• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I? So much internal conflict!

Nicki

Retired
I'm an enfj? Or he is?

Well, I came of age in the 80's so how could I not love Journey? I only wish I could hit those high notes like he does! so I'm relegated to mostly listening, and not singing along. :( I have lots of em....pm me and we'll talk LTGs :blush: Lucky you. My mother situation is like that saying, "water water everywhere but not a drop to drink," because I have had 4 mothers but not really had the mothering I needed, though most of them have tried. I love all food, except a few things, like licorice (I think it's the anise), and jelly beans (who could like those? ick), and shredded cononut (just why? :shock: they could make that shit really good if it wasn't like chewing on hard fiber). I have eclectic music tastes. And, yes, my bff just made me tear up about an hour ago. I love her so much. :heart: I liked the Harry Potter books, but probably couldn't be defined as a Potterhead. *sigh* Oh well, we had a good run of it, eh?

Pretty insightful. I'll be mulling this over now...

I'm female by the way. I try to sing along lol. What's your favorite song by them? I love Don't Stop Believin'. Haha sure. Aww that's awful D: Same here! I don't like licorice and most jellybeans. I only like the watermelon or sour jelly beans by jelly belly. I like shredded coconut though. Especially with vanilla frosting and pound cake. Yummy. Ah I see. Popular music is catchy yet half of it's really meaningless and annoying >.< Aww :') what did she say/do? That's good enough for me lol, who's your favorite character? Haha I guess.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or Ni integrating Fe.

Which came first in the description I quoted? Fe was afraid of interpersonal disagreement for years, then it learned how to use disagreement. Fe-dom is developing its auxiliary.

Nicki

Retired
To the OP: I feel that you're an ENFJ. You have a very extroverted energy shining through in your posts. You are an XNFJ, at the very least.

You say you consider it rude when people can't make good conversation, which seems VERY Fe to me. You couch your statements with apologetics like "this may sound bad but...". I feel like an INFJ would probably just not say it at all.

You sound like a young ENFJ to me.

Edit: Aphrodite, for what it's worth, I have always wondered if you were an ENFJ. I confess I don't have a lot to go on though. Just a hunch.

Really? Oh okay. I think you may be right because you can tell that I'm young through I haven't said anything regarding my age. So I'm leaning more towards ENFJ now.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? Oh okay. I think you may be right because you can tell that I'm young through I haven't said anything regarding my age. So I'm leaning more towards ENFJ now.

You respond to and respect seemingly psychic judgments in others.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which came first in the description I quoted? Fe was afraid of interpersonal disagreement for years, then it learned how to use disagreement. Fe-dom is developing its auxiliary.

Are you saying I'm Fe dom?

Nicki

Retired
You respond to and respect seemingly psychic judgments in others.

I respond to anything I think is helpful... Ehh, I respect anyone for posting in this thread and helping me out, not necessarily because of that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to read between the lines more and appear more psychic in order to gain agreement. This intellectual stuff I put forth just doesn't cut it here. That shows the bias of the Ni who only believes in Ni. :)

Nicki

Retired
I have to read between the lines more and appear more psychic in order to gain agreement. This intellectual stuff I put forth just doesn't cut it here. That shows the bias of the Ni who only believes in Ni. :)

In general or in this thread?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like this thread because the thread title and OP validates the enneagram so well. And I like the enneagram more than static MBTI and JCF.

My money's on ENFJ. INFPs aren't likely to be offended by someone's failure to make conversation, or shyness and nervousness interfering with one's ability to have fun because they've probably felt this way at some point in their lives. Don't think INFJs would point this out either since they normally seem very invested in understanding individual differences in a mature fashion.

My ENFJ mom is great at drawing out shy people in conversation and getting them to do stuff, but she definitely gets annoyed with persistently uncommunicative people and takes it very personally. I'm getting a bit of that vibe from your OP.

Nicki

Retired
I like this thread because the thread title and OP validates the enneagram so well. And I like the enneagram more than static MBTI and JCF.

Thanks I guess. I like enneagram too because I actually have always felt completely sure of my enneagram type. You?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My money's on ENFJ. INFPs aren't likely to be offended by someone's failure to make conversation, or shyness and nervousness interfering with one's ability to have fun because they've probably felt this way at some point in their lives. Don't think INFJs would point this out either since they normally seem very invested in understanding individual differences in a mature fashion.

My ENFJ mom is great at drawing out shy people in conversation and getting them to do stuff, but she definitely gets annoyed with persistently uncommunicative people and takes it very personally. I'm getting a bit of that vibe from your OP.

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. And my ENFJ mom is like that as well :happy2:

I think we've just about wrapped this one up, MBTI wise, at least.

Nicki

Retired
Thank you everyone! I'm pretty sure, through all your replies and a bit of thinking, that I'm an ENFJ!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks I guess. I like enneagram too because I actually have always felt completely sure of my enneagram type. You?

For the first month I was certain I was a 4w5. It turn out that this is a common mistake for the 5w4 to make.