• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I tested as a 5w4 sp/so/sx. Free cookies for a your opinion...

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have very little knowledge of the enneagram types and enneagram testing, so I would like to understand more. I've noticed that people seem to be strongly attached to their enneagram type, even more so than MBTI. Obviously, that is just my opinion, but I am wondering if people have a more visceral connection to the description of the type or possibly the famous people that are associated with it.

I've never asked for a second opinion, should I describe about myself? I don't even know where to start. Maybe someone could ask a question, if they are interested. I am here to answer questions and listen. *waiting excitedly, curious to see what you will say* :glasses:

LOL my typos...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you a collector? The 5 sp is described as a collector, like a friend of mine who has an enormous collection of sci-fi and fantasy books, and trades them on Ebay. But he collected books since he was a teenager, long before the internet. I recall that his bedroom was filled with shelves of these books.

I am disappointed in that he hasn't read them all, he only collects them and reads a few here and there. As a 5 Sx/Sp, I have collected books but only the ones that I read and enjoyed. Over the years I have gotten rid of gobs of books because they are too heavy to haul from place to place. But I still have some books from 20 years ago that I don't care about anymore, I just keep them on the shelf as dust-collectors.

I'm not saying this is like hoarding, however.

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you a collector?

Nope, I don't care as much about physical things, but I do try to collect as much knowledge as I can about the things I want to learn. No offense to people who collect, but I've always thought it was pointless.

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although, I do have a lot of shoes. xD Hahah, that might be a hoarding problem though...

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
might be 5w6... not sure though. tell us about yourself.

something to start off with, explain how much you relate to these (type 5 TAS)

1: I like to go in depth and pore over details until i've figured something out as completely as possible

2: I am an extremely private person who doesn't let many people into my world

3: I don't feel very big or powerful, more like small and invisible

4: Other people would think i'm crazy if they could see what I think about most of the time

5: Only by getting accurate information can people make a rational decision, but people aren't very rational

6: My family thinks i'm somewhat eccentric, they tell me I need to get out more

7: I can talk a lot when I want to, but I like to just watch thing happen around me most of the time

8: If you need a problem solved, let me work on it by myself and i'll come up with an answer

9: When you think about it, normal behavior is pretty strange

10: I usually take a while fine-tuning whatever i'm working on

11: Most people are so ignorant it's amazing that anything works at all

12: I know a lot about a lot of things, and I consider myself an expert in a few things

13: I'm curious and I enjoy investigating why things are the way they are

14: My mind is so active that sometimes it feels like it's on fire

15: I lose track of time a lot because I get so focused on what i'm doing

(I just copied this from a book and typed it up quick, if you want I can type up the 4 or 6 TAS, but 1 at a time though lol)

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
might be 5w6... not sure though. tell us about yourself.

something to start off with, explain how much you relate to these (type 5 TAS)

1: I like to go in depth and pore over details until i've figured something out as completely as possible

Not always.

2: I am an extremely private person who doesn't let many people into my world

YES.

3: I don't feel very big or powerful, more like small and invisible

Not really.

4: Other people would think i'm crazy if they could see what I think about most of the time

YES YES YES.

5: Only by getting accurate information can people make a rational decision, but people aren't very rational

I don't relate.

6: My family thinks i'm somewhat eccentric, they tell me I need to get out more

They think I'm weird and yes. I wouldn't say eccentric?

7: I can talk a lot when I want to, but I like to just watch thing happen around me most of the time

Yes yes.

8: If you need a problem solved, let me work on it by myself and i'll come up with an answer

Please yes.

9: When you think about it, normal behavior is pretty strange

I really hate the word 'normal'. Ok. Really people now really.

10: I usually take a while fine-tuning whatever i'm working on

omg yes.

11: Most people are so ignorant it's amazing that anything works at all

I can be pompous like that sometimes.

12: I know a lot about a lot of things, and I consider myself an expert in a few things

Nope, I hone my expertise in one or two areas with a main focus in one. I may be good at a lot...oh! I see.. yes.

13: I'm curious and I enjoy investigating why things are the way they are

Always have been.

14: My mind is so active that sometimes it feels like it's on fire

Burning migraine fire too much thinking.

15: I lose track of time a lot because I get so focused on what i'm doing

YEs.

(I just copied this from a book and typed it up quick, if you want I can type up the 4 or 6 TAS, but 1 at a time though lol)

Thanks for copying this. I can see how I could be a 5 that makes sense.

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't completely relate to everything, I don't like to think that I make decisions completely from logic and that I look down on others. I feel like those are negative aspects of my personality. I've tried to work on being nicer to people. When I was younger, I came across as intimidating.

Burger King

Hello, I notice you're new. Welcome.

If you are not sure of type 5, then perhaps you should take a look at e3. It is part of the competency group (1-3-5) as well. There's not much to go by, but there are some subtleties that point away from e5.

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello, I notice you're new. Welcome.

If you are not sure of type 5, then perhaps you should take a look at e3. It is part of the competency group (1-3-5) as well. There's not much to go by, but there are some subtleties that point away from e5.

Thank you for the welcome. I just filled out a questionnare, but I am not sure if that is allowed on this forum?