• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

worst sensor in the world?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, his Fe is certainly not within the first two, it is barely acknowledged, while his hints at an internal struggle with the "necessarily dishonesty" in society in which he seems to find it challenging to not let Fi overpower it, suggesting very strongly that his Fe is a shadow function, while his Fi is within the first four.

gut what tells me Fi about him is actually his Te (they come together): look at the entire post, he isn't breaking down the information, he is trying to connect it as a whole and tries to shove in more then he can chew, instead of deducting, he is throwing it at mental map to see what sticks.

with Fi, Te, Si and Ne, the choice seems to me to be between NFP or STJ.

The Te vs. Ti thing makes sense.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not ISFP then?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is little JCF to go on. Enneatype 9 seems fairly obvious. As for MBTI, I see an introvert, an intuitive, a feeler, and a perceiver. Then I see Si tertiary. I don't see Fi or Ne or anything else JCF-wise for that matter.

What makes you say feeler?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you say feeler?

There's not much to go on, but he/she doesn't seem interested in the thinking types of subjects in school, but is more interested in the social aspect of school and how it affects him personally. That would be Fi, I suppose.

kanye west

lol i don't do my math homework because it doesn't affect my grade, and i can mostly understand it by watching my teacher. i was going to watch silently but i'm starting to feel uncomfortable at everyone referring to me as a he. if you don't know one's gender, you should refer to them as them/their/they're, or some other gender-neutral pronoun.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
As for me, it doesn't matter, in the end I'll always be the winner. BTW, I'm both intuitive and sensor too..

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol i don't do my math homework because it doesn't affect my grade, and i can mostly understand it by watching my teacher. i was going to watch silently but i'm starting to feel uncomfortable at everyone referring to me as a he. if you don't know one's gender, you should refer to them as them/their/they're, or some other gender-neutral pronoun.

See, if you are a girl that kind of changes things because certain behaviors are typical and conditioned for certain genders. Girls are conditioned to be more social, and to be interested in the less abstract and more human subjects in school. Your kind of antisocial and relationship related detachment issues in a guy might be more expected- but in a girl suggest more thinking tendencies to me. Who knows, though? You could just be antisocial and depressed, and this is dulling your Fi. My point on these threads, since I think I've been mistyped by people lots of times, is to try to tell people they can never make assumptions, and to use critical thinking when assessing people.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, if you are a girl that kind of changes things because certain behaviors are typical and conditioned for certain genders. Girls are conditioned to be more social, and to be interested in the less abstract and more human subjects in school. Your kind of antisocial and relationship related detachment issues in a guy might be more expected- but in a girl suggest more thinking tendencies to me. Who knows, though? You could just be antisocial and depressed, and this is dulling your Fi. My point on these threads, since I think I've been mistyped by people lots of times, is to try to tell people they can never make assumptions, and to use critical thinking when assessing people.

We're not assessing people. I'm sure there's a person back there somewhere, but all I have to go on is things they write about themselves. Many if not most of these things are selective.

Yup, I know about the gender differences and have mentioned it here before. But I'm not going to sit here and have Kanye (with a male forum name but whom I called "he/she") giggling because she put some selective information in the OP about math class and is now giving it some private kind of interpretation. So I'm out of here.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're not assessing people. I'm sure there's a person back there somewhere, but all I have to go on is things they write about themselves. Many if not most of these things are selective.

Yup, I know about the gender differences and have mentioned it here before. But I'm not going to sit here and have Kanye (with a male forum name but whom I called "he/she") giggling because she put some selective information in the OP about math class and is now giving it some private kind of interpretation. So I'm out of here.

I didn't mean to be offensive. It just annoys me is all. I wasn't applying it to you, just as a trend.

It's highly probable that I take ideas way too seriously, because ideas are most of what occupies my time.

S

Society

I need an example of "throwing it at mental map to see what sticks" and the other parts of your analysis.

i don't know what to tell you, it's a vibe... j/k

but it is difficult to explain because its more about the way he is doing it, the examples is all the anecdotal facts about himself he is reaching out by association,, i've reread his post a few times to see it, it's the direction he is trying compose the data in. its not as clear or obvious because he isn't actually succeeding in connecting the data, but i think he is trying to put it together into a larger picture straight up and raw, without trying to break it down.

