• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

a fed up INxJ

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wonder where mine would fit in there.....

It might actually fit into an INFJ avatar category I once read that someone else had thought of...If I remember correctly they were trying to decide wether someone was an INFJ or an INFP and the comment was that INFJs have obscure symbolic pictures whose meanings are only apparent to themselves and INFPs have...err...small cute fluffy animals. ;)
Ah reality... why dost thou not conform to neat categories???? :aquiver:
( my categorizing ability of course has no bearing in this matter... ;))
Ah well...:offtobed:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's high time for all NTs (and NTJs) to switch to light, fluffy, ethereal avatars.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
That would be awesome. And all NFs could have either a)pics of bodybuilders or b) military paraphernalia on theirs.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Oh boy. :) ...I honestly think you're most likely not Fe. ...because you just pushed so many of my "Oh that's rude" buttons. ;) I don't mean to be mean, but since you're obviously anxious about discovering more about yourself via MBTI I'd say It's not very likely that you'de be a Fe aux. You would know why you came across rude if you were.

It's a well known scientific fact that INFJs have ethereal wispy avatars, nature pictures or elves/fairies/mermaids. INFPs overlap on mermaid and fairy, or waif portraits, but their avatars also notoriously often feature small cute fuzzy things. ENFPs often have a zany picture or a cute small fuzzy thing or a puppet.
Ts like anime avatars. ;D

Sorry for whatever was rude, maybe I knew.....
I like all the avatars you just named..

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You don't strike me as a J at all, FWIW. You seem like an ENTP or something. It's about your communication style, very reactive, argumentative (no offense), and trying to correct the little details. It seems more Ji than Je. And you keep seeking more and more external information, which is so Ne. Wanting to burst out with random abstract ideas all of a sudden is really Ne also. I don't know any young INTJs for comparison, though, to be fair.

Zhuli Lily Askar

You don't strike me as a J at all, FWIW. You seem like an ENTP or something. It's about your communication style, very reactive, argumentative (no offense), and trying to correct the little details. It seems more Ji than Je. And you keep seeking more and more external information, which is so Ne. Wanting to burst out with random abstract ideas all of a sudden is really Ne also. I don't know any young INTJs for comparison, though, to be fair.

Oh....I don't know that's possible. Recently I started using Ne as a safety zone. People keep accusing me when I use Ni. But then again my life hasn't started yet. I need to meet more people. It's not that I like arguing or anything, I can't just shut up if something is wrong. I am pretty reactive. Yes, I do nothing nothing an seek as much data as I can possibly manage, and in the end I find out it was useless and deep down I knew it would be. I just has to...... I wonder if this is a recent development? Interesting. Ahhhhh I was just getting excited about being a potential extravert. Before I read this somewhat stereotyped description. But my god, it explains everything. Literally.

If you really want to engage an introvert in conversation, skip the small talk. Introverts tend to love deep conversations on subjects that interest them. They love to debate, go past the superficial and poke around the depths in people’s minds to see what’s really going on in there. Most, if not all introverts tend to regard small talk as a waste of time, unless it’s with someone new they just met.

This characteristic probably contributes to another misconception that extroverts have of introverts - the misconception that all introverts are arrogant.

The damn article is gonna sway me. Make it stop.

http://briankim.net/blog/2007/10/top-5-things-every-extrovert-should-know-about-introverts/

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=15771]Zhuli Lily Askar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] is right in that you could also have Fe in your inferior functions. I suppose it's good to keep all options open until you read up more on the functions. I can tell from experience that "deep" conversations are not a tell tale sign of being an introvert at all. Many extroverts are profound and wise, so to assume otherwise one would do oneself a great disservice.
I know I am an introvert, despite going through periods of being very active socially, because I prefer to be reactive instead of actively engaging interaction. That said my husbands an ENFP and despite the more stereotypical assumptions likes his alone time very much.

