• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP? ISFP? ISFJ, even?

Nakawaka

MBTI Type
free
Keys to Cognition typed me as INFP or some Idealist variant while a socionics typed as SEI. I'm not certain over the depth of my extroverted/introverted sensing.

O I have no direct desire to change the world. I wish I have a close team of creative people to do stuff with though. I'm much more interested in inspiring others emotionally and intellectually as an artist. I wish homeless people and every "lost" persons will have a place for their talents though.

O I have little interest in current world affairs unless it was somehow brought up in conversations

O I'm more of a passive receiver in theories than an aggressive provider. My "hobby" in evolutionary theory and psychology is something I want to study to further appreciation of people. I generally don't share ideas or the rare theories I developed or believed to be true unless it is *just* brought up. Oddly enough I can repetitively rerun made-up situations in my head as though I'm sharing knowledge to another person. I fantasize drama for the sake of drama.

O I don't like being controlled or feel doubted/questioned. Too much repetition of examples or things I feel are obvious makes me feel condescended.

O When I read something, my mind is filled with trying to form explanations between lines or try to connect to other subjects. If not, I try to rationalize with an underlying reason.

O I like novels with metaphors and analogies, but I also like the ones that includes some past experiences and memories as long as there's a personal touch to it.

O I more or less do similar things everyday but at different temporal proportions. Almost always, I read/draw but sometimes I might go out to do martial arts for the sake of excercise, or spend the night talking or spend the day with friends or watch anime.

O I don't think I have a preferred learning style besides a preference in teachers that favor corporation over discipline. I do want confirmation from teachers that I'm doing ok though and trust them.

O I always lose my keys and rarely feel the impact to do chores in general. My room rotates from mess to gloss and back to mess because when I fill the mess limit, I find putting things in order comforting. My tendency to lose things make me paranoid outside so I double check a lot.

O I think my thinking is pretty sequential: doing things like writing/talking/making stuff speeds up the evolutionary process to how ideas are generated. When I'm at a emotional high the things I talk about and the way I respond to things get pretty...random on the connections.

O In personal relations, I wish I have more relations where I can talk about inner feelings and just be silly with imaginations. But I'm usually stuck with short-lived small talk and fail to find the ladder to the kind of talk I want.

O I make lots of short term plans for the day/week. When I wake up, It's "ok, today I'll do/try to accomplish x,y, and z for a time limit of something for the day, so I can do a and b for another day". As I trek through the day I cut and change these plans depending on what I feel like doing or feel more interested in. For me, following schedules for consistent progress is a pretentious belief because the idea will disintegrate. I'm shitty at predicting how much time I need to do something and generally fail to flagpole smaller goals to follow.

O I always feel guilty if I cut out events or the things I plan to do just because "I'm feeling tired". I'm a victim of my bodily state. When I have lots of energy, I delude myself easily that the attitude will last.

O It's ok to self-sacrifice myself to keep others happy if I believe the person(s) are worth it, but my empathy has to be "earned". I'm pretty contradictory; in strangers I listen politely but even though I don't believe people deserve to go to hell, my empathy is inaccessible to people with cruel beliefs or insensitive attitudes even if logically (as logical and critical as I can be) it's' valid. I do feel disappointed if close relations have an attitude I don't agree with, but I let it live if its a trait that innately defines who they are.

O It's hard for me to be extroverted when it comes to making a big difference in my life. One time I was nervous during an interview process and I starting sprouting facts like a museum curator and I can't think or extend off their witty remarks because I feel pressured to do so.

OI like advising/directing people if it makes them a better person or help them learn. I prefer drawing for others and coming up with ways to express things for them or amuse them because my innate beliefs tend to be private. I'm not a religious leader, a politican, or a fine artist who wants to give some supreme spiritual experience over the globe, based on my personal beliefs.

O I have minimal understanding of what it means to be a big picture thinker or a detail-oriented person. This feels subjective.

O If I don't have a speculation now, I'll have a speculation or "I wonder if's" from probing a bit into my memory later. I get nostalgia reruns occasionally and stuff can sometimes remind me of the past experiences; broken phrases people said and/or how I or other people were feeling at that time and/or where/what I was doing.

This is where SI confuses me. I don't trust my memory regarding what things exactly look like unless it's place I frequent a lot, despite being an art major and sometimes I wonder about memory capacity in relation to SI and is uncertain as to how much details Si-Dom recalls.

O My sense of direction is generally shit. I rely on maps and landmarks. Directions can make me nervous because the one giving them isn't always right.

O I'm all for self improvement, but not sure about receptiveness to "change". I have uncertainties about changing out of art and doing psychology/therapy. At one point, I want to be a concept artist no matter how hard, and at one point I want something secure/practical and at another time I have this feeling that if I don't chase down being a concept artist every step of the way, I'll regret it 20 years later or something.

O I hate promising personal tasks to people and not being able to carry out, even if they don't seem to care although occasionally I just forget it or leave it altogether over time if I don't like it. Simultaneously, I never seem to fully understand the importance of accomplishing a task until the deadline past. I tried thinking that "everyday is a deadline" to push me to work but it doesn't turn me into a workaholic.

O I have little recollection as to how I generally solve problems. I don't recall being groundbreaking in ways to come up with techniques or new methods to do things although when I start a project, I usually run through ways to illustrate a meaning in my head, and then do reruns to check on possibilities through my hands. Even then, I still may improvise during actual doing.

O I'm not sure about patterns regarding my shadow functions because it's hard for me to recall or perhaps even be self-aware. Although, when I'm neurotic every minor statement seems to imply that I'm not worth anything and I constantly want some external or interpersonal sign that I'm ok. I gradually grow into emotional eruption and then everything will be....ok. It is still difficult to talk about what's bothering me and I feel punished if people ask for answers, because then I'll be criticizing myself.

Sometimes I wonder if one can become their shadow over time, and have a shadow-shadow function.