• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2nd typing attempt (does this title need to be more interesting?)

Zhuli Lily Askar

I have been relying on the what others say about me because apparently I don't know anything about myself and none of my self-evaluations seem to match up with what others see so there is a high chance that they aren't accurate.

Anyways everybody seems to think I use Te, Fi, and Ne. (I haven't heard anything on Se/Si) I however think I use Ni, Te, Fi, and Se in whatever order, it makes INTJ a big possibility. Can someone help me knock down whether I'm Se/Si first? I think that would be more productive. Then I'd really like to find out what is it about me that makes me look like an Ne dominant.

I've also heard that I'm a likely Fi dom, or Te dom.
Many have guessed INFP on me, I fit ISFP stereotypes and that doesn't help.
Based on what I know about myself I'm an INxx but people have even told me I'm a potential extravert so I just don't know at this point.

Thank you.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...I would help if i had some honest information to work with. I can't really tell at this point.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not that this isn't, but just stuff you and others know about you. I can't really tell what you are just reading the op lol :shrug:

EDIT: anything relevant - what you're like now, as a child, how your friends/family see you etc

Zhuli Lily Askar

EDIT: anything relevant - what you're like now, as a child, how your friends/family see you etc

Oh sorry, I get jumpy when I ask for things... I think. What should I start with then? Regarding myself.

Well, alright. It's just I've done this many time and apparently giving info like this is usually doesn't really help find your type because the your usually using the stereotype to find the answer.

Anyways, I'm quiet. That's for sure at least in public. I honestly don't know what my parents really think of me or maybe it's because I don't take what they say into account. I know they think something of me but I can't recall specific descriptive words honestly.

My friends think I'm quiet and deep. I don't have that many friends either I use the internet a lot, I'm kind of individualistic? I think I'm private but that could be for many reasons.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever you do, don't mention feelings or things you care about. You'll automatically be labeled Fi dominant. lol

Hmm, not quite.

I can only go so far as calling you introverted, especially that you don't really know what your parents think of you (this may not even be introversion as the whole picture isn't given but eh). But there isn't really much to work with so I can't say too much.

Zhuli Lily Askar

(points)
We found an Fi dom, people!!

lol, well it's definitely one of the more likely possibilities but I think I meant that statement a little more logically, I'm going to write a big post in the response above as to how others view me and how I view myself.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Whatever you do, don't mention feelings or things you care about. You'll automatically be labeled Fi dominant. lol

Wait, just curious. Why would that be so? Everybody cares about things. Is it Fi doms that are usually the one's who speak about what they care about?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry about bumping the old thread, what I meant was, have you had any recent ideas? Say, have you thought that maybe meteors could bring good luck? Or had some hunch that everyone on this forum are just bots and there's one guy controlling them all?

Zhuli Lily Askar

Sorry about bumping the old thread, what I meant was, have you had any recent ideas? Say, have you thought that maybe meteors could bring good luck? Or had some hunch that everyone on this forum are just bots and there's one guy controlling them all?

Like some huge idea no? But I'm having a revelation now that shall be explained soon if that counts. For now on this thread, I'm just thinking of a "relevant reply" to what was asked above. Don't look at the old thread, I was strange back then. Debating whether to check the spoiler.

EDIT- Stop being adorable. The revelation I am experiencing is about this and I knew just by reading the first few sentences and then closing it because I have a feeling something bad will happen if I read it all and not I'm not insane.

Chocobo Breeder

Wait, just curious. Why would that be so? Everybody cares about things. Is it Fi doms that are usually the one's who speak about what they care about?

There is a fine distinction between Fi and Ti values if there is any at all. Fi seems to have a mystical sort of value system where they know what is right and wrong for themselves without requiring understanding behind it to accept it, but may delve into Te to keep their values in check later. Fe seems to think the best value system is one of social norms and what benefits the majority, and may use Ti to fine-tune and recognize these values afterward.

Ti causes people to analyze and problem solve, and needs to understand the reason behind values before adopting any. When Ti is stronger or more focused on than Fe it may be difficult discern whether the values are personal or derived from group orientations, because they tend to think things out so much that the values take on Fi characteristics rather than basic social norms. When Te is greater than Fi they will focus on sorting, and finding practical use for things and look for outcomes then see how that fits into their personal value system. When Te is much stronger than Fi they may be so focused on external logic that their Fi values seem to be hidden.