Why not ISFP then?

you know how xNxJs will often talk about our xNxP asses with the words "awkward/clumsy" and "cute" somehow linked together? well, the core of it is opposite attraction, but more to the point, based on his description in the N vs. S part, and based on that standard, he is a stud... he is basically describing the utter lack of Se in his main four functions.

he does have signs of Si in the tertiary/inferior, passive and acknowledging it but not propelled by it, in this i think Mel is right. it's not well developed, but it's there, and its very normal to have undeveloped but active tert/inf functions before the late twenties / early thirties.

he seems to have active undeveloepd Si, shadow level Se, an ISFP would be the opposite.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
i'm too lazy to fill out a form, because every time i do so i end up realizing that i'm not the most truthful when answering it for reasons unknown so i'll just try to describe myself in each dichotomy!!!!! i'm basically xxxx at the moment!

I vs E

• i don't get tired after socializing, but i rarely ever socialize anyway, and the only time i do talk to people is at school, and with the same four people at that.
    Introverted - not sure which just yet.​
  • i don't usually care about companionship, but i'd rather not sit alone only because i'm a little self-conscious at looking lonely.
    Not Fe​
  • i almost never start conversations, unless it's with my closest *three* friends lmao, so most of my friendships die after a while
    Introverted​
  • i can talk endlessly if it's about something i'm interested in, but i sometimes can barely think of what to say if it's about other people's personal matters or stupid stories about their siblings etc etc
    These are more concrete subjects of conversation, so your lack of interest could indicate iNtuition. Then again, these conversations are pretty unexciting for anyone who isn't the person talking, so what does capture your attention?​
    You're also pretty blunt, which could mean Fi/Te, or that their stories really are stupid.​

S vs N
  • i'm don't feel very n-ish, mostly because i don't talk/type with symbols. i sometimes use analogies but they're pretty stupid so idk
    Not really relevant. You don't have to be an N to use symbols/analogies. And you don't have to be good at them to not be an S.​
  • i'm super bad with details and my *surroundings* i've gone through days where i've worn something backwards and not realized for hours on end
    Se tends to be tuned into the physical world around them, so you can make an argument for lack of Se, especially in light of the other traits you listed below.​
  • my memory is okay (does this have to do with sensory stuff????? w/e) i can usually remember if someone told me something about themselves years ago, but i sometimes can't remember what i wore the day before or what i ate
    Sounds a lot like me, and I use Si, so I think that could be a trait. The way you presented this point is also in a way that I would have done it, too. Not the most empirical deduction that could be made, but it could mean something.​
  • i look forward to the future and think about the future often, but i'm REALLY lazy and probably have self-control issues so i just sit on the internet instead of actually working towards the future
    Definitely P. If you're introverted, too, we've got IxxP. You also show more evidence for Si than Se, so now we're down to INxP.​
  • if i put enough effort into it, i can sometimes find symbols and understand the hidden meaning in films. it doesn't come naturally though, and takes more effort than i'm willing to give for a bad indie film on netflix
    Not really relevant.​
  • probably doesn't relate to sensing vs intuiting as much, but i'm awful at sports, except for handball, i think i liked playing handball during elementary school. i have a hard time watching it too except for tennis and sports that have to do with nets ahahah
    Yeah, I've seen Ns and Ss both excel at sports.​
  • i think i'm a sensor that has no good sensor traits? is that possible? a lot of humiliating memories haunt me though, and basically anything will trigger them, so is that signs of Si?
    Yes, Si.​

