• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thoughts on my type version 2.0

What's my type?

• INTP

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • INFP

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other, or outside the box

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, let's try this again. For anyone who has not gotten burned out from the last one, here are my answers to another questionnaire from Personality Cafe. I think it may be more accurate than the one on this site. We'll see.

I have obsessed about my type for more than a year and have come to the conclusion I am probably untypable. Which I think is a flaw in the system, and I am thinking about how to reinvent it to be more inclusive. I fully expect it to be divided among 3 types based on the questions and people's associations with what I say.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Sex: female

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image002.jpg

It’s a nice photo. Good quality. Good use of composition. The eye is drawn to the blue lines of the bridge and the way they swoop up. It has a feeling of hopefulness and positivity. I’m not sure I would want to be in the photo though. It looks a little dreary. It’s a good contrast with the positive feeling of the lines though. It looks like it was originally black and white and was colored in key spots. Nice use of the technique if it’s true. If not the colors are remarkable. The figure looks out of proportion. I also like the reflection on the wet bridge.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initial thoughts: “I don’t like being in the middle of nowhere. It’s full of rednecks. Well, we’re smart, so we’ll be ok. Now we have to get the car fixed. I wonder if anyone has AAA. We’ll probably have to get it towed. We probably won’t make it to the concert. That sucks. I wonder if we can get our money back.”
Outward reactions: calm, collected. Offering ideas and support.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Thoughts: “Sounds like fun. Parties can have chaotic energy, but as long as we stick together it should be fine. Carpe diem. Get out of your comfort zone and engage in life.” I would go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I would instantaneously evaluate what I agreed and disagreed with and why, and formulate my response. I would assess what his/her attitude was in saying it and what my attitude was and whether emotion or other personal factors were making either of us biased. Then I would respond with an emphasis on looking at the big picture.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
This has happened many times, and I have to modify my internal framework (both objective and subjective). I notice how I feel about this clash, and how much my ego might be attached to my beliefs and and whether I need to detach more to know the big picture.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I value things both objectively and subjectively. Externally I value freedom, harmony, truth, responsibility, happiness, independence, collective empowerment, thinking outside the box, being openminded, seeing interconnectedness, having a balanced ego, compassion within reason, and honesty (both with others and yourself), among other things. I value practicality and applicability, as well as imagination and idealism and pointless mental activity. For me personally I value health and fitness, competence, being extraordinary, beauty, pleasure, logic, humor, being stable and sane, knowing myself, independence, maturity, and constant commitment to being my best. The most important thing to me is to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe (both objective and subjective). My ethics have evolved over the years and now consist of ‘be responsible for the consequences of your actions.’ (I don’t like making moral judgments anymore because they seem too Christian/religious. I’m pagan/Taoist/Hindu/atheist. The truth is never black and white or dualistic.) That said, I will protect and defend people and things I feel connected to. I feel one with the Earth and the life on it. (I also believe it is objectively true that we need to protect the earth no matter how people feel about it because it makes sense.) I feel connected to the goddess and god energy and am a feminist. Being pagan I believe in looking at things from the perspective of all human history and not being biased in favor of “civilization” and technology. I value both science and mysticism. Everything is balance. My values have never really changed, just had different emphases.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
I am more honest than most. I am never afraid of truth.
I am still a little socially awkward and working on acquiring social skills. Sometimes I can be too direct and it sounds critical and insensitive.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Intuition is a very important tool, especially for a witch. I always trust my intuition, and it is very reliable and accurate. I always balance my subjective feelings with objective reality though, because they can be biased or clouded by emotion.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Analytical activity and the process of searching for answers, daydreaming, being in nature, listening to music, and dancing energize me.
Being unhappy or mentally confused drains me, and emotional drama really drains me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I don’t always tell people about my philosophical and spiritual ideas because I figure they might be bored, and I can’t explain things very well without time to think about it. But if we get into a conversation about it, I am very enthusiastic. There are probably other things I can’t think of right now. It depends on who I am around. I try to fit into whatever situation I am in, and be a chameleon.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. I don't know who Sylvanas is, so I don't know.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yoda%20esb.jpg

Here is an interesting fellow who could be INTP, INTJ, or INFJ (maybe even INFP). Maybe by typing Yoda we can type [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Re Yoda: So I am like Yoda, am I? haha

Re: Well, I don't know why it's so important to me. It's not so much anymore. I don't know. I like to analyze things and put them in categories. It's the way I spend time when I should be doing other things.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Re: Well, I don't know why it's so important to me. It's not so much anymore. I don't know. I like to analyze things and put them in categories. It's the way I spend time when I should be doing other things.

