• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Poll Time

What's my JCF type?

• INFP

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ENFP

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ISTJ

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ESFP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• Total voters

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lmao, you think you're INTJ now? I don't know you very well, but you're very very clearly not.

My guess is INFP, although I could also see INTP or ENFP. Nowhere near INTJ, though.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lmao, you think you're INTJ now? I don't know you very well, but you're very very clearly not.

My guess is INFP, although I could also see INTP or ENFP. Nowhere near INTJ, though.

For what reason? I'm curious.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think you are an ISFP because I know enough ISFPs to say you don't seem like one. I also know a number of ENFPs, and you don't seem like one of those either. (I posted in passing without thinking.) INFP just fits best imo.

But aren't those people that you know in real life, and thus people that you know better than me?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For what reason? I'm curious.

I haven't seen you post a single analytical thing on the forum. It's all either introspection (IN) or fluff (FP).

But mostly you just don't vibe like an INTJ in any way.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't seen you post a single analytical thing on the forum. It's all either introspection (IN) or fluff (FP).

But mostly you just don't vibe like an INTJ in any way.

Wait a second, when you mention IN and FP, I presume that you must be talking about MBTI dichotomies? In that regard, there may be a bit of confusion here; I am trying to find my Jung Cognitive Function type. Dichotomy wise, I would consider myself a INFJ or INFP.

On second thought, I think a new thread is in order . . .

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont know you very well, but I'd say you are no INTJ. INTJs vibe differently and do not let their Fi ooze so generously when they speak, ime.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Savage Idealist INTJ Debate.

Some . . . many don't consider me to be INTJ. I don't seem to fit the function mold according to others (whom think I am xxFP), others say that I don't have the INTJ vibe, etc. However, I have yet to see any argument strong enough to convince me otherwise. So I suppose I'll list my own reasons for why I considered INTJ in the first place.

I felt doubtful over past judgments concerning type; that perhaps I had been wrong and that I misinterpreted myself, or the information somewhere in the typing process. So I did some thinking upon the matter, or rather random bits of introspection over an extended period of time until I came upon an impression that I was in fact something different than what I had hitherto perceived.

So I started by narrowing down all the possible function that I felt were illustrative of my being. I immediately disregarded Fe/Ti types in favor of some sort of Te/Fi user. Any sort of moral or value that I possess is one strictly exclusive to me, plain and simple. I also appreciate certain authorities (NOT societal authorities) that can bring objective data and facts that are indisputable to opinion; case in point, judging the quality of a movie not so much by myself, but more so by what Rotten Tomatoes has to say about it.

So then the next step was deciding upon the S/N split, or Se/Ni vs. Si/Ne. However I could not fully relate to either completely, but over time I started to wonder if Ni made more sense, as I could see that my thought pattern might fit that function better. To gain better clarity, I submitting a long questionnaire, anonymously, on the website PersonalityNation. For reference sake, please read the entire thread here (note: not that long to read, it's only a couple pages):

http://www.personalitynation.com/observatory/6266-casual-typing.html

It was here that the idea of an INTJ in an Ni-Fi loop, or INTJ with weak Te started to make more sense. That any 'NFness' was nothing more than the duality of Ni and Fi being on par with each other. That all my weaknesses in life could be attributed to the combination of undeveloped Te (inability to get shit done or fully adhere to greater authorities) and inferior Se (unchecked hedonism, laziness, and a restrained hold on my more bloodthirsty and immediate desires).

Additionally, certain moral opinions that I held in the past I have come to look back on are ideas which I no longer hold value. I have learned to see a different side to things, although I suppose that while I don't believe some past morals, I do have new contemporary values.

In short that is why I considered myself to be INTJ. All counter-arguments are welcome.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where is your Ni in either this post or the one on personalitynation? Show it to us.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sense Si somewhere about.

G

Glycerine

Your current persona seems rather forced like you are trying way too hard. It doesn't seem relaxed like when there is natural vibe. But in the end, it's your call... you don't need to convince us.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If you were able to immediately dismiss Fe/Ti in favor of Fi/Te, and have trouble distinguishing between perception styles, doesn't this suggest that Fi or Te are your secondary function, since you are consciously aware of this strong aspect of your personality? I think you have Te right in this circumstance, since objective facts and data lend credence to a person's authority (the auxiliary is the most authoritarian function, after all).

