• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Interpretation

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
On many occasions, I have had dreams of "Fish" swimming in the ocean.... Does anyone know the significance of "Fish" in one's dream??

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
dream interpretation isnt that simple. its about what fish means to you, in what situation this fish appeared etc

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I would need to psychoanalyze you first. Full history and such.

Suzy

MBTI Type
INTP
On many occasions, I have had dreams of "Fish" swimming in the ocean.... Does anyone know the significance of "Fish" in one's dream??

Recurring dreams means that your unconscious mind (your "second mind" that creates dreams) is trying to get you to realize something. Think symbolically and metaphorically, and also of what the fish might mean to you personally. Also, ask yourself questions like: is the fish near the surface or down deep in the ocean? Are there other fish? Is the water clear or murky? Does it swim in any notable or peculiar manner? Does it swim, in your opinion, fast or slow? What does the fish look like? Also think about what is happening to you in real life- or when the dreams started.

Think good and hard about it. Automatic writing (writing without conscious thought) might help you understand what you're unconsciously thinking. Once you realize it's meaning, the dreams will stop. I actually have personal experience with recurring dreams.

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
Thanks all. to provide a bit background info... Emotioally, I am going through a period of rapid change in my personal life that even though has been enlightening ,at times has been painful... I have always be fascinated with the world underneath the surface.....I remember even as a child, had recurring dreams about water turtles ( thats what they called?). To me fish symblizes a mystrious creature, calm, kind yet cold.

Aha Moment... Had a recent painful relationship with an INTP man,.. so is it possible that Fish in my dream was a representation of him... Cold, mystrious yet desirable.. Al qualities that I admire??

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
The fish in my dream was not near the surface nor it was it was in the deep (unlike how it appeared in my previous dreams), It was moving gracefully in water which was clean but not shinny...

Suzy

MBTI Type
INTP
Water sometimes symbolizes emotion- depending on the individual, of course. An ocean or river could also possibly symbolize change, as it's always flowing. If you think the fish might symbolize him, then it very well may! I, nor anyone else, can accurately tell you what your dreams mean. Dreams are too personal for that, especially since none of us know you well.

chase9

Fish in your dreams may reflect issues you are noticing in yourself or noticing yourself doing. The ocean could symbolize powerful uncertainty or negativity. I'll quote a dictionary site for you.

"To dream of fish represents unconscious thoughts or unconscious truths. Things you may notice about yourself or your life, but aren't fully aware of their underlying causes.

Positively, fish may reflect valuable insight or positive situations that you aren't fully conscious of or don't fully understand.

Negatively, fish reflect emotional problems or negative emotions that you notice yourself having. You may be aware that you have a problem, but don't undestand the underlying issues that created it.

People undergoing therapy or powerful personal growth often dream of fish swimming below the surface of the water to symbolize new insight that they are close to grasping.

The size of a dream fish reflects how significant or important an issue is. A big fish represents something you know is important, but don't understand. A small fish may reflect a small problem that you have difficulty understanding.

To dream of an ocean represents powerful uncertainty in your life. Confrontation with negative situations or negative emotions. Your biggest struggles or most baffling challenges.

To travel across the ocean represents navigating through a phase of your life that's filled with powerful uncertainty or challenges. You are getting through a problematic situation.

To dream of a calm or pleasant ocean view represents stability, and emotional balance. Issues have been confronted or accepted. You are handling yourself well or have taken control of a difficult situation.

To swim or fall into the ocean represents a confrontation or struggle with uncertainty. You are "head deep" in a problem. You may feel overwhelmed by a problem or challenge."

[Source: DreamBible.com]