• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Will you type me?

cyan11

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
34 M

I am generally quiet and reserved, also pretty dependable though I tend to be lazy. I am not a take charge kind of guy, I am more passive and you might call me a follower, though internally I don't consider myself to be so (I don't adhere to what others tell me to do unless it is a matter I am not invested in). I have a few unusual interests (sports don't interest me, though I do watch an occasional game), including listening to rock renditions of video game music.

I am not good at coming up with my own objectives or projects, I usually spend too much time thinking about things that nothing gets done unless I get some outside direction (or external circumstance precipitates action). This does not apply for leisure activities or things that I otherwise don't have to do but want to do.

I tend to be obsessive and anal about certain things (i.e. if I have one way of doing something in my mind, and someone contradicts that, I get a little unsettled). I have my own rules about certain things, but overall I consider myself to be pretty flexible. I am a "go with the flow" type person.

I do like to read, though lately I have a short attention span and it is very difficult to stay focused enough (or interested enough) to finish a book. I wind up opening alot of books, reading a chunk of each, never finishing any. The types of books I read range from fiction (sci-fi/thriller/fantasy) to self-help (psychology,e.t.c.). The same thing applies to video games. I download a ton of games to my phone, start them but never finish one. I wasn't always this way, I used to lock myself in my room for a whole day to finish a game, but that was in my youth and now I have little free time to spare, being married with 2 kids and one on the way.

I recently finished my master's degree, I changed my major mid-way from something I thought would help me in a specific, niche type of job to something that was more generalized according to one of my professors. Now I am unsure of whether I made the right decision, as I don't know where I am going to go with it.

I don't enjoy uncertainty, and I am not spontaneous. I like to know what I am getting into and I like to have time to think about things. I am not too good with "thinking on my feet."

I am constantly looking for ways to improve my mindset and how I think about life and day-to-day activities. Alot of the work my mind does is internal, I don't come forth with ideas much and I find it difficult to do so sometimes (as with brainstorming). I am good at solving problems however, when I am able to give the proper amount of thought and effort to them. I usually don't use a straight-line approach to problem solving, I tend to use alot of trial and error, using my instincts and logic as a guide.

I get bored alot. Routine bores me, and I find that very hard to deal with (it is hard for me to make it seem fun). At the same time, I like quiet times or times in small social gatherings, where you can have a decent conversation with someone without too much distraction.

Even though I am not too verbose, it took me a while to write what I did, mainly because I didn't know where to start or what to focus on. If this was an essay, I would take a more structured approach. Gotta get back to work but maybe I'll write more later.

I had posted this in my welcome thread, what MBTI vibes do you get from it? I can write more if you need it. I will not say what my type usually is from the tests, I want to see what you think.

Thanks

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Definitely a 9, though you knew that. :p

I get INTP and ISFJ vibes, though they're kind of different, even though they use the same functions.

Maybe an ISFJ, with INTP leanings? Or an INTP with ISFJ leanings. It's hard to say, since I didn't really get an Fe vibe, though I feel like Ti and Si are definitely there. Then again, Ne doesn't really seem that pronounced, from what you've described.

Although, if you're idea of unusual interests is listening to rock renditions of video game music, then I feel like you're more ISFJ than INTP. Because that's not very weird at all. :p

cyan11

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
Definitely a 9, though you knew that. :p

I get INTP and ISFJ vibes, though they're kind of different, even though they use the same functions.

Maybe an ISFJ, with INTP leanings? Or an INTP with ISFJ leanings. It's hard to say, since I didn't really get an Fe vibe, though I feel like Ti and Si are definitely there. Then again, Ne doesn't really seem that pronounced, from what you've described.

Although, if you're idea of unusual interests is listening to rock renditions of video game music, then I feel like you're more ISFJ than INTP. Because that's not very weird at all. :p

Thanks. That does jive with what I've heard so far. What I mean by unusual is that I don't know anyone in the offline world that shares the same interest, and most people give me a blank stare when I mention it.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Fair enough - sometimes it's hard to remember that the internet cultures and real life cultures don't always converge. :p

What have you heard so far?

cyan11

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
Fair enough - sometimes it's hard to remember that the internet cultures and real life cultures don't always converge. :p

What have you heard so far?

I have been told that I am either one of those two types. I will have to think hard about it before I make my decision.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Ooh, ok, cool!

Well, be sure to let us know.

What about a cognitive functions test? Depending on how strong each one is, you could have a better idea. Maybe if you described yourself when you were younger, it would be easier to get a better picture, since adults tend to round out their cognitive functions as time goes on, especially if you weren't particularly strong on either Ne or Fe in the first place.

cyan11

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
Ooh, ok, cool!

Well, be sure to let us know.

What about a cognitive functions test? Depending on how strong each one is, you could have a better idea. Maybe if you described yourself when you were younger, it would be easier to get a better picture, since adults tend to round out their cognitive functions as time goes on, especially if you weren't particularly strong on either Ne or Fe in the first place.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.3)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or ISTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

I've taken 3 different cognitive functions tests (this was the first). All 3 labeled me INTP. Just as a side note, I always get INTJ on the popular humanmetrics 'mbt' test.
However, when I retook this one recently, it said ISTJ.

As far as when I was younger, I was awkward and didn't have many friends (not that I do now). I spent most of my time playing video games alone. I was a total underachiever (not alot has changed). I was also depressed alot, but didn't want to talk to anyone about it. I was still very quiet, perhaps a more extreme version of myself today.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm leaning towards a INTP or ISTP, with a lot of use of your 3rd function (Si or Ni). It can be pretty hard to type people when they have a lot of that 3rd function use. But really, you said a lot of things that sound Pe (Ne/Se) in its auxiliary use.

For example, this could be either Ne or Se aux:
I usually spend too much time thinking about things that nothing gets done unless I get some outside direction (or external circumstance precipitates action).

But if I had to choose one, I'd say INTP.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I agree with Steph.

INTP with very high Si.