• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP, ENTP, ENTJ?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
What type am I?! In the past, I've been typed as ENFP, but I'm beginning to have serious doubts about that. I've been known to have a sentimental streak, but in comparison with my ISFJ and INFJ friends, I don't have that much "F."

Thinking or Feeling:
I hate seeing someone treated badly, and I will not watch someone being run over in order to "keep the peace." Often times, I won't handle the situation diplomatically by assuaging both parties. I'll flat out attack whoever is being the aggressor (emotionally and intellectually, not physically). It's not because I have diplomatic skills but choose not to use them; I don't have that much skill in the way of diplomacy.

It's more important to me that evil people get their just desserts than living in a happy-go-lucky, conflict-free environment. I'm not good at predicting group or individual emotional responses, although I am good at picking up on patterns in people's behavior and figuring out the cause-and-effect chain that led them to their worldview. In that way, I am nifty at "figuring people out," and I do constantly analyze everyone in my environment to figure out how the gears in their heads are turning.

Like I said before, I tend to have spontaneous sentimental streaks in which I am very emotional and loving, especially with people I have grown to feel deeply about. However, I am not naturally a caretaker and only feel comfortable in that role with a select few people; and even then, I have to kind of phase myself into it. It's a weird thing, being concerned about someone else's needs.

Extraversion or Introversion:
I'm pretty sure I'm an extravert. My friends describe me as exuberant and engaging, and I find that despite occasional shyness initially, I get close to people quickly. Plus, there's nothing better than making a new friend! I like to have some alone time to reflect on things, but for the most part, I like spending time with other people. I do get bored easily and thus often want to end the conversation to go off and find something else to do, but that's often talking to someone else.

Intuition or Sensing:
Pretty sure I'm an N. Not much more to be said here. Definitely do a lot of reflection and tend to see patterns in people, events, and the environment quickly. I'm analytical.

Judging or Perceiving:
Here's another one that I'm not completely sure about. If I could have my way, everything would have a clear-cut answer. I'm not a fan of ambiguity by any stretch of the imagination, but I recognize that most situations don't have simple, black-and-white answers. I wish they did though. It would make making decisions much easier.

So, what do you guys think? What type am I?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound similar to my ex who was very enfp entp entjish :D

Which is to say... I have no idea!!

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
You sound similar to my ex who was very enfp entp entjish :D

Which is to say... I have no idea!!

lol, you never figured him out?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well he was self typed as an enfp type 8.

But I have sort of decided that he may in fact actually be an entp.

And that Entjish stuff is probably just the type 8 influence.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Well he was self typed as an enfp type 8.

But I have sort of decided that he may in fact actually be an entp.

And that Entjish stuff is probably just the type 8 influence.
Yeah! It's easy to self-type as an ENFP if you're sentimental or have strong spiritual beliefs or whatever. I mean, I look at descriptions of Ts, and I'm like, 'I'm not evil!'