• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

a fed up INxJ

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I SECOND that you are an INFJ because of your Pikachu avatar (just kiddin')

I really don't think an INTJ would have a Pikachu avatar and I'm not kidding.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interests have nothing to do with how you think about things. INTJs can't like what most perceive as cute?

Of course they can. I like babies, animals and miniature foods but they'd never be my avatar.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There you go. The pikachu solves this problem. As long as no other INTJ shows up siding with "I like cute things for avatar as well", then you have the answer.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think you need to step back and take a breath. MBTI is not the be all and end all of your personal identity. In fact, pinning down your sense of identity doesn't necessarily have to be the be all and end all of your life.

You vibe as an INFJ more than an INFJ, but this has more to do with the way you've been interacting with people on this forum, and nothing to do with the avatar. I'm certain as can be at this point that I'm an INTJ and I think that my avatar is freakin' adorable.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed some INTJs have a predilection for cute things, nearly bordering on obsession. I have seen INTJs repeatedly rep lol cats, Pokemon, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

So, I wouldn't judge on the avatar.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm fed up with someone right now who probably is fed up with me too. lol

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
51% sure INTJ
49 % sure INFJ

I really don't think an INTJ would have a Pikachu avatar and I'm not kidding.

Interests have nothing to do with how you think about things. INTJs can't like what most perceive as cute?

Of course they can. I like babies, animals and miniature foods but they'd never be my avatar.

Apparently no one here has pondered the multiple My Little Pony avatars on INTJf. They even have a pony emoticon:
rainbowdash.gif

As for your type, Zhuli, I usually discern by how people make their arguments. I know a very cutesy INTJ on INTJf, where she'll do all sorts of things making me doubt her INTJ-ness, but then she ends up making classic cutting INTJ remarks, e.g., talking about her friend who was going to get tickets for this special event and she was so excited, then, totally deadpan, sotto voce: "He failed." Or she'll go on about her plants, and you think she's being way too emotive ... but then she posts timed snapshots of sprouts gradually growing. So lots of emoting of pleasure and annoyance, but when actually DOING something, there's a high Te standard, a methodology, that isn't about values or people, but is about success/failure, about progress, about measuring things.

The thing to realize about INTJs is that we have emotions, and while we largely hold them in reserve, we do tend to let them out on the interwebz. The other way to differentiate INTJ from INFJ in that regard is how the emotions are expressed and what kind. Strangely the emotive INTJs come across as more cute and fluffy (or really dark and cynical, but that's another topic) than the INFJs, who either go for being constructively kind and helpful, to dignified and elegant, to remarkably biting and nasty (sharp and cutting ego-tearing remarks, not just basic INTJ-ish calling other people stupid). To the extent they do "fluffy", it's always with a twist or an artistic intent, a meaning. For INTJs, the "fluffy" fixation, if it exists, is more "just because", it's "what I like", or "I know it's not me; that's the point".

Another way of comparing the INTJ to INFJ: the INTJ is often sillier. This parallels the fluffy, but it's more general. I've an INTJ boss right now, where we pick up on each others' thoughts very quickly. One time, we were analyzing how a particular program functioned, and he said, "Let's try a Venn diagram," and started drawing one, a couple of circles, barely intersecting, "See? There is only the slimmest of intersections between these two sets," ... and then drew a smiley face within each of the circles ... "only their ears touch!" That's a middle-aged INTJ executive in action.

Let me know if this helps at all. :)

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is OP's age?

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For what it's worth, you come across to me as either an NFP with strong Te (which may be doubtful due to your age since usually strong tertiary/inferior development hasn't happened yet) or an INTJ on a sugar high.

As for the very important INXJ silliness issue, I will argue that an INFJ in the company of SPs can be truly a sight of silly to behold.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're kinda being rude to people you're asking help from. :/

And... I really don't think an intj would be so dramatic about it or have that avatar.
Infj seems off too tho sort of

Zhuli Lily Askar

You're kinda being rude to people you're asking help from. :/

And... I really don't think an intj would be so dramatic about it or have that avatar.
Infj seems off too tho sort of

Everything sounds off for me. That's exactly it.
I'm dramatic and rude? Well sorry, it's just the last time I tried to be polite (I do things all the way) I ended up covering up my personality and nobody could come up with the right conclusions because I wasn't saying what was exactly on my mind. What did I say that was rude? I shared my opinons. Beginning to think INFJ again...but than again I've went that way 100 times and back again.

I've had a variety of different avatar. One's that the typical INFJ or any other type would like. I have mixed interests? Maybe it's my enneagram that doesn't match my type and it makes it hard.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no you're right. if you are naturally that way it's good to show it so people can help...but yeah ya are. i just never understand when people rudely ask for help.

after reading uumlau's post and your last...maybe intj is a better fit. some other young intj on here seems to have a similar interaction style...actually...i can think of a few.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Apparently no one here has pondered the multiple My Little Pony avatars on INTJf. They even have a pony emoticon:
rainbowdash.gif

As for your type, Zhuli, I usually discern by how people make their arguments. I know a very cutesy INTJ on INTJf, where she'll do all sorts of things making me doubt her INTJ-ness, but then she ends up making classic cutting INTJ remarks, e.g., talking about her friend who was going to get tickets for this special event and she was so excited, then, totally deadpan, sotto voce: "He failed." Or she'll go on about her plants, and you think she's being way too emotive ... but then she posts timed snapshots of sprouts gradually growing. So lots of emoting of pleasure and annoyance, but when actually DOING something, there's a high Te standard, a methodology, that isn't about values or people, but is about success/failure, about progress, about measuring things.

The thing to realize about INTJs is that we have emotions, and while we largely hold them in reserve, we do tend to let them out on the interwebz. The other way to differentiate INTJ from INFJ in that regard is how the emotions are expressed and what kind. Strangely the emotive INTJs come across as more cute and fluffy (or really dark and cynical, but that's another topic) than the INFJs, who either go for being constructively kind and helpful, to dignified and elegant, to remarkably biting and nasty (sharp and cutting ego-tearing remarks, not just basic INTJ-ish calling other people stupid). To the extent they do "fluffy", it's always with a twist or an artistic intent, a meaning. For INTJs, the "fluffy" fixation, if it exists, is more "just because", it's "what I like", or "I know it's not me; that's the point".

Another way of comparing the INTJ to INFJ: the INTJ is often sillier. This parallels the fluffy, but it's more general. I've an INTJ boss right now, where we pick up on each others' thoughts very quickly. One time, we were analyzing how a particular program functioned, and he said, "Let's try a Venn diagram," and started drawing one, a couple of circles, barely intersecting, "See? There is only the slimmest of intersections between these two sets," ... and then drew a smiley face within each of the circles ... "only their ears touch!" That's a middle-aged INTJ executive in action.

Let me know if this helps at all. :)

This was great. The fluffy INTJ sounds like me but the INFJ does as well...Why would he do that with a Venn diagram though? Maybe my brain doesn't want to understand. The one snapping pics sounds just like me. Is interwebs the internet? Yes, I tend to let emotions out on there a lot.

Zhuli Lily Askar

no you're right. if you are naturally that way it's good to show it so people can help...but yeah ya are. i just never understand when people rudely ask for help.

after reading uumlau's post and your last...maybe intj is a better fit. some other young intj on here seems to have a similar interaction style...actually...i can think of a few.

Could you show me the rude post you are referring to? I'd like to take a look. This thread is for helping me find my type and so they are arguements....and, rudely asking for help....? This doesn't work in my head there can't be anything rude because....cannot contemplate no open doors.... *exhaust*

SORRY!

ohhh....ENFPs sometimes like and sometimes..... JK XD

Zhuli Lily Askar

For what it's worth, you come across to me as either an NFP with strong Te (which may be doubtful due to your age since usually strong tertiary/inferior development hasn't happened yet) or an INTJ on a sugar high.

As for the very important INXJ silliness issue, I will argue that an INFJ in the company of SPs can be truly a sight of silly to behold.

SP's drive me insane in the way that they can stop me from being able to formulate words and I want to spit out something "harsh". And it would look deliberate.