• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finally got around to making a video...

Ntuitive

MBTI Type
INTP
.... Both. XD
I related to the ISFP profile a but it was really hard to actually read it, I started getting bored with it about halfway through the description of Fi-dom. (Fought my way through though. XD)
I really relate to the INFP part though. I relate to both. Can I just say both? I can't tell which one that I relate to more.

Ooops, I think my Ti was getting the better of me when I put out that ISFP description. :D

But anyway, while I get the fact that you relate to both (I had my own struggles with this trying to figure out whether I was INTP or INFP), it is about preferences and not necessarily what you can do, because ISFPs can be poetic as INFPs if they wanted to.

In the end, it's what functions you prioritize over another.

So, do you prefer to be in touch with real-life experience, facts, and sensory details, or do you prefer to be in touch with theoretical things (such as thoughts, predictions, abstractness, meanings, and patterns)? You might be weak in terms of whether you prefer S over N (or vice-versa), which can explain why you relate to both descriptions (besides my opinion that you are also an IxFP), but there will still be a preference nonetheless.

Ntuitive

MBTI Type
INTP
Also, which functions do you relate to more? (This I got from this website here.)

[h=3]The Eight Functions and Fence-Building[/h]Ne - I want to design the fence.
Ni - Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?
Se - I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing
Si - I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.
Te - Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?
Ti - I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.
Fe - How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?
Fi - I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

And this too on the different types of N and S:

Ne and Ni are kind of the same, where Ne is an abstraction manipulator- it takes its connections and sees what can be done with them. Ni is more in tune with the internal principles that make things work.... it knows what matches what, what parts belong where, etc.

Ni is in tune with what abstractly is, Si is in tune with what physically is
Ne is in tune with what theoretically could be, Se is in tune with what physically could be

Ne and Se manipulates either ideas or material
Ni and Si sorts/categorizes either ideas or material

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everything you said sounds INFJ except for your assessment of your use of Te.

This is introverted intuition to a T:

Introverted intuition, as I may have mentioned before, gives you a myriad of perspectives on your processes, which can make self-typing difficult for INFJ and INTJ.

Again, you seem clearly Fe to me. Fe is more in tune with how other people feel. It causes you to care in a very direct way how other people feel, including how they feel about you. Fi is more about internal alignment of feeling. Fi primaries, like INFP and ISFP can appear stubborn and/or passive aggressive at times because their primary filter is how they feel about things, which doesn't appeal directly to logical argument or categorization. Go on youtube and watch some old videos of Bob Dylan being interviewed by the press as a good example of how this might play out.

Fi is typically more robust and, in a way, less sensitive to how other people feel than Fe. Fi can be more defiant, whereas in situations that produce negative reactions in people, especially in groups can be very stressful to Fe - because they take on those feelings internally.

Ni primaries have a unique relationship with their inferior process and many identify more with it than their tertiary process. We're probably the only types who actually enjoy our inferior process, generally speaking.

The tertiary process usually shows up when you're on the defensive or for whatever reason in your 'lower self'. When INFJs get defensive they'll use the judging process that's in their preferred realm - meaning our introverted judging process - Ti. It can be tricky to identify in yourself, but if you pay attention you can catch yourself doing it. It usually manifests in being critical - saying or thinking things like 'that doesn't make any damn sense!' or other ways of pointing out how things don't make sense or are logically inconsistent. Te as a tertiary process can manifest as being bossy or 'using' people and in some cases, doing things like punching walls.

I still honestly feel like I use Te. INFJ fits except for that, though I may be wrong on me using Te... (I do get really, really bossy a lot, though, like when my INFJ friend stops paying attention to talking about things I don't want her to talk about when there are other people around, I'll be like "SHUT UP!" And when she talks in dance classes I'll just glare and go "SHHH!" I've been told to stop being bossy a lot by her >>) I get bossy more than I get critical of inconsistencies and what have you. I only remember one time in my entire life when I noticed something like that. I can recall four times the last year I was told to stop being bossy. XD

Ooops, I think my Ti was getting the better of me when I put out that ISFP description. :D

But anyway, while I get the fact that you relate to both (I had my own struggles with this trying to figure out whether I was INTP or INFP), it is about preferences and not necessarily what you can do, because ISFPs can be poetic as INFPs if they wanted to.

