User Tag List

First 6789 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Could someone be type 5w4 if they score higher on 6? I fit the description of 5w4. I guess since we are discussing it I'll continue here.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Could someone be type 5w4 if they score higher on 6? I fit the description of 5w4. I guess since we are discussing it I'll continue here.
    Yes, because after testing it's still necessary to read type descriptions to make sure. The Enneagram Institute claims 90% accuracy on their RHETI, but I don't believe that. It's not a plausible figure in general for a personality test.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

“The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Knowledgable is probably not the right way to describe my understanding of all things MBTI. But Id like to think I have a decent grasp after browsing here for a few years

The best information to share is to let it happen naturally. And by giving personal examples instead of a subjective factual impression about yourself. When I help type people in this post I take notice in particular to the style and write up of the post and what kind of mindset a person might have had when writing it. Its part intuitive. Also many people dont neccesarily know why they do the things they do and merely guess it. I did this as well. It took me quite some time to figure out my enneagram because of it.

That link was quite a nice read. A little bit subjective here and there, describing behaviours that may be present in these types but not neccesarily in all of them. Still the Fe inferior is quite accurate for me especially in younger years.

I have dealt with my inferior by becoming much more self confident in my abilities and couragious in my actions. Having a very extraverted job bringing me in contact with tens of people daily has really helped in achieving this. I can now be my true self without inhibitions anywhere I go.
    Haha, maybe its my own naivety but you just come off as someone who does have some wisdom to dispense, outside of MBTI even.

Happen naturally, through normal interactions yeah, opposed to writing that list of yourself. I can see why. So tell me, how does my writing style come off as? I do a similar thing though when I want to understand someone better on the forum. I'm still kinda getting used to it really though. I guess its really Ne to read between the lines of things and how people present data, and what they think. Did you need a third party to intervene on your own enneagram type, to point out your underlying motivation?

Yeah, agreed. I found the way they presented Te a little odd, but I guess I suited it the most. I find myself relating to the inferior Fe also as well. It can be frustrating in that sense to narrow things down. But I am comfortable with Te. Organisation has probably be the number one thing in my life I could never sort out, and I think part of that was due to conditioning. I relate to the feeling of the Te outburst, and the end result.

So pretty much the underlying problem with your inferior Fe was the confidence in your own abilities? Sensitivity would be triggered if you where criticised on your own ability and actions, yeah? "I can now be my true self without inhibitions anywhere I go. " Alas, freeeeddooooom! That is great. I feel at ease mostly with this. What I don't feel competent is in me presenting myself logically and objectively. As well as my ability to NOT procrastinate and get things done. Know of any good inferior Te reads?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    So pretty much the underlying problem with your inferior Fe was the confidence in your own abilities? Sensitivity would be triggered if you where criticised on your own ability and actions, yeah?

As well as my ability to NOT procrastinate and get things done.
    True, yes; but Fe is more about relating to other people. So if you have a particular trigger with not being competent and it seems others are thinking this about you, it makes you paranoid. Or maybe you mean not having confidence in your social abilities. Which would be accurate too. You know it's not your strong suit, so you get paranoid you are doing it wrong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    True, yes; but Fe is more about relating to other people. So if you have a particular trigger with not being competent and it seems others are thinking this about you, it makes you paranoid. Or maybe you mean not having confidence in your social abilities. Which would be accurate too. You know it's not your strong suit, so you get paranoid you are doing it wrong.
    Yeah, I was trying to imply that, sorry if I wasn't being clear enough. In light of this I definately see more inferior Te in myself than Fe. Social abilities don't concern me much, I feel I get along with most people I come across, but confidence in the realm of logic and consistency certainly does haha.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah, I was trying to imply that, sorry if I wasn't being clear enough. In light of this I definately see more inferior Te in myself than Fe. Social abilities don't concern me much, I feel I get along with most people I come across, but confidence in the realm of logic and consistency certainly does haha.
    Why is that (confidence in the realm of logic and consistency) Te?

“The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I guess a bad choice of words, I should keep what I mean more simple. Organisation, reliability, being able to express thing's logically. These things I suck at and exhaust me.
    This is of my own limited understanding of Te.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I guess a bad choice of words, I should keep what I mean more simple. Organisation, reliability, being able to express thing's logically. These things I suck at and exhaust me.
    This is of my own limited understanding of Te.
    I have a thread on Te inferior. A type 6's love-hate relationship with authority is the closest analogy I can think of.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I have a thread on Te inferior. A type 6's love-hate relationship with authority is the closest analogy I can think of.
    Could you link me to it?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Could you link me to it?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...authority.html