at people and insult them.
I would not make that association. For me, Te does just the opposite. I may have a very strong Fi reaction to something, but Te is what examines it for validity and utility. Is the reaction justified by the circumstances? Do I have adequate facts, or am I making assumptions? How would it look from the other person's perspective? What is the most constructive way to respond? Since venting anger is rarely productive, Te rarely permits that course of action.

The second is that I've spent a long time in Wiccan training developing all sides of myself. I've made it a goal to work through every single issue in myself that has caused me trouble, and be the most functional person I can be. This means developing all of my CF's as much as possible, because the inferior and shadow functions are the ones that cause problems. And Wiccan training specifically develops Ni in everyone, so I have a lot more of it than I used to. I'm not perfect, but the fact that I've done this, necessarily means that I will have different CF development than the average person of whatever type I am, and I will be more balanced in the functions because I have made a conscious effort to be.
The fact that you have done this also means you have done more to understand what your weaknesses are and how you want to improve yourself. This might be coloring your test results in that you might be answering certain questions from the perspective of your ideal personality, or the way you want to improve a particular behavior, or even a skill you have developed. MBTI is about preference, though, not actual behavior. Many Ps, for instance, prefer to be spontaneous and unscheduled, but learn quickly that making and keeping to schedules is an essential part of success in many careers. However skilled they become, however, it never was and never will be their inherent preference.

Below are examples of questions from your OP that might be influenced by your conscious effort to improve something:

5. I tend to trust the mind more than the heart.
Well, the heart knows what is best for the spirit, so it knows what is ultimately best for a person in general if someone can listen to it accurately. However, I have not reached that point, and I need my mind as a reality check- so yes. They have to work together usually, and make sensible decisions.

11. I often start/do things at the last minute.
I used to, but I never really liked this about myself. So not anymore. Now I rarely do.

30. I tend to be spontaneous.
I guess kinda, maybe. I don't know. I like being encouraged to be spontaneous by other people.

39. I find it difficult to approach others.
Sometimes, kind of. I feel like I have to have a plan of action for it, so it doesn't go embarrassingly wrong. If I already know the person, no.
I would suggest you revisit one of these tests, perhaps one you have not done in awhile, and answer each question with your immediate gut reaction. Do not think, or explain, or analyze. Remember, it is never all or nothing. When you are being forced to choose between A and B, having a very slight preference for B (53% vs. 47%) still is a choice for B.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Basically I think I'm different from most people for a few reasons: the first, being Asperger-ish

There is an interesting website I am linking below that has some statistics on which types are the most likely to display aspergers tendencies and apparently the most likely type to do so is INTJ.

https://sites.google.com/site/gavinbollard/about-aspergers/Aspergers-Personality-Types

Of course, you can always question the competence of the person who collected these statistics but it should be at least ruoughly correct I would think.

And also green all of these arguments people have been making for what type you may or may not be have been heavily focused on the functions so much to the point that it has made for a very confusing and convoluted conversation. My advice would be to stop focusing on these and especially if like you claim you have so many of them well developed but rather start by focusing on the way you behave like David Keirsey does and that template if the foundations of typology are correct should also determine what type of cognition you use or how you think.

So, all of that said, which of these short decriptions do you think best matches your behavior, and if you can't narrow it down to one, pick at least a few that you think might be right.

Type Descriptions
ENFJ: "Pedagogue". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others be the best that they can be. 5% of the total population.

ENFP "Journalist". Love novelty and surprises. They are big on emotions and expression. Life is an exciting drama. They are good at sales, advertising, politics, and acting. 5% of the total population.

ENTJ: "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

ESFJ: "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Outstanding host or hostesses. They excel in service occupations involving personal contact. 13% of the total population.

ESFP: "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. They make good performers, and they love talking on the phone. 13% of the total population.

ESTJ: "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. These are responsible mates and parents and are loyal to the workplace. They are realistic, down-to-earth, orderly, and love tradition. They often find themselves joining civic clubs! 13% of the total population.

ESTP "Promoter": These are action-oriented sophisticated people. As mates, they are both exciting and charming. They make good promoters, and entrepreneurs. 13% of the total population.

INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They make good therapists, general practitioners, and ministers. 1% of the total population

INFP: "Questor". Idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. 1% of the total population.

INTP: "Architect". Great precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. They are good at logic and math and make good philosophers and theoretical scientists. 1% of the total population.

ISFJ: "Conservator". Service and work oriented - very loyal. They are good nurses, teachers, secretaries, general practitioners, librarians, middle managers, and housekeepers. 6% of the total population.

ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. 5% of the total population.

ISTJ "Trustee" Dependable pillars of strength. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.

ISTP: "Artisan" Action-oriented and fearless, and crave excitement. They like tools, and instruments and often become technical experts. 5% of the total population.

source - http://www.personalitytest.net/types/descriptions/index.htm

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would not make that association. For me, Te does just the opposite. I may have a very strong Fi reaction to something, but Te is what examines it for validity and utility. Is the reaction justified by the circumstances? Do I have adequate facts, or am I making assumptions? How would it look from the other person's perspective? What is the most constructive way to respond? Since venting anger is rarely productive, Te rarely permits that course of action.
Do you think thinkers then, or Ti dom/aux just don't react to things often? I react to people, but not events. And the way I react to people seems more Fe- like I don't focus on feelings, I focus on problems in patterns of interaction which need to be solved. And I have an immediate reaction to (the perception of) being judged, which seems more Fe to me too, as it seeks social approval.

The fact that you have done this also means you have done more to understand what your weaknesses are and how you want to improve yourself. This might be coloring your test results in that you might be answering certain questions from the perspective of your ideal personality, or the way you want to improve a particular behavior, or even a skill you have developed. MBTI is about preference, though, not actual behavior. Many Ps, for instance, prefer to be spontaneous and unscheduled, but learn quickly that making and keeping to schedules is an essential part of success in many careers. However skilled they become, however, it never was and never will be their inherent preference.
That's a good point However, I made sure to answer according to how I thought I truly felt, and what would make me the most happy, even if I was the last person on Earth. I do prefer some amount of structure and routine- that's one thing I like about nature, that it's cyclical and that gives me a feeling of stability.

I don't think answering according to skills I have developed makes it inaccurate; I think that is a part of my true personality that I've grown into, and more my true self than anything, if it's what I feel comfortable with and makes me functional. As for type related weaknesses (which I had a lot of when I was young), they seemed to be evenly split between INXX.

I would suggest you revisit one of these tests, perhaps one you have not done in awhile, and answer each question with your immediate gut reaction. Do not think, or explain, or analyze. Remember, it is never all or nothing. When you are being forced to choose between A and B, having a very slight preference for B (53% vs. 47%) still is a choice for B.
That would be a fine idea, except that my gut reaction is frequently wrong about these things, usually based on loaded associations I have about words. But I'll try it and see what happens.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think thinkers then, or Ti dom/aux just don't react to things often? I react to people, but not events. And the way I react to people seems more Fe- like I don't focus on feelings, I focus on problems in patterns of interaction which need to be solved. And I have an immediate reaction to (the perception of) being judged, which seems more Fe to me too, as it seeks social approval.
Ti users (like my SO) do react to things - things and events moreso than to people. A Ti dom/aux will also use Fe, however, rather than Fi. I'm not sure how this plays out especially as inferior as in INTP, but I can tell you my INTP is much more sociable, approachable, and easy going than I am. I, however, am the one that tends to take someone's troubles to heart and feel, sometimes very strongly, the need to help.

I don't think answering according to skills I have developed makes it inaccurate; I think that is a part of my true personality that I've grown into, and more my true self than anything, if it's what I feel comfortable with and makes me functional. As for type related weaknesses (which I had a lot of when I was young), they seemed to be evenly split between INXX.
No. MB type is NEVER about behavior. The skill is not part of your innate personality. The desire for it is. Why was it so important to you to develop it? What was your motivation? What bothered you about not having it? Every type can exhibit any behavior, so behavior itself tells very little. It is the motivations and methods that reveal innate preference.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. MB type is NEVER about behavior. The skill is not part of your innate personality. The desire for it is. Why was it so important to you to develop it? What was your motivation? What bothered you about not having it? Every type can exhibit any behavior, so behavior itself tells very little. It is the motivations and methods that reveal innate preference.