Well, you're interested in getting to know yourself so you can focus on strengthening your weaker points and evolve. No?

Knowing your MBTI type, or better said your psychological tendencies, is key in achieving this.

AmIwrong? :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe you should do what [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] does by listing an MBTI tritype in your sig, like for example Mal+ is INTP ENTP ISTJ, and you could be say an INTJ INFP INTP

I don't know just a random idea for your type in an unorthodox fashion. Hey, if you try something new, you never know what will work! Mal+ has a theory that we take on traits of multiple types, a view possibly worth subscribing to.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I just have it easy being the INTP posterboy that I am.

As for your type, you seem to relate most to the INTP type and I have so far not seen any conclusive evidence that that would not be the case, so I'll vote INTP.

...for now.. :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe you should do what [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] does by listing an MBTI tritype in your sig, like for example Mal+ is INTP ENTP ISTJ, and you could be say an INTJ INFP INTP

I don't know just a random idea for your type in an unorthodox fashion. Hey, if you try something new, you never know what will work! Mal+ has a theory that we take on traits of multiple types, a view possibly worth subscribing to.

It's worthy because when I read type descriptions I see myself in more than one of them. And the same thing happens when I do the same for other people that I've known and observed for years. My boss that I've had for over 8 years is ESTJ, ENTJ, and ESTP. But ESTJ stands out most prominently.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with the tri type. So that's what people were doing; I thought it was confusing test results people had gotten. The positive side of giving it way too much thought is that if I can modify the system somehow to be inclusive of mixed types, that could be kind of revolutionary and other people could understand themselves better too. I think cognitive functions can kind of combine themselves sometimes in different levels of development. It seems like it would be necessary, because they balance each other out and one would have to develop to balance the other; and if they are in vertical order in the consciousness, some can exist side by side but they still have to go through the original vertical structure. I don't agree with inferior and shadow functions always being negative; they are just more unconscious and so take more time and effort to develop and incorporate.

Chocobo Breeder

This has happened many times, and I have to modify my internal framework (both objective and subjective). I notice how I feel about this clash, and how much my ego might be attached to my beliefs and and whether I need to detach more to know the big picture... I don’t like making moral judgments anymore because they seem too Christian/religious. I’m pagan/Taoist/Hindu/atheist...I am more honest than most. I am never afraid of truth...

"I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system, which utterly rejects prejudices such as those GarmGarf mentioned. I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again."

-http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282

Some answers you posted seem very related to Fi to me, but hey I could be wrong. The first part I quoted from you seems to be straight out of the description to Fi. And not wanting to be associated with a specific religion while accepting, or at least being interested in others seems value fixated to me as well. And by the way don't all of the religions you say you belong to have deities, yet you also say you are atheist? "Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities... A deity is a speculative being, natural, supernatural or preternatural, with superhuman powers or qualities, and who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred." Or do you just pick and choose practices of each while ignoring what you don't believe? I'm guessing you do. And the part about being honest and unafraid of truth, does that mean you have a need to be blunt and truthful to others? I don't think there are any interpersonal truths, so it seems Fi to me to believe there are (if that's what you meant at all). I hope some of this helps clarify things, or at least opens up potential types for you.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system, which utterly rejects prejudices such as those GarmGarf mentioned. I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again."

-http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282

This partly applies to me and partly doesn't; I don't change my values to suit my emotions, I suit my emotions to the values, and I don't feel my emotions are trustworthy. I need to listen to them and harmonize them with analysis and objective truth, but I shouldn't just go with them. I don't know. I could be using Fi. It's a little confusing, because I think I use Fi within a Ti framework (kind of hard to explain, but I did in a recent post). It seems like Fi's value system is created from the inside out, and Fe's from the outside in; and it seems like mine is more Fe (but I could be wrong). Good description.

