• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

a fed up INxJ

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
start at the beginning and read every one of your responses to those who posted.

it's young abrasive te tho i think...so there ya go...slap the intj label on and call it a day! :)

Zhuli Lily Askar

I had this decision because right away, you went on with the future of MBTI as a system and dived into the base of what it is and I assumed you must have thought I'm being inane. You talked about your subjective reaction on what would objectively happen rather than regarding how your statement might have affected me. And I came to these decisions by gut and trying to read your after-reactions to me just fooling around. I also have absolutely no idea what kind of person you are beforehand and commented because you had a Pika and found your opening thread cute even without your avatar.

I also don't know how old you are. Some people "knew" what they are as soon as they can talk to people but some others, the rest of the functions manifest over time. Your hesitation with an "authentic" INTJ might have stemmed from a less developed tertiary or you are just suddenly "feeling the authority/crowd" if you're young. There's a possibility you think in TE first (you're measuring up the opponent/evidence, then direct your other functions) because you followed this evidence - > result pattern quite a lot. Introverted (non MBTI terms) ENTJ can exist.

Next time you're stressed, consider where the sources are coming from and what you're doing about it. From an INTJ model, you might Snorlax in sensing activities or just take facts very literally and...act like a dick because your FI makes you only see things your way regardless of "evidence".

As for myself, I believe MBTI is limiting and is perfectly deconstruct able for future development. It wouldn't be MBTI, but no way is a patch fixed or a version revision on programs anymore injustice to the beta.

OK first of all, I had a thought about why that was no logical and I always feel the urge to express those thoughts that I have sometimes that are somewhat abstract and out of nowhere. Like I'll explode. I didn't assume you were insane at all, in fact I might have just went along with you and dreamed on (in which case everyone would have assumed me as an INFx) . I could have taken any route I often do with people happy and fluffy or not. That's why it's so hard to determine which one I am. No. I knew it would effect you, and obviously you would automatically say I'm INTJ. But I knew you wouldn't be very offended you'd be objective about it. I didn't see you as fooling around I just wanted to get down to it because I've tried figuring this out so many times. I wanted to get down to the point but knew you were just being sweet. UGHHHHH I had an explanation of like 5 sentences to write about the "other side" regarding my after-reactions but they disappeared.

I don't get why you even cared so much about my comments. They are so obviously unserious. I think I was taken literally. And people say T's are serious...

Zhuli Lily Askar

YOUR COGNITIVE PROFILE

Understanding Your Results
A profile of your cognitive development is presented below, based on how you have described yourself. A 4-letter personality type code and temperament are also presented for your convenience if you are familiar with those frameworks. Most people find their results match their 4-letter personality type code and temperament. That is, we tend to develop what we prefer and vice versa. As you reflect on your cognitive profile, keep in mind that sometimes we develop a cognitive process to meet the demands of our environment or use a process well in one area of our lives but not others.

The Eight Processes
Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung identified four mental functions — today known as cognitive processes. We focus our attention and gather information using Sensing (S) and iNtuiting (N), and we organize our experiences and make decisions using Thinking (T) and Feeling (F). Jung described how each of these four processes plays out in a person's "internal world" (I) of thoughts, feelings, memories and imagination; and in the "external world" (E) of actions, people, tools and organizations. Thus, 8 cognitive processes (Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi).

Basic and Developed Use
Each cognitive process can be engaged in a basic, unsophisticated way reflecting our natural human capabilities. Almost everyone can engage each process in some basic way. Beyond this, you will engage some cognitive processes in a more sophisticated, developed way. This is usually the result of innate preference plus lifelong growth and practice, which equals development.

Perceiving—how we focus our attention and gather information

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Sensing (Se) Notice sensory data in the environment. Trust your instincts and take action relevant to the moment and current context.
introverted Sensing (Si) Recall tangible data and experiences. Stabilize a situation by comparing it to what is expected, known and reliable.
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) Notice abstract patterns as they emerge. Shift a situation's dynamics and explore imaginative potential possibilities.
introverted Intuiting (Ni) Receive "ah-ha" insights and realizations. Persue a greater level of awareness to transform who you are and how you think.

Judging—how we organize our experiences and make decisions

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Thinking (Te) Follow steps, points and time tables. Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.
introverted Thinking (Ti) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles. Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.
extraverted Feeling (Fe) Honor others' needs and preferences. Connect with people by sharing values and taking on their needs as yours.
introverted Feeling (Fi) Adhere to personal beliefs about what's important. Evalute situations and choose what you believe is congruent with your personal identity.

Development is more than basic or developed use of processes in isolation. Excellent use of a cognitive process involves both basic and advanced use as appropriate, and ability to deploy other processes in its service. Average to good use usually means we can use the process in limited situations or use it well but only with the aid of other processes. Poor use means basic use at most. Finally, we may get ourselves into trouble when we don't use a process at all.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)* **************************(24.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si)* ***************************(25.2)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)* ***************************************(37.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)* ********************************(30.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te)* **************************************(36.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti)* *****************************************(39.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)* ************************(22)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi)* ****************************(26.2)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Catalyst; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Sixteen Patterns
Jung observed that everyone has potential access to all eight cognitive processes but that we each prefer one as dominant — playing a lead role — with a second process playing a support role. Your two preferred cognitive processes allow you to do information gathering and decision making, introverting and extraverting. Maybe you prefer introverted Intuiting in a lead role with extraverted Feeling in a support role, or maybe you prefer extraverted Sensing in a lead role with introverted Thinking in a support role. Or maybe you prefer some other pairing. These pairings tap into sixteen possible patterns which are often represented using a 4-letter code. Here are the sixteen type patterns and the preferred cognitive processes associated with each:

Type Lead Process Support Process
ESTP extraverted Sensing introverted Thinking
ISTP introverted Thinking extraverted Sensing
ESFP extraverted Sensing introverted Feeling
ISFP introverted Feeling extraverted Sensing
ESTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Sensing
ISTJ introverted Sensing extraverted Thinking
ESFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Sensing
ISFJ introverted Sensing extraverted Feeling
ENTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Intuiting
INTJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Thinking
ENTP extraverted Intuiting introverted Thinking
INTP introverted Thinking extraverted Intuiting
ENFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Intuiting
INFJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Feeling
ENFP extraverted Intuiting introverted Feeling
INFP introverted Feeling extraverted Intuiting

Validity and Reliability of Results
As of October 2005, over 3000 people have taken this cognitive assessment. There are many ways to validate an assessment. A common statistical method called factor analysis confirms there are eight distinct cognitive categories (all items in the assessment that tap into the same cognitive process have a correlation of at least r=0.2 and most have r=0.4 to r=0.6.) Furthermore, people who have taken this assessment and reported their 4-letter type code have received results that matched their type code 75% to 80% of the time. This is excellent performance since the reported type may be inaccurate even when "validated" or from a professional assessment. Even when the type code does not exactly match, the temperament result matches over 95% of the time. Thus, you can consider your results here as valid as those from any professionally developed assessment.

Further Exploration
What if the 4-letter code reported here is different from what you expected? Say your type code result here is ESTP and the type you are familiar with for yourself is INTJ. Even though the type codes look quite different, you may have rated the cognitive processes for these two types rather closely. Also, keep in mind the cognitive profile is based on your responses. Continuing with the example, if you didn't think of yourself as an ESTP, then you would want to explore why you rated highly a phrase such as "freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up." This phrase clearly does not fit with the INTJ type pattern. Please visit www.bestfittype.com for more information and exploration. You may also be interested in "8 Keys to Self-Leadership" by Dario Nardi.

R

RDF

You're all about N & T, with a slight bias toward Ne and Ti. Ne & Ti = INTP or ENTP. I could see you as either one of those. INTJ or ENTJ (Ni & Te) remain a possibility.

But Fe is your lowest score. You're certainly not an INFJ. You posts always seemed pretty devoid of Fe to me.

Zhuli Lily Askar

You're all about N & T, with a slight bias toward Ne and Ti. Ne & Ti = INTP or ENTP. I could see you as either one of those. And INTJ or ENTJ (Ni & Te) remain a possibility.

But Fe is your lowest score. You're certainly not an INFJ. You posts always seemed pretty devoid of Fe to me.

Yeah I picked it because I think I'm Ni dom, can't believe I got so much Ne. I think because I'm having an eruption of it. I thought INFJ because people said I'm not INTJ enough. How come when I'm doing leisurely activities I use a lot of Ti but when I talk to people im too Te?

R

RDF

Yeah I picked it because I think I'm Ni dom, can't believe I got so much Ne. I think because I'm having an eruption of it. I thought INFJ because people said I'm not INTJ enough. How come when I'm doing leisurely activities I use a lot of Ti but when I talk to people im too Te?

On these tests, there tends to be a lot of bleed-over between similar extroverted and introverted functions. So if you have high Ti, you'll tend to test for high Te as well. And the same for Ni & Ne, Fi & Fe, etc.

Sometimes there's similar bleed-over in real life as well; sometimes not. As an INFP (Fi-Dom), I have naturally high Fi; but I also have a good "working" knowledge of Fe. i even use a fair amount of Fe in real life. So I tend to test high on Fe. But there remain big gaps in my use of Fe. The bottom line is that INFPs really don't have a good "natural" knowledge of Fe.

[Edit:] The trouble is, that the tests often don't capture that distinction between a "working" knowledge of a function and a "natural" knowledge of a function.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Those particular tests are mostly bogus. Not because the people formulating them have them "wrong", so much as the definitions of the functions are very, very particular. It's easy for an INTJ to score high on Ti (INTP) or Ne (ENTP or ENFP).

If you think you're an Ni-dom as opposed to an Ne dom, why? When you think, do you just get a zillion ideas and have a hard time sorting through them all? Or do you kind of just relax, and then all the various ideas and inputs settle down and fit together, and suddenly you know the answer?

Zhuli Lily Askar

Those particular tests are mostly bogus. Not because the people formulating them have them "wrong", so much as the definitions of the functions are very, very particular. It's easy for an INTJ to score high on Ti (INTP) or Ne (ENTP or ENFP).

If you think you're an Ni-dom as opposed to an Ne dom, why? When you think, do you just get a zillion ideas and have a hard time sorting through them all? Or do you kind of just relax, and then all the various ideas and inputs settle down and fit together, and suddenly you know the answer?

The a zillion ideas thing is a perfect explanation of my biggest problem in life.
I know this is a lot to ask but can someone describe an INTJ & INFJ under stress if you've seen one. I've read articles, now I need something else.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The a zillion ideas thing is a perfect explanation of my biggest problem in life.
I know this is a lot to ask but can someone describe an INTJ & INFJ under stress if you've seen one. I've read articles, now I need something else.

Okay, I don't mean to be blunt but those functions were everywhere. You are clearly in a loop of some sort and I have no idea what. Fill out this questionaire for me.....

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Zhuli Lily Askar

I will fill that up soon! It's just I don't really have time at the moment. But does anyone but any chance think I'm might not be an INxJ at all? Any ideas?

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Could you show me the rude post you are referring to? I'd like to take a look. This thread is for helping me find my type and so they are arguements....and, rudely asking for help....? This doesn't work in my head there can't be anything rude because....cannot contemplate no open doors.... *exhaust*

SORRY!

ohhh....ENFPs sometimes like and sometimes..... JK XD

Make jokes only 1) when it's the time and they will be taken correctly and won't hurt the desired objective. AND 2) When they are actually funny one's.
AND DON'T ANYONE DARE MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON THIS STATEMENT EITHER OR ELSE.

Oh boy. :) ...I honestly think you're most likely not Fe. ...because you just pushed so many of my "Oh that's rude" buttons. ;) I don't mean to be mean, but since you're obviously anxious about discovering more about yourself via MBTI I'd say It's not very likely that you'de be a Fe aux. You would know why you came across rude if you were.

There you go. The pikachu solves this problem. As long as no other INTJ shows up siding with "I like cute things for avatar as well", then you have the answer.

It's a well known scientific fact that INFJs have ethereal wispy avatars, nature pictures or elves/fairies/mermaids. INFPs overlap on mermaid and fairy, or waif portraits, but their avatars also notoriously often feature small cute fuzzy things. ENFPs often have a zany picture or a cute small fuzzy thing or a puppet.
Ts like anime avatars. ;D

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's a well known scientific fact that INFJs have ethereal wispy avatars, nature pictures or elves/fairies/mermaids. INFPs overlap on mermaid and fairy, or waif portraits, but their avatars also notoriously often feature small cute fuzzy things. ENFPs often have a zany picture or a cute small fuzzy thing or a puppet.

Does Deanna Troi count as cute, small, and fuzzy? :shrug:

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rats! No. :/ And she's not waif-like either. ...my theory need revision.
...back to the old drawing board.

Defying type expectations since 1990!:D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I wonder where mine would fit in there.....