• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type my sisters

alicia91

I have four sisters, two of whom I've figured out (ESFP & INTJ). The other two I'm not sure of - one I think I've figured out the dictomies for but the description of the type doesn't seem to fit. The other is someone who I would say may have some kind of mental health issue, but never seems to find a diagnosis. She's really weird, but perhaps I could understand her better through MBTI?

Sister #1

- age 37
- definately an I (more introverted than I am)
- definately an S - practical, has s-type interests - cooking, decorating, gardening, etc. never heard her say one theoretical, philosophical thing in her life
- is an extreme ice-princess, can be very cold and dismissive of other's concerns, is not sentimental, doesn't care about tradition, holidays, etc. things a lot of it is stupid, atheist
- is very matter of fact about things yet she's quite creative
- is fun once she opens up, likes to party and (drink)
- works as a manager of women's clothing store, has always been a bit cutting edge - latest haircut, etc. Quite dolled-up.
- we get along fabulously, we have a lot in common though I'm a lot more sensitive, etc.

ISTJ, ISTP??

Sister #2

- age 41
- was very outgoing as a child and teen, now has become very reclusive and secretive
- has poor social skills and they are getting worse with age. If she's at a family gathering, if what the rest of us aren't talking directly to her or about a subject she finds interesting, she will go off on her own, maybe even to bed
- when we get on a subject she likes or she's just in the right mood, she will talk your ear off and you can't get a word in edgewise
- can not 'read' people at all. She talks a lot about inane stuff like celebrities and what she's read about in the Enquirer and when my eyes glaze over she doesn't notice
- lost more than one job because of personal boundary issues. Was a receptionist at a high-end salon and was fired after she asked a client about her plastic surgery
- she gets herself into situations that just wouldn't happen to people who had common sense. She accepted a ride from a stranger and almost got raped, etc.
- is good with animals - they love her, she loves them
- befriends the strangest people - homeless people, etc. and invites them to our family parties!
- has never been married though she would have liked to, most men I know find her scary. She's really still very 'hot' for her age and has one night stands with 20-somethings.
- has never gotten anywhere in her career - works in a minimum wage job
- has no S-type interests like Sis #1 and me, yet I don't see any N-interests either. She's not practical at all, but not theoretical/philosophical either! Went to school and got a degree in Media Writing and sold a couple of articles to Soap Opera Digest. Also used to take photographs at media events for local publications, but this career never really took off.
- she moved back and forth from her hometown to LA and dated a few famous rock stars. I think she believed that she would marry one of them.
- in and out of rehab for Vicodin addiction. Clean for about 4 years.
- we are like oil and water - don't get along at all!
- my parents have described us as polar opposites but I don't think that's true MBTI-wise.
- I had thought perhaps that she was an unhealthy ESFP, but they are supposed to have great people skills and that's the thing she's lacking in the most (and always has).

Help!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think you got yourself an ISTP for the first one and the second one seems to either be an ISFP or INFP (Introverts can become very talkative in conversations if it is a topic of their interest- overall, she seems introverted to me).

alicia91

Thanks. Yeah, I think the first is ISTP though she's all feminine and fashion-concious (they are usually described as tomboys).

If sister #2 is ISFP, then I must be mistyped! :horor: Most of my friends are SPs and she's so crazy compared to everyone - not practical and down-to-earth at all. She's still daydreaming about marrying Tommy Lee and moving to LA. Most of the SPs I know are more realistic, firmly grounded but yikes! Oh did I mention that she thinks that she's going to be famous one day (though she works as a security guard at an apartment building). She's doing nothing to GET herself famous - just dreaming about it.

am_i_evil666

Sister #1-ISTJ
Sister #2-...erm...ExFP...i can't really tell. evenif ESFPs are supposed to have great people skills, that doesn't mean she necesarilly has to have them....underdeveloped ENFP or even INFP, but definitely FP.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think you got yourself an ISTP for the first one and the second one seems to either be an ISFP or INFP (Introverts can become very talkative in conversations if it is a topic of their interest- overall, she seems introverted to me).

i would put my money there too. sis 1 as ISTP and i probably lean to INFP for sis 2.

based on the fact that you get along well with sis 1 i say she is not a J and based on the fact that you do not get along with sis 2 i'd say she's an N. the other aspects are based on your description of their behaviour.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks. Yeah, I think the first is ISTP though she's all feminine and fashion-concious (they are usually described as tomboys).

If sister #2 is ISFP, then I must be mistyped! :horor: Most of my friends are SPs and she's so crazy compared to everyone - not practical and down-to-earth at all. She's still daydreaming about marrying Tommy Lee and moving to LA. Most of the SPs I know are more realistic, firmly grounded but yikes! Oh did I mention that she thinks that she's going to be famous one day (though she works as a security guard at an apartment building). She's doing nothing to GET herself famous - just dreaming about it.

Yea, she's not an ISFP. I'm going to go with INFP.

alicia91

Yeah, I'm starting to think that she's an NFP. She's kind of an oddball compared to the other sisters, though I do think that my youngest sister is an INTJ. But she's practical and realistic - but then I get along very well with the NTs I've met.

I wrote my description of sis #2 on a day when I was annoyed with her, she really does have good qualities and I feel bad for describing her so negatively. But what I wrote certainly is the truth.

Good qualities:

- sentimental, cares about holidays, remembers birthdays,
- very openly caring - verbally and physically - puts her arm around people etc.
- is a good listener
- remembers details about people and asks about them 'how is your friend who had the surgery?'

I'm going to read up on the NFPs and see what I think. It may explain a lot. Though I think the drugs and boozing have greatly affected her over the years.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
First sis could be ISTP
Second sis - remember birthdays - Not NFP :D.
And people aren't scared of NFP's most of the time. ;)
And NFP's have great people skills.
I would say she has Fe as her primary or secondary function -> openly caring, brings strange people home etc. Or if she is scary to most of men, then she could be Te dominant / or as second function.

alicia91

Interesting - thanks for your input! I'm going to look at Fe and Te more closely.

Sis #2 - I've been thinking more about her. Over the years I've definately wondered if there is more going on, like if she has a mild disorder of some kind. My father (who I suspect is INTP) also has some of odd social skills though they are nothing alike in other ways. According to relatives, my grandpa has some of these traits too and with all three of them, it increased with age. Though I have no idea where you draw the line between personality type and disorder.

Another thing about her, which doesn't sound NF is that she has a great knowledge of "facts" (almost entirely about the entertrainment field) and tend to use them to prove her point or challenge someone, often in cases where most of us would say 'who cares?' For example, I was watching TV and saw Brooke Shields on a show, and I casually said "nice to see a woman my age still working in Hollywood" to which she replied "actually YOU are three months older than Brooke." (gee, thanks for the correction). Another one - my husband was talking about when he first started working in this industry (over 20 years ago) and he said "when I started at GM they paid me $35,000" to which she interjected "no, you told me you got $31,000 at the time." (she remembered this from 23 years ago, why is she keeping track of my husband's salary?). No sense of personal privacy/what is appropriate, I believe that she told my two younger teens that "your mom first had sex when she was 16." She did that because she wants to be 'on their level and not have any secrets.' Huh? how embarrassing for me. But she's clueless.

Her hobbies? I couldn't think of any originally. But she's very much into reading facts and gossip about the entertainment industry - so she has a huge collection of Rolling Stone magazines, reads the National Enquirer/People, has read a lot of biographies about rock groups (though she doesn't otherwise read - claims not to have read a fiction book since high-school). No interest in computers or anything online - doesn't even have an email.