• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I? So much internal conflict!

Nicki

Retired
Hello everyone! I'm new to Typology Central but I've read some of these threads before. I'm not sure what type I am exactly though...

-I think I'm intuitive because I'm very future oriented and I focus on possibilities. I also read between the lines a lot.
-I'm really oblivious at times and I forget really important things. Personally, I think I come off as ditzy but everyone thinks I'm really smart for some reason. I'm not bragging, I honestly have no idea why.
-I have really, really good memory for events/things that people say/do in which I associate feelings with, no matter how trivial these things are.
-I have a lot of strong opinions but I hate sharing them with anyone because I don't want to be judged by my opinions. I don't believe that I should share my opinions without anyone asking because no one really wants to know then and I'll end up offended.
-Whenever I take cognitive tests, I always have inferior Se. Always, for around 4 years.
-I try to listen to everyone and ask questions as much as possible even when someone disagrees with me. I believe you can learn so much from just listening to people. I genuinely enjoy it too.
-I love talking to people, especially about feelings because I love that emotional high you get from pleasing people.
-I hate initiating conversation because I feel like I'm trying too hard and I hate the fact that I always feel like I'm trying hard with friends. They don't seem to put in as much as effort as me in maintaining a friendship.
-I really like learning about random fun facts and theories. It's super fun for me. I also like arts and crafts project, cooking/baking, and listening to music. I also like researching stuff about my goals.
-I have a lot of goals. I actually have two 70 page journals devoted to goals and goal planning. I have all the materials needed and what to do figured out. I just have to make it happen.
-I'm a 3w4.
-My friends say I'm fun-loving, quiet, independent, smart, strong-minded, reliable, and funny.
-I'm not sure if I'm quiet or not. I love talking to others. It's just that some friends suck at making conversation so I don't really talk to them unless I'm bored or feel like it.
-I hate it when people aren't good at making conversation. It's rude and annoying.
-I honestly believe some people are really horrible and even their good qualities don't make up for that. It sounds really harsh but I think the world would be better off without them spreading their hate.
-I think people are way too judgmental towards me. I joke a certain way, I'm not aware of certain things, everyone hates me for it. I used to be awkward. This hatred has helped though because I have developed my Fe quite well so I guess I am grateful for it. Sometimes I hate the world though and I ignore everyone but it just ends up making me depressed.
-I hate the world sometimes because everyone seems to be stupid, a jerk, or both.
-I kinda procrastinate. Like I do a lot of planning instead of what I'm actually supposed to do and then I do most of what I'm supposed to do in like a day or two. I don't like it though because I'm a perfectionist.
-I love planning my future. Career planning in class is my favorite thing ever.
-Sometimes I think everyone hates me but then someone says something really nice and I feel happy again.
-I go through a lot of conflict in making decisions. It takes me an hour or two to decide on an ice cream flavor and topping because there are just so many possibilities and I don't want to regret anything. I tend to "freak out" over this. Even after making a decision, I end up stressing about whether I made the right choice or not but I think I'm more comfortable.
-I've learned to be self-sufficient and to do things on my own since my parents, who are immigrants, just don't see things the way I do. I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs. I really admire my mom though because she almost always does the right thing and she knows how to think, and she's smart. I don't tell her that though because it'd be awkward.
-I can over think things sometimes.
-I really, really try not to be a hypocrite in the way I deal with others so sometimes when I'm upset about something, I might not show it because maybe I do the same thing that has made me upset.
-I'm not sure if I'm a loner or not. I feel like that but the friends I really talk to say I know everyone or that I have a lot of friends. I like being able to not be tied down to a friend or a group.
-I hate it when people are too shy or nervous to have fun. You only have one life. YOLO (it's overrated by teens but whatever, YOLO).
-I'm pushy and I do/say stupid things I don't really mean when I'm experiencing strong feelings. I don't regret it though. It's usually deserved.
-I do things because I have reasons, not because of feelings. I express my feelings because I have a reason to.
-I love strong personalities.
-I really love food. Like seriously, it's my one true love. And music.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wall of text, I has conquered it! Take that China!

