• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ a 6 ? Sound Right?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently was told i was not a 5w6 which is what i first tested for...then i took a second test and it came out 6w7....I DO NOT think i have anything in common with a 7...I could be completely wrong though...I have only been looking at the descriptions...and not the "motivations or fears" of the type...that's what the person said...any help in figuring this out? meep!

Burger King

List your top 3 results, and perhaps reasons as to why you think you are each one (If it's not too personal that is).

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
List your top 3 results, and perhaps reasons as to why you think you are each one (If it's not too personal that is).

Well I just took the test again...and It's 5 all across the board now..

I think I'm a 6 because I identify with EVERY SINGLE one of these bullet points...BUT this is me at my WORST.... I feel like i'm supposed to be a 3 or something at my best but i just don't care about the way I look to others...and it seems as if 3's do ... I'm so confused :doh: *sighs*

The Questioner (the Six)
Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me

Be direct and clear.
Listen to me carefully.
Don't judge me for my anxiety.
Work things through with me.
Reassure me that everything is OK between us.
Laugh and make jokes with me.
Gently push me toward new experiences.
Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a Six

being committed and faithful to family and friends
being responsible and hardworking
being compassionate toward others
having intellect and wit
being a nonconformist
confronting danger bravely
being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Six

the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Sixes as Children Often

are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Sixes as Parents

are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
worry more than most that their children will get hurt
sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, of course. We can find Type 6 people of any MBTI types.

Examples of Type 6 ENTJ:

22402_s.jpg

Cheney.jpg

limbaugh.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

I read one of your earlier posts re emotional attachment in close relations, and I'd say, that 5w6 suits you.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I just took the test again...and It's 5 all across the board now..

I think I'm a 6 because I identify with EVERY SINGLE one of these bullet points...BUT this is me at my WORST.... I feel like i'm supposed to be a 3 or something at my best but i just don't care about the way I look to others...and it seems as if 3's do ... I'm so confused :doh: *sighs*

Your correct type is the one that describes you at your worst. It's how you end up thoughtlessly reacting to situations. In the case of the 6, your initial reaction is to either distrust or to attempt to establish trust, even when the issue of "trust" is irrelevant. This extends to trust in oneself, hence the issues with self-confidence.

Also, ENTJ 6 is not that rare, 3rd most common ENTJ type, after 8 (of course) and 3 (duh):
MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

rav3n

Don't know too many ENTJ 6s but of the ones known, they lean towards counterphobic 6s.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your correct type is the one that describes you at your worst. It's how you end up thoughtlessly reacting to situations. In the case of the 6, your initial reaction is to either distrust or to attempt to establish trust, even when the issue of "trust" is irrelevant. This extends to trust in oneself, hence the issues with self-confidence.

Also, ENTJ 6 is not that rare, 3rd most common ENTJ type, after 8 (of course) and 3 (duh):
MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

This is interesting ...and kind of what i was looking for.

I took another test and this one now says that i'm a 1 ....

So i've narrowed it down to maybe a nine...it's like the diplomat between the 6 at my worst(or when i'm stressed) and 3 at my best (growth) 9w1? i know i'm a perfectionist

comment's opinions?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
dammit :dry:

but i have been looking at enneagram central alot...it seems like i fit nine...kinda hmmmm

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dammit :dry:

but i have been looking at enneagram central alot...it seems like i fit nine...kinda hmmmm

Not impossible, but unlikely. I'm an INTJ 9 which is kind of rare (I use Ni-Te to finesse things and avoid annoyances) while most INTJs end up as 5s and 6s and 1s, but it's super rare for ENTJ. Te doms don't tend to pull punches or finesse, as a matter of course.

Here's a post that contains my current synopsis of how Enneagram works (and doesn't work): http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56741&p=1915032#post1915032

The main thing is to look for how you habitually react, not how you "behave". The personality descriptions aren't the essence of the enneagram typology - the core is the "type of reactiveness" if you will.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like the graph, but describing someone at their worst might end up revealing the point of deterioration. Also, when I was at my worst I could have been typed as a 4 and not a 5 because the 4-wing was causing so many issues.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the graph, but describing someone at their worst might end up revealing the point of deterioration. Also, when I was at my worst I could have been typed as a 4 and not a 5 because the 4-wing was causing so many issues.

