• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I? So much internal conflict!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh okay. I'm not sure because I actually do get energized from interacting with people.

Then you're an extravert. This is adding up to ENFJ more and more.

Nicki

Retired
I think we need more information and more examples of how you function in real life to make a better assesment. You are much more than the OP's post alone.

I'm still thinking INFP myself though, but ENFJ is not such a far cry either, maybe you could focus on the differences between those two types and find your answer. :p

Oh okay, could you guys ask me questions? I'll be more than happy to answer. Alright, I'll try that too.

Nicki

Retired
Ah, you might be extroverted then. Cognitive function tests are completely off for me but I had some luck with the MBTI tests, particularly if you take multiple ones and try to answer honestly. They at least help with identifying T/F and I/E, the other two functions are a little more problematic since many tests conflate intelligence with N and neatness with J.

Most S descriptions you'll find online are written by intuitives who don't really have a great understanding about sensors, so for example the INFJ descriptions will be all "visionary! brilliant! almost psychic knowledge of other people!" and the ISFJ description will be like "cleans the house so well! not too bright but tries really hard!" The ISTP descriptions nearly all suggest that we should be mechanics, racecar drivers and pro sports players. Etc. So this leads to a lot of Ss who consider themselves intelligent to mistype as N, since we don't identify with the "dumb jock" depicted in many online type descriptions.

I completely agree with you! The S descriptions are usually not too well written about S types. Haha I agree! Mhm, I can see that happening.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I see. I asked that because many others were saying that they saw Fi in my post. Thanks again for clarifying.

There is also the possibility that in JCF you are Ni dominant, but in the MBTI you're an ENFJ. I'm not flip-flopping but only pointing to the fact that these are not the same system, because they have very different ideas of what an extravert is.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looky what I found, a very large wall of text comparing ENFJ and INFP. Seems to be rather accurate, worth a read.

What is the difference between Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Feeling as dominant mental functions? Note that Extraverted Feeling is a dominant function for ENFJ and ESFJ personality types and Introverted Feeling is a dominant function for INFP and ISFP personalities. However this document is skewed towards ENFJ and INFP types.

Extraverted Feeling, if a dominant mental function, is concerned with connecting or disconnecting from others. It focuses its attention on surface feelings and on feelings that are easier to understand and/or sympathize with. By doing so, it makes it much easier to connect with others because it recognizes the strengths in others as well as their appreciation or gratitude. On the other hand, it tends to either ignore or harshly judge emotional desires that don't fit into societal norms, and can manifest itself through bullying or prejudice. Intimate friendships also tend to be more infrequent for Extraverted Feeling.

That said, Extraverted Feeling works to discern and adjust to the needs of others, even to the point of confusing the feelings of others with one's own. Being polite, entertaining, considerate and socially appropriate in one's behavior grow out of Extraverted Feeling.

Other normal characteristics of Extraverted Feeling as a dominant mental function include: sensitivity to and dependency on the gratitude or appreciation of others, and a preference for closure in one's relations with others, which make it easier to extricate from relational ties.

Introverted Feeling, if a dominant mental function, measures one's situations and experiences against internal values and ideals. It excels at reading subtle distinctions in the emotional tones of others even if those emotions are dark or not superficial. This makes those with Introverted Feeling good at detecting lies and insincerity, but also causes them to avoid following social expectations if by doing so they would be acting insincerely or falsely. This allows them to be more faithful to their own values and ideals but at the cost of social connection.

Introverted Feeling also provides an internal sense of the nature or essence of others. Naturally, this doesn't always encourage sympathy with others, and can manifest as intense disappointment when others don't match up to one's ideals. Though this disappointment usually remains unspoken, it sometimes results in the expression of criticism that goes beyond the boundaries of what is considered socially acceptable.

Introverted Feeling prefers intimate friendship rather than casual friendship. But because Introverted Feeling as a dominant function dislikes closure in relations with others, the loss of loved ones can be especially difficult.

