• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would You Type Me As?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, swordsman, just look in awe at the results when there's no preconceived bias involved.

Sigh.

I swear if I were to make a new account and label 8w9 ENTJ nobody would think twice about it.

I'm not being biased, the opposite. I can't pin down your type because current and past behavior are at odds. I'm not accusing you of being fake or anything, but the data is contradictory. if you'd like my guess though, at this point, I think you are either a 6w5>8w7>3w2 or an 8w7>6w5>3w2 Sx/So

UsurpersGonnaUsurp

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not being biased, the opposite. I can't pin down your type because current and past behavior are at odds. I'm not accusing you of being fake or anything, but the data is contradictory. if you'd like my guess though, at this point, I think you are either a 6w5>8w7>3w2 or an 8w7>6w5>3w2 Sx/So

I'm not looking for your opinion, I'm pointing towards the typings thus far on this thread when taken on a completely objective basis. The overwhelming majority sees 8.

So far, what I see of myself is 8w9, 6w5, 3w4 sx/so. The detachment and calmness of the 8w9 and 3w4 combined with the 6 need for security and loyalty / nervousness and anxiety fit who I am very well. I'm understanding now from which places various parts of who I am emerge.

For example, when I get stressed and am amidst a project where I'm unsure of the outcome, I become panicky, disorganized, anxiety-ridden -- and this causes lots of errors and lapses of performance. This comes from my 6 fix and my lack of confidence in my ability to succeed by myself. This doesn't happen often, but it makes crystal clear sense to me.

When I feel crossed and am overcome with an impulse to completely destroy, I get a sort of complete detachment from my humanity and have a thirst to see the person who hurt me in pain, with little regard to any boundaries. This, going without saying, comes from my 8 and the 9 wing tendency to dissociate.

I also have many themes of peace, harmony, no rush, gentleness, compassion, simple stability/steadiness, which make up my personality. This also comes from my 9 wing.

I've always wondered why I was so sloth, why I could let hours go by just sitting around and enjoying the atmosphere, finding something pleasant in it. Why I can be so gentle but at the flip of a coin become so ruthless, knowing where to hit to maim. I've wondered why sometimes I'm anxious, but sometimes I'm so peaceful.

This is why I enjoy enneagram theory, because it helps organize the various sects of who we are, and better understand where our urges, needs, desires, fears come from. It's not as single-laned -- each person has such a unique code to them, and with these tools we can work towards ironing out where we're weak and vamping up where we're strong.

A

A window to the soul

I'm not looking for your opinion, I'm pointing towards the typings thus far on this thread when taken on a completely objective basis. The overwhelming majority sees 8.
Hey Mister, lighten up. Elfboy is pretty good with this stuff.

When I feel crossed and am overcome with an impulse to completely destroy, I get a sort of complete detachment from my humanity and have a thirst to see the person who hurt me in pain, with little regard to any boundaries.
I recently read a book on enneagram that I got for my birthday. I don't think you sound 8 at all. You sound very 3 to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Contradictory data indicates a contradictory wing-type. The evidence points to 9 being the wing because it appears less prominently in his posts. But it's there, and its needs and motivations are very contrary to those of the 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far, what I see of myself is 8w9, 6w5, 3w4 sx/so. The detachment and calmness of the 8w9 and 3w4 combined with the 6 need for security and loyalty / nervousness and anxiety fit who I am very well. I'm understanding now from which places various parts of who I am emerge.
For example, when I get stressed and am amidst a project where I'm unsure of the outcome, I become panicky, disorganized, anxiety-ridden -- and this causes lots of errors and lapses of performance. This comes from my 6 fix and my lack of confidence in my ability to succeed by myself. This doesn't happen often, but it makes crystal clear sense to me.
When I feel crossed and am overcome with an impulse to completely destroy, I get a sort of complete detachment from my humanity and have a thirst to see the person who hurt me in pain, with little regard to any boundaries. This, going without saying, comes from my 8 and the 9 wing tendency to dissociate.
I also have many themes of peace, harmony, no rush, gentleness, compassion, simple stability/steadiness, which make up my personality. This also comes from my 9 wing.
I've always wondered why I was so sloth, why I could let hours go by just sitting around and enjoying the atmosphere, finding something pleasant in it. Why I can be so gentle but at the flip of a coin become so ruthless, knowing where to hit to maim. I've wondered why sometimes I'm anxious, but sometimes I'm so peaceful.
This is why I enjoy enneagram theory, because it helps organize the various sects of who we are, and better understand where our urges, needs, desires, fears come from. It's not as single-laned -- each person has such a unique code to them, and with these tools we can work towards ironing out where we're weak and vamping up where we're strong.