This point assuming it is true debunks the logical consistency of what I said earlier which I will quote below:

And also green all of these arguments people have been making for what type you may or may not be have been heavily focused on the functions so much to the point that it has made for a very confusing and convoluted conversation. My advice would be to stop focusing on these and especially if like you claim you have so many of them well developed but rather start by focusing on the way you behave like David Keirsey does and that template if the foundations of typology are correct should also determine what type of cognition you use or how you think.

Though behavior is a clearly visible phenomenon to observe perhaps any person like you say could choose to behave in any way but rather the important thing is why they are behaving the way they are is what I think you are saying. Of course, our real behavior is the way we would act in our natural or most comfortable state, as this is our real personality I would think.

Anyway I'm still not sure I fully understand your point about the motivations behind behavior or in essence what makes people tick as the internal state is far less visible than the clearly observable behavioral state.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This point assuming it is true debunks the logical consistency of what I said earlier which I will quote below:

Though behavior is a clearly visible phenomenon to observe perhaps any person like you say could choose to behave in any way but rather the important thing is why they are behaving the way they are is what I think you are saying. Of course, our real behavior is the way we would act in our natural or most comfortable state, as this is our real personality I would think.

Anyway I'm still not sure I fully understand your point about the motivations behind behavior or in essence what makes people tick as the internal state is far less visible than the clearly observable behavioral state.
Yes, the internal state cannot be observed directly. We try to make deductions about it based on behavior, which we can observe. Behavior observed frequently and not explained away by an extenuating circumstance is at least more reliable an indicator of motivations. The conditions of our upbringing and the circumstances we voluntarily place ourselves in (school, work) can cause us to make deliberate choices to develop and exhibit "atypical" behavior for very type-related reasons.

You might observe, for instance, two people being very polite and considerate when dealing with others they don't know well. One might be motivated by a genuine regard for other people, a feeling of connection that makes them want to treat them well. The other may feel no such connection but instead have come to understand that treating people this way leads to fewer problems, more efficient interactions, and better results. The behavior is consistent with these very different personalities, for different reasons, and is how they use their functions and innate abilities to navigate the world as it actually exists.

Last edited:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True. So my real personality is how I act when in my natural and comfortable state, and the motivations for my behavior.

Since my behavior is confusing to me, I'll think about my motivations:
I'm very motivated by striving for excellence. I want to excel in everything I do, and I'm always trying to improve in things and get to the top level. I don't always reach it, but it is still what I want and an inseparable part of my personality. Perfectionism comes with this, but also just enjoying talents because they allow me to be good at things; I really enjoy the feeling of doing things well while I'm doing them.

Going with excellence, competence is extremely important to me. I feel as though worth as a person depends a great deal on it. I want to be successful at living life and surviving. Pretty much all my insecurities come down to fearing incompetence.

I do have a basic sense of value when it comes to people, and I am motivated by the desire to be a good person. In pretty much every sense of the word. But I'm not attached to it- I'd really rather not be judged or pressured to be a certain way; and I like the idea of living without being attached to value judgments. Still, to the extent that I have good qualities like beauty, intelligence, competence, etc., and I am useful and beneficial to the web of living things and the planet, I am good.

I'm motivated by a sense of interconnection. I feel part of the web of life in the biosphere, and because we are part of one entity I seek to preserve it. (I used to think this and the previous point were Fi, but I'm thinking they could just as easily be Fe because of the collectivism.)

I'm extremely curious and have the drive for knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles of reality. (I'm a philosophy major because it's something I never get tired of.) I really want to know objective reality, and in the process I'm willing to sacrifice all my subjective attachments- but I can't break my connection with the Earth and the life on it or I would cease to exist. I want to understand everything and how it all works and analyze it to death. Knowledge of underlying truth motivates me in most everything. (This is one reason I find it hard to relax- I have to analyze things and I fear losing objectivity and mental control by being absorbed in things.)

In connecting with the world, I am motivated by enjoyment from my senses.

I am very motivated by social approval and inclusion. This and my drive to excel makes me competitive.

