• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFx?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Hi! I made an account here because I was lurking, and I've been having some typing problems with myself recently.
I'm very prominently ExFx. After some hard consideration, I've decided that I'm definitely ESFx. But I'm not sure whether I'm judging or perceiving.

Some things about me...
- My rooms and workspaces tend to get cluttered and messy very, very easily. Sometimes I have cans and bottles and cups and plates lying around that I just can't be bothered to deal with. But I always end up cleaning it anyways, and the cycle repeats.

- I much prefer living in a clean place to a messy place.

- I put off assignments until the last minute almost always.

- However, I hate doing things without knowing the consequences. I never blurt things out or make decisions without thinking about it first.

- I have a great deal of empathy. I literally care about everyone, whether I like them as a person or not.

- I'm opinionated, but I will alter what I say to a person based on who I'm talking to, as I tend to avoid conflict.

- However, if necessary, I will face conflict -- having a falling out with a friend upsets me deeply, but I would rather get something out in the open than keep it bottled up forever.

- My friends tend to go to me with their problems, even people I'm not close with sometimes open up to me. Once, I had a friend in a dilemma who asked me what they should do -- when I said I didn't know, they responded (not sarcastically), "Well if YOU don't know what to do, I'm screwed!"

- I like making lists and writing things down. I tend to forget things if I don't write them down. Sometimes I forget things two seconds after I think them.

- I understand everyone's point of view, whether I agree with it or not.

- I'm almost always level-headed. Even when I have irrational feelings, I recognize that they're irrational, and I don't indulge them.

- I hate feeling like a serious dilemma is completely out of my control.

- I like to have a clear idea of what I'm going to do before I do it. Although I'm not awful at improvisation, I feel a lot better when I have at least some kind of plan.

- I need to take my MP3 player with me everywhere -- if I have to go somewhere without it, I feel immensely uncomfortable.

- I notice details about people that others seem to overlook. I can remember random, insignificant facts about celebrities I like and friends. Sometimes a friend will tell me something insignificant and I'll bring it up months later and they'll be surprised that I remembered that.

- I'm a very quick learner when it comes to things I'm interested in. If I'm not interested in it, I'll have to teach and reteach myself about 8 times for it to sink in. I'm also a hands-on person, I enjoy learning things by doing them.

- I tend to do all my studying for tests about five minutes before I take the test.

- I have such amounts of empathy, that if a friend of mine tells me that they're feeling miserable, I'll probably end up feeling miserable too. If they tell me they have a killer headache, I'll get a headache as well.

- I went on YouTube to watch videos of ESFPs and see if I act like them. It was honestly hard for me to watch, they were just TOO enthusiastic! My favorite type to watch is INTJ, and I get along best with introverts (although I'm an incredibly extroverted person).

- I can't handle being alone for more than short amounts of time because I'm afraid I'll lose control of my calmness and there won't be anyone I'll be able to talk to about it.

Yeah...I'd really like your input! And if you read all of that rambling, thank you so much. I hope I didn't bore you to tears. :D

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you male or female? What's the dating/relationship history like? How do you feel about politics?

Preliminary thoughts estj to be honest

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Are you male or female? What's the dating/relationship history like? How do you feel about politics?

Preliminary thoughts estj to be honest

I'm female, I don't have enough relationship history to comment, and I'm relatively liberal.

I wouldn't classify myself as T...conflict really upsets me, and I like to make sure that everyone's on the same page. I use logic primarily, but I use logic mixed with how I feel and other people feel about situations as well. I mean, I'm pretty 50/50 on that -- I wouldn't do something I didn't feel was right, but I would come to that consensus based on how I felt, I suppose.
Based on this description of the type: http://www.personalitypage.com/ESTJ.html
I'm not an aggressive person at all, assertive yes but not aggressive...I'm not rigid at all, I adapt to change well and I actually crave it (I don't really get bored easily, but I like change, as it keeps things fresh). And I'm not really a leader type, for the most part. Basically, ESTJs sound very "Type A" personality, and I'm not Type A at all.

But thank you!

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mhmm, not meant too seriously. It's good to have "impressions" I think at times especially if you don't take them too seriously. Why do you like intjs?

You sound more J-ish again just an impression

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Mhmm, not meant too seriously. It's good to have "impressions" I think at times especially if you don't take them too seriously. Why do you like intjs?

You sound more J-ish again just an impression

I like INTJs because they're (generally) clever, independent, intelligent, and driven. Which are all qualities I would like to see in myself!

Yeah, I generally agree, but there's a lot of qualities ESFJs have that I don't...as an example, I'm not a control freak, although I do like being in control. I don't always follow authority, only if I respect the people in control. And I don't take my responsibilities extremely seriously...lol.

I seem to fit the description of ENFJ almost to a T, but I don't see myself as an Intuitive. Gah, this typing thing drives me crazy, lol.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't take it too seriously lol. You'll be bored w it in a few weeks

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Don't take it too seriously lol. You'll be bored w it in a few weeks

I've actually known of the personality types for a year, and I had myself typed as ESFP. The only thing that's recent is me seriously doubting the type I thought I was.

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
An ESFJ has lead extraverted feeling and ESFP has auxillary introverted feeling.