Since you're sure you're an intuitive maybe it would be good to just check wether you're Ni or Ne. If you are INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ or ENTJ you'll relate to Ni, if you're ENFP, ENTP, INFP, or INTP you'll relate to Ne. Generally the descriptions for the N functions, to me, seem very shoddy in most of the websites I've read. However there are really good ones too. Here's a link to a forum post summarizing Lenore Thompson's descriptions on different functions:
NI: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...-interpretation-introverted-intuition-ni.html

Ne:http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...Interpretation of Extraverted Intuition (Ne)=

Then if you do find you relate to Ni and think your original question still stands read the descriptions for Fe (INFJ) and Te (INTJ)

FE: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...s Interpretation of Extraverted Feeling (Fe)=

TE: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju... Interpretation of Extraverted Thinking (Te)=
:)

Last edited:

Zhuli Lily Askar

[MENTION=15771]Zhuli Lily Askar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] is right in that you could also have Fe in your inferior functions. I suppose it's good to keep all options open until you read up more on the functions. I can tell from experience that "deep" conversations are not a tell tale sign of being an introvert at all. Many extroverts are profound and wise, so to assume otherwise one would do oneself a great disservice.
I know I am an introvert, despite going through periods of being very active socially, because I prefer to be reactive instead of actively engaging interaction. That said my husbands an ENFP and despite the more stereotypical assumptions likes his alone time very much.

Since you're sure you're an intuitive maybe it would be good to just check wether you're Ni or Ne. If you are INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ or ENTJ you'll relate to Ni, if you're ENFP, ENTP, INFP, or INTP you'll relate to Ne. Generally the descriptions for the N functions, to me, seem very shoddy in most of the websites I've read. However there are really good ones too. Here's a link to a forum post summarizing Lenore Thompson's descriptions on different functions:
NI: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...-interpretation-introverted-intuition-ni.html

Ne:http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...Interpretation of Extraverted Intuition (Ne)=

Then if you do find you relate to Ni and think your original question still stands read the descriptions for Fe (INFJ) and Te (INTJ)

FE: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju...s Interpretation of Extraverted Feeling (Fe)=

TE: http://www.personalitynation.com/ju... Interpretation of Extraverted Thinking (Te)=
:)

I know that I use Ni. I always have, but I use Ne too. But that's something recent. Any ideas about that because you can only have one. I don't know about Fe but people have determined me an Fi dominant before.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Those particular tests are mostly bogus. Not because the people formulating them have them "wrong", so much as the definitions of the functions are very, very particular. It's easy for an INTJ to score high on Ti (INTP) or Ne (ENTP or ENFP).

If you think you're an Ni-dom as opposed to an Ne dom, why? When you think, do you just get a zillion ideas and have a hard time sorting through them all? Or do you kind of just relax, and then all the various ideas and inputs settle down and fit together, and suddenly you know the answer?

OK, typically when I'm anxious or worried that some little mistake will occur and ruin everything for me the a zillion ideas come to mind.
-test anxiety (determine whether or not to study because if I don't score high after studying I will feel stupid and I think for half a day of all the things that could cause this. it's recent)
-not sure where I might miss point if I make mistakes on an assignment
-think I'll miss and activity and regret it (even thought I'm not sure why I even like the activities, for some reason I made exploring a duty.)

My experiences with Ne are awful but if I experience it, maybe it's mine. But even when I'm not under stress I think intuitively. I space out all day. But at this point regarding sensors I must say that logically it's a possibility. I just don't think I am.

I'm not relaxed but typically I know the answer to things immediately but don't speak of it, I think I've been accused because of it in the past and it doesn't sound like something people would trust. It can sound like sneaking around and I'm private.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you think you're INxJ, then surely you must have some recent breakthroughs to share with us? :)

Zhuli Lily Askar

If you think you're INxJ, then surely you must have some recent breakthroughs to share with us? :)

Why? Because I have another thread going on? This is an older thread, before making my reply to the new typing thread I thought I'd take a look around here for anything that I had noticed early on that may be valuable. I thought I'd make some replies here too just to wrap up. lol

Anyways, I've come up with some things. Just give me some time ;) Thank you~