• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Damnit! I might be an Sx dom!

Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

• Sp/Sx

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Sx/Sp

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • other instinct variant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 7w6

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 7w8

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 3w4

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • other enneagram

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I keep reading this as Dammit! I want to be an sx dom.

And I think to myself, yes. I know.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem to be more guarded than the typical ENXP, so I voted sp/sx, but you seem to be pretty balanced.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
elfboy, i don't think you're going to know your Sx's stacking location until you've being through some relationships (serious enough to found out what happens when SX clashes with the other two), and i am inclined to think you haven't, since, well, didn't you just find out you where gay, or something like that? and i didnt get the impression you where lucky enough to find out about it in the "huh its being several years and i am practically married to someone of my own gender" kind of way...

- lol, definitely not. I've known I was gay for nearly 10 years (I found out when I was 12)
- yes, I'm (more than) a bit inexperienced in the relationships department, but I don't think that's necessary to tell where my Sx stacking is.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]
what was Sx dom-ish about my last post? lol

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what was Sx dom-ish about my last post? lol
sx/sp's tend to make their points more aggressively when they feel misunderstood, whereas sp/sx's are more likely to resort to sarcasm.
Sp/sx's make the best smartasses. :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx/sp's tend to make their points more aggressively when they feel misunderstood, whereas sp/sx's are more likely to resort to sarcasm.
Sp/sx's make the best smartasses. :cool:

so essentially
Sx/Sp: fiery
Sp/Sx: dry

I could definitely see that being an indirect correlation

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so essentially
Sx/Sp: fiery
Sp/Sx: dry

I could definitely see that being an indirect correlation
Yes! Nice breakdown. It's not something black and white though. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! Nice breakdown. It's not something black and white though. :)

I know (your initial post, "Sx dom", was clearly made jokingly)

S

Society

- lol, definitely not. I've known I was gay for nearly 10 years (I found out when I was 12)

i always find this terminology confusing... ok, i didn't mean "find out" in that sense as much as i meant "acknowledged", "recognized", "reconciled with your identity", "came open with" (even if not being out of the closet in RL)... basically yea, that. wasn't there something about that, about you saying you trying to come to terms with being gay but aren't happy about it? perhaps i am confusing it with you coming out to the open specifically to this community and merely expressing your feelings at the time...

- yes, I'm (more than) a bit inexperienced in the relationships department, but I don't think that's necessary to tell where my Sx stacking is.

possibly, personally i doubt my SX would have tested as high before i got to explore those areas within me through life...

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you look weirdly unrelaxed (by physical movement, i had the audio off), so i'd never guess you're a 7 (or enfp for that matter), more like a 1
but i guess that's more cultural restraint that personality, whatever.
the responses in this thread are surprising so far :yes:

in case this helps. here are two videos of me

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^oh i looked like a complete nervous wreck in my video...i don't think that's such the great indicator.
i just happen to hate being filmed to death...and hate talking to myself monologue style.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i always find this terminology confusing... ok, i didn't mean "find out" in that sense as much as i meant "acknowledged", "recognized", "reconciled with your identity", "came open with" (even if not being out of the closet in RL)... basically yea, that. wasn't there something about that, about you saying you trying to come to terms with being gay but aren't happy about it? perhaps i am confusing it with you coming out to the open specifically to this community and merely expressing your feelings at the time...
I've known since I was 12, accepted it since I was 17 and now at 21 I'm deciding to embrace it (meaning, I'm tired to denying myself/thinking that a relationship is impossible because it isn't, I just need to put myself out there. still, I have no intention of being a femme, that isn't my style lol)

possibly, personally i doubt my SX would have tested as high before i got to explore those areas within me through life...
this is probably be true of me as well (even in the last few weeks, I've changed a lot)

Burger King

As an SP-dom, I've notice myself obsessed with well being. When I was younger I was an incredibly picky eater, and certain textures, color, or smell would turn me off instantly. I actually went hungry a lot because of this. I've come a long way, but still...
There's also this weird preoccupation and sensitivity with the mood of my environment (ie: my room, workplace, etc.) that I can't really describe. All of this sounds really unmanly, but thank goodness this is teh internetz :D and no one IRL (save family) has to know :D

If we keep it simple, which one are you more preoccupied with (to the point where it may seem neurotic at times)?

SP-dom = desires for Well Being (ie: financial security, physical comfort, etc.)
SX-dom = desires for Pair Bonding (ie: merging, wholeness, etc.)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/199-Instinct-Variant-Summary-Table-And-Videos

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
As an SP-dom, I've notice myself obsessed with well being. When I was younger I was an incredibly picky eater, and certain textures, color, or smell would turn me off instantly. I actually went hungry a lot because of this. I've come a long way, but still...
There's also this weird preoccupation and sensitivity with the mood of my environment (ie: my room, workplace, etc.) that I can't really describe. All of this sounds really unmanly, but thank goodness this is teh internetz :D and no one IRL (save family) has to know :D

If we keep it simple, which one are you more preoccupied with (to the point where it may seem neurotic at times)?

SP-dom = desires for Well Being (ie: financial security, physical comfort, etc.)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/199-Instinct-Variant-Summary-Table-And-Videos

I like that list, and being so last explains why I HATE the feeling of being pulled out of whatever I'm focused on (sx = intensely one thing; sp = self) and having my energy more spread out without my choice. I'd be lighter and easier with that if I had so even secondary, but I don't. I hate it, hate so much. Not that I can't talk to an entire group of people or be at a party, but I want to choose to focus my intensity that way, not have it made for me (sx dom).

Even on the bottom, the enneagram points, it makes sense that I am 6 sx/sp (strength and beauty; provocative; warmth, affection or rejection) firstly, but 4 sx/sp just underneath (competition, hatred, idolatry; dauntless, tenacious, contained) ...4 sx/sp actually wouldn't make sense for my first layer of self though, but it's for sure a part of me.

I hope it helps Elfboy too, lol. :D

That's so cool that it has those pics and video clips, as well.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've described/experienced similar feelings on several occasions

I think desire for well being, but, honestly, I'm not sure, the desire for pair bonding has rapidly been moving up my priority list these last few weeks, so I'm going to have to think about that a bit more

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] did you listen to the music links for sx/sp or sp/sx?

I'm getting the funny feeling that [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] was potentially right about me...I'm finding the sx/so music more "me" than the sx/sp. Maybe I just like the style more, but it's interesting to me that he suggested that he thought I was either so/sx or sx/so. And I was like, no, that doesn't logically make sense to me. And he's like, yeah ok. And now I'm listening to these songs for sx/so, and it's just interesting that it resonates with me more.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=5684" target="_blank">Elfboy</a> did you listen to the music links for sx/sp or sp/sx?
I'm getting the funny feeling that @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=5356" target="_blank">Speed Gavroche</a> was potentially right about me...I'm finding the sx/so music more "me" than the sx/sp. Maybe I just like the style more, but it's interesting to me that he suggested that he thought I was either so/sx or sx/so. And I was like, no, that doesn't logically make sense to me. And he's like, yeah ok. And now I'm listening to these songs for sx/so, and it's just interesting that it resonates with me more.

I'll listen to some of them. in the meantime, here's a sample of the kind of music I like and you can tell me what instinct variant it sounds most like
(in general, I like really dramatic, intense, epic music full of fire and conviction and with a striking melody)