• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay so it's me again...

Nicki

Retired
Do you get angrier over a lack of linear logic or a lack of emotional sensitivity?
Do you relate more to appearing amiable but being distant, or appearing distant but being amiable?
Rank introvertedness on a scale of 1-10
Do you believe what is moral is contextual or is consistent, regardless of most situations?
Do you have strong emotional reactions to what you believe is right or wrong- or do you find yourself having to debate with yourself in order to discern what is truly right and wrong?
Are you perceptive?
Provocative? However you choose to take that.
Do you intentionally debate or find it happening, perhaps offending those around you.
Are you viewed as an egotist?

A lack of linear logic, to be honest.

Hmm, I'm not sure, I guess appearing distant but being amiable. A few close friends usually are surprised that I'm so talkative and opinionated when they first talk to me.

I honestly get really excited when talking but when something irks me about a conversation, I might need to recharge and think about it for a while so maybe 3.

Hmm, that's a very good question. Contextual, I'm pretty sure.

Debating with myself in order to discern what is truly right and wrong. First, I hear/see something that doesn't sit right with me, and I ask myself why, and try to figure out what exactly bothered me and why I think it's right or wrong.

I feel like I'm perceptive, not trying to sound conceited.

Haha definitely. Everyone either hates or loves me, no exaggeration. It's actually somewhat odd.

I really like to debate and I find it happening a lot. I naturally state my opinion no matter how much someone or a group of people disagree with me. I really hate debating though, when it turns into an argument because someone took something personally.

Somewhat, though I'm not sure how since I'm pretty aware of my flaws/weaknesses. I can be a know-it-all :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lack of linear logic, to be honest.
More to ENTP

Hmm, I'm not sure, I guess appearing distant but being amiable. A few close friends usually are surprised that I'm so talkative and opinionated when they first talk to me.
Trick question. No answer in mind. Makes me think ENFP.

I honestly get really excited when talking but when something irks me about a conversation, I might need to recharge and think about it for a while so maybe 3.
Sounds more like Fi. ENFP.

Hmm, that's a very good question. Contextual, I'm pretty sure.
More related to Fe, I believe. So, ENTP.

Debating with myself in order to discern what is truly right and wrong. First, I hear/see something that doesn't sit right with me, and I ask myself why, and try to figure out what exactly bothered me and why I think it's right or wrong.
More so ENTP

I feel like I'm perceptive, not trying to sound conceited.
Sounds more like ENTP. But you did say you weren't trying to sound conceited... :tongue:

Haha definitely. Everyone either hates or loves me, no exaggeration. It's actually somewhat odd.
I think that is more of an Ne thing, really.

I really like to debate and I find it happening a lot. I naturally state my opinion no matter how much someone or a group of people disagree with me. I really hate debating though, when it turns into an argument because someone took something personally.

Sounds more ENFP, with some ENTP stuff going on behind the scenes.

Somewhat, though I'm not sure how since I'm pretty aware of my flaws/weaknesses. I can be a know-it-all :D

Tough too.

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs and ENTPs, you appear to be an ENFP. But you don't seem like an irrational, belligerent one, like so many that I know.

Nicki

Retired
More to ENTP

Trick question. No answer in mind. Makes me think ENFP.

Sounds more like Fi. ENFP.

More related to Fe, I believe. So, ENTP.

More so ENTP

Sounds more like ENTP. But you did say you weren't trying to sound conceited... :tongue:

I think that is more of an Ne thing, really.

Sounds more ENFP, with some ENTP stuff going on behind the scenes.

Tough too.

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs and ENTPs, you appear to be an ENFP. But you don't seem like an irrational, belligerent one, like so many that I know.

How though? Haha thanks.

Nicki

Retired
Oh I wasn't doubting what you said, I was just looking for an explanation.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although 14 is sometimes considered too young to determine an MBTI type accurately (for good reason.) I dare say that from your experiences and how you dealt with them as well as answers to questions which you've provided, to my knowledge you give a strong impression of being an ENFJ. However I would not discount ENTJ, but check out ENFJ's definitely.

I remember a few times when I was around 5-7, she beat me with a belt but I'm not sure if that's actually abusive or not. She kept saying I was possessed by the devil since the age of 6 and I can hear her playing to God many times to fix me.

Unless it was because you did something equally abusive like physically hurting your siblings, or someone else in such a way and discipline through corporal punishment is acceptable in your culture, then that generally falls under the category of abuse. As hard as it is to accept such an idea, it really just depends if that was done for appropriate reasons and not because of a parents lack of emotional self control. (although some communities are a little too uncomfortable with corporal punishment for discipline, and others are not uncomfortable enough. In a way eye for an eye is a middle ground.). Also the second part is not exactly something a 6 year old needs to hear.

