• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INTP or something else?

What is my type?

• ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • ESFP

• ISFP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ENTJ

• INTJ

• ENTP

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • INTP

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • ENFP

• INFP

• ENFJ

• INFJ

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most people say I am either INTP, ENTP, ISTP or INTJ but feel free to say otherwise!

INTP/TPNI Actuary 5w6 sp/so TiNe Architect
Introverted (I) 61% Extraverted (E) 39%
Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32%
Thinking (T) 95% Feeling (F) 5%
Perceiving (P) 91% Judging (J) 9%
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.3)
limited use

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ns-yahweh-vs-lucifer-existential-game-14.html
Above is a link to a book I wrote which should show the thinking process of my type.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see a 'something else' selection.

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't see a 'something else' selection.

The title wasn't necessarily for the poll. The poll is titled "What is my Type?"

And honestly, I think Ni is shadowing Ti here. (on the standard, 4-function model)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
INTP - how is this an issue you are still having?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP - how is this an issue you are still having?

If you look at the poll 2 people have already voted ISTP and person who voted INTP was me so my type is not quite so obvious. The ISTP voters are thinking TiNi Loop!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I see. =)

But I do think you're an INTP. You are a silly INTP, like me. Not and ISTP. Like me. :B

Truthfully, though, I see a lot more Ne than Se. What's the usual argument for your ISTP-ness?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see. =)

But I do think you're an INTP. You are a silly INTP, like me. Not and ISTP. Like me. :B

Truthfully, though, I see a lot more Ne than Se. What's the usual argument for your ISTP-ness?

[MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] should be able to explain the theory of a TiNi Loop since the sig says TiNi mode on-off. People think I am trapped in this.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] should be able to explain the theory of a TiNi Loop since the sig says TiNi mode on-off. People think I am trapped in this.

I got ya, brother.

The Ti-Ni Loop (as per me...isn't a scientific thesis) is when the participant circumvents or neglects their "Se" function.
As a result of "inactivity", negative traits boil to the surface. These traits include:
Seclusion, irritability, volatile mood swings, paranoia, jumping to conclusions and a strange fixation on "theory."

This is only a few. This isn't a comprehensive list.
This is the reason ISTPs are renowned for physical and adrenaline fueled activities.
Keeps the "black dog" at bay.

Now...I watched bits of your video, and my Se speculates that you are an INTP.
The dead giveaway was the shuffling of the computer chair.
INTPs often move around a bit during presentation, whereas ISTPs are more economic in movement.

It is a consistent pattern based on the videos I have seen.
Hope this helps...nice wizard hat/Thor helmet, by the way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am a deep thinker like both Ti types but I cannot tell if I am more inclined towards concrete or abstract thinking and I also like to talk a lot about what I am thinking so I am either ISTP, INTP, or ENTP, and INTJ is also possible because some people think I use the Ni function but I think they are confusing it with Ne.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
The meaning of life is achieving infinite mastery of creation. To do this we need more knowledge or the liberating light of science and reason to control the forces of natue. All of this knowledge we need begins with recognizing our own ignorance, the first step to true knowledge. I am right because I know I could be wrong.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel my finest right now because I have an immense and exuberant curiosity about the natural world, a child like wonder to discover all of nature's secrets and to magically manifest my dreams into my life. The process of asking questions never ends on this incredible journey, the journey meaning more than the destination.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Incompetence makes me feel inferior, when I see someone can do or explain something beyond my comprehension and it humbles me and shows me my ignorance.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I use reason combined with probing in my decision making, carefully calculating the pros and cons of each option before acting and sometimes this process can take weeks or even months until the puzzle pieces of the problem combine together into a single and significant whole and I can finally see the correct decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Life is pretty simple. I start projects. Some work and become finished. Most don't. The trick is the doing something else, the process of starting projects and the learning experience being more important than the finshed product.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My fun comes from arguing with other people and learning something new or thinking for hours on end until the solution to a problem suddenly crystalizes in a flash of insight.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I start with memorizing the facts, these facts later serving as building blocks from which I can construct a monumental theory defying all the old rules and creating new rules in their place. I am something of a pioneer as I use traditional methods of observation to construct new theories that trump the old traditional theories, and hence it is by a traditional that tradition is overthrown, which is ironic. For example, we had to observe the Earth was flat by travelling across it and hence used facts to overthrow the old theory that the Earth was flat which was a falsly implied intuitve assumption. The truth is counter-intuitive.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Mentally my organization is supreme but with organizing my environment for maximum efficiency I am sloppy.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I see if the rules agree with the axiomatic facts of the theory and if they do not the rules need to be altered.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
It is important to always be yourself rather than to be one of the mindless marching minions of the stupid multitudes.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak a lot but that is because I think a lot, my words being an expression of my thoughts.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
The mind is the mover of the matrix of matter and hence we create what comes to us so we have already looked where we leap. The pen is mightier than the sword.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?Tape the tv how on the dvr and then go out with my friends (assuming that there not doing something that I totally dislike).
Watch the show live to live the excitement despite external stimuli like friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I detach myself from the world and reflect, this light of mind being the way of liberation.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
There are 3 classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, and those who do not see. Those who do not see bother me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about knowledge which has its origins in our perceptions and hence we need to open our eyes and awaken to learn how to see reality for what it really is to have knowledge.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I care nothing for how I look physically.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends see me as an iconoclastic thinker and problem solver.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would go to a philosophical gathering and discuss the way I see the world and learn how others see the world.

21) In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
I usually do not even know what assignments I am suppost to be doing in the first place let alone have the stregnth of will to complete them.

22) Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
I am interested both in what is and what could be and I am both a speaker and a listener, with I/E and S/N traits though I am a strong TP.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My opinion would depend on your explanation of this. What a strange thing to say.

Maybe you and Socrates should throw a party.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My opinion would depend on your explanation of this. What a strange thing to say.

When you talked about ignorance like it was a vice and the cause of suffering both for you and others that sounds very much like what Socrates thought about all virtuous things being knowledge. Knowledge is what liberates us from the dark prison of ignorance and into the skys above and beyond where we are free to fly away as knowledge is the liberating light illuminating our way to freedom. Those with knowledge have more power and this power can be used for the harmony of creation or the chaos of destruction. I agree with Socrates that knowledge is virtue since power is the ultimate virtue.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anybody else want to comment and/or vote? Any help would be appreciated (especially considering my serious problems)!

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
First thing I notice in the vid... you are Ti and take an informative role and are hard to follow due to technical talk and tangents. It feels like you aren't comfortable speaking like this, it's less natural so I shy from Extrovert. I-TP right off the bat.

"Red is a strong color" is stereotypical T.

Bullet list of technical reasons you like a type? Ti

Clams goes to quote which you've memorized... dealing with abstract metaphorical connections tangentially described = Ne. You probably wouldn't care if we butted in with our own interpretation, eh? Perhaps you'd easily change yours? If so, Ne.

But, this is far from definitive, but we are quickly centering in on ISTP vs INTP.

"Wooden planks", again pulling out to the abstract then to a defined stance, which is nevertheless impish. ISTP should linger more on the wooden planks themselves... how they can be perceived and manipulated as an object. You dumped the physical form as a concept to manipulate almost instantly and went abstract. INTP coming out here.

Boats goes immediately abstract, physical interpretation of the situation brushed aside instantly as if inconsequential = N

Won't even touch the sun to computer thing.... LOL .... P! HOHOHO!

Elastic bands going back to 'matter' then to M-theory. Abstract, tangential, informative, high-level and unburdened by details or any attempt at real world applicability or reference = INTP.

....... then I stopped watching, probably because I am an INTP and think I don't have to keep watching.

The idea of virtue = conceptual understanding, as if to say that pure understanding would result in pure intent and virtue is precisely how I think - and I suspect it's a uniquely INTP sentiment. A saint, we suppose, is simply one who has analytically and precisely grasped the Truth through mental rigor. This level of worship of pure thought and of Truth via intense scrutiny and Socratic ideals is, I'd say, quintessentially INTP. ISTPs might think quite similarly though I suspect the difference is the high-level abstraction and complete inapplicability of Truth. ISTP rigor would, by it's nature, prefer function over ideal.

It's also telling that you'd know so much about the first great INTP, Socrates. My avatar is Marcus Aurelius, another great INTP in history.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whoever voted INFJ is freaking retarted for failing to recognize how big of a thinker I am and also to even suggest as my type the 2nd furthest type away from ISTP which is INFJ.:nono:

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're certainly something else...I have no idea if you're INTP or not.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome 3 ISTP votes and more would be appreciated fellas so keep them coming!
:bananachamp:

edit - If someone else votes an F type I will destroy you with my mind!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why did 2 insane madmen just vote INFJ? :wtf: I freaking hate FJ types and their stupid sense of ethics and retarded submission to the weak way of harmony! If you ask me real justice is the advantage of the stronger as they are meant to rule as the weak serve hence strength is the ultimate virtue which is the means by which we can impose our willpower upon creation. Those who cannot take this path of extremes will fail as they are dragged down by their own weakness. Let go of all compromises and settle all disputes with the closed fist from which is let loose a chaos unleashed! The destruction of old worlds are new worlds forged into form.

If that doesn't prove I am a T type then nobody is a T type! :ranting:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tried to watch your video, sit still - oh my god! :p

edit: Second movie much better.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Why did 2 insane madmen just vote INFJ? :wtf: I freaking hate FJ types and their stupid sense of ethics and retarded submission to the weak way of harmony! If you ask me real justice is the advantage of the stronger as they are meant to rule as the weak serve hence strength is the ultimate virtue which is the means by which we can impose our willpower upon creation. Those who cannot take this path of extremes will fail as they are dragged down by their own weakness. Let go of all compromises and settle all disputes with the closed fist from which is let loose a chaos unleashed! The destruction of old worlds are new worlds forged into form.

If that doesn't prove I am a T type then nobody is a T type! :ranting:

Why put F types in your poll then?:thinking:

EDIT: great post though!:D