Okay, first of, a lot of what you said seems to suggest a lot of Si, maybe because by typing that post, you tapped into your Si, this could suggest tertiary Si ironically.

And the other most prominant functions I see in your text is Fi and Te.

I don't see much Ne, that might be because you're in a bit of a Si-Fi loop. Or perhaps because you just didn't post about your intuitive tendencies that much in your post. ;P

It seems to me you are quite clearly an INFP baseed on that post.

Also, you talk about having developped Fe, but some other points in your post clearly point elsewhere, it came across as an oxymoron to me.

Anyhow, I think it's safe to say you are INFP nonetheless. You'll have plenty of time to delve into all the details and get to know yourself better. :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound kinda like an INFJ, based on how future/goals-oriented you are (Ni) and how people-focused you are (Fe).

Have you tried taking a test? They're quite often wrong but they can help get you to the right ballpark, if you're self-aware enough to answer the questions honestly. Same thing with written descriptions, although many of the S descriptions online are quite bad.

Nicki

Retired
You sound kinda like an INFJ, based on how future/goals-oriented you are (Ni) and how people-focused you are (Fe).

Have you tried taking a test? They're quite often wrong but they can help get you to the right ballpark, if you're self-aware enough to answer the questions honestly. Same thing with written descriptions, although many of the S descriptions online are quite bad.

Oh okay. I'm not sure because I actually do get energized from interacting with people. ENTJ and I agree with the descriptions but I'm just not feeling it. My cognitive functions tests are all weird. Really? How so? :p

Nicki

Retired
Wall of text, I has conquered it! Take that China!

Okay, first of, a lot of what you said seems to suggest a lot of Si, maybe because by typing that post, you tapped into your Si, this could suggest tertiary Si ironically.

And the other most prominant functions I see in your text is Fi and Te.

I don't see much Ne, that might be because you're in a bit of a Si-Fi loop. Or perhaps because you just didn't post about your intuitive tendencies that much in your post. ;P

It seems to me you are quite clearly an INFP baseed on that post.

Also, you talk about having developped Fe, but some other points in your post clearly point elsewhere, it came across as an oxymoron to me.

Anyhow, I think it's safe to say you are INFP nonetheless. You'll have plenty of time to delve into all the details and get to know yourself better. :)

LOL! How? When I interact with others, I use Fe consciously :3 Hmm okay, I'll think about it. Thanks for replying!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-I'm not sure if I'm quiet or not. I love talking to others. It's just that some friends suck at making conversation so I don't really talk to them unless I'm bored or feel like it.
-I hate it when people aren't good at making conversation. It's rude and annoying.
-I honestly believe some people are really horrible and even their good qualities don't make up for that. It sounds really harsh but I think the world would be better off without them spreading their hate.
-I think people are way too judgmental towards me. I joke a certain way, I'm not aware of certain things, everyone hates me for it. I used to be awkward. This hatred has helped though because I have developed my Fe quite well so I guess I am grateful for it. Sometimes I hate the world though and I ignore everyone but it just ends up making me depressed.

I thought that part was extremely Fi, not Fe. Could be me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are somewhere between INFJ and ENFJ. If forced to choose, I'd go with ENFJ because the MBTI relates to your external persona. It may be the case that you see yourself in a different light internally. But that's because you have a thinking process that is highly intellectual in comparison to the person your friends see you as.

Nicki

Retired
I thought that part was extremely Fi, not Fe. Could be me.

The thing that confuses me is that I'm pretty sure I use both Fe and Fi. I use Fi naturally though but I can use Fe since external circumstances have forced me into developing it and I also really wanted to be able to use it. I identify with both descriptions and whenever I take a cognitive functions test, I use Fe a bit less than Fi but still I use quite a lot. :/ And thanks for replying.

