• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would You Type Me As?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] , insightful. That's a good resource, it should be stickied somewhere.

I'll check those out when I have time and mull it over. I can't say I don't identify with aspects of the 6 but I can't say I identify with aspects of the 8 less than aspects of the 6, particularly the sexual variant orientations. I'm working on realizing where and how each type manifests itself in who I am.

Something I find interesting about what [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] said was he didn't find any traces of 3 in my questionnaire answers, whereas much of my personality is heavily influenced by 3ish motivations. This means I'm not being fully open / expressive with the essence of who I am -- but that's not something which is possible over the internet on a thread filled with people who are asked to type a remote description of someone they've never met before cold turkey.

I think the purpose of threads like these, particularly of the enneagram branch (MBTI can be determined based on behavioral traits, enneagram can not), is to bring rise to meaningful questions and share various perspectives. In the end, only the typee can realize what they are, nobody can do it for them.

I only have the descriptions you present here to work with. But if there are some 3 motivations in those, in between the lines or whatever, they are heavily outweighed by 8 traits.

A

A window to the soul

What book?
"The Everything Enneagram Book" by Susan Reynolds, have you read it?

It's the most thorough source on enneagram that I've read.

Since reading it, I've changed my type (with my mom's help).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The Everything Enneagram Book" by Susan Reynolds, have you read it?

It's the most thorough source on enneagram that I've read.

Since reading it, I've changed my type (with my mom's help).

I haven't read it, but I'll give it a look see.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From an Amazon review: "I have OVER 40 names of my friends (in my back cover to remember) who have taken this test, with number 6 Loyal Guardian being the least and 5 Masterful Hermit being the most. They all said it was 90%+ accurate."

Six is probably the most common enneatype, followed by Nine. Where are all these Masterful Hermits coming from?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15847]UsurpersGonnaUsurp[/MENTION]
one of the main reasons I'm having trouble typing you is because I think you are going through a period of tremendous change in your life (which, at 18, makes a lot of sense).
there is definitely some sort of
- 6w5 influence
- 8 influence
- 7 influence
- 3 influence
and
- Sx influence

but as to how they all fit together within you, I would need to observe you longer to figure that out.

Edit: one thing I can be sure of though, your male archetype is the Warrior (as opposed to the King, the Lover or the Magician)

UsurpersGonnaUsurp

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15847]UsurpersGonnaUsurp[/MENTION]
one of the main reasons I'm having trouble typing you is because I think you are going through a period of tremendous change in your life (which, at 18, makes a lot of sense).
there is definitely some sort of
- 6w5 influence
- 8 influence
- 7 influence
- 3 influence
and
- Sx influence

but as to how they all fit together within you, I would need to observe you longer to figure that out.

Edit: one thing I can be sure of though, your male archetype is the Warrior (as opposed to the King, the Lover or the Magician)

Yes.

I just made a post about exactly this in the other thread, I'm noticing how each of these play roles in my life, but the next step is to start realizing which one plays a heavier role. The way I view it, we have a core enneatype, and our other two fixes are - at the roots - present to serve and nourish that core type, so they're all linked via the core. I can identify with each of those, but, as n2 put it, I have to realize which one is "driving the train".

The reason I'm settled on 8 and have been for months is because before this state, I've always been an 8 - particularly with 9. I've gone through a lot of painful realizations about myself just thinking about this - my childhood in particular - . When I first looked into ennea, I identified with many of the personality traits of the 8, chuckled about how well it fit, and then smirked it aside.

Then when I truly started delving into it, I learned what it truly meant to be an 8 - and other types - and 8, 3, 6, jumped out at me.

Yeah warrior sounds about right, though some words would need revisions to fit me - I don't view myself as 'self-sacrificial', 'willing to help' is more like it. Etc.