I would suggest that you are an ISTJ. I don't think you have dominant Ni, mostly on account of the doubts that you express in your second paragraph. The anxiety raised by the concern over the possibility of misinterpreted data sounds a lot like how inferior Ne manifests itself. That's also the case with the "random" nature of the introspection; you kept juggling possibilities until you had no solid grounding inside, and were instead left with a vague sense of not being who you are. That's what being caught in the inferior is like.

Your solution was to narrow down all those possibilities, using introverted judgment, and this caught your Fi. That's probably why others think you're an xxFP, if you judge via Fi regularly during times of stress and being overwhelmed by possibilities.

When trying to decide between Si/Ne and Ni/Se, you were unable to distinctly choose between possibilities, another aspect of inferior Ne at play. You then say that your consideration of Ni hinged on it fitting your thought patterns better. This, in and of itself, makes it fairly clear that Ni is not your dominant function, for if it were, you wouldn't be able to consider it in terms of observable thought patterns. Instead, it would be the observer. In this case, the observing "you" is matching descriptions to patterns. The thought patterns you could observe were likely that inferior Ne. You could square away with the search for unseen possibilities, but not with the extraversion. Ni was a better fit in that context, but it had everything to do with an interpretation of the observed, and not of the observer.

This works well enough to construct a persona, and theories about why that persona operates as it does. It gives you a set of known explanations to counter any doubts you might have about your adopted persona being your real self. It allows you to blame yourself for your insecurities and perceived failures in life, but compartmentalizes them to the point that they can exist without having to be observed in detail. However, you said it yourself earlier: if it were anyone else trying to convince you of this, you would want hard facts and indisputable data that would ground you in the basis of the argument in reality.

Your observer, I am guessing, continues to subtly seek out this conversation, understanding that this persona is a mask that keeps your true self hidden from the world. This mask deflects outside stimuli from disrupting the stability of your inner world, but it betrays you in the process. In fact, you do not need this mask, because the doubts and threatening possibilities cannot disrupt the peace and serenity of your inner sense of stability, if you permit yourself to trust in it. Your observer, that is, who you actually are, doesn't rely on authorities to determine truth, since he is capable of it himself if he has the facts and data. He doesn't have to worry about overlooking something, because he can always go and look again. He can confidently change his beliefs, because they are his beliefs, and he would only change them for a good reason.

ISTJ sounds right.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
- people in an Ni-Fi loop are highly avoidant, paranoid and liable to become obsessed with conspiracy theories. (@The Great One has a friend who is either an INTJ or ISFP in an Fi-Ni loop and I see none of the cognitive function related neurosis that he describes in you).
- I see Ne all over your posts :newwink: (it's just there, and it's obvious to anyone who is also an Ne user)
- you are clearly more comfortable using Fi than Te. it's clear from your post that Te is the relief function for your Fi and not the other way around
- despite what you may think about yourself, from your videos and the few phone conversations we've had, you seem like a very friendly, sociable, likable person. you have an engaging quality to you that is very non-INTJ.

I think you are a healthy ENFP 6w7>1w9>4w3 Sp/So who is developing Te and doesn't fit the touchy-feely rainbows and unicorns, social butterfly stereotype of the ENFP.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait a second, when you mention IN and FP, I presume that you must be talking about MBTI dichotomies? In that regard, there may be a bit of confusion here; I am trying to find my Jung Cognitive Function type. Dichotomy wise, I would consider myself a INFJ or INFP.
Pardon my ignorance, but how are these different?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You could be an INTJ. Anime avatar, borderline aspie, ponce-y prose, and Ni-Fi hissy fits [WHY THE FUCK WAS MY THREAD MOVED!?!?!?!?!11?!?!!].

But I'd say IsFP.

wolfy

awsm
You could be an INTJ. Anime avatar, borderline aspie, ponce-y prose, and Ni-Fi hissy fits [WHY THE FUCK WAS MY THREAD MOVED!?!?!?!?!11?!?!!].

But I'd say IsFP.

Seriously? Every man and his dog ends up as isfp. Going off the deep end is infp territory.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Seriously? Every man and his dog ends up as isfp. Going off the deep end is infp territory.

Fi-Ni fits his self-reporting and behavior better! But I'd allow INFP as well. The little "s" was my out.