I'm motivated by being provocative and thinking outside the box. This is why I like being silly and mischievous, as well as creative; new and different perspectives are always useful, and help us to not take life too seriously (because taking life too seriously leads to suffering).

I'm very motivated by survival. I will do whatever it takes to survive in any situation, and I think a lot about how to be prepared for anything. This makes me not afraid of conflict, and makes me rather combative at times. But my sense of harmony tempers this tendency, and I recognize that it works well socially to not be abrasive and obnoxious.

I do have a sense of idealism that goes with imagination; I believe that we create our reality (within reason), and sometimes escaping into imagination can be positive, therapeutic and even productive because it produces good ideas. We just shouldn't live there.

I'm very motivated by the desire for communication. Communication provides information, and information is needed to solve problems and make discoveries. So without it, nothing can be solved or discovered.

That's about it for now.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is an interesting website I am linking below that has some statistics on which types are the most likely to display aspergers tendencies and apparently the most likely type to do so is INTJ.

https://sites.google.com/site/gavinbollard/about-aspergers/Aspergers-Personality-Types

Of course, you can always question the competence of the person who collected these statistics but it should be at least ruoughly correct I would think.
Interesting, the lack of understanding of emotions and social cues plus obsessive behaviors sounded INTP to me. I'll have to read that.

So, all of that said, which of these short decriptions do you think best matches your behavior, and if you can't narrow it down to one, pick at least a few that you think might be right.
Edit: I've done this many times, and that was part of how I decided on my type back when I was sure. And the response was "you can't use generalized descriptions to determine type." And my response was, "there's no point of having them if they don't indicate type." Of course they don't determine type, they merely indicate it; but that's something worth paying attention to, especially if you fit one and contradict another.
Anyway, for what it's worth, here it is:

Type Descriptions
ENFJ: "Pedagogue". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others be the best that they can be. 5% of the total population.
no
ENFP "Journalist". Love novelty and surprises. They are big on emotions and expression. Life is an exciting drama. They are good at sales, advertising, politics, and acting. 5% of the total population.
The first thing, not the rest, although I'm pretty good at comedy acting and impressions.
ENTJ: "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.
no
ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.
Sounds like me.
ESFJ: "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Outstanding host or hostesses. They excel in service occupations involving personal contact. 13% of the total population.
Not so much.
ESFP: "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. They make good performers, and they love talking on the phone. 13% of the total population.
My inclination is for this to be part of my social personality, but I'm not good enough at it for it to be my type. I do like performing, when I don't have performance anxiety. I don't like talking on the phone.
ESTJ: "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. These are responsible mates and parents and are loyal to the workplace. They are realistic, down-to-earth, orderly, and love tradition. They often find themselves joining civic clubs! 13% of the total population.
no
ESTP "Promoter": These are action-oriented sophisticated people. As mates, they are both exciting and charming. They make good promoters, and entrepreneurs. 13% of the total population.
probably not
INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They make good therapists, general practitioners, and ministers. 1% of the total population
Sounds like me.
INFP: "Questor". Idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.
Idealistic yes (in accordance with being realistic), self-sacrificing no, family and home oriented yes, high capacity for caring I don't know; it tends to wear me out. I can care a lot for a short period of time, and then I have to run away and do something analytical and release all the emotion. And I don't like caring about strangers one on one. But if I happen to be able to help people without going out of my way, it makes me happy.
INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. 1% of the total population.
Probably not self confident; motivated by pragmatism but not always successful at it. I take a long time to make decisions. I am pretty independent. I do love logic and ideas and scientific research.
INTP: "Architect". Great precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. They are good at logic and math and make good philosophers and theoretical scientists. 1% of the total population.
I am very precise half the time and very vague and general and intuitive the other half of the time. I think I can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies; the thing is I can see things from multiple perspectives, so often I think the truth lies underneath contradictions incorporating truth from both extremes. But in philosophy class I'm on it; the objections I bring up are the same ones we end up talking about, or which have been proposed by other philosophers. And I found logic class to be really easy. I'm pretty good at math. And yeah, philosophy is my major and one true love. I'm totally interested in theoretical research; I want to learn about quantum physics and patterns in chemistry and math, and have it be my area of concentration in philosophy.
ISFJ: "Conservator". Service and work oriented - very loyal. They are good nurses, teachers, secretaries, general practitioners, librarians, middle managers, and housekeepers. 6% of the total population.
No.
ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. 5% of the total population.
Somewhat. I like art, but I don't express myself with it really. I reflect reality. I do express myself through dance, but it's more an expression of harmony with the world.
ISTJ "Trustee" Dependable pillars of strength. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.
No. Sounds really boring.
ISTP: "Artisan" Action-oriented and fearless, and crave excitement. They like tools, and instruments and often become technical experts. 5% of the total population.
Not really; tools scare me unless they're small and harmless. I'm not a thrill seeker. I try to avoid risks and danger. But I do crave excitement. And I'd rather think about the purpose and system behind the technology.
source - http://www.personalitytest.net/types...ions/index.htm