But are you an "average" five or a "healthy" five? Is your main reaction to problems in life to develop mastery of a skill or set of knowledge? If you "disintegrate" like a 4 and not like a 5, that would suggest your Enneagram type is 4. That is to say, perhaps 5 describes your personality aptly, and you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be, but in terms of integration/disintegration you follow the Enneagram 4 path?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But are you an "average" five or a "healthy" five? Is your main reaction to problems in life to develop mastery of a skill or set of knowledge? If you "disintegrate" like a 4 and not like a 5, that would suggest your Enneagram type is 4. That is to say, perhaps 5 describes your personality aptly, and you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be, but in terms of integration/disintegration you follow the Enneagram 4 path?

Kewl, I haven't had anybody here pondering my type in a long time.

I was referring to events from almost 20 years ago. Things were a lot different back then. I don't believe that types and wing-types have to be on the same level of functioning. That's based on personal experience. Wing-types also move along the arrows independently of the main type.

"you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be." That's true. I don't have a stereotypical romantic temperament or aesthetic leanings. But a 4's primary issue has more to do with being understood and seeking identity. They wish to "reveal themselves" indirectly through works of art. That's not me.

But at the age of 29 I had reached rock-bottom: my 4 was at level 9. I don't know where 5 was, but it wasn't even near level 9.

Let's assume you're correct. In that case, I was a 4 at that age, but now I'm definitely a 5. So that means enneatype can change.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kewl, I haven't had anybody here pondering my type in a long time.

I was referring to events from almost 20 years ago. Things were a lot different back then. I don't believe that types and wing-types have to be on the same level of functioning. That's based on personal experience. Wing-types also move along the arrows independently of the main type.

"you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be." That's true. I don't have a stereotypical romantic temperament or aesthetic leanings. But a 4's primary issue has more to do with being understood and seeking identity. They wish to "reveal themselves" indirectly through works of art. That's not me.

But at the age of 29 I had reached rock-bottom: my 4 was at level 9. I don't know where 5 was, but it wasn't even near level 9.

Let's assume you're correct. In that case, I was a 4 at that age, but now I'm definitely a 5. So that means enneatype can change.

Most Enneagram authors posit that Enneagram type can change over time, though they tend to suggest particular paths that it changes.

W/r to the text I made bold, I think that is one of many "side effect" descriptions that end up in the various sources, due to the prominence of particular MBTI types (in this case, ISFP, INFP, INFJ, ENFP) within a particular Enneagram type. Similarly, type 5 reads as a weird hash of INTJ and INTP descriptions, leaving both INTJ and INTP to find the 5's description incomplete or incorrect, even though it is very often the "truest" of the 9 types for them. I wouldn't expect an INTP 4 to use "works of art" as a means of expressing oneself. I'd expect an INTP concerned with "identity" and "being understood" to approach these issues via INTP strengths: establishing an intellectual identity, establishing clear communications of INTP-style ideas. A type 5 INTP would be motivated by a hunger for ideas and knowledge, while a type 4 INTP would be motivated by a need to express original ideas, to present the most beautiful and elegant logic. An INTP's "inner world" is a world of logical ideas.

Anyway, those or just thoughts. I tend to ponder typological riddles, such as "what does a 'smart ESFP' look like? what does a 'stupid INTJ or INTP' look like?", where the point is to figure out how to separate the stereotypical personalities of a type from the core essence of the type. "What does an INTP 4 look like?" is a similar question, one to which you might even know the answer.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION]

I'm gonna say 6w5 SP/SO for you. Maybe 9s in your tritype though if you relate to it a lot. You do strike me as 6ish though, and an extroverted 5 is pretty much unheard of, especially SX-last