Some answers you posted seem very related to Fi to me, but hey I could be wrong. The first part I quoted from you seems to be straight out of the description to Fi. And not wanting to be associated with a specific religion while accepting, or at least being interested in others seems value fixated to me as well. And by the way don't all of the religions you say you belong to have deities, yet you also say you are atheist? "Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities... A deity is a speculative being, natural, supernatural or preternatural, with superhuman powers or qualities, and who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred." Or do you just pick and choose practices of each while ignoring what you don't believe? I'm guessing you do. And the part about being honest and unafraid of truth, does that mean you have a need to be blunt and truthful to others? I don't think there are any interpersonal truths, so it seems Fi to me to believe there are (if that's what you meant at all). I hope some of this helps clarify things, or at least opens up potential types for you.
You're right, my Fi seems to show itself to the world more.

It's complicated: I am atheist and polytheist at the same time. I believe deities exist as thought forms, collections of energy which we have created- but I don't believe they exist independently of our perception. So one can interact with them if one chooses, or ignore them and have the view that they don't exist, and it won't make a difference either way. Like collective imaginary friends. All my spiritual beliefs which I have taken from various religions have underlying principles which agree. I wrote a document called "Witches' Principles of Belief and Way of Life" on my blog which defines these principles and organizes them, if you want to look it up.

Chocobo Breeder

I suit my emotions to the values, and I don't feel my emotions are trustworthy.
This could be Fi that is compensating for not trusting emotions. Or maybe it's just strong Fe values.
And I did suspect the rest being Fe as well, but I guess I don't have a strong understanding of Fe. For you to have so many strong values and opinions I would think indicates a high Fe or Fi.
Like collective imaginary friends
Hahaha maybe I will read it because I'm confused now xD. I thought a lot of Wicca and paganism relied heavily on deities powers. But I'll have to read to see your take on it. :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. greenfairy026.wordpress.com if you want to check it out.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This could be Fi that is compensating for not trusting emotions. Or maybe it's just strong Fe values.
And I did suspect the rest being Fe as well, but I guess I don't have a strong understanding of Fe. For you to have so many strong values and opinions I would think indicates a high Fe or Fi.

Hahaha maybe I will read it because I'm confused now xD. I thought a lot of Wicca and paganism relied heavily on deities powers. But I'll have to read to see your take on it. :)

Yes, part of my reasoning was that I use Fe in my values more than Fi, and in this way Fe is very developed.

I have thoroughly explored and evaluated the evidence and concluded once again that I am INTP. But also INXP/INTX. It does seem I use Fi a lot more than I previously thought, but I think I use my Ni to incorporate it into my Ti. But I always welcome new information and opinions.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, part of my reasoning was that I use Fe in my values more than Fi, and in this way Fe is very developed.

I have thoroughly explored and evaluated the evidence and concluded once again that I am INTP. But also INXP/INTX. It does seem I use Fi a lot more than I previously thought, but I think I use my Ni to incorporate it into my Ti. But I always welcome new information and opinions.

Fe takes its cues from social groups, what social groups do you use?

Fi and Ni are way low on the totem pole for INTPs.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I am thinking more along the lines of collective values versus individual. My values tend to be in regard to what is the best for the group as a whole, such as the human race or the Earth, or women, or harmony between men and women, etc. I think of the interconnected web of life rather than what I personally like or emotionally react to. I believe people need to respect the interconnected web of life no matter what we think or feel about it. So in this way it is collective rather than individual. I used to take my cues from Democrats. But now it's more indigenous people.

It's true Ni and Fi start out low for most INTP's, but not everyone is the same, and people develop their functions differently and at different levels. I believe the theory that everyone uses 8 functions and in tri types. I mean, by just a standard box-like definition of the types I am impossible to neatly categorize. Do you think I am a typical INFP? I may appear that way in some ways, but I can assure you that if you got to know me you wouldn't think so.