Nicki

Retired
You are somewhere between INFJ and ENFJ. If forced to choose, I'd go with ENFJ because the MBTI relates to your external persona. It may be the case that you see yourself in a different light internally. But that's because you have a thinking process that is highly intellectual.

Ah okay. Really? Thanks a lot! Though what makes you think ENFJ?

Nicki

Retired
You are somewhere between INFJ and ENFJ. If forced to choose, I'd go with ENFJ because the MBTI relates to your external persona. It may be the case that you see yourself in a different light internally. But that's because you have a thinking process that is highly intellectual.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, seems like the paint is flaking off the bottom of the wall to reveal a touch of Se... could just be me though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Because you self-described in J terms. Even your OP was very J like. You made F and N statements. You seem conflicted over I and E. You seem F on the outside and N on the inside (Fe and Ni). The only question is which comes first, or which dominates. I chose F because your friends describe you as extraverted, and because you like the feeling you get from helping others.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also on the INFJ possibility, I think you're not a Ni-dom. I don't know what

Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.

has to do with actual future planning. Future planning seems more of a Te process. Ni is just good at envisioning the consequences from a pool of variables (only the first point you make talks about that, and it does not actually give any examples.). But it doesn't concern itself with personal goals or ideals.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also on the INFJ possibility, I think you're not a Ni-dom. I don't know what

has to do with actual future planning. Future planning seems more of a Te process. Ni is just good at envisioning the consequences from a pool of variables (only the first point you make talks about that, and it does not actually give any examples.). But it doesn't concern itself with personal goals or ideals.

The key word there is "vision." Ni is a visionary type. I didn't see anything like that in the OP. So that's another reason to go with ENFJ.

Nicki

Retired
Because you self-described in J terms. Even your OP was very J like. You made F and N statements. You seem conflicted over I and E. You seem F on the outside and N on the inside (Fe and Ni). The only question is which comes first, or which dominates. I chose F because your friends describe you as extraverted, and because you like the feeling you get from helping others.

Oh okay, I see. Thank you! So do I just have a well developed Fi?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh okay. I'm not sure because I actually do get energized from interacting with people. ENTJ and I agree with the descriptions but I'm just not feeling it. My cognitive functions tests are all weird.

Ah, you might be extroverted then. Cognitive function tests are completely off for me but I had some luck with the MBTI tests, particularly if you take multiple ones and try to answer honestly. They at least help with identifying T/F and I/E, the other two functions are a little more problematic since many tests conflate intelligence with N and neatness with J.

Really? How so? :p
Most S descriptions you'll find online are written by intuitives who don't really have a great understanding about sensors, so for example the INFJ descriptions will be all "visionary! brilliant! almost psychic knowledge of other people!" and the ISFJ description will be like "cleans the house so well! not too bright but tries really hard!" The ISTP descriptions nearly all suggest that we should be mechanics, racecar drivers and pro sports players. Etc. So this leads to a lot of Ss who consider themselves intelligent to mistype as N, since we don't identify with the "dumb jock" depicted in many online type descriptions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh okay, I see. Thank you! So do I just have a well developed Fi?

No, I think you have Ni auxiliary in statements such as "I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs." Internally, as I said, you're an intuitive. Externally, you're a feeler.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we need more information and more examples of how you function in real life to make a better assesment. You are much more than the OP's post alone.

I'm still thinking INFP myself though, but ENFJ is not such a far cry either (because there's not a whole lot of information to go on and it's cognative function wise vague at best in some points), maybe you could focus on the differences between those two types and find your answer. :p

Nicki

Retired
No, I think you have Ni auxiliary in statements such as "I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs." Internally, as I said, you're an intuitive. Externally, you're a feeler.

Ah I see. I asked that because many others were saying that they saw Fi in my post. Thanks again for clarifying.