• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my boyfriend's type (ExxJ)?

Gusses?

• Total voters

MissLizzy

Hello there! My boyfriend and me have been dating for almost one year, and I'm trying to figure out his type... I've already sent him an MBTI test. In the first one, he scored ENTJ, in the second one, INTP (he read the description and said it didn't fit him at all, and I agree). I definitely think that he fits more some EJ type... I'll list some of his characteristics below, can you help me?

- He's very sociable and nice with everyone. He can talk with anyone, about anything. Knows a lot of people and doesn't matter where we are, he always find someone he knows;

- He's an Electrical Engineering student, and really enjoys this area. Science, mathematics, physics, robotics and astronomy are some of his main interests.

- He likes to have everything planned, he can even say the he "calculates his day"... I find it very funny;

- Some things my family love about him is his determination and responsibility... And I can say that, yes, it's incredible to see how he can't take his eyes of some work that has to be done until it's finished!

- Although he can show a lot of sentimentality to me when we are together, in another situations of his life he couldn't ever be called someone sentimental, or emotional: he hadn't cried for years (even when his close grandfather died, he didn't cry... once he said that it was kind of insensitive of his part, but he just didn't felt like crying or anything), he hates anything that appeals to much to emotion (preferring mystery movies and books, action, psychological themes etc);

- He's the calmest person I've ever seen. It's very hard to let him angry, or irritated, or anything like that. Even when I have some violent outbursts of emotion, temper, or anything, he's the one to put my head in the right place thinking about the subject and offering a quick solution about the trouble. He says that it's easier for him not to be influenced by emotions and think logically and solve the issue, not causing more trouble.

- He's very intelligent, but very modest about it.

- Our relationship is perfect, I can say. He's very faithful and loyal. We can have long conversations about theories that can last hours. And I have to say that things that lacks in my personality I can find a balance with him and vice-versa. Being an INFP, I think it can offer some clue about his type...

Any guesses?

(Sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language and I made this thread kinda quickly, without paying to much attention to grammar etc)

[It's "guesses" in the poll... LOL]

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJ sounds exactly right!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello there! My boyfriend and me have been dating for almost one year, and I'm trying to figure out his type... I've already sent him an MBTI test. In the first one, he scored ENTJ, in the second one, INTP (he read the description and said it didn't fit him at all, and I agree). I definitely think that he fits more some EJ type... I'll list some of his characteristics below, can you help me?

- He's very sociable and nice with everyone. He can talk with anyone, about anything. Knows a lot of people and doesn't matter where we are, he always find someone he knows;

- He's an Electrical Engineering student, and really enjoys this area. Science, mathematics, physics, robotics and astronomy are some of his main interests.

- He likes to have everything planned, he can even say the he "calculates his day"... I find it very funny;

- Some things my family love about him is his determination and responsibility... And I can say that, yes, it's incredible to see how he can't take his eyes of some work that has to be done until it's finished!

- Although he can show a lot of sentimentality to me when we are together, in another situations of his life he couldn't ever be called someone sentimental, or emotional: he hadn't cried for years (even when his close grandfather died, he didn't cry... once he said that it was kind of insensitive of his part, but he just didn't felt like crying or anything), he hates anything that appeals to much to emotion (preferring mystery movies and books, action, psychological themes etc);

- He's the calmest person I've ever seen. It's very hard to let him angry, or irritated, or anything like that. Even when I have some violent outbursts of emotion, temper, or anything, he's the one to put my head in the right place thinking about the subject and offering a quick solution about the trouble. He says that it's easier for him not to be influenced by emotions and think logically and solve the issue, not causing more trouble.

- He's very intelligent, but very modest about it.

- Our relationship is perfect, I can say. He's very faithful and loyal. We can have long conversations about theories that can last hours. And I have to say that things that lacks in my personality I can find a balance with him and vice-versa. Being an INFP, I think it can offer some clue about his type...

Any guesses?

(Sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language and I made this thread kinda quickly, without paying to much attention to grammar etc)

[It's "guesses" in the poll... LOL]

INTJ, according to type descriptions. He may be sociable but that's not necessarily a preference. Always focus on preferences.

MissLizzy

ENTJ sounds exactly right!

INTJ, according to type descriptions. He may be sociable but that's not necessarily a preference. Always focus on preferences.

Thank you all for helping!

I don't know, sometimes I resist saying that he's a T type because he seems different of some stereotypes of rational people. Being highly charismatic, I know, is a characteristic of ENTJ's too. But the so called "arrogance" of xNTJ's I really can't see in him. He's always trying to help others (mainly about college/ school/ work issues), and really dislikes people who think they're better, and that humiliate others just because they have a good achievement, etc. He says that if I suffer, he'll suffer too. I found it to be very Fe, but I don't really know if I've mistaken a developed Fi thinking it's Fe, or it's something about the relationship between us. He sometimes thinks about people when making decisions too.

It's very confusing. Or maybe I'm influenced by stereotypes I find in descriptions.

(I have to say that the ENTJ's I know IRL are very kind, about INTJ's... they seem like INFP's in an armour, and may come off in scary ways at times).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you all for helping!

I don't know, sometimes I resist saying that he's a T type because he seems different of some stereotypes of rational people. Being highly charismatic, I know, is a characteristic of ENTJ's too. But the so called "arrogance" of xNTJ's I really can't see in him. He's always trying to help others (mainly about college/ school/ work issues), and really dislikes people who think they're better, and that humiliate others just because they have a good achievement, etc. He says that if I suffer, he'll suffer too. I found it to be very Fe, but I don't really know if I've mistaken a developed Fi thinking it's Fe, or it's something about the relationship between us. He sometimes thinks about people when making decisions too.

It's very confusing. Or maybe I'm influenced by stereotypes I find in descriptions.

(I have to say that the ENTJ's I know IRL are very kind, about INTJ's... they seem like INFP's in an armour, and may come off in scary ways at times).

That's a cold Fi anger you're seeing, coming from the tertiary.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd guess at ENTJ from the information you have given.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'll go in a different direction. ESFJ seems plausible to me. ESFJs usually make friends easily and get along with almost everyone, and the planning could be Si rather than Thinking.

Failing that, I'd suggest ESTJ or ENTP.

MissLizzy

Thank you all!

Yesterday he took an in depth MBTI test, he scored as EXFJ, then, he read the descriptions and identified a lot with the ENFJ profiles...

Maybe what was confusing me is that Fe-dom males come across in a way that they seem less "emotional" than Fe-dom females. My father is an ESFJ and I can see the same characteristic. They seem T-ish. :)