• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your type per function development order

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
For me it's surely ENTP.

Short key to finding type per theory:

-what develops first (age 5-15) is your first cognitive function. S/N can be mistaken at this age.
-Second function comes at age 15-25, give or take a few years.
-third comes to full effect even more gradually as the first two, from 25 to 35, usually
-fourth starts at age 35..50, or perhaps later, or never. Perhaps a bit sooner for some individuals.

So, why ENTP for me?

-extroverted and outgoing in childhood, not reserved in innovations or physical things, but very much reserved in talking or socializing. Not keen on thinking or feelings. That's Se or Ne first.
-youth: hard thinking. Ti. That's a clear one.
-young adult: Fx. Some feelings came up.
-adult, seen some life: S/Ni. Ideas of long-term effects, understanding the value of systems and/or tradition.

ENTP is a best fit for me.

So, share your type per function development theory, analyze and tell it, or help someone else find it =)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
For me it's surely ENTP.

-what develops first (age 5-15) is your first cognitive function. S/N can be mistaken at this age.
-third comes to full effect even more gradually as the first two, from 25 to 35, usually
-fourth starts at age 35..50, or perhaps later, or never. Perhaps a bit sooner for some individuals.

So, why ENTP for me?

-extroverted and outgoing in childhood, not reserved in innovations or physical things, but very much reserved in talking or socializing. Not keen on thinking or feelings. That's Se or Ne first.
-adult, seen some life: S/Ni. Ideas of long-term effects, understanding the value of systems and/or tradition.

So, share your type per function development theory, analyze and tell it, or help someone else find it =)

I'm ENTP. I developed Ne first, and that was very easy to develop, it came very natural. Then for some reason I feel like I developed Fe next instead of Ti. I think this happened because everyone who raised me were Fe types (Mom: ENFJ, father: ISFJ, Grandma: IxFJ). I think that Ti was too cold and impersonal to use and I probably tried to develop it as a child but I almost think my parents prevented it. Also, Ti is very much about problem solving and my father (who I spent the most time around as a child) is a core 6. My father absolutely sucked at problem solving and was very co-dependent and never showed me how to solve problems. Thus, I don't think that I developed problem solving abilities well as a child at all. In addition, I am a 6w7 and my Ne and subconcious Ti, could come up with all these ways to solve problems but it was like I didn't believe enough in myself to be able to solve problems. Finally when I went into sales I worked for an ESTP 8w7, and he used Ti very well. I developed a lot of my Ti abilities because he showed me how too. I'm still in the process of developing my Ti actually.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How did you decide that you did Ne first? I compared with my wife who did Se first, and I found out I was more interested in fantasy. For example, I draw pictures of robot figures and presented them to rest of the class, I did trick jumps with a bicycle and such S activities, but I was wild in fantasy, more than most of the others.

Also, at what age did you feel developing Fe? For me it was at 22-23.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
How did you decide that you did Ne first? I compared with my wife who did Se first, and I found out I was more interested in fantasy. For example, I draw pictures of robot figures and presented them to rest of the class, I did trick jumps with a bicycle and such S activities, but I was wild in fantasy, more than most of the others.

Also, at what age did you feel developing Fe? For me it was at 22-23.

I've just always used it well. I've used Ne as long as I can remember. When it comes to Fe, I developed that next most likely do to my family all being Fe users. I believe that I developed it from being around them. I developed that at a very young age. I feel like I'm just now developing my Ti now. I didn't develop my functions in order.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my youth, ages 5-15, I was very much the posterchild for Ti.

In teens and college years, I developed Ne more.

After college, I developed both Si and Fe. I think I got an earlier start than most INTPs on developing Fe. I've been told by some I'm Asperger-ish and I've worked hard to counteract, hence the increased development on Fe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I honestly don't believe this theory, that some people are using one function until they are 15 years old, I think this is absurd. I do think that people will show more strength in their primary functions as a young adult, but I don't think we're all this lacking...I've known people who were too almost comically Fe or Si or Se or Ni as teens, I agree that people are almost caricature like in their preferences as high schoolers sometimes...but I can't really say if I was "all Fi" as a kid or "all Se" ...because I believe I was a bit of both, I was pretty much the IFP child with some showier Se traits, which became more and more developed when I hit puberty. I'd say I started developing Se in mid-to-late childhood, not my teens, though I may have been CONFIDENT in my Se more as a teen (I suddenly became confrontational around age 14 or 15 where as I had primarily been strangely conflict avoidant for the most part up until around age 11, when I remember being afraid of some of of my peers, but also being brave enough to play pranks on others who were less threatening).

