• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Starting to doubt Enneatype: 2w3, 3w2, 4w3, 7w6, or 7w8?

S

SingSmileShine

Okay. I know a lot of you have seen me around, most likely. You also probably know that I've always identified as a 7w6, but I've recently started to question that. So, I guess I'll just talk about myself a little. I'm 16, by the way. Going on 17. ENFP to a T.

I'll start by saying I love to talk about myself. I'm quite interested in myself, for better or worse. At the same time, though, outwardly, I put all of my energy into others. I care so much about others and will often befriend the "misfit" to make sure they have a friend. I've been told that I've saved lives before. I want to pursue some sort of therapy in my life because I adore helping others out. It often makes me help myself. As much empathy as I have towards others, sometimes I feel conflicted. Sometimes people come to me all the time, for everything, because of how open I am to listen. I always help out, but I'm so used to fighting through my own pain that I sometimes get frustrated, even though I'm the one who offers help.

In the end, though, my warmth towards others and concern and premature maternal instinct is the thing about me that comes second in my list of things I like about myself (again, I really like myself.) My number one thing is my courage. I have been dealt a lot of crappy cards in life in terms of mental health and things like that, and it's shaped me into a resourceful person (again, sorry if I sound prideful, I am a bit pridey) who has the strength to fight through anything and I really love the aspect of bravery that I have. I know I can do anything in the entire world and have extreme confidence and faith in the fact that I will achieve my goals. I want to be on Broadway, and that is the number one thing in life that I will do. If nothing else, that is what I will do. Period. I won't stop until I do. So, in the end, I like my bravery/confidence/self-assured side the most. At the same time, though, I'm extremely driven and perfectionistic to a fault. I HAVE to be the best. It's led to an eating disorder - I won't stop until I feel happy with my body and often sacrifice hanging out with friends to go to the gym and avoid some social gatherings due to the presence of food. But, again, I'm a fighter. That's my number one thing I pride myself on.

My number one goal in life is to be happy. That's the only thing I feel I need in life. But my success Broadway-wise is what will dictate a huge portion of my happiness.

Personality-wise, I'm extremely enthusiastic, passionate, opinionated, and outspoken. I have huge dreams and I'm really idealistic and optimistic - I know in my heart that there is a silver lining and it's impossible to beat me down or ruin my spirit. I'm also very odd and different and eccentric and quirky - always have been. But I’m very nice and everyone knows me as the selfless and sweet one who doesn't have a mean bone in her body. And I love that reputation. I am a leader - not a follower. I’m a very complex and many-layered and chaotic person inside and I don’t even know what on earth is going through my own mind half the time. I'm very speculative and introspective.

I'm a performer. That's pretty much me in every aspect. I live to perform onstage, I love to make others laugh and love the spotlight.

Overall, to sum it up, I'm a fighter. I fight to be the best, to achieve what I want, and to entertain others. I just want to be happy. I feel most at home when I'm onstage, and second most-at-home when I'm helping others. Life is too short to be anything but happy, in my opinion. And I'm odd and weird as hell.

Sorry I sound like an egoist. ;)

Any enneatype help at all is appreciated. I'm thinking maybe I'm not a 7w6 and that maybe a 2w3 or a 3w2 is a better fit. Thanks!

S

SingSmileShine

Oh - and I'm also extremely sensitive. Criticisms, others' feelings, etc. I'm extremely emotional. But I always have to put on a brave face or else I'll feel like I've failed.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14764]SingSmileShine[/MENTION]
I'm seeing ENFP 7w6>3w2>1w2 So/?? (possibly 3w2 first, but honestly you sound more 7w6, just a scrappier 7w6)
Edit: actually, I wouldn't rule out 6w7, though I'm sticking with 7w6 for now

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You sound very 2w3-ish.

But ... Self-lessness and giving isn't simply for Type 2's. Type 3's [especially Type 3w2's] can be extremely altruistic as well, but they need to make altruism a goal and then slowly take on traits and mimic behaviours that would make them appear altruistic to themselves as well as others.

Core 2's are very self-less [especially on higher levels], however, there are two things that separate 2w3's from 3w2's in my opinion:

1. 2w3's feel an inherent need to be giving. They can't stop giving till they reach a point where they're getting absolutely nothing that they want in return. They're out of touch with their personal needs and even their idea of success will revolve around someone else's success. This is one reason why it's a dependent type. A 2w3 may never truly be independent, especially at average to low levels. They need to integrate to 4 in order to become independent.

2. 2w3's are not very concerned about personal success/failure ambition especially if there is someone else whose needs need to be cared for. They fear rejection above all else and define their success through how helpful they are.

3w2's on the other hand can be independent in their altruism, but be more demanding of praise because it feeds their feelings of worth. They define their sense of self-worth through what they do and if helping others is what gets them at praise and feelings of worth, then that's what they'll continue to do as long as they're getting appreciated for it in some way. Once the appreciation stops, they see it as a failure of sorts [whereas a 2w3 will see it as a rejection] and start numbing out .. retreating into themselves trying to re-organize their image. In the case of 3w4's, they struggle with image/authenticity and if they realize that they're not as giving as they were trying to be, they will simply stop and move on to something else that would make them feel worthy.

As a whole, you'll have to figure out whether you're a core 2, or a core 3 ... From your OP, 7w6 doesn't seem to be your core type --- but I could be wrong.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I don't think 7s are so concerned with failure and success, and their happiness doesn't depend so much on it.

I don't think 2w3s can honestly describe themselves as not having a mean bone in their body. It's something that's suppressed, maybe, but it's obviously there.

I think 2w3 is the most likely, but you don't seem like a sp/so. Pick something else :shrug:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on this info alone, I would go with 3w2, I'm not sure why, but it seems like your helping is almost to a point of just wanting people to like you. (Again, no valid evidence to back that up.) Perfectionism, general wanting to be best appears 3 to me. Definitely not a 7w6 based on this. Only similarity is that you're upbeat and want to perform. Much more 3ish. 7's just want stimulation for the sake of stimulation, it's not about going to the top or being the best. Can't tell your instinctual variants based on this.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think 7s are so concerned with failure and success, and their happiness doesn't depend so much on it.
I don't think 2w3s can honestly describe themselves as not having a mean bone in their body. It's something that's suppressed, maybe, but it's obviously there.
I think 2w3 is the most likely, but you don't seem like a sp/so. Pick something else :shrug:

I don't think a 2w3 would
- mistype as a 7w8
- describe themselves as choleric (well, choleric-sanguine)
looking at it again, I think core 3w2 works nicely (with a 7 fix and a 1w2 fix) probably So/Sx

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp