• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've decided that it is time for me to confirm my type! Care to assist?

Evette

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure what to include in this description, so all of the details may not be entirely relevant. This was definitely awkward to write, but I may as well give it a go.

Firstly, I'm a sixteen-year old girl. I've been told that teenagers aren't usually typed accurately because they're still developing their processes. Regardless of how true this is I'm going to proceed anyways. Oh, and also, I'm not looking to be educated. I have a good understanding of the functions, I simply don't know which I identify with the most.

So, uhh... I'm going to use some of the questions from other posts.

You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'm sure that my initial thought would be something along the lines of, "Oh shit!" Following that thought I would question what went wrong with the car, but then remember that I know very little about vehicular mechanics. My outward reaction would be to laugh and ask someone else if they knew what the problem could be.

You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'm not really interested in partying, but they are the ones who provided me with a ride so I wouldn't really be at liberty to complain. I'd just find a place to sit and entertain myself by playing on my smart phone or something.

On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I would assess their claims for validity. If it is particularly stupid, I might inwardly scoff, but (depending on the severity of the topic) I probably wouldn't openly reprimand them. In response, I would voice my opinion on the matter. If it upsets them, then too bad. I won't get aggressive, but I also won't sacrifice my beliefs for another man's ego.

What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Um, obviously it depends on how serious it is. I witness a mockery of my beliefs with each church sermon I'm forced to sit through, but I don't really care that other people believe that way. It would be an entirely different story if I were to see somebody intentionally inflicting harm on somebody else. In that situation I would do what anybody would do and try to stop the conflict.

What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I am a person who values originality, intelligence, compassion, and ambition. I guess the way that I determined this is mostly innate with some minor influence from my observances. I mean, I was raised by a solid ENFP mother who taught that there is a righteous god, and that anything and everything is possible so long as you believe! It didn't take me too long to evolve out of this mindset. In the last couple of years I did some serious research into both religion and science and discovered early on that I'm definitely preferential to the latter. Contrary to popular belief, it seems that most faiths are really quite limited. It is science that takes us above and beyond. Maybe others require the crutch of spirituality to guide them in their lives, but I'm perfectly capable of making decisions that are both fair and rational without ancient guidelines clouding my judgment.

What is your predominant fault?
A stifling lack of connectivity. On one hand I really like the idea of engaging in the world, but I oftentimes find myself bored of it. Then because of my inability to truly feel connected, I overcompensate by pretending that I immerse myself in life, and oftentimes find myself giving others advise that resembles "Carpe Diem!" I can be a bit fun-loving and rambunctious around my friends at times, but I dislike behaving this way because I know that it is only a mask. I can interact well with others when discussing things that I care about, but I'm not comfortable with typical social situations.

Yeah, I doubt that this is really enough to determine a type, so I'll also include my results to this little test. (Keys2Cognition)

29z5v5s.png

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why the fuck do intps like pictures of owls for their avatars?

Evette

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I think I fit in well with the INTPs for the most part, but I feel that I lack certain characteristics that they possess. For example, I've read people of this type claim that they lack any sort of drive, and while I'm a hardcore procrastinator, I do have ambition.

And to answer your question, owls are cool.