Nicki

Retired
Although 14 is sometimes considered too young to determine an MBTI type accurately (for good reason.) I dare say that from your experiences and how you dealt with them as well as answers to questions which you've provided, to my knowledge you give a strong impression of being an ENFJ. However I would not discount ENTJ, but check out ENFJ's definitely.

Unless it was because you did something equally abusive like physically hurting your siblings, or someone else in such a way and discipline through corporal punishment is acceptable in your culture, then that generally falls under the category of abuse. As hard as it is to accept such an idea, it really just depends if that was done for appropriate reasons and not because of a parents lack of emotional self control. (although some communities are a little too uncomfortable with corporal punishment for discipline, and others are not uncomfortable enough. In a way eye for an eye is a middle ground.). Also the second part is not exactly something a 6 year old needs to hear.

How so for ENFJ? I'm really curious, as I could maybe be an ENTJ with well developed Fi since I think as I was living in my shadow for quite a while, I might have developed Fi more. Though I'm not discounting ENFJ. I think she beat me like every time I got angry at her or refused to eat the food she made. I seriously consider school lunch gourmet food compared to the food she cooks. She used to blend chicken, spinach, and water together and it was disgusting. I was a pretty violent child and only recently, did I learn that violence is never the answer unless in dire circumstances. I thought so too. Thanks for replying by the way!

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's mostly just the impression you give, and comparing you to other ENFJ's I knew at your age and how they dealt with similar experiences, I know it's probably a vague and unsatisfying answer but it's how I work when I don't have something to look back on. You very well could also be ENTJ, and perhaps we just need more comparative differences to tell. Also, how are you experiencing Fi? I guess the difference between the Fe and Te would come down to how you interact with people around you.
Do you strive for consistency?
How well do you tolerate faults in others, especially when they seem unreasonable to you?
When you try to be organise, why are you doing it exactly? Where you taught or made to do so, or do you do it out of convenience?
I would ask your truthful opinion on how people responded to your thread, but without risking insulting anyone I'll ask what is your own opinion of my line of reasoning and how I've responded?

Well with cooking like that I truly don't blame you. Nothing better than a potentially crushed sandwich for school eh? Her reaction sounds over the top to me.
Were you violent because it would get you the results you wanted? Or was it just suppressed rage? Yes, violence isn't necessary alot of the time.
I used to be pretty violent as a kid as well, mainly because I felt that I had to be at the time. Didn't take long before I was that "crazy kid" down the road that'll chase you with a metal pole if you pissed him off and would get you back for slights. Slowly grew out of it though but at the time I was being encouraged to "project power" to attain my goals, which I now detest. Sometimes we are just that way because our environment demands us to be, and we just don't know better.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could follow you well, when I read the first couple of sentences I thought ENTJ. I agree there's definately the whole Te/Fi thing happening, but both ENFP and ENTJ do that...lol...My answer to one of the questions was definately distant but amiable, I think that's a big thing in my life, and that's why people either like me or they don't. Random question...but do you think you talk really fast in real life, compared to others?

Nicki

Retired
It's mostly just the impression you give, and comparing you to other ENFJ's I knew at your age and how they dealt with similar experiences, I know it's probably a vague and unsatisfying answer but it's how I work when I don't have something to look back on. You very well could also be ENTJ, and perhaps we just need more comparative differences to tell. Also, how are you experiencing Fi? I guess the difference between the Fe and Te would come down to how you interact with people around you.
Do you strive for consistency?
How well do you tolerate faults in others, especially when they seem unreasonable to you?
When you try to be organise, why are you doing it exactly? Where you taught or made to do so, or do you do it out of convenience?
I would ask your truthful opinion on how people responded to your thread, but without risking insulting anyone I'll ask what is your own opinion of my line of reasoning and how I've responded?

Well with cooking like that I truly don't blame you. Nothing better than a potentially crushed sandwich for school eh? Her reaction sounds over the top to me.
Were you violent because it would get you the results you wanted? Or was it just suppressed rage? Yes, violence isn't necessary alot of the time.
I used to be pretty violent as a kid as well, mainly because I felt that I had to be at the time. Didn't take long before I was that "crazy kid" down the road that'll chase you with a metal pole if you pissed him off and would get you back for slights. Slowly grew out of it though but at the time I was being encouraged to "project power" to attain my goals, which I now detest. Sometimes we are just that way because our environment demands us to be, and we just don't know better.

Oh okay. What do you mean? Hmm I guess whenever I'm experiencing an emotion, I look within myself to figure out why it's happening. The development of Fi really gave me a moral compass that made me stop being violent actually.

DEFINITELY! I try to be consistent at all times. I hate inconsistency in others because it usually leads to hypocrisy. I organize to try to reach an important goal. I do so out of convenience. Well I understand your line of reasoning because something when someone seems a lot like other MBTI types, I usually assume their type is similar. Haha, it really did suck. She usually tried to make eat her food by forbidding me to eat for a day but I'm glad I was, and still am, stubborn as hell, because I snuck food out from the kitchen from time to time. ;D I'm a rebel. I was violent because it would get me the results I wanted most of the time but I guess some of it was suppressed rage. Why, if you don't mind me asking? I agree with you there. :/

Nicki

Retired
I could follow you well, when I read the first couple of sentences I thought ENTJ. I agree there's definately the whole Te/Fi thing happening, but both ENFP and ENTJ do that...lol...My answer to one of the questions was definately distant but amiable, I think that's a big thing in my life, and that's why people either like me or they don't. Random question...but do you think you talk really fast in real life, compared to others?

Hmm usually, I talk somewhat slow to be avoid saying anything that might offend others or saying something stupid. I talk really fast though when I'm actually into what I'm saying which is around 3/4s of the time.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm usually, I talk somewhat slow to be avoid saying anything that might offend others or saying something stupid. I talk really fast though when I'm actually into what I'm saying which is around 3/4s of the time.

I'm going to say ENFP. It's only based on what has been said in this thread, but I don't get the feeling that you're an ENTJ looking at all of your answers to everyone. I definately see you using Ne...I feel like you're looking at all sides of something a lot more than a primary Te user does, especially at the age 14. I could be wrong. Also I think your Fi is developed more because it's your second function, you're waaay polite :), not that all ENTJ's are rude, but I am not usually taking a second away to "look within" and figure out what's happening, that's where my anger bottles up...ENFP and ENTJ can both be look like angry people a lot of the time because of our Te...and Fi.... You're Te is probably developed as well, atleast a little, that may be why you talk really fast when you're into something.

Do you find that you are in and out of moods easily? I only know one ENFP in real life, and they can be really happy then really angry all of a sudden, but they try to stay even tempered all day(doesn't always work)...I feel like an ENTJ would be over something once they vent...and ENFP can take something to a personal level and may not be done with it until they stew a little...or my friend just may be a silly goose lol... any thoughts?

Nicki

Retired
I'm going to say ENFP. It's only based on what has been said in this thread, but I don't get the feeling that you're an ENTJ looking at all of your answers to everyone. I definately see you using Ne...I feel like you're looking at all sides of something a lot more than a primary Te user does, especially at the age 14. I could be wrong. Also I think your Fi is developed more because it's your second function, you're waaay polite :), not that all ENTJ's are rude, but I am not usually taking a second away to "look within" and figure out what's happening, that's where my anger bottles up...ENFP and ENTJ can both be look like angry people a lot of the time because of our Te...and Fi.... You're Te is probably developed as well, atleast a little, that may be why you talk really fast when you're into something.

Do you find that you are in and out of moods easily? I only know one ENFP in real life, and they can be really happy then really angry all of a sudden, but they try to stay even tempered all day(doesn't always work)...I feel like an ENTJ would be over something once they vent...and ENFP can take something to a personal level and may not be done with it until they stew a little...or my friend just may be a silly goose lol... any thoughts?

Ah okay. Thanks! You too! Hmm I used to be exactly like that, but I was depressed at the time. Now I find that I'm usually a calm sort of satisfied.

Burger King

I had to choose a name and Loki was what I was reading up on during the time I found this site. Oh and Loki from the Norse mythology, not the Loki from The Avengers hehe, though I like his character.

Nicki

Retired
I had to choose a name and Loki was what I was reading up on during the time I found this site. Oh and Loki from the Norse mythology, not the Loki from The Avengers hehe, though I like his character.

Ah that sounds interesting. How is Loki like in the Norse mythology? I heard he gave birth to an eight-legged horse. Oh haha, same here. I think he's a really complicated character.

Burger King

I see you listed as 3w4, so it's safe to assume you know enneagram. :)

Norse mythology Loki may have been a 7. The whole trickster/mischief thing seems 7-ish, though that's a cliche.

As for The Avenger Loki, I've only seen the movies. He seems like a definite 4 there. Probably 4w3 - passion of envy + image frustrations.

edit: Just realized that I'm sooo derailing your thread. Srry. Have you figured out your type yet? Leaning towards ENTJ or ENFP?