• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with Enneatype/Tri-Type Order

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have recently begun to question the order of my tri-type, wondering whether my dominant type is actually correct. I used to feel fairly confident that I was, at my core, a type One. However, as time passes and I become happier (and healthier?), I feel less asphyxiated by it. I still relate to the personality type, but only as much as I relate to a couple of others; in other words, I am no longer certain which type I am out of three possible candidates.

I consistently test high with types One, Four, and Seven - significantly higher than the other six. They're within very close range of each other, too; I read type descriptions and all three sound like me. I have always identified very strongly with my tri-type because I feel it represents the most accurate, complete picture of my personality.

Now I'm debating how One I really am and what my ordering might actually be, and was hoping you guys could offer some new perspectives and extra knowledge. If'n you'd be so kind.

So, some background information about me:
- I'm an only child.
- I had a very unhappy childhood, socially. The emotional pain endured from elementary to high school, and it was borderline excruciating.
- I was the kid who had trophies everywhere, from all spheres - art shows, academia, and athletics.
- I've always been hard on myself. Even when I was really little, I felt some need to achieve perfection. A B+ was a failure.
- I'm now a 24-year-old sports photographer. I really like my job.
- I try to do the best job that I can. I'm very critical of my work.
- My choice of dress has always been on the subversive side. I don't care to associate with any subculture; I wear what I like, and sometimes it just happens to be eccentric. Frequently. Mostly.
- Men make me feel like a woman, but other women usually make me feel like a man. I tend to choose male companionship, but it's hard to relate to others in general.
- I work out regularly, 4-5 times a week.
- I daydream constantly, 24 hours a day.
- I am not religious, but I do believe in something. I have respect for life and sense a sort of...interconnected energy.
- I'm mostly critical of myself. I don't really project my standards onto others. I exercise because I want to; it would be irritating for my acquaintances if I preached to them about why they should, too.
- I am an anxious person.
- I'm always overloaded with emotion, for which I need to seek outlets of expression.
- I don't understand people who get bored. I'm not even sure I know what boredom is. There's never enough time to do all the fun things I want to do.
- I'm very open to new experiences and like to collect new skills. I love a good adrenaline rush.
- I seem to have abandonment fears and commitment fears, simultaneously.
- I've never had fantasies about getting married and starting a family. The idea alone feels suffocating. Do not want.
- Sometimes, I think I act out when I'm feeling stressed. I have been known to get drunk with friends, maybe make an ass of myself, and then feel really embarrassed later.
- I relate to the film Black Swan. There's a constant push/pull in my personality. I can be a demon and a saint, a walking contradiction, secretly at war with myself. I want perfection and know that I should behave in a certain way, but I have quite the inner party animal.
- My sex drive is ridiculous.
- I hate feeling boxed in. Ideally, I want every day to be different.
- I recently took a vacation with my boyfriend. We went hiking, zip-lining, kayaking, and ice skating. It was one of the best vacations I've ever had.
- My instinctual variant is Sx/Sp.
- I don't doubt that I'm an INFJ. I know there are some people who believe INFJ Sevens are next to impossible, and I disagree with them. It's rare, maybe. But not impossible.
- Of my four preferences, judging is the weakest. Introversion and (especially) intuition are the most extreme.

What sorts of questions should I be asking myself to gain clarification? Any feedback would be much appreciated. :blush:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION]
much of this has little to do with enneagram, but given the information provided, I think you're
3w4>1w9>6w7 Sx/Sp

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION]
much of this has little to do with enneagram, but given the information provided, I think you're
3w4>1w9>6w7 Sx/Sp

Thanks for your perspective. What do you think I should be asking myself?

While I do see how you might arrive at Three (especially based on my need to perform well), I've always found little (if any) identification with descriptions of this type, at any stage of health. Same thing with Six; I used to relate just a little bit more when I was younger, but not so much at all now (save for my nervous energy). I know Sixes are supposed to be the most contradictory of the types, but I suspect this sensation is brought around in myself due to the presence of One and Seven butting heads over situational stuff. Goodness/perfection vs. pleasure/indulgence. So again - what kind of information would be enneagram-related and helpful to think about? I know I'm 1, 4, and 7...just uncertain of which one's actually my main squeeze.

[MENTION=15799]acronach[/MENTION] - Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I have time.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when i was on the page looking at the mention, all i saw was "my main squeeze acronach" then i clicked on the link and saw it was a different paragraph

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when i was on the page looking at the mention, all i saw was "my main squeeze acronach" then i clicked on the link and saw it was a different paragraph

Haha! Sorry for the accidental creep-out.

I read the descriptions on the link - too bad they've only got Ones and Fives covered so far. Between 1-4-7 and 1-7-4, the former suits me best; I don't think I'm very dramatic (regarding interpersonal relationships, anyway), nor do I see myself as excessively selfish or scattered. Both descriptions felt like pretty good fits, but 1-4-7 was especially so. Maybe I got it right the first time.