Of course, you could find an example that seems to be from any function, but people online seem to think it's just a combination of your most used functions that mimic another function, which may very well be true. You can't take it too seriously, though, because supposedly Jung said he's even switched cognitive functions. But I haven't found the sources, just people around forums and blogs who probably got it from a book. Supposedly there's a video out there too where he says it. I don't know why it's not easily accessible.

I think it's an MBTI conspiracy to believe so strongly in these types lol. On the contrary, the cognitive function order seems to hold true for most people, and it could even be just human instinct to use the other functions at times. But anyway, this site is dedicated to group therapy and judging, so it's tough to find people who really want to understand thoroughly and help others.

Another way to go about typing yourself if the above didn't help you is to describe the stages in your life so far and what functions you seemed to focus on at the time. Many people seem to follow the order of development as well so that would be a start.

Chocobo Breeder

Oh, but that's just my take. The more knowledgeable may disagree, but I hope what I said helps a bit.

Zhuli Lily Askar

There is a fine distinction between Fi and Ti values if there is any at all. Fi seems to have a mystical sort of value system where they know what is right and wrong for themselves without requiring understanding behind it to accept it, but may delve into Te to keep their values in check later. Fe seems to think the best value system is one of social norms and what benefits the majority, and may use Ti to fine-tune and recognize these values afterward.

I know automatically myself, I'm not sure how mythical it is though, but it seems to describe it's strangeness to most people accurately enough. There are no types that use Fe and Te? ENFJ is Ti? I tend to think the majority is more important regarding many many things but I think deep down certain values matter more in the end. And everybody says I'm an Fi user and not Fe.I mean look I'm already and Fi dom! :p I use Fe under stress perhaps?

Ti causes people to analyze and problem solve, and needs to understand the reason behind values before adopting any. When Ti is stronger or more focused on than Fe it may be difficult discern whether the values are personal or derived from group orientations, because they tend to think things out so much that the values take on Fi characteristics rather than basic social norms. When Te is greater than Fi they will focus on sorting, and finding practical use for things and look for outcomes then see how that fits into their personal value system. When Te is much stronger than Fi they may be so focused on external logic that their Fi values seem to be hidden.

I tend to analyze why if I have time but even if I don't I still do what I planned. Analyzing tends to be less important overall. I used to think I was possibly Ti but then I went more to believing I'm a Te user, and then someone else convinced me of it on top of that. Yes, I think that's something, I tend to do the task at hand with all thinking (at least that's what I think) then I have a lot of spare time, I enjoy contemplating my values, etc. Strong Fi users seem to eventually sense my Fi (if I even use it) after getting to know me because before only my thinking is visible. Based on what you said I'm really not sure I'm Fi now. I tend to always reassure myself and even logically proved to myself that I'm not thinking something because of social orientations because that would seem that your hiding and that it's not true. Aren't your morals true because society doesn't tempt....? I can't explain this. XD

Of course, you could find an example that seems to be from any function, but people online seem to think it's just a combination of your most used functions that mimic another function, which may very well be true. You can't take it too seriously, though, because supposedly Jung said he's even switched cognitive functions. But I haven't found the sources, just people around forums and blogs who probably got it from a book. Supposedly there's a video out there too where he says it. I don't know why it's not easily accessible.

The fact that functions work for most people tends to be enough for me to pursue this goal in a somewhat serious manner. I think that using examples and observing works but it has to be for a long period of time and you still have to check with the person who are testing because they would know if things are accurate based on your observations. Yes, it seems harder to find someone who is really into MBTI and understands it rather than just shallowly judging someone's type. The person who convinced me of Te and Fi is good with MBTI. Oh and another thing, Fi is something very difficult to voice because your automatically....rejected? And people stare and deem you weird. So I see no reason to express emotions. But I can be emotional.

I think it's an MBTI conspiracy to believe so strongly in these types lol. On the contrary, the cognitive function order seems to hold true for most people, and it could even be just human instinct to use the other functions at times. But anyway, this site is dedicated to group therapy and judging, so it's tough to find people who really want to understand thoroughly and help others.

I don't have obsession to the point where I type everyone. Just people I'm I think are interesting in my life. I love reading about these kinds of theories in spare time. Great basic guide to people's personalities. Accurate. I don't know how to explain why I like MBTI so much.

Another way to go about typing yourself if the above didn't help you is to describe the stages in your life so far and what functions you seemed to focus on at the time. Many people seem to follow the order of development as well so that would be a start.

The "revelation" I was speaking about above happens to refer to what you just suggested. I am writing about the last 3 years of my life. That's where I think it happened that my personality became very difficult to determine. Is your personality usually the one you were when you were very young? Or...