• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Limit's Questionnaire: Help me figure out my type?

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Filled out a questionnaire! I'd appreciate any thoughts about what my type might be

What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”
1. I am considerate. The opposite of that would be inconsiderate.
2. I am cautious. The opposite of that would be reckless.
3. I am indecisive. The opposite of that would be decisive.
4. I am analytical. The opposite of that would be to take things for what they seem to be.
5. I am affable. The opposite of that would be unfriendly, unsociable, or antagonistic.

Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”
1.Considerate/Inconsiderate: I can be inconsiderate of my family members’ feelings when I am angry or impatient with them. I also lack consideration for people who treat my loved ones poorly; if you are inconsiderate towards my friends or family, you will not get my sympathy or respect.

2.Cautious/Reckless: I can be reckless with words, which can be a good and a bad thing. While I’m normally cautious with people’s emotions (on top of being physically cautious), my mother and my sister would say I can be too frank. However, recklessness in general can be a good thing, because sometimes caution holds me back from gaining new experiences or finding new things I might enjoy doing and meeting new people I might enjoy knowing.

3.Indecisive/Decisive: My indecisiveness encompasses the realm of “what I want” in life and “how I feel” about something. I’m utterly and completely lost when it comes to setting long-term goals for myself, because the future is so overwhelming. I’m terribly jealous of the people in my life who know what they want to do and how they’re going to do it; their ability to identify what it is they love to do is, for me, the main advantage of having that characteristic. My own decisiveness extends to “what I think” about things.

4.Analytical/Takes thins as they seem or appear: This is a pretty difficult one to answer. I suppose it might be nice not to constantly over-analyze entertainment media and just sit back and enjoy a stupid movie or show every once in a while. I can be pretty picky about the things I want to watch and read, so sometimes I resist taking friends’ recommendations. That doesn’t necessarily mean I only enjoy “thought-provoking” or challenging media, but it does mean I can’t sit through an episode of Glee without becoming pissed off, no matter how much my friend loves it.

5.Affable/Unsociable: In social situations, I’m generally friendly and approachable. I don’t like to make waves, and it doesn’t take much effort for me to be nice. This has caused problems for me in the past, because some people who I didn’t really like or want to spend time with ended up becoming very attached to me, because they didn’t get that kind of basic respect or common decency from anyone else. Those friendships ended up being very unhealthy and clearly did not last, and I still feel pretty bad about it. Conversely, I sometimes freeze up in social situations (in groups as small as three people or as large as a crowd) and can’t find anything to say to anyone at all. I end up feeling terrible or like a tag-along when that happens. I also have a difficult time initiating social contact; I’m better at responding.

What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?
I don’t know if I’d want to give a young child an answer to what I think of as an inherently personal question. I suppose I might say that the purpose of life is to find your own purpose, but in the meantime, you should spend your time finding out what you like to do and who you like to be with.

What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?
Do your best not to hurt other people, keep an open mind but without letting your brain fall out of your head, and don’t waste time hanging around people who don’t respect you or worrying about what nasty people think of you.

f you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?
Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

I’d probably try to do a whole lot more experiencing than I do currently. A while back, my younger sister was asking me about relationship advice. When I pointed out to her that I’ve never really been in a relationship and I’m not exactly the person to ask, she said “but you’re smart, and you’ve READ a lot about people and relationships!” I’m pretty sure she was half serious, half making fun of me. I’ve always loved reading, but I think I’ve used it as a crutch or a replacement for making new friends or getting out and doing things. I can be horribly reclusive because of my anxiety about meeting people. I think having one year left to live would either kick me out of my shell, or drive me further into it.

Why aren't you doing this now?
I think I pretty much answered this in the original question. I don’t get out very much because I’m too cautious, too anxious, too worried about being rejected or disliked.

What do you really want in your truest self?
This is…absolutely impossible for me to answer at this point. I really don’t know what I want, and it drives me crazy. I have friends who know what their passion is; they want to be musicians, or artists, or doctors. I’ve never really known that. Because most academic subjects have come easily to me, I never really picked a favorite. And even when it comes to non-academic non-career things, I don’t know what I want.

What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?
Since I DON’T know what I really want, I’ve been skating through college courses one by one, spending a lot of time reading and watching movies (which I really like doing), blogging, etc…
Really what I seem to be doing is distracting myself. For the past year in particular, I’ve been distracting myself by watching comedies. I watched the first seasons of SNL from the 70s, I’ve been watching classic comedy films, etc. The people I’ve always chosen to spend my time with are people who make me laugh all the time.

What are your defense mechanisms?
When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?
Sarcasm is definitely one of my defense mechanisms. I also tend to get very quiet when I’m uncomfortable around other people (although it doesn’t work very well, because it just makes me more uncomfortable and dissatisfied with myself); I’m only argumentative or talkative when I’m comfortable with someone. Also, I feel like I must not cry in front of other people. It’s one of the most overwhelmingly terrible feelings in the world for me, so I prevent it in any way I can, whether by mentally distracting myself or by physically biting my tongue.

What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
I think leading a healthy adult life has a lot to do with not taking yourself to seriously, but treating the other people around you with respect. Laughter is important, spending time with people who respect you is important, as is finding something that you like to do.

What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
When I’m truly relaxed and comfortable in a situation, I’m talkative and I laugh a lot. I’m enthusiastic about my interests, and some friends would even describe me as loud at times. However, even with a group of close friends I can tense up if I feel like I’m not contributing to a conversation or that I don’t actually have a place in a particular group. I feel like a tag-along or an awkward third wheel very easily because it can be so hard for me to find anything to say.

What is your predominant fault?
My lack of confidence. Most people don’t even know how much I doubt myself, because I’m rarely emotionally demonstrative unless I’m feeling positive emotions, or on rare occasions, anger. I think some people chalk up my quietness in social situations to stoicism and don’t really realize how uncomfortable I can be.

What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
I’m addicted to procrastination. Usually it’s in the form of researching information (interest in MBTI is definitely a form of this). I procrastinate so much that I’m left with a small amount of time to do whatever it is I’m avoiding, which then forces me to do it and concentrates the stress involved into a small period of time. In a more general sense, reading and researching and surfing the web gives me instant gratification without necessarily helping me figure out what I want to or am going to do with my life in the long run.

What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?
Example: “I can not express my feelings, because I feel like I need to be cool, calm, and collected to survive.”
“I have to be right. I can not afford to be wrong.”

I cannot be perceived as unintelligent, thoughtless, or humorless. I must not fail to make the right impression.

What do you need in your life to face your fears?
I need a plan; I need to know what I’m in for. I feel lost because I don’t have one.
As a specific example, I'm able to deal with my fear of public speaking by writing, preparing, and rehearsing over and over again before a presentation. I've found over the years that I'm actually surprisingly good at public speaking (surprising to myself and to other people), and I end up enjoying it every time. A plan and preparation makes all the difference.
What is your own personal mission statement?
Examples:
“The kind of person I would like to be ____.”
“The kind of activities I would like to be in ______.”
“My personal mission is to ______.”

I want to be the kind of person who treats others with respect and does her best not to hurt other people, who knows what she thinks and what she wants, who laughs easily and often, and who continues to be an intellectual explorer throughout her life.

Last edited:

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
one last bump? or should I try to make it more concise or fill out a different set of questions?