I would theorize that those with dominant Introverted Feeling are not only able to recognize the subtleties of feelings in others but also in their own self. The result of this sensitivity is twofold: (1) they "feel" their own emotions much more intensely than Extraverted Feelers, and (2) they feel impelled to heal or console those they encounter who are suffering, and are better equipped to do so than Extraverted Feelers.

In conclusion, I am curious what impact Intuition has upon an INFP's dominant Introverted Feeling? I would think an INFP's secondary mental function of Extraverted Intuition would only enhance it. If that is so, then an INFP's experience of it would differ from that of an ISFP, who also has dominant Introverted Feeling.

ADDENDUM

(1) How does Introverted Feeling as a shadow function impact an ENFJ or ESFJ?

Shadow functions are mental functions we prefer not to use. For example, an ENFJ will prefer to perceive and judge reality using Extraverted Feeling rather than Introverted Feeling. An INFP will prefer to do the opposite.

Because of this our mental functions that we avoid tend to be less developed than the ones we do prefer. This is similar to a person who likes to do one kind of exercise (aerobics, swimming, etc.) and avoids another kind (resistance training such as weight lifting and such). The muscles will develop in a particular way (slim) rather than another (bulky). Similarly, a person skilled at Introverted Feeling and another skilled at Extraverted Feeling are both adept at feeling. But they will have developed the same gift in different ways.

Shadow functions are believed to emerge sometimes in times of stress. The more the shadow functions have been repressed in general by the person experiencing them, the more negatively they will be experienced when they actually do surface.

Carl Jung believed that extroverts are less likely to display their shadow functions than introverts. If that is so, extroverts may be more likely than introverts to find shadow functions to be destructive or undermining rather than helpful or supportive. In such cases, the use of Introverted Feeling can result in rage, sullenness or anxiety. It can also cause a withdrawal of all support for attitudes the person has decided are wrong, even if that seriously hurts a relationship. In short, an ENFJ (or ESFJ) would act like a worst case example of an INFP (or ISFP).

I would theorize that an ENFJ is more likely to use Introverted Feeling when alone and without distractions from their own thoughts, such as television, activities and such. If an ENFJ were able to accept, develop and integrate her shadow function of Introverted Feeling, she should find her capacity for empathy will deepen and her ability to be true to herself will grow.

(2) How does Extraverted Feeling as a shadow function impact an INFP or ISFP?

Like any shadow function, Extraverted Feeling can be a positive or negative experience depending on how developed, mature and integrated it is within the personality.

In its positive form, Extraverted Feeling can function as described in the main essay above.

In its negative form, Extraverted Feeling can result in unhealthy placating of others, acting as a door mat, prejudice, bullying, loss of one's sense of self, shallow sincerity, etc.

(3) How can a person strengthen their shadow functions?

By deliberately exercising their shadow functions in minor matters that are unlikely to have significant repercussions. Just as with physical exercise, the exertion involved can be gradually increased as the “muscles” develop more.

It is possible that an ENFJ-INFP or ESFJ-ISFP relationship (romantic or not) could be an especially healthy pairing if it enabled both persons to strengthen their shadow functions so that they were experienced as something positive rather than negative. An ENFJ might find this the easiest method since they are accustomed to mirroring the personalities of those they spend time with.

However, since we tend not to prefer our shadow functions in our own self, wouldn't we be irritated by their display in another person? Do ENFJs and INFPs (or ESFJs and ISFPs) irritate each other when functioning as cognitive mirror opposites?

The subtitle of the article was originally the only title, but I decided I needed something a bit more catchy and provocative. So I went with the emo and Care Bear theme. ;)

It is somewhat inaccurate of course. INFP are usually reserved about their emotions and so they don't fit the stereotype of someone who is emo. Likewise, an ENFJ doesn't have fur, cute images on their tummies, magical powers and rainbow bridges, so they're not exactly Care Bears either. ;)

But the incorrect imagery still is useful because an INFP is intensely emotional, even if that isn't obvious to those who aren't close to her, and an ENFJ is gifted in warm fuzzy connections with others, even if they aren't cartoon bears. ;)

(Yes, I am very winky!)

Written by John Rieping (INFP) on May 17, 2011. Updated May 18-19, 2011.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-I think I'm intuitive because I'm very future oriented and I focus on possibilities. I also read between the lines a lot.
-I'm really oblivious at times and I forget really important things. Personally, I think I come off as ditzy but everyone thinks I'm really smart for some reason. I'm not bragging, I honestly have no idea why.
-I have really, really good memory for events/things that people say/do in which I associate feelings with, no matter how trivial these things are.
-I have a lot of strong opinions but I hate sharing them with anyone because I don't want to be judged by my opinions. I don't believe that I should share my opinions without anyone asking because no one really wants to know then and I'll end up offended.
-Whenever I take cognitive tests, I always have inferior Se. Always, for around 4 years.
-I try to listen to everyone and ask questions as much as possible even when someone disagrees with me. I believe you can learn so much from just listening to people. I genuinely enjoy it too.
-I love talking to people, especially about feelings because I love that emotional high you get from pleasing people.
-I hate initiating conversation because I feel like I'm trying too hard and I hate the fact that I always feel like I'm trying hard with friends. They don't seem to put in as much as effort as me in maintaining a friendship.
-I really like learning about random fun facts and theories. It's super fun for me. I also like arts and crafts project, cooking/baking, and listening to music. I also like researching stuff about my goals.
-I have a lot of goals. I actually have two 70 page journals devoted to goals and goal planning. I have all the materials needed and what to do figured out. I just have to make it happen.
-I'm a 3w4.
-My friends say I'm fun-loving, quiet, independent, smart, strong-minded, reliable, and funny.
-I'm not sure if I'm quiet or not. I love talking to others. It's just that some friends suck at making conversation so I don't really talk to them unless I'm bored or feel like it.
-I hate it when people aren't good at making conversation. It's rude and annoying.
-I honestly believe some people are really horrible and even their good qualities don't make up for that. It sounds really harsh but I think the world would be better off without them spreading their hate.
-I think people are way too judgmental towards me. I joke a certain way, I'm not aware of certain things, everyone hates me for it. I used to be awkward. This hatred has helped though because I have developed my Fe quite well so I guess I am grateful for it. Sometimes I hate the world though and I ignore everyone but it just ends up making me depressed.
-I hate the world sometimes because everyone seems to be stupid, a jerk, or both.
-I kinda procrastinate. Like I do a lot of planning instead of what I'm actually supposed to do and then I do most of what I'm supposed to do in like a day or two. I don't like it though because I'm a perfectionist.
-I love planning my future. Career planning in class is my favorite thing ever.
-Sometimes I think everyone hates me but then someone says something really nice and I feel happy again.
-I go through a lot of conflict in making decisions. It takes me an hour or two to decide on an ice cream flavor and topping because there are just so many possibilities and I don't want to regret anything. I tend to "freak out" over this. Even after making a decision, I end up stressing about whether I made the right choice or not but I think I'm more comfortable.
-I've learned to be self-sufficient and to do things on my own since my parents, who are immigrants, just don't see things the way I do. I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs. I really admire my mom though because she almost always does the right thing and she knows how to think, and she's smart. I don't tell her that though because it'd be awkward.
-I can over think things sometimes.
-I really, really try not to be a hypocrite in the way I deal with others so sometimes when I'm upset about something, I might not show it because maybe I do the same thing that has made me upset.
-I'm not sure if I'm a loner or not. I feel like that but the friends I really talk to say I know everyone or that I have a lot of friends. I like being able to not be tied down to a friend or a group.
-I hate it when people are too shy or nervous to have fun. You only have one life. YOLO (it's overrated by teens but whatever, YOLO).
-I'm pushy and I do/say stupid things I don't really mean when I'm experiencing strong feelings. I don't regret it though. It's usually deserved.
-I do things because I have reasons, not because of feelings. I express my feelings because I have a reason to.
-I love strong personalities.
-I really love food. Like seriously, it's my one true love. And music.
Bolded the things that seem more Ni to me and underlined the things that seem Ne.

I would also consider looking into Se-aux/Ni-tertiary types, even though you mention you have low Se - you mention a lot of Se-oriented activities. I always tested as having very low Se when I first started learning about MBTI, probably because it's often emphasized as being "super coordinated and athletic" and I'm retardedly clumsy and absentminded - but it's about your preferences and how you absorb information, not so much your actual abilities. So that would be ISTP or more likely ISFP. ISFP would explain why you have high Fi.

I still think you sound more NFJ than anything else, though. Probably ENFJ based on your clarifications. How does the ENFJ type description resonate with you?

Nicki

Retired
Looky what I found, a very large wall of text comparing ENFJ and INFP. Seems to be rather accurate, worth a read.

Oh my gawd, that is a very long post. Do I get a cookie for reading it all? I feel like I use Fi more than Fe but I also think I use Fe a great deal. Thanks for finding and posting this.

Nicki

Retired
Bolded the things that seem more Ni to me and underlined the things that seem Ne.

I would also consider looking into Se-aux/Ni-tertiary types, even though you mention you have low Se - you mention a lot of Se-oriented activities. I always tested as having very low Se when I first started learning about MBTI, probably because it's often emphasized as being "super coordinated and athletic" and I'm retardedly clumsy and absentminded - but it's about your preferences and how you absorb information, not so much your actual abilities. So that would be ISTP or more likely ISFP. ISFP would explain why you have high Fi.

I still think you sound more NFJ than anything else, though. Probably ENFJ based on your clarifications. How does the ENFJ type description resonate with you?

Thanks a lot for doing this! Haha same here. And I'll do that. Hmm okay, I definitely don't think I'm ISTP. So I'll consider ISFP and research it a bit more. Oh well, I'll research it but the thing is the more I research, the more confused about my type I get.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 is a conflicted type. So your MBTI and cognitive functions will also be conflicted. As Riso says, healthy people of this subtype "have more potential for gaining self-knowledge and developing their emotional lives than Threes with a Two-wing." That's why I conflict over INFJ and ENFJ - 3 and 4. But 3 is stronger than 4, and you've now stated that you're more extraverted.

So ENFJ.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello everyone! I'm new to Typology Central but I've read some of these threads before. I'm not sure what type I am exactly though...

-I think I'm intuitive because I'm very future oriented and I focus on possibilities. I also read between the lines a lot. 10
-I'm really oblivious at times and I forget really important things. Personally, I think I come off as ditzy but everyone thinks I'm really smart for some reason. I'm not bragging, I honestly have no idea why. 7
-I have really, really good memory for events/things that people say/do in which I associate feelings with, no matter how trivial these things are. 10
-I have a lot of strong opinions but I hate sharing them with anyone because I don't want to be judged by my opinions. I don't believe that I should share my opinions without anyone asking because no one really wants to know then and I'll end up offended. I agree with the first part, but I don't usually share my opinions because of two main reasons and one lesser reason: 1) I don't think anyone really cares to hear about my opinions, and, 2) My aux Fe will not usually let me because it might curtail someone opening up, with is my main focus in my relating with others, and, 3) I'm always open to being proven wrong, so there is some sense of preferring to hang back and reassess the situation before boldly stating my opinion (but this ties in strongly with reason 2 as well)
-Whenever I take cognitive tests, I always have inferior Se. Always, for around 4 years. 10. Or Ti. At times it perhaps might not appear that I have inferior Se because, I think, of my dom SX--when I'm getting into something sensual, I feel it completely, and take it into myself. So in those moments, my Se might appear more differentiated than it is. Because I really only call it into action when I'm needing relief/release, or when I have to. I don't use Se as a tool at all to help me perceive the world or people. If I did, I might be more insightful about others. I just prefer to always go to my Ni>to rely on it. But this is a bit lazy, I think...Yet, I think I am still more able to discern others' deeper essences than my Se dom friends. They are better at discerning a person's mo in the current world reality. I am more interested in, and a specialist of, discovering someone's underlying persona, and seeing their full potential is my ultimate goal.
-I try to listen to everyone and ask questions as much as possible even when someone disagrees with me. I believe you can learn so much from just listening to people. I genuinely enjoy it too. 10. Disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone, but to get at the heart of a matter. It's only been in the last several years that I've been able to not run away mentally and literally from conflict in this way. I think it comes with life experience and possibly maturity (think about how wise older people can be with others who disagree with them--as if it doesn't phase them in the least).
-I love talking to people, especially about feelings because I love that emotional high you get from pleasing people. I love digging into people and discussing things. Everyone has a different degree of willingness to be opened in this way. Some are closed to me, and so around them, I will watch quietly and wait for an opportunity to interact with them (or not, if I feel like we repel each other). In some interactions, I will be the main interrogator and it say 'interrogator' because, depending on the person, I can get that inquisitive, if the subject matter interests me (or the person interests me, but usually it's just about the subject matter). If the person is an interesting or colorful character (which really hardly ever/never happens--and if it does, it's usually a wise person or fellow intuitive it seems) it could end up being a real conversation. I don't call the aforementioned examples conversations, because if I am not contributing to the convo, it is not a conversation for me, is it? It is more that I am accumulating data for my Si and Ni databanks :D . Finally, my fellow infj friends (or my xxxj bff), are really the only ones, besides my isfp sister who I truly converse with and who can elicit information from me. This is because INFJs are tenacious with not forgetting people (if they care about you), and because I will truly only open up very much when I perceive another really cares about me. So, for me, it's not so much about pleasing others, though I do get a sense that sometimes they feel better/lighter with having shared, or been taken an interest in (most obvious, this, when I spend even a few moments with the residents at the nursing home where I work, paying 99% attention to them).
-I hate initiating conversation because I feel like I'm trying too hard and I hate the fact that I always feel like I'm trying hard with friends. They don't seem to put in as much as effort as me in maintaining a friendship.7. Everyone is just busier than me, for the most part. Though I have my busy moments too. It's just that not much is ever more important to me than my close relationships.
-I really like learning about random fun facts and theories. It's super fun for me. I also like arts and crafts project, cooking/baking, and listening to music. I also like researching stuff about my goals. 9 I am a bit like an INTJ in this regard--I guess it's the Te. But I like to be expert at what I am interested in. That is usually a person or people, but it might also be a subject.
-I have a lot of goals. I actually have two 70 page journals devoted to goals and goal planning. I have all the materials needed and what to do figured out. I just have to make it happen.5. I personally don't keep lists or journals, though I do have an old blog. I have a lot of loooong term goals though.
-I'm a 3w4. I'm more 4w5
-My friends say I'm fun-loving, quiet, independent, smart, strong-minded, reliable, and funny.9. You forgot weird. That is always in the top two or so.
-I'm not sure if I'm quiet or not. I love talking to others. It's just that some friends suck at making conversation so I don't really talk to them unless I'm bored or feel like it. 8
-I hate it when people aren't good at making conversation. It's rude and annoying.2. I only felt like this when my ex and I would host bbq's or have guests, and the main responsibility for carrying the conversation fell to me. Otherwise, I don't begrudge people not wanting to talk, or not having anything verbal to say. I actually like quiet, and the energy created when two+ people are near each other, but not necessarily needing to talk.
-I honestly believe some people are really horrible and even their good qualities don't make up for that. It sounds really harsh but I think the world would be better off without them spreading their hate. 1. I believe actions can be horrible, but that people are wonderful and interesting.
-I think people are way too judgmental towards me. I joke a certain way, I'm not aware of certain things, everyone hates me for it. I used to be awkward. This hatred has helped though because I have developed my Fe quite well so I guess I am grateful for it. Sometimes I hate the world though and I ignore everyone but it just ends up making me depressed. lol. I don't remember ever being awkward, though my Fe seemed to have developed later than it should have due to a dysfunctional childhood perhaps. I dislike righteousness more than anything, but judgmental behavior rubs me wrong too, though I can objectively court its presence in others (like extjs) when talking to them or getting to know them, because I can remove myself and not take it personally.
-I hate the world sometimes because everyone seems to be stupid, a jerk, or both.1
-I kinda procrastinate. Like I do a lot of planning instead of what I'm actually supposed to do and then I do most of what I'm supposed to do in like a day or two. I don't like it though because I'm a perfectionist. 9
-I love planning my future. Career planning in class is my favorite thing ever. 9
-Sometimes I think everyone hates me but then someone says something really nice and I feel happy again. 10
-I go through a lot of conflict in making decisions. It takes me an hour or two to decide on an ice cream flavor and topping because there are just so many possibilities and I don't want to regret anything. I tend to "freak out" over this. Even after making a decision, I end up stressing about whether I made the right choice or not but I think I'm more comfortable.lol. not sure :thinking:
-I've learned to be self-sufficient and to do things on my own since my parents, who are immigrants, just don't see things the way I do. I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs. I really admire my mom though because she almost always does the right thing and she knows how to think, and she's smart. I don't tell her that though because it'd be awkward. Don't really see myself in context to my parents, but I never felt understood by them that is for sure. My esfp dad came the closest....because he loved me so much. Love makes up for everything, doesn't it?
-I can over think things sometimes. 10 Loops suck.
-I really, really try not to be a hypocrite in the way I deal with others so sometimes when I'm upset about something, I might not show it because maybe I do the same thing that has made me upset. 7
-I'm not sure if I'm a loner or not. I feel like that but the friends I really talk to say I know everyone or that I have a lot of friends. I like being able to not be tied down to a friend or a group.6
-I hate it when people are too shy or nervous to have fun. You only have one life. YOLO (it's overrated by teens but whatever, YOLO). I don't 'hate' anything in regards to people or others, though I might use that term in a heated moment. YOLO! for sure though! Carpe Diem!
-I'm pushy and I do/say stupid things I don't really mean when I'm experiencing strong feelings. I don't regret it though. It's usually deserved. 10
-I do things because I have reasons, not because of feelings. I express my feelings because I have a reason to.This is the opposite for me. My feelings speak to me and tell me the truth as I know it. And I'm usually, though not always, right, especially when it comes to people.
-I love strong personalities. Infinity <3
-I really love food. Like seriously, it's my one true love. And music.haha. I think food was my FIRST LOVE, yes. And music is one of my inferior Se's primary tools.

That is just me. We seem to be a lot alike. Maybe you are an INFJ. :smile:

Nicki

Retired
That is just me. We seem to be a lot alike. Maybe you are an INFJ. :smile:

Woah I COMPLETELY agreed with you on your first point about opinion expressing! I also agreed with you about digging into people! What are your long term goals? I don't feel understood by them but I definitely feel loved by my mom especially. I think she's an ESFJ and she's so amazing, it makes me tear up. Have you ever felt like tearing up because someone was just so amazing and nice to you? Omg people say I'm weird too. Most people, I truly believe, are wonderful and interesting but there are some few people you encounter that are just plain out awful. :/ Haha what's your favorite food? And what's your favorite kind of music? :p I love Journey so much. We do! Now the make or break question...are you a Potterhead too? Haha maybe, I'm pretty clueless about what type I am. The thread title speaks everything.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I try to listen to everyone and ask questions as much as possible even when someone disagrees with me."

Extraversion, although some would see this as Se gathering info. IF ONLY. Se does not equate with these things.

" I believe you can learn so much from just listening to people. I genuinely enjoy it too."

This is very much a feeling response, very Fe.

"10. Disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone, but to get at the heart of a matter. It's only been in the last several years that I've been able to not run away mentally and literally from conflict in this way. I think it comes with life experience and possibly maturity (think about how wise older people can be with others who disagree with them--as if it doesn't phase them in the least)."

In an ideal sense, Fe should shun disagreements. It requires the development of another function to learn how to deal with them. Ni is most likely to use disagreements to "get at the heart of the matter." So this is an Fe-dom integrating Ni traits.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say "integrating" traits because it is possible for the dominant and auxiliary to be either in conflict or just held apart. For example, as an INTP I can be Ti logical to a fault; and then I can Ne chaotic stuff all over the place as a fallback position. But when the two work in combination, when Ne informs Ti, and Ti reigns in Ne, that's where intellectual creativity truly begins.

What you described above ("disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone, but to get at the heart of a matter") is a perfect example of Fe integrating Ni.

Nicki

Retired
I say "integrating" traits because it is possible for the dominant and auxiliary to be either in conflict or just held apart. For example, as an INTP I can be Ti logical to a fault; and then I can Ne chaotic stuff all over the place as a fallback position. But when the two work in combination, when Ne informs Ti, and Ti reigns in Ne, that's where intellectual creativity truly begins.

What you described above ("disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone, but to get at the heart of a matter") is a perfect example of Fe integrating Ni.

I see, that's very interesting. What type are you? I didn't describe that, Aphrodite did.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or you're an ENFJ.

I'm an enfj? Or he is?

Woah I COMPLETELY agreed with you on your first point about opinion expressing! I also agreed with you about digging into people! What are your long term goals? I don't feel understood by them but I definitely feel loved by my mom especially. I think she's an ESFJ and she's so amazing, it makes me tear up. Have you ever felt like tearing up because someone was just so amazing and nice to you? Omg people say I'm weird too. Most people, I truly believe, are wonderful and interesting but there are some few people you encounter that are just plain out awful. :/ Haha what's your favorite food? And what's your favorite kind of music? :p I love Journey so much. We do! Now the make or break question...are you a Potterhead too? Haha maybe, I'm pretty clueless about what type I am. The thread title speaks everything.

Well, I came of age in the 80's so how could I not love Journey? I only wish I could hit those high notes like he does! so I'm relegated to mostly listening, and not singing along. :( I have lots of em....pm me and we'll talk LTGs :blush: Lucky you. My mother situation is like that saying, "water water everywhere but not a drop to drink," because I have had 4 mothers but not really had the mothering I needed, though most of them have tried. I love all food, except a few things, like licorice (I think it's the anise), and jelly beans (who could like those? ick), and shredded cononut (just why? :shock: they could make that shit really good if it wasn't like chewing on hard fiber). I have eclectic music tastes. And, yes, my bff just made me tear up about an hour ago. I love her so much. :heart: I liked the Harry Potter books, but probably couldn't be defined as a Potterhead. *sigh* Oh well, we had a good run of it, eh?

"I try to listen to everyone and ask questions as much as possible even when someone disagrees with me."

Extraversion, although some would see this as Se gathering info. IF ONLY. Se does not equate with these things.

" I believe you can learn so much from just listening to people. I genuinely enjoy it too."

This is very much a feeling response, very Fe.

"10. Disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone, but to get at the heart of a matter. It's only been in the last several years that I've been able to not run away mentally and literally from conflict in this way. I think it comes with life experience and possibly maturity (think about how wise older people can be with others who disagree with them--as if it doesn't phase them in the least)."

In an ideal sense, Fe should shun disagreements. It requires the development of another function to learn how to deal with them. Ni is most likely to use disagreements to "get at the heart of the matter." So this is an Fe-dom integrating Ni traits.

Pretty insightful. I'll be mulling this over now...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Or Ni integrating Fe.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
To the OP: I feel that you're an ENFJ. You have a very extroverted energy shining through in your posts. You are an XNFJ, at the very least.

You say you consider it rude when people can't make good conversation, which seems VERY Fe to me. You couch your statements with apologetics like "this may sound bad but...". I feel like an INFJ would probably just not say it at all.

You sound like a young ENFJ to me.

Edit: Aphrodite, for what it's worth, I have always wondered if you were an ENFJ. I confess I don't have a lot to go on though. Just a hunch.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel that you're an ENFJ. You have a very extroverted energy shining through in your posts. You are definitely an XNFJ, at the very least.

You say you consider rude when people can't make good conversation, which seems VERY Fe to me. You couch your statements with apologetics like "this may sound bad but...". I feel like an INFJ would probably just not say it at all.

You sound like a young ENFJ to me, although I don't really have any idea how old you are.

+1 . I think this is spot on.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see, that's very interesting. What type are you? I didn't describe that, Aphrodite did.

Hm, I got "disagreements are rich areas for really getting to not only know someone" from your OP.

When I say "as an INTP" I mean that I am an INTP. That's my personal experience. I can hold Ti and Ne apart. But integrating the two leads to creative intellectual pursuits.