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True. So my real personality is how I act when in my natural and comfortable state, and the motivations for my behavior.

Since my behavior is confusing to me, I'll think about my motivations:
I'm very motivated by striving for excellence. I want to excel in everything I do, and I'm always trying to improve in things and get to the top level. I don't always reach it, but it is still what I want and an inseparable part of my personality. Perfectionism comes with this, but also just enjoying talents because they allow me to be good at things; I really enjoy the feeling of doing things well while I'm doing them.

Going with excellence, competence is extremely important to me. I feel as though worth as a person depends a great deal on it. I want to be successful at living life and surviving. Pretty much all my insecurities come down to fearing incompetence.

I do have a basic sense of value when it comes to people, and I am motivated by the desire to be a good person. In pretty much every sense of the word. But I'm not attached to it- I'd really rather not be judged or pressured to be a certain way; and I like the idea of living without being attached to value judgments. Still, to the extent that I have good qualities like beauty, intelligence, competence, etc., and I am useful and beneficial to the web of living things and the planet, I am good.

I'm motivated by a sense of interconnection. I feel part of the web of life in the biosphere, and because we are part of one entity I seek to preserve it. (I used to think this and the previous point were Fi, but I'm thinking they could just as easily be Fe because of the collectivism.)

I'm extremely curious and have the drive for knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles of reality. (I'm a philosophy major because it's something I never get tired of.) I really want to know objective reality, and in the process I'm willing to sacrifice all my subjective attachments- but I can't break my connection with the Earth and the life on it or I would cease to exist. I want to understand everything and how it all works and analyze it to death. Knowledge of underlying truth motivates me in most everything. (This is one reason I find it hard to relax- I have to analyze things and I fear losing objectivity and mental control by being absorbed in things.)

In connecting with the world, I am motivated by enjoyment from my senses.

I am very motivated by social approval and inclusion. This and my drive to excel makes me competitive.

I'm motivated by being provocative and thinking outside the box. This is why I like being silly and mischievous, as well as creative; new and different perspectives are always useful, and help us to not take life too seriously (because taking life too seriously leads to suffering).

I'm very motivated by survival. I will do whatever it takes to survive in any situation, and I think a lot about how to be prepared for anything. This makes me not afraid of conflict, and makes me rather combative at times. But my sense of harmony tempers this tendency, and I recognize that it works well socially to not be abrasive and obnoxious.

I do have a sense of idealism that goes with imagination; I believe that we create our reality (within reason), and sometimes escaping into imagination can be positive, therapeutic and even productive because it produces good ideas. We just shouldn't live there.

I'm very motivated by the desire for communication. Communication provides information, and information is needed to solve problems and make discoveries. So without it, nothing can be solved or discovered.

That's about it for now.

hmm....I agreed with everything as being my motivations as well...except I don't put much efforts in creativity...I call my creativity problem solving and improvising. But starting form scratch...I'm not sure if I'm good at....although I am still interested in it... weird though...lol I don't really get entj vibes from you...are you sure you're not a enfp? cause they use Te a lot too !