T vs F
  • i sometimes cry at really stupid things, like at jin and sun near the lost finale, and some other media-related things
  • idk if this has to do with anything but i think i might've gotten more emotional as i've aged (which isn't much considering i'm sixteen)
  • i can't say if i put my emotions into my decisions, mostly because i haven't made any big decisions in my life.
  • i don't really care about the emotions of other people, and i rarely ask people how they're doing unless other people make a big deal out of it so i'll feel a little obliged to ~fit in~
    Once again, lack of Fe. And also a prevalent desire to fit in? This is a common theme with you, lol, and it reminds me of my more cerebral INFP friend. He's pretty cynical, but, interestingly, is a lot more conscious about how he fits in than I am.​
  • i have commitment issues. if someone doesn't like me more than i like them then our relationship doesn't work, and if that person likes me more than a normal person likes a friend, then our relationship definitely can't work. i get freaked out if people cling on to me, and i'll start acting rude just to get them to back off. socializing on the internet is much easier than real life socializing, because if i get sick of a person on the internet i can block them and never have to face them again lol
    Protective Fi? Needs a lot of personal space, but equally finds the thought of liking someone more than they like you highly unfavorable. Pretty guarded.​
  • if i cared about mbti a year ago, i could talk a lot more about being blunt and believing in ~honesty~ but i've started to hold back my opinion a little more
    Fi desire for authenticity?​

P vs J
  • i sometimes plan things, but i rarely go through with the plan because i'm either a. too lazy or b. too apathetic
  • i'm a big procratinator. a lot of the time i don't start most of my homework/projects until the night it's due, or sometimes the morning if i feel like telling myself that i have eight hours until it's actually due.
    Yeah, basically P.​

idk if i were to compare myself to someone, it'd be oreki from hyouka. i'd probably copy his description on mal if i were too lazy to write my own. okay wait i lied again omfg i reread oreki's description thing on mal and it says that he finishes all of his work no matter what but i've completely like ~seven~ math assignments during high school.

So it seems to me like they're INFP, based on the points I've provided above, and my experience with similar INFPs.

It doesn't change much for me. Then again, I kind of figured Kanye was a girl just by the way he/she typed, purely with the use of '~'s and '*'s and other silly ways to replace italics, as well as the fact that she would even obligate her/himself to care about others' feelings.

When I was in high school, the thought rarely occurred to me, much less for people outside of my core friend group (making me even less interested), and I'm INTP. The desire to at least engage themselves in that kind of situation, while not totally detaching themselves, is an indication of the fact that it's something that they don't personally enjoy. They do, however, see it as important enough to dedicate some time to the matter, for a greater reason or another that affects how they view themselves, and what that means to their core values or personal desires. Whatever those are.

S

Society

Girls are conditioned to be more social, and to be interested in the less abstract and more human subjects in school.

whenever i hear that, the girls are conditioned towards the humanities rather then science and engineering, i find it very difficult to not imagine two parents catch their 5yo's doing subtraction and saying "bad girl! that's a boy thing..."

i think it's more likely to be the fact there are more female feelers then thinkers (population wise), carried a step further on gender biases identity seeking and childhood culture, a.k.a. if most females are feelers so will most of the role models and likely social clubs growing up will be, thus encouraging you to 'act as a feeler', which in turn increases the feeler-like behavior and language of the role models and social clubs available for the next generation, and also feed's into mistyping and increases the apparent population difference, etc...

the point is, if your an T female or an NF male, your in an unrecognized minority, and the same social dynamics apply.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whenever i hear that, the girls are conditioned towards the humanities rather then science and engineering, i find it very difficult to not imagine two parents catch their 5yo's doing subtraction and saying "bad girl! that's a boy thing..."

i think it's more likely to be the fact there are more female feelers then thinkers (population wise), carried a step further on gender biases identity seeking and childhood culture, a.k.a. if most females are feelers so will most of the role models and likely social clubs growing up will be, thus encouraging you to 'act as a feeler', which in turn increases the feeler-like behavior and language of the role models and social clubs available for the next generation, and also feed's into mistyping and increases the apparent population difference, etc...

the point is, if your an T female or an NF male, your in an unrecognized minority, and the same social dynamics apply.

I agree with this. For example, at work it is really important for us to smile and be friendly with the customers, and make them feel comfortable. Yet I see male servers act more "business like" and no one thinks anything of it. If a woman acts this way it's considered rude. This Fe type behavior is just expected of us.