• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why am i an intp? Im not an intp.

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I dont know if this is the right section so sorry. K, so about me..
Im really quick to anger and i have really little self-control over it. Im not shy but i dont like people. I like the idea of humanity and society but not its individual people. I hate talking to people about everyday life and retarded shit but i can talk to people about the future, philosohphy, math, literature...pretty much anything academic. I can public speak very well though, i speak loud. People tend to patronize me, hence, my low self-esteem. I doubt myself a lot.
I dont think that i am an intp bc all the intps here are nothing like me. Im a true loser and im really awkward around people and all of the intps here, i cant relate too. Theyre nothing like me. I always thought i was weird and maybe it was cuz intps are kinda rare but im still weird even among the intps so i guess i really am weird.
And ill admit that im an attention-whore, even though i dont lile social interaction, i like attention. Thats why i like to public speak. Im also selfish i guess. I use to think aspergers but i dont. I dont think im intp because i have emotions that i express. Actually im only good at expressing anger. Im really awkward and i just really dont like people. Like ill see someone, and instantly not like that person.
So since i judge, i thought id get j but guess not. For the enneagram or whatever i got 5 but maybe 1 or 3 and that annoys me becase its not solid...anyway, what do you think i am?

seradane

MBTI Type
INFJ
In some ways you sound like an INFP I know - filtered through the masculine need to be a bit more independant and less reliant on people. He too was very quick to feel like people were patronising or 'not respecting' him, and so he would sort of instantly dislike other people in (what I suspect) was a way to avoid getting hurt. i.e. if you don't like them, well then it doesn't matter if they don't like you, etc

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well you're 100% type 5 for enneagram, that I know. A lot of 5s are intps, its pretty much that or intj if you're a 5, but there are some rare infps out there. The thing about intp 5s is that we do have emotions, we just don't want to express them and we're better at thinking than feeling.

T types have the capacity for emotion just like F types have the capacity to understand math. Not as good as the other guys but we manage.

How I generally distinguish between intp and intj 5s though is when you get angry, how long do you stay angry? intp 5s will get distracted by their thoughts or by something around them but still want to be left alone, and intjs will just keep being pissed at the world.

hope this helped.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im really quick to anger and i have really little self-control over it. Im not shy but i dont like people. I like the idea of humanity and society but not its individual people. I hate talking to people about everyday life but i can talk to people about the future, philosohphy, math, literature...pretty much anything academic.
That does sound like INTP, and liking "the idea of people" is something I was identifying with even before I knew about temperament and type, which then explained it.

INTP (along with other TP's and FJ's) are "enigmatic" in having a part of themselves that likes people with a part that does not. NTP's are "informing" in Interaction Style (xNP), which is people-focused, but the NT is "structure-focused", which basically rejects people.
I find that I have always "liked who people are, but not what they DO". So when you say you don't like "individual" people, think, is it really the way they do things you don't like?

Also, when you do engage them, the stuff you're talking about sounds more NT'ish.

As for not seeming like other INTP's, I had this problem too, and what I found is that there is a fifth temperament INP's can fall into. A traditional Phlegmatic will be a typical INTP who is calm and cool and less emotional.
But there is also something called Supine, that is similar on the surface (in being reserved and people-focused), but has more of an emotional energy, and desire for attention (acceptance, really), and fear of rejection. So they might seem more like a Feeler (And most of them are, except for the ones who are NT).

So coupled with the NT being the diametrically opposite Choleric (who is quick to anger and rejects people, yet is also quick to approach them for some goal, such as personal interests), you will waver back and forth between accepting and rejecting people.

Do you identify with these:
http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-of-Inclusion/supine-inclusion.htm
http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-of-Control/choleric-control.htm