• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This whole low conscientousness thing combined with the whole think about all the different possibilities thing seems like xNTP to me probably since you are not fond of authority and you did say you like arguing but idk.

Try asking some of the INTPs and ENTPs on the forum if they relate to your story. I can link you to some of the ones on my friends list if you want me to.

INTPs are also more likely to confuse themselves for INTJs than vice versa as INTJs are more self assured and confident in their convictions so I think INTJ is off the list for you but of course I could be wrong.

edit - btw I am also a likely INTP though some say ENTP or ISTP so if you relate to my posting style that would further augment the possibility of you being one of those types.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fluffywolf - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/fluffywolf.html
jontherobot - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/jontherobot.html
Mal+ - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/mal-.html
Rasofy - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/rasofy.html
Riva - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/riva.html
SuchIrony - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/suchirony.html
The Great One - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/the-great-one.html
ZPowers - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/zpowers.html

Anyway those are all of the active NTPs on my friends list so go ahead and contact some of them if you want and/or look up their posting history to see if you relate to them as well as ask them if they relate to you. I hope that helps. :)

emmapeel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
You are so INTP, there's no doubt in my mind. You sound just like my husband on one of his not-so-good days.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My description wasn't very flattering, but in comparison to the others it was sort of fine. :alttongue:

Rasofy - He seems to be also asking for various advices on how to act or what to do in a certain situation. Once again, I can't relate to that, I prefer my own thoughts and my own personality
You think I don't?

I don't ask people what I should do.
Your life will get much easier once you get humble enough to recognize that there are people out there much more qualified than you to know how to deal with pretty much any given situation. Besides, when I ask questions I'm looking for good data to make my own conclusions.

In one of his posts about the irrationality of birthdays, he implies that he condones to all that nonsense, and yet he thinks it's irrational. That makes him a hypocrite, which I do not do. If I find something irrational, I skip doing it.I think the first time I've told my parents to not organize a birthday was when I was about 10 or so, as the money I was gifted was stolen and used to buy my clothes anyway and I used to get relatively good food.
My parents have been paying everything so, despite the fact that I find parties boring, I get a lot of free gifts and some good food. Money is not an issue for them, and I know they would be offended if I told them I don't want more parties. Birthday parties have a lot of social value to them, and it's important for me to be a good son once in a while. That said, it is a rational choice for me to participate in.

However, I never bring a present if I go to someone else's birthday: they have to invite me because I'm "family" anyway, therefore bringing a present is impractical and pointless, as I don't care what they think about me in the first place - the important thing is to get a lot of quality food.
You need to get rid of this cynic pragmatism and learn the pragmatic value of reciprocity. There's still time.

I also like how this guy categorizes his points with the help of "-."
:hifive:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyways, I'm able to recognize an INTP being inconvenient pretty easily, and I'm quite sure you're one.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Typoz, your judgements of the individuals you've had a look at are funny... and slightly absurd. A bizarre formation of the way a human is made out to be in the way your mind perceives it. You pick up random points you see from segments of a person's posts and use it to construct the core of how a person is in your mind. How about you play a little communication game instead of segmental observation to reassess the people you've just had a look at?

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15978]Typoz[/MENTION]

ENTP's are less concerned of details than we are general concepts. General concepts require general posts, not analytic manuals of detail. We also don't mind much being 'misinterpreted', we're a fan of taking what you will from things, whatever it may be... not driving home some specific point introverted thinking is fond of.

You have undeveloped/nonexistent extroverted feeling, an inferior function for INTP's.

I cast my vote INTP.

W

WALMART

Isn't that contradictory? :huh:

No, because someday your logic will develop the function. Right now it is of no concern to you.

Also, MBTI isn't exactly what I would call a 'hard science'.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've given my thoughts based on ~5-10 posts, by reading only the original posts in each of the threads created specifically by them. I didn't create this post to analyze them and I'm not saying that they ultimately are the way I've described them. I took the basic information that I had a look at and compared it to my thoughts and actions.

Now it's time for the communication game, possibly limited to this topic.
Yes, of course. It's good you recognise it as a shallow assessment but it's also not the way you should go about typing yourself.. that relating to random segments of others' posts supposedly in your MBTI group. If you wish to try and relate to them, communicate, otherwise you should provide common examples of the way your mind works in receiving certain external information.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like being honest. :D

In their way. There's always many ways to deal with any situation, constantly asking for advice; that I see as being unconfident. If you can solve a problem (decide) yourself, why ask others to solve it (make a decision) for you? Think for yourself for once. :)
You sounded a lot like [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] there. :thinking: Perhaps you will relate to her style more.

W

WALMART

As far as I know, inferior function develops after the primary function. Then goes the rest, not sure in what order.

Because it isn't, I am not looking to put myself in a frame and live by the defined rules. I'm merely looking for what type I am according to it for curiosity purposes.

Ah, so you are simply misunderstood on functions.

The order: Primary, Secondary/Auxiliary, Tertiary, Inferior. The rest are "shadow functions" that persist through life and may be developed but are not typical to the MBTI type.

So for you: Introverted Thinking (Ti), Extroverted Intuition (Ne), Introverted Sensing (Si) and then Extroverted Feeling (Fe).

As I said, someday you may realize the utility extroverted feeling has, polarizing people is a sure way to get biased information.

(as you see, there is much I could attempt to correct you on, though I feel the application of such measures is nitpicking, moderately useless and inconsiderate to another's state of well-being.... /developedFe. INTP's don't have this problem, typically: they will crucify you for their perceived misstep of information)

W

WALMART

This is the order of "importance," not of the sequence by which they develop.

Extroverted feeling should let me feel for people and want to be respected, sometimes get a bit emotional and maybe not always base my decisions on logic. I'm unsure about this though.

Not sure what you meant by this.

I'd find it fair to say importance and order of development go hand in hand.

W

WALMART

Doesn't it make more sense that the main function needs balancing out?

It makes most sense to me what I said, the inferior (least preferred) function is the one you are least likely to use when developing other functions, as a young 21 year old is likely doing. Soon enough you'll have your fill of Ti and Ne and Si and start getting curious about what else there is to life, and statistically (according to MBTI ) you'll develop Fe.

I honestly don't know your intent of that post, I cannot follow the Ti scalpel as well as I can contextual understanding.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] and secretive about her type. (why isn't there a smile in shadows? Like the bandit smiley in Skype?)

It makes more sense to me this way: primary function develops first, then the inferior develops to balance out with the strong primary. Then Ne and Si as "helpers."

Generally, everyone uses every function. Typically 4 functions are used all the way and are developing slow until you're 30 or 40, unless you hasten that process consciously. The other 4 functions can be used, however that rarely happens, even rarer if one uses them extensively, as good as the primary and secondary functions. The inferior and Si (was it tertiary?) simply influences your decisions. The influence can depend if you are conscious about what manipulates your decisions shadowy from the bushes behind you. In that case, you can ignore identify that your decision isn't entirely based on feelings or logic and tailor it as if the inferior/Si wouldn't be influencing it.

That's my theory anyway.

Hm. Interesting. I'll post some articles with analysis when I get back to my computer, on my phone now.

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://personalityjunkie.com/intp-personal-growth/

Desire for Acclaim/Affirmation/Validation

As I’ve discussed elsewhere, Fe confers a strong desire for interpersonal affirmation and validation. While FJs tend to feel affirmed and validated in their routine interactions with people, INTPs have more difficulty connecting with others on the wavelength of feeling. Since their Fe is inferior, INTPs’ desire for affirmation can be more childlike and grandiose. They may be unsatisfied with a handful of others acknowledging their intelligence, but often desire something more. They may dream of doing something grand, something big, something that would bring them widespread affirmation.

While dreams and ambitions are not inherently bad, pursuing grandiose ideals is rarely in INTP’s best interests. As I’ve described elsewhere, this can lead them to rush through their work, devalue their relationships, and prevent them from savoring the journey of life. INTPs who are in a mad rush to prove themselves or produce something grandiose will invariably produce work of questionable quality, making it unlikely they will earn the affirmation they are seeking. They are better off taking their time, focusing on mastery and precision, both of which come quite naturally to their Ti. Rather than trying to create something entirely new (e.g., a new “theory of everything”) with hopes of being recognized as an ingenious creator, INTPs are generally better suited for refining (Ti) or expanding upon (Ne) existing theories. While rarely leading to quick fame, this approach allows INTPs to work more slowly and carefully (as T-dominants should), without a constant sense of time pressure. Only by working in this fashion will INTPs produce high-quality work that will stand the test of time. Both Darwin and Kant are good examples of theorists who displayed tremendous patience and methodicalness, delaying the publishing of their seminal works until later in life.

I like that site a lot, it has some interesting things to say about all the types. Not always the most flattering...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First and foremost - feel free to ask any questions.

I have always thought I am INTP, liked ENTPs, wanted to be INTJ, thought ENTJs are stupid. Reasons, respectively: Personality tests said so; they are fun, deduced from the movie character "Iron Man"; they achieve something; in the movies they are presented as those spitting fat guys, cleaning sweat from their foreheads and ordering everyone around to do everything. However, I have investigated more about the types recently, and I've found out that my information about the types wasn't all that well presented, including INTPs. I am even in doubt of what type I am!

I think this problem is partly here because I haven't had much experience yet.

Have you read any book descriptions of the types?