In the end, it's what functions you prioritize over another.

So, do you prefer to be in touch with real-life experience, facts, and sensory details, or do you prefer to be in touch with theoretical things (such as thoughts, predictions, abstractness, meanings, and patterns)? You might be weak in terms of whether you prefer S over N (or vice-versa), which can explain why you relate to both descriptions (besides my opinion that you are also an IxFP), but there will still be a preference nonetheless.

I usually prefer real life experience and sensory details, but not as much facts... If I could pick and choose I'd say experience, sensory details, abstract, meanings, and predictions. You're right, I may just be really weak in S/N if I am indeed an IxFP...

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, which functions do you relate to more? (This I got from this website here.)

And this too on the different types of N and S:

The last quote just confuses me. But on the first, I have a weird hodpodge of ones I find myself thinking something along the lines of. I relate to Ne, Si, Te, Fe and Fi out of all of the functions mentioned... Fe and Fi about evenly.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's an ENFP in his Te tertiary process - at about 3:14 of the video. *Warning - bad words!

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's an ENFP in his Te tertiary process - at about 3:14 of the video. *Warning - bad words!

Yeah, I don't think I get that bossy. x'D Is there an example of Ti as well so I can compare?

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly I don't think you have enough clarity on your internal processes at this point to come to a definitive conclusion, so you'll probably need some time to do some more studying and reflecting. If you're able to get that clarity at such a young age and get good information (you won't find a whole lot of that here) then you'll have a huge advantage. I would recommend checking out the work of Dario Nardi and Linda Berens. Also, this guy has some good videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1, as does this guy, though I don't always agree with some of the types he's assigned to certain celebrities: http://www.youtube.com/davesuperpowers. Also, my mentors, Camronn Huff and Antonia Dodge are fantastic. I highly recommend checking them out as well: http://geniusawakening.com.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly I don't think you have enough clarity on your internal processes at this point to come to a definitive conclusion, so you'll probably need some time to do some more studying and reflecting. If you're able to get that clarity at such a young age and get good information (you won't find a whole lot of that here) then you'll have a huge advantage. I would recommend checking out the work of Dario Nardi and Linda Berens. Also, this guy has some good videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1, as does this guy, though I don't always agree with some of the types he's assigned to certain celebrities: http://www.youtube.com/davesuperpowers. Also, my mentors, Camronn Huff and Antonia Dodge are fantastic. I highly recommend checking them out as well: http://geniusawakening.com.

Alrighty. Thank you for your time and help and the links and everything ^^

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My pleasure.

And here's an INFJ in his tertiary process using 'truth' and 'accuracy' (from his perspective) coming from his Ti to lash out at people who he feels have put him on the defensive. It's important to understand that this is not a typical INFJ - we could get into a whole bunch of things that make him a unique INFJ in unique circumstances, but if you can cut through all that and break down what he's saying then I think you can see what I'm taking about. *Warning - more bad words!

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My pleasure.

And here's an INFJ in his tertiary process using 'truth' and 'accuracy' (from his perspective) coming from his Ti to lash out at people who he feels have put him on the defensive. It's important to understand that this is not a typical INFJ - we could get into a whole bunch of things that make him a unique INFJ in unique circumstances, but if you can cut through all that and break down what he's saying then I think you can see what I'm taking about. *Warning - more bad words!

I watched most of that and then went back and watched the Te again and I do indeed see what you mean, and I think I had inaccurate information about Te because I can see more of a Ti tert process than Te in myself.
Actually, the more I hear about INFJ, the more it seems to fit, though I'm not going to go and type myself as that because I want to be sure before I carelessly toss around "OMG I'M AN INFJ". Do you have any more sources off the top of your head that have reliable info on INFJ? (I'm going to go looking on my own as well but I just want to make sure I don't have false information XD) I'm going to check out the links you gave me a few posts ago as well ^^ Seriously, thanks so much for your help!

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's a pretty good dissection of the difference between INFP and INFJ:

I did take some issue with one of the details he mentioned. This was my comment.

Good explanation. The only thing I'd clarify from an INFJ perspective is that I tend to have a lot of projects going on and I might be reading like 7 books at the same time. I like to follow my internal bliss which is a little ADD. What's in line with what you mentioned in the video is that there's a kind of unified thread that runs through a lot of these different pursuits. I'm always looking for information that will build on a select few things that I'm working towards for the long term.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's another:

- though I disagree with Lady Gaga as INFP. Pretty confident she's ISFP. I think he's right about Derren Brown though.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say you should use an IxFP title, as you said you can relate to both. That's why cognitive function tests give percentage results.

Besides, you look young, I'd say 14 or 15. People usually change, at least a little. Which, in this case, may be a little to S or N side. Another thing is influence by others, I remember you saying that your mom influenced you about being an introvert, may be something similar with your S-ish habits. I still vote you as an N.
I am 14. XD Yeah. I think I'm an N, maybe a weak N or S-influenced N, but I'm not calling myself an N yet, I'm just considering it as a very highly likely possibility.
[MENTION=16774]ScottJames[/MENTION]
Thanks so much for all your help! Those videos were awesome. I am likely an INFJ but again, I'm going to do more research and self-reflecting before I type myself as such. ^^

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are a P. ;)

INFJ fits me too well for me to at least not have a weak P preference too. I'm not saying I'm a J, but I'm also not saying I'm a P. Leaving my options open until I make my decision simply because I don't want to change my type 10 times in a row and seem like an idiot. xD

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From the way you were acting on camera, I can tell that you're P and I've already given the reasons for it. I'm confident that you're a P. :)

Thank you very much for your input :D I'm just trying to leave my options open, though, like I said. Don't want to have a revelation I'm a J type and go "well crap, here I am changing another letter..." even if it's not likely X'D

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree. INFJ leads with a perceiving function so they can easily appear like a perceiver and often test as perceivers. I've been typed as a perceiver more than once.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, so I have a question on whether this would make me a P or a J. I'm not very organized but mostly because I'm always off trying to save someone or busy doing something value oriented. If I wanted to, I could be organized, but I just would rather spend my time and effort on other things that, when compared to, I care less about being organized. In fact, I'm very hard on myself for not being organized (while still being effective in my values) and I am an extreme perfectionist and lay awake some nights drilling myself on all the things I could have done better, or all the things that could've been more organized. Is that more J or P?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, this is the strangest thing. :\ So far, I'm finding that I relate to the INFJ profiles, but to the INFP people. If I go on the INFP forums, or confession Tumblrs, I say "that's so me". But when talking to INFJ people, I feel... Like I understand, but distantly, like I'm disconnected.
So basically I relate to INFJ profiles and INFP people.
Any reasons coming to mind on why this may be?

Ntuitive

MBTI Type
INTP
Also, this is the strangest thing. :\ So far, I'm finding that I relate to the INFJ profiles, but to the INFP people. If I go on the INFP forums, or confession Tumblrs, I say "that's so me". But when talking to INFJ people, I feel... Like I understand, but distantly, like I'm disconnected.
So basically I relate to INFJ profiles and INFP people.
Any reasons coming to mind on why this may be?

It's the same reason why I can relate to INTJ profiles even though I am an INTP: we both have similar structures that are expressed in different ways. For example, for an INTJ and an INTP, we both have the same basic structure of being introverted thinkers who use intuition. However, one of the main differences between an INTJ and an INTP is how they use their intuitions to process information.

So, an INTP will like knowledge to make sense for its own sake, while an INTJ wants information to make sense so s/he can apply it to the real world. (There's a nice little INTJ/P chart here that delineates some of the main differences for us.)

It will be the same way for an INFJ vs. an INFP in terms of how they process their feelings and how they want to apply them to the world. (This is a good website for how INFJs interact with the world via their feelings - do you see any similarities here as well? Also, I found this website dedicated to exploring more between INFP/J differences - also written by an INFJ.)

I hope this helps!