• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type my fiance!

Which is the most likely temperment?

• SJ

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • SP

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since meeting my fiance, I've been very strongly attracted to him, and I get along better with him than with anyone else. However, I have the absolute hardest time trying to type him! I'm hoping someone else might be able to give me a more objective look. I'll try to consciously speak to the letter dichotomies.

E/I: Very energetic, and likes doing things outdoors. Presents as introverted on the surface, but can be loud and expressive when comfortable. Less introverted and more anti-social, almost. Doesn't like most people, only has a few friends and is in sporadic contact with them. I am the only person he sees on a regular basis, as well as his co-workers. Likes going out and spending time in big cities, but is adamant about making his home in rural areas. Privacy-centric and not immediately willing to divulge personal information. Likes playing "characters" in interactions with strangers.
N/S: Not really sure of this. Lacks a memory for solid fact or details. Can be immensely focused at times, but generally has a "dreamy" quality. Enjoys being submerged in sensory detail. Has an entrepreneurial streak and comes up with plans and schemes which he likes putting into action. "Big picture" thinker but not especially speculative. Very practical. Enjoys creative fiction (movies) of varying genres, mostly sci-fi, smart comedy, film noir, and documentaries. Visual/kinestetic learner.
T/F: Strongly Fi+Te, but I have problems telling to what degree one takes precedence. Emotionally sensitive, tends to see things in black or white terms. Does not like playing nice or sticking to social conventions. Often has emotional outbursts which can overwhelm him, but only in privacy. Enjoys structure: he keeps a budget religiously, and he has already planned our honeymoon, 5 months in advance, down to the minute.
P/J: Somewhat spontaneous in daily life - little decisions like what to have for dinner can wait until the last moment, but he loves making lists of all sorts (budgets, itineraries, to-dos and shopping lists). External living environment can sometimes suffer and tends to be neglected during times of stress.

As far as I can tell he's Fi/Te and Ni/Se but it's nearly impossible for me to tell which is dominant. His enneagram type is 3w4, and he's got a 7w8 fix in his tri-type somewhere, I'm sure. Thoughts or questions? :D

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Actually from reading this again he seems xNTJ. He definitely is an Fi/Te or user of some sort. He also sounds like he uses some good Ni, and he doesn't sound Si at all. I'm thinking he is INTJ with strong Fi or maybe even ISFP.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He sounds similar to an ESTP I know. The guy I know is a type of lovable jerk, always says obnoxious things but very charismatic.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E/I: Very energetic, and likes doing things outdoors. Presents as introverted on the surface, but can be loud and expressive when comfortable. Less introverted and more anti-social, almost. Doesn't like most people, only has a few friends and is in sporadic contact with them. I am the only person he sees on a regular basis, as well as his co-workers.

This to me makes me think ENxP at first. i've tested a friend (ENTP) who sees himself as introverted funnily enough.

Not really sure of this. Lacks a memory for solid fact or details. Can be immensely focused at times

I think this could be a lack of Si. Last part sounds like either Te or Ti

Enjoys being submerged in sensory detail. Has an entrepreneurial streak and comes up with plans and schemes which he likes putting into action. "Big picture" thinker but not especially speculative

Sounds like Ne-Ti here, first part either Se or Si...

T/F: Strongly Fi+Te, but I have problems telling to what degree one takes precedence. Emotionally sensitive, tends to see things in black or white terms. Does not like playing nice or sticking to social conventions. Often has emotional outbursts which can overwhelm him, but only in privacy. Enjoys structure: he keeps a budget religiously, and he has already planned our honeymoon, 5 months in advance, down to the minute.

It's kind of hard to tell. Did he start realizing the plans after 'feeling' like going on a honeymoon? If so, that would probably suggest ENFP, which seems to jell with the previous quotes

P/J: Somewhat spontaneous in daily life - little decisions like what to have for dinner can wait until the last moment, but he loves making lists of all sorts (budgets, itineraries, to-dos and shopping lists). External living environment can sometimes suffer and tends to be neglected during times of stress.

Suggests Te as some priority of teh consciousness. I would agree with the first response, he sounds more an ENFP than anything else. Or ENTP even..

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He sounds similar to an ESTP I know. The guy I know is a type of lovable jerk, always says obnoxious things but very charismatic.

I wouldn't call him charismatic persay, but I'm very open to the possibility of him being both extroverted and a sensor.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This to me makes me think ENxP at first. i've tested a friend (ENTP) who sees himself as introverted funnily enough.
It's kind of hard to tell. Did he start realizing the plans after 'feeling' like going on a honeymoon? If so, that would probably suggest ENFP, which seems to jell with the previous quotes

He's definitely got an energy which I immediately classify as 'extroverted' and that's what I was trying to convey. Still, I think that a huge part of extroversion does deal with how one interacts with others, which is something he prefers to do as little of as possible. :unsure: I'm quite torn on it myself!

And I would say that planning the honeymoon was something that he decided based on how he felt, all of the places and activities are personally meaningful to us.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
does he hate the idea of 'just being with people', but you would still go as far as calling him extroverted? that could be an indicator of Ne. Ne is pretty uninterested in the moment so that could explain this. 3w4 is a pretty extroverted type too:shock:

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just made him take a test off of similarminds, and he got these results
Introverted (I) 68.97% Extroverted (E) 31.03%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Judging (J) 52.78% Perceiving (P) 47.22%

Then talked to me for a solid 8 minutes about how it would be cool to be a botanist. :shrug::unsure:
:wubbie:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would have thought IXTJ with the initial description.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm starting to think he may be an ISTJ with a very well developed ENFP alter-ego... he was raised in a family of ESFxs, may have developed some strong EF traits as a coping mechanism?

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
He's definitely got an energy which I immediately classify as 'extroverted' and that's what I was trying to convey. Still, I think that a huge part of extroversion does deal with how one interacts with others, which is something he prefers to do as little of as possible. :unsure: I'm quite torn on it myself!

And I would say that planning the honeymoon was something that he decided based on how he felt, all of the places and activities are personally meaningful to us.

extroversion isn't so much "interacting" with others, as it is having your consciousness reside "without your self"; you can have an irritable, reclusive extrovert--it's entirely possible--and a fun-loving, open to adventure introvert.

playing roles upon meeting people to me seems very much the "performer role", but not only that, it speaks of a lack of emphasis on the self, and instead, that emphasis is projected to an area outside of the self--i see this as an extroverted quality.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
extroversion isn't so much "interacting" with others, as it is having your consciousness reside "without your self"; you can have an irritable, reclusive extrovert--it's entirely possible--and a fun-loving, open to adventure introvert.

playing roles upon meeting people to me seems very much the "performer role", but not only that, it speaks of a lack of emphasis on the self, and instead, that emphasis is projected to an area outside of the self--i see this as an extroverted quality.

That's pretty much what I was trying to articulate, that his emphasis is much more outside of himself than I feel is capable for an introvert (I'm relatively ambiverted but I don't have nearly the same type of energy/emphasis).

bump

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would have thought IXTJ with the initial description.
That was what I thought.

I'm starting to think he may be an ISTJ with a very well developed ENFP alter-ego... he was raised in a family of ESFxs, may have developed some strong EF traits as a coping mechanism?

But you said this...

Not really sure of this. Lacks a memory for solid fact or details.

I think that pretty much eliminates ISTJ.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, just to throw another wrench in, he sounds almost exactly like my isfp ex. The list-making stuff might nudge him closer to Te, though.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Huh, just to throw another wrench in, he sounds almost exactly like my isfp ex. The list-making stuff might nudge him closer to Te, though.

When I first started trying to type him, ISFP was my initial guess. :shrug:

S

Society

sounds like a mature P who learned to over compensate a bit in having to deal with the J aspects of life's demands.

As far as I can tell he's Fi/Te and Ni/Se but it's nearly impossible for me to tell which is dominant. His enneagram type is 3w4, and he's got a 7w8 fix in his tri-type somewhere, I'm sure. Thoughts or questions? :D

there's only two kinds of Ps with with all those functions: ISFPs and ESFPs

not sure which one.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] I summon thee to provide an MBTI tritype theory answer!

please