• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can we finally figure out what type I am?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... Just nt? Weren't you an enfp when you joined? How have you decided against that?

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a mystery! :chicken:

you see...now that's exactly what im starting to wonder about myself lmao

give some smth what troubles you about typing yourself? What was the problem with ENFP? what is problem about which NT?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I'll just type out my thoughts here.

EI

I'm not entirely sure about whether I'm introverted or extraverted. On one hand I have a tendency to want to stay inside and keep to myself, spending all my time reading about different things and using the computer, on the other hand I enjoy time spending with friends and family. I wouldn't necessarily say being in social situations drains me, I think it depends on the type of people I'm around. I do notice I prefer to create close relationships with a few people than have a wide circle of acquaintances.

SN

As far as sensing and intuition, I'm not entirely one hundred percent on the definitions of these. From what I gather intuition is possibilities and sensing is experiences, but I'm not sure whether those are directed inward or outward for me. When I think of possibilities, I like to take an existing theory (such as MBTI for example) and see how I take it and apply my own ideas to it, in other words: what is possible with this pre-existing idea?. I'd say I enjoy experiencing things in the moment, but I also do a lot of reflecting on past experiences.

T

I consider myself a thinker. I like to analyze data and categorize it, make lists and generally get a feel for how the data applies to existing theories and ideas and form new ones based off of that. A good example of this is how I take the existing parameters in a program like ImageMagick, create impulse response graphs for the various filters and then compare them to see which one is best in an ideal situation.

F

Feeling is a tough one, because although I can be somewhat selfish and uncaring, I also can be very empathetic and compassionate. Generally when I'm in a state of recluse I'm more prone to selfishness, but when I have an urge to be around others or in a social setting I lean more towards empathy and compassion. I'd say I'm generally more empathetic than I am uncaring.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
T

I consider myself a thinker. I like to analyze data and categorize it, make lists and generally get a feel for how the data applies to existing theories and ideas and form new ones based off of that. A good example of this is how I take the existing parameters in a program like ImageMagick, create impulse response graphs for the various filters and then compare them to see which one is best in an ideal situation.

FYI, I'm absolutely an ENFP, and my hobbies include very serious Linuxing, microcontroller development and I'm a computer programmer by trade. Don't rule it out.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
FYI, I'm absolutely an ENFP, and my hobbies include very serious Linuxing, microcontroller development and I'm a computer programmer by trade. Don't rule it out.

I just need a definitive answer, it's driving me crazy. :panic:

Maybe I've been over thinking it, maybe ENFP is right for me. I relate a lot with ENFPs and I think maybe I shouldn't have questioned my original score so much.

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Finally?" You've been here for like a couple weeks. It took TypoC years to assign me a type.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just need a definitive answer, it's driving me crazy. :panic:

Maybe I've been over thinking it, maybe ENFP is right for me. I relate a lot with ENFPs and I think maybe I shouldn't have questioned my original score so much.

"Finally?" You've been here for like a couple weeks. It took TypoC years to assign me a type.

Hah, yeah.. just stick with anything that feels like a start.. hang around here, keep your eyes open and get a feel for it.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Everything I read and watch about the differences between ENTP and ENFP makes me want to say ENTP. Doctorjuice's videos have helped me a lot in this way.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

EI

I'm not entirely sure about whether I'm introverted or extraverted. On one hand I have a tendency to want to stay inside and keep to myself, spending all my time reading about different things and using the computer, on the other hand I enjoy time spending with friends and family. I wouldn't necessarily say being in social situations drains me, I think it depends on the type of people I'm around. I do notice I prefer to create close relationships with a few people than have a wide circle of acquaintances.

SN

As far as sensing and intuition, I'm not entirely one hundred percent on the definitions of these. From what I gather intuition is possibilities and sensing is experiences, but I'm not sure whether those are directed inward or outward for me. When I think of possibilities, I like to take an existing theory (such as MBTI for example) and see how I take it and apply my own ideas to it, in other words: what is possible with this pre-existing idea?. I'd say I enjoy experiencing things in the moment, but I also do a lot of reflecting on past experiences.

T

F

Feeling is a tough one, because although I can be somewhat selfish and uncaring, I also can be very empathetic and compassionate. Generally when I'm in a state of recluse I'm more prone to selfishness, but when I have an urge to be around others or in a social setting I lean more towards empathy and compassion. I'd say I'm generally more empathetic than I am uncaring.

Certainly an I. You don't mind the company of your friends or family, a close circle from what I understand; Es generally like interacting with others, whilst Is play favourites.

This game you play trying to connect theories to past experiences and other information you know certainly sounds Ni to me. S types would take the information for given.

So far: I & Ni; thus an INxJ.

And by your definition of your thinking process, it's Ti, and by your feeling, it's Fe--though I might be mistaken. The only introverted type which has preferred Ni, Fe and Ti is INFJ.

My conclusion: INFJ.

Before you set this in stone, you should wait for the thoughts of somebody more experienced than me.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got an istj vibe myself, from first speaking with you on vent actually. Could be wrong.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
My guess based on your type-me video and this thread: ISTJ.

I got an istj vibe myself, from first speaking with you on vent actually. Could be wrong.

This could be the case, I've been leaning towards that conclusion myself. I've learned to understand that Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling don't have the same definitions in Jung-speak as they do in day-to-day parlance so I feel I'm approaching a more accurate assessment of myself.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm leaning towards "hasn't yet quite fully developed as a person so it's not clear yet," which is why all these disparate types seem plausible to you. You've gone from ENFP to ESFP to ENTP to INTJ to ISTJ (with maybe a few other stopoffs in between) all in a matter of a few weeks. I think you're just discovering who you are as an adult. It's worth mentioning that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so someone's personality might not really "set" until then.

I'd also go with "personality type is a fundamentally flawed/incomplete concept and you cannot ask it to fully define you" for 1000, Alex.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I keep drawing the conclusion of INFP.

A

Anew Leaf

My guess based on your type-me video and this thread: ISTJ.

Nico is rather amazing, so if you cannot trust your own judgement, trust his. :D

*makes up for all those times she mistypes movie characters as INTJs to Nico's abject horror*

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I stopped caring about this Myers-Briggs and Enneagram stuff, since I now know it's not useful for how I intended to use it I don't really need it anymore. I'd rather just be a person instead of trying to fit myself into a system that attempts to stereotype seven billion people.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm leaning towards "hasn't yet quite fully developed as a person so it's not clear yet," which is why all these disparate types seem plausible to you. You've gone from ENFP to ESFP to ENTP to INTJ to ISTJ (with maybe a few other stopoffs in between) all in a matter of a few weeks. I think you're just discovering who you are as an adult. It's worth mentioning that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so someone's personality might not really "set" until then.

I'd also go with "personality type is a fundamentally flawed/incomplete concept and you cannot ask it to fully define you" for 1000, Alex.
Hmm this is a point. One that ive seen before, but also one which needs reiterating from time to time.

I stopped caring about this Myers-Briggs and Enneagram stuff, since I now know it's not useful for how I intended to use it I don't really need it anymore. I'd rather just be a person instead of trying to fit myself into a system that attempts to stereotype seven billion people.

Ive talked with you lots of time in vent, but seeing as how im barely able to organise my own understanding of type theory into anything resembling a useful or accurate stance....im not really one to type others. I do remember asking you about Ne and where you saw it for yourself.

Perhaps ISTJ IS closer than I thought.

Nico is rather amazing, so if you cannot trust your own judgement, trust his. :D

*makes up for all those times she mistypes movie characters as INTJs to Nico's abject horror*

Indeed? I need to test this.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So [MENTION=16557]Grublet[/MENTION] how did you finally decide you are INTP despite the popular ISTJ opinion? Also you have yet to post an enneagram type so which one do you think you might be?