• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe for the last time? My type?

AA's Type

• ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
*EDIT* I decided to put in a poll, for those who are wondering what the fudge INTP and ENTP are doing there, they would not be my choice but they seemed to pop up a lot lately in vent and occasionally in my blog.

So it's that time again, third time might be the lucky time....I hope.

So those that have dealt with me will know im rather scattered on this issue because my emotional state is rarely consistant.

I now believe I am clear on some parts of myself. IxFx seems to be mostly accurate.

Of course there are difficulties for me in self typing and accepting other typings because many people misunderstand or misappropriate the theory. For instance far too often intelligence is associated with intuitition over sensing and more people hold this view than will admit it.

But the commonality which induces relationships of understanding is intelligence, not necessarily the divergence of a function. So an intelligent sensor is more likely to find common ground with an intelligent intuitive.

What may differ is the approach, but this does not mean that the same conclusions cannot be reached.
Thinking and Feeling may come into conflict more readily, but this is because of a lack of wisdom. Both dichotomies need to learn to show appreciation for the opposite so that they may grow and see the reasons and situations where functions of both apply.

So Thinking needs to understand the logic in values and Feeling needs to understand the value in logic.

As Jung himself said: "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between Thinking and Feeling."

Now as for me, those who know me from vent will know me in more detail.

But for those who do not I will try to give an overview in bullet points:

• I prefer alone time, but often social interaction can be a relief depending on my stress levels.
  • I tend to appear fairly unemotional, but I can be expressive if im in the mood.
  • I seem to learn best through understandings wrought from building things up bit by bit into a whole, but occasionally I get 'aha' moments.
  • While I can be logical and appreciate the approach, I often sideline it in favour of more emotional oriented goals and choices.
  • I seem to conceive ideas best when im walking alone, simply sitting or talking to others does not always help for clarity.
  • I get upset if I am stuck in a single place for too long, I tend to be better if I have a job or something which induces a feeling of worth in myself.
  • I can conceptualise and understand fairly difficult ideas, but this is always from the angle of concrete understanding. If it is too abstract I have to force the understanding or else lose the meaning.
  • I can be very gregarious in social situations in which I am truely comfortable.
  • I often come to decisions too quickly and miss options which later present themselves.
  • When working I put a lot of effort in to do my part and get everything finished, sometimes I take on too much.
  • I often miss subtleties and what is straight in front of me.
  • Although I dont always miss them, but sometimes in social situations I space out and miss jokes.
  • I often appear unintelligent or gullible to others in real life.
  • I enjoy the written word and have a great fascination with the archetypes of fiction.
  • I dont mind thinking about the future, but it has to be a close future or about something specific, like a new technology or film coming out, too far and I become depressed and apprehensive. Normally I prefer the past.
  • My conceptions and apparant desire for communications concerning them are primarily because of the era I have been brought up in. There is more value in less productive innovation and conceptualisation than in the past.
  • I can from one moment to the next go from chatty and witty to quiet and dull.
  • I wish to seek a usage for myself, a place where I can..be of service I suppose but also where I can find some purpose of satisfaction in my own desires.
  • My fears are of a lack of abundance in anything.
  • I love my imagination and enjoy listening to music and visualising something to go with it,
  • I am a bit of an idealist and romantic, but I seek to keep this in check lest it make me abandon realism.
  • I can be stubborn but not especially so, often I am too complacent, rebellious in mind but not in action.
  • My ambitions are quite small and ive never visualised any sense of inner flame or destiny for myself.
  • Im quite untidy but I will keep some order in my environment.
  • I like to absorb knowledge to better understand things, because unfortunately I need the input of others insights.
  • Creating anything wholly of my own is very difficult.

There are probably more. I do relate to this video on ISFJ's:

Although im not much of a Keirsey ISFJ.

Some would say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....but im not so sure.

Anyhow sorry for annoying people with this...but any thoughts?

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem like a pretty clear INFx to me. Here are the points that stood out to me in favor of that:

•I seem to learn best through understandings wrought from building things up bit by bit into a whole, but occasionally I get 'aha' moments.
•I enjoy the written word and have a great fascination with the archetypes of fiction.
•I love my imagination and enjoy listening to music and visualising something to go with it,
•I like to absorb knowledge to better understand things, because unfortunately I need the input of others insights.

I will also add that your skepticism about your intuitive abilities and your preferences for them actually might increase the chances that you are intuitive since you are considering all the possibilities rather than most of the so called intuitives who assume without question that they are so wise, imaginative, creative, theoretical, and insightful like arrogant fools. The real question should not be which IxFx you are but rather which INFx you are although this is just my opinion.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You seem like a pretty clear INFx to me. Here are the points that stood out to me in favor of that:

I will also add that your skepticism about your intuitive abilities and your preferences for them actually might increase the chances that you are intuitive since you are considering all the possibilities rather than most of the so called intuitives who assume without question that they are so wise, imaginative, creative, theoretical, and insightful like arrogant fools. The real question should not be which IxFx you are but rather which INFx you are although this is just my opinion.

Interesting points and well I dont like to ruffle feathers but the bolded is a fair point ive noticed on lots of forums. I sought what was true or correct, not what was most pleasing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Why not ISFP?

Why not indeed. Ive thought of it myself.

However that would involve tertiary Ni and if I have any intuitive function in my top four...it is most likely Ne, regardless of it's 'strength'.

Also Fi is.....off for me. Ive always been more Fe. However this is my assessment of myself, if you can give me some examples of what pointed you towards ISFP it would be appreciated.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I went and read up on Si just for you.

Sounds like Si to me.

ISFJ!

Lith

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, if you prefer Fe over Fi, it would have to be ISFJ. But I have no qualms about the letter S here. Learn to love being a sensor. :)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yeah, if you prefer Fe over Fi, it would have to be ISFJ. But I have no qualms about the letter S here. Learn to love being a sensor. :)

Agreed on that, like ive said here in the past; im happy with whatever since im still myself or rather the facets of my collected thoughts that I believe constitutes myself.

I dont fit the type, the type fits me.

Actually as an edit here is some more information in the form of me answering some of the questions from the Lounge video type thread:

1st part:

2nd part:

Lith

MBTI Type
ISTP
I dont fit the type, the type fits me.
Precisely.

Holy smokes, you look and sound exactly like my ISFJ brother. I'm not kidding. I know that doesn't prove anything, but it's true, for what it's worth. He's awesome by the way-- so you'd be in great company.

I'm a sensor who also started out very wobbly on the N/S divide, and looking back I just think it's funny. I love N types but I wouldn't trade in my S for anything.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Precisely.

Holy smokes, you look and sound exactly like my ISFJ brother. I'm not kidding. I know that doesn't prove anything, but it's true, for what it's worth. He's awesome by the way-- so you'd be in great company.

I'm a sensor who also started out very wobbly on the N/S divide, and looking back I just think it's funny. I love N types but I wouldn't trade in my S for anything.

Interesting, thanks for the information, perhaps I should have added a poll? Seems ISFJ for the most part :D.

*EDIT* Ok added one.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

More information...although so far ISFJ appears to be winning the race....the tortoise didnt stand a chance...he's cooking in the pot.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Hmm im thinking ESFJ more and more now.

There is, afterall, no reason why a sensing type cannot enjoy consideration of conceptual idea right? It's only a preference....doesnt mean it cannot be my preference.

Ive realised that there is a problem with how sensing is intepreted. Whenever I read Jung I get the impression that he intended sensing types and functions to be understood as having conceptual and cognitive interpretations of their senses.

Rather than the rampant literalism that appears to have taken over lately, which seems to believe that sensing means: Uses the 5 senses literally like a beast, (ironic considering human beings ARE nothing but beasts). But all it really means is that sensing types are more likely to trust information of their senses over intuition, but not in the sense of literally sniffing the air or listening to the wind.

They want information to be proven rather than assumed, if anything sensing, (or at least introverted sensing), is more akin to the empericism of science in that it constantly checks and cross compares to make sure the information is correct. However it does not mean they cannot develop a capacity for intuitive understandings.

Also I have seen no evidence, beyond blind assumptions, that there are more sensing types than intuitors. At least besides the terribly flimsy evidence put forth by Isabel Briggs-Myers and her mother in Gifts Differing. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to find out that the percentage numbers of the stupid and frustrating people in our lives were a 50/50 split between sensing and intuition. Since neither has a monopoly on intelligence or stupidity and no experiment or example has ever proven that this theory has a real grounding in reality. Essentially this is a belief system with no evidence beyond the heuristic.

I also hear terms like "down to earth" and "common sense" thrown around a great deal, by all people from all different backgrounds and within this theory as well, especially concerning sensing types. But I dont know what those terms mean....they are completely subjective and have no standard beyond what a group chooses to agree on for them.

The common usage of the terms towards physical solutions and problems most likely has more to do with the societal structures and perceptions of a certain environment. Physical work and solutions = for those who are not intellectual. Anything else is not down to earth or common sense because it involves a conceptualisation of ideas and theories which have no practical application, but why should it be that there is no common sense in a theory? Or in an idea?

There isn't as far as I can tell. It stands to reason that over time such terms have been morphed and adopted by the various pressures of society past and present. Afterall there has always been a snobbery with intellectualism, if you are looked down upon for being physically orientated, most likely because of your environment and circumstances rather than any inherent preference, then you are likely to want to fight back and proclaim the virtues of your position in defence of yourself.

This has more to do with class warfare, (or rather economical warfare), than any typological inherency.

There are lots of funny systems of nonsense we concoct for ourselves, aren't there?

*Sits back and waits for the 'YOU'RE WRONG' brigade to get here*

Burger King

I was going to say that I thought you were some sort of Ne-dom, but I see you already have ENTP listed. It looks like you're contemplating ESFJ also, so not sure if serious. Are you more confident in your enneagram typing though? For what it's worth, I've seen a quite a few who identify as e6 online express difficulty determining their mbti. I've read the descriptions for e6 and I think it really suits Ne types - the overactive mind that sees all possibilities (to its detriment at times). I want to know why you chose an Fe-dominant type though. In your post above, you talked about how sensors are misunderstood essentially, but you never got into the functions of an ESFJ and how you see them in yourself.

-Member of the 'YOU'RE WRONG' brigade

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I was going to say that I thought you were some sort of Ne-dom, but I see you already have ENTP listed. It looks like you're contemplating ESFJ also, so not sure if serious. Are you more confident in your enneagram typing though? For what it's worth, I've seen a quite a few who identify as e6 online express difficulty determining their mbti. I've read the descriptions for e6 and I think it really suits Ne types - the overactive mind that sees all possibilities (to its detriment at times). I want to know why you chose an Fe-dominant type though. In your post above, you talked about how sensors are misunderstood essentially, but you never got into the functions of an ESFJ and how you see them in yourself.

-Member of the 'YOU'RE WRONG' brigade

Hah this is true, especially the part about E6. I was more explaining an angle on interpretations of both Jung and MBTI than my type. ENTP is only there to quell the, (now), rather large numbers of people who claim it to be my type.

I suppose functionally I dont really notice any function to a great degree, not because I have no knowledge of them, but because I see all of their usages at once; although after this next little bit you might disagree. Ill explain my day as it might normally happen functionally though:

I wake up.

I think: What have I planned that needs doing today, (Te), and how do I want to do it,(Fi).

I was asked by X to do this today, ill do it because I know she likes that done and I would feel guilty if I didn't because I feel it is my obligation. (Fe)

As I walk out the room to get breakfast I notice my warhammer and writing pad by the door. A mere glance throws out two separate ideas, one is about how interesting it is how we create worlds in our minds and use these to bring archetype into reality as a functional physical object, this is an idea id been following for some time actually with a bit of obsession, (Ni). The other idea is that it would be great to do a Benny Hill parody with goblins chasing squigs using certain warhammer models, (Ne).

As I go into the kitchen and pour out my cereal, I notice it is the cereal I always choose because I am familiar with the taste and prefer it over the others. (Si + Fi).

One of our cats is watching from the sideboard, she jumps off and knocks a ball to the floor. I watch it bounce towards the lounge door and disappear, I also turn my head again to watch a sudden fly that has flown in through the kitchen window and is attracting my attention with it's buzzing. (Se)

I sit down to eat my breakfast, I turn on the tv and watch a random program. This time it appears to be some kind of daft reality show, I dont stay on the channel long, but I do stay on long enough to see a fat woman who reminds me of churchill, (Si + Ne), give her argument as to what policies she supports and why. I notice several inconsistancies within the structure of her argument and in my mind they are chalked up as red lines, I could easily have given a rebuttal on the spot as to how her statements did not hold up and often contradicted each other. (Ti)

So that's basically it, obviously I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is somehow innacurate to some peoples interpretations of the functions. But we need more objective agreement on their definitions, so a little disagreement would be good so as to break through to the agreement.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Is it possible ive been confusing E6 anxiety with Fe when it comes to caring what others think?

I often carry a lot of apprehension around when it comes to new situations and people, this is obviously common for many, however this realisation was one ive considered for a long time now, but dismissed because I wasn't fully certain of it.

I say this because even though I often get intense pangs of caring what others think, I tend to override it because it is not conducive to individual progress, but the fact that it remains there as a natural and instinctual, internalised reaction made me wonder if it was to do with Fe, but also there was the possibility of E6 as well.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't believe that this thread has over 400 views yet only 3 people voted. This is madness!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] harhar very funny.