I also think I showed tertiary Ni interests beginning in my teens, I suddenly took an avid interest in the occult around 15 or 16, and I remember seeing somewhere that this is how a teenager would show any trace of their tertiary, and back then I thought I was still NFP, and I was like "hmm...this sounds like me showing very undeveloped baby Ni in my late teens."

I'm in my early 30's now and ridiculously more confident in my ability to use logic than I was ten years ago, I would even say even compared to five years ago, which makes me think it's my inferior. It's like I am a different person now, I was so naive and guided by feelings and ethics well into my mid-twenties.

You know, going to college helped.

But I do think the "distance" I'm capable of taking now has something to do with my Ni/Te becoming more developed. Even if you compare me to my posts when I joined here in 2009, jeezus has my grasp and interest in logic increased.

By your theory this would make me ...what? This is prolly why people think I have tertiary Te.

And fine, I could accept that, that Te is actually my tertiary...but that means my first function was Ne or Se.

Ehhhh...

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was in my earlier teen years I could have honestly been mistaken for a ENTP, I was such a little troll :devil:, I think getting older Si has helped me appreciate more subtle tones and textures in art and music, like a slight bittersweet melancholy.:frown:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Se > Fi > Si > Ne > Fe > Ni > Ti.

Basically that's how it goes in my head. Or rather how it went up until this point right now.

As for why it is 7 out of 8 like that? Dont ask me it's just an observation of how ive recognised functions in myself.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
very Fi as a child- sensitive, carried my stuffed animal everywhere I went till I was like 7, big thick glasses (not that it's an indication of Fi but it's really funny) quiet, just wanted to hang out with my grandmother or play solitaire or throw birthday parties for my dolls.

Seemed more Ne around 9 through 18, lots of interests and desires and openness and writing, meeting people, I was also extremely silly

But became a tyrant on and off for a few years in there, angry outbursts and such, defiant and pushing my boundaries... (teenager.)

I thought I had more Te there for a while, but I think a lot of my early 20's was more Si, I got from my mom and just really hard times.... When you need to rise out of a bad situation you just work hard and put one foot in front of the other... Super S focused. Just do things to get what needs to be done, DONE! Keep plugging and going step by step and you'll get there. It took me a long time to develop that completely but I really desperately needed it ... If I had to guess now I'm more Ne/Fi/Si/Te...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I honestly don't believe this theory, that some people are using one function until they are 15 years old, I think this is absurd.
I've cut corners when explaining the thing, but I believe the proponents of this theory were talking about strong functions.

And yeah, many people have been clear-cut cases of stereotypes in their early years. I think it's part of the thing in growing up. It's nice if someone doesn't experiment with their persona while growing up; also, it's nice when they do. It's a learning experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've cut corners when explaining the thing, but I believe the proponents of this theory were talking about strong functions.

And yeah, many people have been clear-cut cases of stereotypes in their early years. I think it's part of the thing in growing up. It's nice if someone doesn't experiment with their persona while growing up; also, it's nice when they do. It's a learning experience.

I was really thinking of my life as I grew up, how sensitive I could be, and how oriented I could be both toward playing alone and reading books or being outdoors or with animals; but how early on I was geared toward performing: singing, dancing, anything to get attention...but also other arts and crafts, like making candles, hook rugs, cross stitch, I remember spending hours drawing faces or cats, and eyeballs (lol). I remember making my own dance routines, my own "musical" on cassette tapes and wanting to learn to cook.

Prototypical Artisan child.

Then at puberty I was easily quite forward with boys, brave in the sense that someone would describe the SP Aggressors in Socionics.

Based on that we could say that Se was actually my first function to develop, but I don't see it. I was so inclined to solitude, having one best friend at a time, crying easily and being sensitive, and more overall like an IFP child. I also had that "people pleaser" but "lazy" quality of a little IFP, that makes them seem like some kind of messy ISFJ who doesn't follow through with routines.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti has been in my life for as long as I can remember. I think the rest pretty much followed suit.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Se > Fi > Si > Ne > Fe > Ni > Ti.

Basically that's how it goes in my head. Or rather how it went up until this point right now.

As for why it is 7 out of 8 like that? Dont ask me it's just an observation of how ive recognised functions in myself.

If your top two functions are Se<Fi, then why aren't you an ESFP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me it's surely ENTP.
So, why ENTP for me?

according to this, I'm actually an INFP :D