Do you tend to adhere more to personal values? (such as personal morals, rights/wrongs, etc) (Fi)

Or are your values framed around that of your environment? (Fe)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How are you with money?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
An ESFJ has lead extraverted feeling and ESFP has auxillary introverted feeling.

Do you tend to adhere more to personal values? (such as personal morals, rights/wrongs, etc) (Fi)

Or are your values framed around that of your environment? (Fe)

Well, I'm not going to do anything that goes against my personal values, but I'm probably more of the latter...it's really situational for me.

How are you with money?

It really depends what I'm buying. For example, I could blow $50 on iTunes in two minutes flat, because I've been planning to buy several albums. Sometimes I get an urge to buy things for the sake of buying them, but I can usually handle money to a certain extent. It generally depends whether I really want what I'm buying or not. I wouldn't buy something I genuinely had no interest in.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're obviously an Fe dom.

ESFJ

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You're obviously an Fe dom.

ESFJ

Thanks for your input. I can definitely see many ESFJ traits in myself, although I'm not really one for following rules that I don't agree with, and I like abstract things in forms of art and music...but ESFJ seems like a pretty likely type for myself.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound more like an ESFJ to me, as well. Don't let the abstract stuff put you off - ESFJs use extraverted iNtuition as their third-most common thinking pattern, so you could have a significant dose of intuition, too.

That said, if you seem to fit with ENFJ profiles, do a little more digging.

Have you looked at the enneagram, as well? It often can explain why you seem more like some types and less like others. As an ENFP enneagram 6, I seem to be more like an ENFJ than an ESFP.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've actually known of the personality types for a year, and I had myself typed as ESFP. The only thing that's recent is me seriously doubting the type I thought I was.

Did you read something negative on the forums about esfps or something?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You sound more like an ESFJ to me, as well. Don't let the abstract stuff put you off - ESFJs use extraverted iNtuition as their third-most common thinking pattern, so you could have a significant dose of intuition, too.

That said, if you seem to fit with ENFJ profiles, do a little more digging.

Have you looked at the enneagram, as well? It often can explain why you seem more like some types and less like others. As an ENFP enneagram 6, I seem to be more like an ENFJ than an ESFP.

Yeah, thanks! I'm an enneagram 2w3.

Did you read something negative on the forums about esfps or something?

No, that's not why I questioned my type. It's because I was looking up the different characteristics of types and I realized that I was pretty even on S/N and J/P. Also, I had watched a few videos of ESFPs and I don't act much like them at all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for your input. I can definitely see many ESFJ traits in myself, although I'm not really one for following rules that I don't agree with, and I like abstract things in forms of art and music...but ESFJ seems like a pretty likely type for myself.

well the rule following thing is a stereotype but the majority of what you've said here screams Fe dom (people depend on you for guidance, you hate being alone for long periods of time, very nurturing, relate to ENFJ descriptions). Honestly any one who said ESTJ to you is off their rocker, because I saw empathy and people management far, far over order, and empathy is not a defining trait of the Te dom, though they can have their moments.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
well the rule following thing is a stereotype but the majority of what you've said here screams Fe dom (people depend on you for guidance, you hate being alone for long periods of time, very nurturing, relate to ENFJ descriptions). Honestly any one who said ESTJ to you is off their rocker, because I saw empathy and people management far, far over order, and empathy is not a defining trait of the Te dom, though they can have their moments.

So -- had I not said that I believe I'm ESFx, would you have placed me as ENFJ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So -- had I not said that I believe I'm ESFx, would you have placed me as ENFJ?

I would have said ExFJ.

Fe is clear. I would guess Si auxiliary because you said you like to make lists, which doesn't seem very Ni or Se..but I don't know you well enough to even say if you're Si/Ne or Ni/Se.

:)

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I would have said ExFJ.

Fe is clear. I would guess Si auxiliary because you said you like to make lists, which doesn't seem very Ni or Se..but I don't know you well enough to even say if you're Si/Ne or Ni/Se.

:)

Ah, alright, thank you.

Also, to anyone who wants to answer: I noticed something about myself, and I'm not sure what function it represents --
My friends sometimes confide things in me, admit something about themselves, a worry they have, etc. and there's one thing I always ask -- "Why?"
As in, "why do you feel this way?" or "what does that mean?" or "what do you think brought you to that decision?"
Any input?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, alright, thank you.

Also, to anyone who wants to answer: I noticed something about myself, and I'm not sure what function it represents --
My friends sometimes confide things in me, admit something about themselves, a worry they have, etc. and there's one thing I always ask -- "Why?"
As in, "why do you feel this way?" or "what does that mean?" or "what do you think brought you to that decision?"
Any input?

supposedly why is Ni and what if is Ne

but if that's true then JTG is not an SJ, because he used to ask me why

maybe it just means you care

like if you're an Fe dom you ask because you want to understand and help that person

sometimes I ask why for my own reasons, like seeking underlying patterns, even trying to figure out what someone is underneath, if they're sincere, sometimes Im totally leading to my own reasons

so it may not be as simple as one function, its possible there are different motives for several functions to ask why

I definitely think you're Pi though because you also said you don't like to do things without a plan

its so funny that my phone prompted me to write platok instead of plan ...it just did it again...