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm....I agreed with everything as being my motivations as well...except I don't put much efforts in creativity...I call my creativity problem solving and improvising. But starting form scratch...I'm not sure if I'm good at....although I am still interested in it... weird though...lol I don't really get entj vibes from you...are you sure you're not a enfp? cause they use Te a lot too !
Interesting. And no, of course I'm not sure lol.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now this is the kind of analysis that might lead somewhere. I will have more extensive comments later, but for now, please resolve:

These two appear contradictory. What role does the approval of others play in your motivations and your estimation of self-worth? In what way do you seek inclusion? What sorts of situations do you wish to be included in?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now this is the kind of analysis that might lead somewhere. I will have more extensive comments later, but for now, please resolve:

These two appear contradictory.
They are contradictory in my mind, and there's no neat resolution, unfortunately. Maybe you can explain that.
What role does the approval of others play in your motivations and your estimation of self-worth?
A lot, unfortunately. I know that it shouldn't be so important, because measurements of objective "good" qualities in a person can vary from group to group, and the one I'm in could just be ignorant; and it's advantageous for me to like myself and be happy no matter what; but I have a hard time really believing that. I guess I have a tribal mentality. I can go off into the forest and be a shaman if my tribe doesn't like me, but if I don't take that knowledge and use it for the good of other living things, I'll just end up a lone wolf preying on whatever I can find. And that would be very lonely. I need interaction and meaningful relationships. I used to think I didn't, but that's only because I invented imaginary ones and lived in my head for many years. I spent many more years getting out of my head and learning social skills so that I could have that in real life.
In what way do you seek inclusion?
I try to be interested in other people and responsive to them. I try to be likeable, entertaining, and cool. I'm cooperative, communicative, and accommodating. I also try to be admirable, desirable, and useful.
What sorts of situations do you wish to be included in?
I want to be included in fun activities, intellectual activities, and discussions of important things which lead to decision making. Pretty much everything except stupid drama, boring data, and dangerous situations.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quoting [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] in this thread:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ty-matrices/59189-fe-second-vs-fe-last-2.html (post #12), quoting this article http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/a he cites:

"The inferior function is practically identical with the dark side of the human personality.["Concerning Rebirth," CW 9i, par. 222.
My dark side is always triggered by emotion.

Positive as well as negative occurrences can constellate the inferior counter-function. When this happens, sensitiveness appears. Sensi-tiveness is a sure sign of of the presence of inferiority. This provides the psychological basis for discord and misunderstanding, not only as between two people, but also in ourselves. The essence of the inferior function is autonomy: it is independent, it attacks, it fascinates and so spins us about that we are no longer masters of ourselves and can no longer rightly distinguish between ourselves and others["The Problem of the Attitude-Type," CW 7, par. 85.]"

I certainly have over-sensitivity in the area of Fe. It's really the only way to get under my skin- to basically attack my reputation or make Fe judgments about me. Conversely, if someone attacks me with analytical thought, I can either refute it or assimilate their information if they're right, so it doesn't bother me. This causes a lot of discord and misunderstanding between me and other people, as well as the Fe-Fi difference. I mentioned I have inner conflict in the beginning of my previous post.

"The inferior function is always of the same nature, rational or irrational, as the primary function: when thinking is most developed, the other rational function, feeling, is inferior; if sensation is dominant, then intuition, the other irrational function, is the fourth function, and so on. This accords with general experience: the thinker is tripped up by feeling values; the practical sensation type gets into a rut, blind to the possibilities seen by intuition; the feeling type is deaf to logical thinking; and the intuitive, at home in the inner world, runs afoul of concrete reality."

Again. I'm not deaf to logical thinking- I always accept and appreciate it. But when I'm emotional or under stress my own ability to think logically suffers and i start throwing out a lot of (inferior) Fe judgments.

"One may be aware of the perceptions or judgments associated with the inferior function, but these are generally over-ridden by the superior function. Thinking types, for example, do not give their feelings much weight. Sensation types have intuitions, but they are not motivated by them. Similarly, feeling types brush away disturbing thoughts and intuitives ignore what is right in front of them.
Although the inferior function may be conscious as a phenomenon its true significance nevertheless remains unrecognized. It behaves like many repressed or insufficiently appreciated contents, which are partly conscious and partly unconscious . . . . Thus in normal cases the inferior function remains conscious, at least in its effects; but in a neurosis it sinks wholly or in part into the unconscious. ["Definitions," CW 6, par. 764.]"