the main problem I see with 8w9 is that your mind just moves too fast and I think you have unconscious tendencies to "prove" certain things that aren't there in a core 8w9. you seem like a very fast paced person who's mind is always buzzing, though you are making attempts to "steady" yourself. the feel of your posts is somewhat inconsistent, like you get frustrated and experience a surge of mental activity but then recenter yourself, collect your wits and your tone then changes to more calm/steady. I get the impression of a script running through your head saying "I am strong! I am strong! I am strong!" which is very 6-ish (it isn't a bad thing, in fact, it can work brilliantly and legitimately make you that way, but this kind of internal dialogue is not typical of an 8)

also, based on your questionnaire, the 7 influence is obvious as hell (I can detect 7 influence like a shark detects blood LOL). your desire for freedom and fulfilling your desires to their fullest is just as much if not more of a 7 thing than an 8 thing. also, sloth is very much a 7 thing. 7s do things to get a reward (food, money etc) so if the reward isn't big enough, we can be lazy as hell. still, I would definitely say you are more like the intensity triad (4, 6 and 8) rather than the positive outlook triad (2, 7 and 9) for the most part, so I don't see a core 7 (though, solely from the questionnaire, that would have been my impression). I get the impression that your mind is a really fucked up place and, though you try to restrain it, this can cause you to respond more aggressively than you intend to.

this site has some good examples of people of each type (in particular I'd look at the sexual 6w5s, the 8w7s and the 8w9s). at least we agree on your fixes (minus the wings). now it's just the order
http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW
(Speaking of which, maybe we can ask [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION])

PS: also, an interview with an 8 fixed 6w5

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the main problem I see with 8w9 is that your mind just moves too fast

How do you know this and how is it relevant to being an 8w9?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you know this and how is it relevant to being an 8w9?

8w9s can be very intelligent, but they tend to respond much more slowly and deliberately. [MENTION=15847]UsurpersGonnaUsurp[/MENTION]'s communication style is much more quick on his feet. he immediately analyzes and comes up with counter points and possible explanations in a way that is much more head center-ish. also, he is looking for lots of outside opinions and "proof" that he is an 8 (again, very head center. 5s, 6s and 7s all tend to do this in different ways), whereas most 8s will look at the enneagram, say "yup, I'm an 8" and that's that. from my experience with him on another forum is skeptical and not thirsty for definitive answers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w9s can be very intelligent, but they tend to respond much more slowly and deliberately. [MENTION=15847]UsurpersGonnaUsurp[/MENTION]'s communication style is much more quick on his feet.

How do you know this over the internet?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you know this over the internet?

word choice. it's not as blatantly obvious as IRL, but you can still tell a lot about a person from the questions they ask, the frequency with which they ask them and the choice of words they use. over time, patterns start to emerge, like the ones I pointed out in my last 2 posts

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
word choice. it's not as blatantly obvious as IRL, but you can still tell a lot about a person from the questions they ask, the frequency with which they ask them and the choice of words they use. over time, patterns start to emerge, like the ones I pointed out in my last 2 posts

Word choice, asking questions, and frequency of asking these questions have nothing to do with mental speed or being "quick on one's feet."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Word choice, asking questions, and frequency of asking these questions have nothing to do with mental speed or being "quick on one's feet."

actually, yes it does (you're using too much T and looking too much for some sort of proof or direct correlation. this is an evident communication trend that is easily observable in everyday conversation).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Elfboy initial's guess. You seem 7w8. I'm not sure about the instinctual stacking though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, yes it does (you're using too much T and looking too much for some sort of proof or direct correlation. this is an evident communication trend that is easily observable in everyday conversation).

But is that too much to ask for?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nobody wants to come back and ask me for my evidence? It's in Usurper's comments. I don't see types 7 or 3 at all, although those are Aggressive types. What I read, paragraph by paragraph, is 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 8, 8, 9.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
A 7/8 combo sounds fine. Hard to tell which one prevails, even though when you describe your ideal state, you seem to place higher priority on feeling childlike and free from obligations (just going by your ordering) - which would be a point for 7w8 > 8w7.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A 7/8 combo sounds fine. Hard to tell which one prevails, even though when you describe your ideal state, you seem to place higher priority on feeling childlike and free from obligations (just going by your ordering) - which would be a point for 7w8 > 8w7.

On the other hand, Elfboy is right about one thing. A type 8 knows when they are a type 8. Usurper just has some 9-wing traits thrown in the mix that add to some confusion, but it appears he has this straightened out now.

UsurpersGonnaUsurp

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] , insightful. That's a good resource, it should be stickied somewhere.

I'll check those out when I have time and mull it over. I can't say I don't identify with aspects of the 6 but I can't say I identify with aspects of the 8 less than aspects of the 6, particularly the sexual variant orientations. I'm working on realizing where and how each type manifests itself in who I am.

Something I find interesting about what [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] said was he didn't find any traces of 3 in my questionnaire answers, whereas much of my personality is heavily influenced by 3ish motivations. This means I'm not being fully open / expressive with the essence of who I am -- but that's not something which is possible over the internet on a thread filled with people who are asked to type a remote description of someone they've never met before cold turkey.

I think the purpose of threads like these, particularly of the enneagram branch (MBTI can be determined based on behavioral traits, enneagram can not), is to bring rise to meaningful questions and share various perspectives. In the end, only the typee can realize what they are, nobody can do it for them.