• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help typing me?

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
reading all this, you strike me as more of a 5w6 than anything else. 5s can be a lot like 6s under stress, and they can have the temper of 8s (which you mentioned). And also, as far as your dream goes, read up on Emily Dickinson XD

Chocobo Breeder

reading all this, you strike me as more of a 5w6 than anything else. 5s can be a lot like 6s under stress, and they can have the temper of 8s (which you mentioned). And also, as far as your dream goes, read up on Emily Dickinson XD

So that's 4 votes I have for 5w6 (2 not being in this thread), 3 for 6w5. And you mean how she went crazy living alone? Yeah, maybe I'll have to bring my SO along with me just in case :alttongue:.

I really don't think any of these descriptions cover my personality or motives well. Do a lot of people have that problem with the enneagram? I act like a 5 as far as my hobbies go, though I can act like a 4 with them as well. My main motive is probably the perfectionism of one. I would consider 3, but really the only motivating factor in my life that has to do with how others see me is to make sure I get a good job so I don't end up homeless lol. I approach life with the enthusiasm and optimism of a 7, and most people who know me would see me as a 7 with nerdy interests. Sometimes I ponder world domination for fun, just to see what I could come up with, but I don't think many of the 8 traits fit me other than anger and occasional bossiness (sorry if world domination isn't an 8 trait lol). And I guess I can give in to the group a lot like a 9, but I think that's if I don't see a good reason to put up a fight. I don't think I'm a 2... that's for sure, but hey I guess I could aspire to that sometime in the future as well. And I think 6 is pretty much a cop out for not fitting in the other types, being "a bundle of opposites" and all. I'm not satisfied with the enneagram. :dalek:

Chocobo Breeder

Also, as a child my teachers would say things like "Oh yeah, because you're so special" very sarcastically to me when I would speak up about how I don't relate to what they're talking about. They were always trying to empathize with kids or help us with problems and I thought they were idiots for doing so. Or maybe it was the condescending way they went about it. Does that make me a 4? I'm so confused :17425:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really don't think any of these descriptions cover my personality or motives well. Do a lot of people have that problem with the enneagram? I act like a 5 as far as my hobbies go, though I can act like a 4 with them as well.

No. The only problem was figuring out whether 9 or 4 was my main type. Being a 4, going out having fun, intellectualizing or questioning other people's motives never really seemed to fool me that I wasn't a 4. I suppose I've known myself for a long time, but usually you should know who you are.

I think if you question it this much you probably have 6/5 traits, as most of us have already thought ;)

edit: you also mentioned scoring high on 9, so you're probably more like 9 and 6, which leads me to think your main type is more likely 6 than 5.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, as a child my teachers would say things like "Oh yeah, because you're so special" very sarcastically to me when I would speak up about how I don't relate to what they're talking about. They were always trying to empathize with kids or help us with problems and I thought they were idiots for doing so. Or maybe it was the condescending way they went about it. Does that make me a 4? I'm so confused :17425:

Hehe, no that doesn't make you a 4. That just makes them dicks haha.

The good thing about the enneagram is that it is not set in stone like MBTI, and that we move around on a pattern based on predetermined mindsets. :)

With your instinctual variants, I'd say you are an Sp/sx or Sp/So. Not too sure which just yet.
Been touching up my reading on type 5 and 6.. leaning more to 5w6 right now. Think of how you are when you are in healthier states of mind, that helped me. Mainly because there I'd say there is less contradiction in behaviour and you become more clear about yourself. Recall how you felt at your best times and try to think with that mindset which type suits you best. Also look at in terms of over time rather than specific events and scenarios.

I think type 6 is probably the most common type, mainly because so many people just identify to the anxiety and search for security of that type. As far as I can tell anyhow. Alot of them would be 9's though like myself. :alttongue:

So far I'm still leaning on 5w6, based on you behavior, but I shall look up more.

p.s even I score high on 6, sometimes even higher than type 9, to a lesser extent 5 and 4. But I know I'm a 9 based on observing myself over long periods, at my best and worse.

Chocobo Breeder

Sorry, I've been stressed out lately so my mind hasn't been running so smoothly. My SO convinced me that I'm a 5w6. He found this link

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-forum-investigator/64859-overview-5w6-problem-solver.html

compared to this

http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-forum-loyalist/64856-overview-6w5-defender.html

Hope this helps some other people find their type as well lol.

And to Joehobo, I'm pretty sure I'm an Sp/Sx, though I've considered Sx/Sp haha. Lol and yeah they were dicks :D