In contrast, I do take my feelings seriously, and I enjoy them; I just don't tend to give much weight to their contribution to knowledge of truth or their usefulness in being in touch with reality. Since I value truth and connection with reality so much, if feeling is clouding my judgment I tend to want to ignore it and try to make it disappear (which I've learned doesn't work very well). Also, another big source of inner conflict for me is between what I feel and what I think is sensible or what I deem appropriate. I want to make my feelings conform (but it doesn't always work, and sometimes there is good reason not to).

I don't brush away disturbing thoughts; thoughts don't disturb me. They're either true or not, and I'm not afraid of either possibility, or of examining them for truth.

"To the extent that a person functions too one-sidedly, the inferior function becomes correspondingly primitive and troublesome. The overly dominant primary function takes energy away from the inferior function, which falls into the unconscious. There it is prone to be activated in an unnatural way, giving rise to infantile desires and other symptoms of imbalance. This is the situation in neurosis.

In order to extricate the inferior function from the unconscious by analysis, the unconscious fantasy formations that have now been activated must be brought to the surface. The conscious realization of these fantasies brings the inferior function to consciousness and makes further development possible.[Ibid., par. 764.]"

I'm not so aware of this in relation to Fe, but I do analyze my fantasies for usefulness in learning social skills (and what I want socially). If Fe is inferior, then Fi is a shadow function and even further in the unconscious. (Regarding infantile, I've thought for awhile that my shadow Fi is like my inner child, and in dealing with my feelings I should treat myself like I would a child. My emotions are very childlike.) My deepest and most mysterious feelings are Fi in nature, and I "bring them to the surface" with Ni or Si, and analyze them. This is the process I use in working out all my problems. I ask my unconscious mind what I'm feeling and why, then try to uncover underlying beliefs such as "I'm going to fail" or "This person doesn't like me," or "No one will ever love me," then ask myself whether this is true, and then tell myself the truth. All my negative feelings are based on incorrect beliefs, which I have to drag up out of my unconsciousness and then change.

"When it becomes desirable or necessary to develop the inferior function, this can only happen gradually."
...which I mentioned in the second paragraph in my previous post...

"Attempts to assimilate the inferior function are usually accompanied by a deterioration in the primary function. The thinking type can’t write an essay, the sensation type gets lost and forgets appointments, the intuitive loses touch with possibilities, and the feeling type can’t decide what something’s worth."

I get scatter-brained when I'm stressed out and can't learn or think properly. In contrast, I never get depressed or apathetic or feel like things are worthless.

"So long as a function is still so fused with one or more other functions-thinking with feeling, feeling with sensation, etc.-that it is unable to operate on its own, it is in an archaic condition, i.e., not differentiated, not separated from the whole as a special part and existing by itself. Undifferentiated thinking is incapable of thinking apart from other functions; it is continually mixed up with sensations, feelings, intuitions, just as undifferentiated feeling is mixed up with sensations and fantasies.["Definitions," CW 6, par. 705.]"

I've mentioned in one or both of my type threads how tied my feelings are to sensation- my happy feelings are based on some kind of positive physical experience, like eating, being hugged, hearing affirming words, listening to music, etc. I feel like I have a piece of reality to hold onto and I'm not sinking into some abyss of chaos. I also have happy feelings tied to pure thought and awareness of truth. I attributed this to Fe being under Si and Fi being under Se, but I don't know. In any case, when I get upset about something I feel like none of my functions are working properly- I misremember things (Si), don't notice my environment and relevant data (Se and Te), can't evaluate context (Ne I guess), imagine all the terrible things that could happen (Ni), and get generally paranoid (Fe), which tells me that Fi is a shadow function and probably last.

"An undifferentiated function is characterized by ambivalence (every position entails its own negative), which leads to characteristic inhibitions in its use.
Yes.

I've read a lot about inferior Fe and shadow Fi, and related to it 100%. That was one of the main reasons I thought I was INTP.

But I could be wrong.

Edit: Inferior Se fits me ok too. I'm going to read more about it.

Last edited: