• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help on finding out my type?

rain

Hello! I'm new to this whole typing business, so forgive me if I'm a little ignorant on the way things work. Basically I have been typed as an ISTJ before (my close friend thinks I fit an ISTJ very well), but I have had other tendencies/results and I'm not really sure if I'm really ISTJ. I would really appreciate some help in typing myself! :)

I've been an introvert practically my entire life. I'm actually not really uncomfortable in social situations, just that I am uncomfortable with people I do not know very well (but have met before) because I always have this feeling that I have to maintain the impression I give them and I'm very afraid of being judged. I'm pretty good at making friends with strangers, as long as anyone I know isn't around as well. I guess it's because most people I know are my schoolmates (I'm a student) and in school I can be rather quiet. Hence, they think I'm quiet too, so I kind of have the obligation to live up to their expectation when meeting strangers around people I know. In school I tend to stumble over my words or say something that I don't really agree with because I'm so flustered just by the prospect of getting a question wrong. Despite this, I am pretty alright with things like pre-prepared speeches that I can spend hours before practicing, haha. I'm actually a performer too; I act and sing pretty comfortably onstage.

I am quite organized, though my laziness sometimes gets the better of me rearranging my stuff in perfect order hahah. I am quite taken with making lists, especially to-do lists. I can get quite obsessive over aesthetic appeal, like how I can spend hours making notes for studying just to make sure they're pretty and neat, otherwise I can't stand studying them. I'm not very logical, surprisingly. I mainly just go along with the heat of the moment and see where it takes me. I like engaging in hands-on things, like how I can't understand technical step-by-step instructions until I actually get down to business and try assembling things myself.

I'm not a very moral person. I don't have a set of ethics and principles I follow, and I'm not very sympathetic either. I guess most people would call me cynical, and I can be quite sarcastic. I guess the morals part would be because I'm strongly Atheist, and I don't believe in the existence of God. I tend to dismiss emotionally-based arguments a lot, but I still am (somewhat) a conflict seeker because conflicts draw attention and can be rather interesting. (now I sound mean, oops) I can be quite elitist.

Despite my more rational side, I also have the more emotional side to me. Actually, some people would call it depressed, but it's not that serious haha. Most people call me angsty. I can be quite hyper and happy most of the time, but when I crash I really become quite down in the dumps. I'm not really happy with my life. (I guess now I sound bipolar.) I do write prose and poetry, and my favourite subject is English Literature. I can daydream an entire lesson away if I want to.

I'm not a very hardworking person in school, mostly because I don't see the absolute need to study hard and do well academically. However, in things that I'm really interested in, like performing, I tend to give my all. I can stay up all night just to prepare for a performance without batting an eyelid but I'm really reluctant to study. I tend to study last minute, like the night before exams, whereas for performance-related things I get things done punctually and I really put in all my effort to do the best job that I can.

I get bored of things really easily, like I have phases where I'm really obsessed with something, then it passes. I'm not really a risk-taker though.

I hope this isn't too confusing! I got confused while writing it. If you need any more information feel free to ask questions :) thank you so much!