• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EIE-Ni or EIE-Fe?

Elfboy's socionics type

• EIE-Fe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EIE-Ni

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • not EIE

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
or something else all together

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no doubt that EIE is probably the best fit socionics type for you; Fe ego is certainly evident, although the only reason I would rule out ESE is because you seem far more beta than alpha. As for the 2 subtype system, that is the difference between Ni subtype and Fe subtype, I would advise you to read through these descriptions and see which applies to you the most:

(NOTE: ignore anything that mentiones physical appreance or facial expressions; that particular aspect of socionics is regarded as nonsensical and isn't accepted by the main socionics community)

EIE-Fe
Emotionally excited, sharp. Demonstrates fervent feelings, is decisively artistic. Easily yields to flattery. Characterized by aristocratic manners. Frequently a good speaker or a political leader with patriotic leanings. Is internally dramatic and spontaneous, loves to demonstrate his opinion. Outwardly they can shock those around them by extremes in clothing – a hobo with soiled sleeves. They can, on the contrary, dress in vivid or aristocratically choice clothes.

The ethical subtype tries to behave according to the rules of good form in society. Are internally emotional, but usually modest and constrained in their emotional expression. Sensitive and vulnerable, alone in a shower may often experience dramatic emotions, but in front of strangers they restrain themselves. Find it difficult to relax due to internal strains, wounds, and overarching ambitions; while internally suffering from a set of complexes, externally they appear proud and aloof. Usually cautious and prone to think actions through beforehand; nervous with themselves but patient and persistent they are able to achieve their goals. Exacting in enforcing that their associates observe ethical standards of behavior and prone to rashly provide remarks and advice when they see people conflict with these ethical standards. Mood varies: cold, haughty, obstinate and exacting, then soft, sincere, affable and seemingly defenseless. Movements are smooth, sometimes demonstrative, when they want they can dress effectively, yet modestly for the occasion.

Are not confident in themselves; subjected to doubts and fluctuations. Erotically do not enjoy displaying initiative. Inclined to analyze the behaviour of their partner. With those, whom they love, are sensitive and thoughtful. Tires quite quickly from routine. Internally are particularly sentimental and romantic. Aim for stable relations and display constancy in their attachments. Not likely to pardon roughness and/or incorrect behaviour. Need a serious, imperturbable, proper and self-possessed partner. This subtype commands the will to learn how to scatter human doubts.

EIE-Ni
Predisposed to reflection, internal fluctuations and doubts. Thinks descriptively, is inclined to philosophy. Not very critical of external appearances, not exacting of their food. Reserved, sensitive, fragile, speaks out unobtrusively, They are popular and punctual. A good educator and teacher; can entice their listeners. Outwardly calm. Eloquent when recounting material.

An original and creative person, they’re both extravagant and unpredictable. Very inquisitive and talkative; emotional enough to be impressionable. Internally intense/strained, frequently they doubt their decisions. Emotionally liberated and artistic, they easily express their feelings. Aware of the moods of others and are skilled in positively manipulating them. Speaks with feelings and enthusiasm, yet prone to irony and criticisms they sometimes project a venomous and haughty image. When in a good mood can command the center of attention within any company. Though able to fulfill practical obligations, often lack confidence in this regard. An active and social person, can switch between dressing unusually/extravagantly and simply/modestly. Movements are gusty and impulsive, lacking in restraint.

Inclined to idealize their object of love. Are very touchy and emotional, especially when wounded. Strongly express enthusiasm and frequently dramatize events. For them sexual reciprocity occurs in a contradictory fashion not predictable by their behaviour. While they, at one time, appear original, passionate and sexual, at another time they will express haughtiness, coldness and a tendency towards inconstancy. Their different nuances inspire strong expressions of opposing emotions. Their tendency towards jealousy and distrust leads them to accumulate emotions, which must be periodically discharged through quarrels, reconciliations, etc. Have need of a moderately emotional, thoughtful, persistent and initiative-taking partner who knows how to quiet them, encourage them, and inspire them with confidence in their feelings.

Also, there's an 8 subtype system where one can subtype any sort of function (for example under the 8 subtype system I'm SEI-Ni).

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=System_of_DCNH_Subtypes

So in order to find your subtype here, you need to verify whether your a dominant, creative, normalizing, or harmonizing version of your main type. My gut says that you'd probably be of the dominant or creative subtype, so EIE-Fe, EIE-Te, EIE-Se, and EIE-Ne are all possible.

EIE-D
Emotionally excited, sharp. Demonstrates fervent feelings, is decisively artistic. Easily yields to flattery. Characterized by aristocratic manners. Frequently a good speaker or a political leader with patriotic leanings. Is internally dramatic and spontaneous, loves to demonstrate his opinion. Outwardly they can shock those around them by extremes in clothing – a hobo with soiled sleeves. They can, on the contrary, dress in vivid or aristocratically choice clothes.

EIE-C
An original and creative person, they’re both extravagant and unpredictable. Very inquisitive and talkative; emotional enough to be impressionable. Internally intense/strained, frequently they doubt their decisions. Emotionally liberated and artistic, they easily express their feelings. Aware of the moods of others and are skilled in positively manipulating them. Speaks with feelings and enthusiasm, yet prone to irony and criticisms they sometimes project a venomous and haughty image. When in a good mood can command the center of attention within any company. Though able to fulfill practical obligations, often lack confidence in this regard. An active and social person, can switch between dressing unusually/extravagantly and simply/modestly. Movements are gusty and impulsive, lacking in restraint.

Also, you may want to ask [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] for any additional information since he know's a lot about socionics.

And here the link to the Wikisocion is you wish to do some additional research: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Wikisocion_home

Hope that helps :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
thanx for your help :hifive:
have no doubt that EIE is probably the best fit socionics type for you; Fe ego is certainly evident, although the only reason I would rule out ESE is because you seem far more beta than alpha.
my thoughts exactly. I'm too much of a diva bitch to be alpha :laugh:
I'll have to read these descriptions over a few more times though, there were some things with both that were kind of red flags for me.
Edit: so far, EIE-Ni sounds more like me
Edit 2: some of the behavioral information seems contrary to the type exemplars listed on various sites. Jack Nicholson and Hugh Hefner for instance probably don't care a whole lot about social decorum or societal rules. I am definitely an aristocratic personality, but more in an MBTI-Fi sort of way (some of the behaviors listed here are VERY non NFP)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
looking at the descriptions, so far, ESE looks like it's probably the most common type for ENFPs. (in fact, it would be nice to be this type)

when I think ESE, it makes me think
1350m.jpg

PS: I'm having difficulty understanding Gamma quadra people, could you give me the "for dummies" version

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thanx for your help :hifive:

Sure thing :yes:

my thoughts exactly. I'm too much of a diva bitch to be alpha :laugh:
I'll have to read these descriptions over a few more times though, there were some things with both that were kind of red flags for me.
Edit: so far, EIE-Ni sounds more like me
Edit 2: some of the behavioral information seems contrary to the type exemplars listed on various sites. Jack Nicholson and Hugh Hefner for instance probably don't care a whole lot about social decorum or societal rules. I am definitely an aristocratic personality, but more in an MBTI-Fi sort of way (some of the behaviors listed here are VERY non NFP)

Except for a few select types, almost any combination is possible between socionics and MBTI/JCF type; one could easily be INTJ in JCF and ESI/ISFj or IEI/INFp in socionics. Thus not every person of any given type will be necessarily similar, especially if they have a different JCF or Enneagram type.

looking at the descriptions, so far, ESE looks like it's probably the most common type for ENFPs. (in fact, it would be nice to be this type)

ESE is quite common amongst ENFP's :yes:

when I think ESE, it makes me think
1350m.jpg

Tamaki is very certainly an ESE (probably ESE-Fe to be presice), as well as ENFP (although if I'm mistaken on that, then he'd be ESFP, it's been a while since I watched the anime).

PS: I'm having difficulty understanding Gamma quadra people, could you give me the "for dummies" version

Sure:

Se blocked with Fi
Types from the Gamma Quadra have a realistic, materialistic outlook on life, relationships, and society and tend to view life as a marketplace where forcefulness, positive thinking, social maneuvering, hustle and bustle, and direct humor get you where you need to go.

Te blocked with Ni
This quadra believes that ideas and fortuitous events should be turned into something profitable and marketable — something that does some kind of work for people. The Gamma Quadra values self-sacrifice in the name of serving society.

Subdued elements (devauled Fe, Si, Ne, Ti)
The Gamma Quadra looks down on indulging in self-centered pleasures and in engaging in activities unrelated to society's needs.

Typical Gamma quadra group behavior
Trading jokes on materialistic topics (money, sex, winning and losing). Rowdiness and drivenness. Prefer socializing in smaller groups (about six people or less) and planning and carrying out productive activities together.

Source

Te blocked with Ni
Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.

Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.

Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.

Fi blocked with Se
Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.

Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.

Gamma types like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner and are skeptical that "jerks" can ever become "nice people", for instance.

Subdued elements (devauled Fe and Si)
Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.

Gamma types reject the idea that it's best to avoid confrontations so as not to spoil the mood of those present, they prefer directness in settling or at least discussing disagreements.

Gamma types have difficulty relating to emotional atmospheres connected to "special dates" such as public holidays.

Subdued elements (devauled Ne and Ti)
Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.

Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities

Group Behavior
Groups made up of primarily Gamma types tend to be small in size; perhaps 6 at most. Laughter and very obvious displays of emotion are subdued, instead, there is a lot of smiling, amusement with ironic and witty remarks or, when serious subjects or not very happy personal experiences are discussed, a serious demeanour. Even such small groups tend to split into smaller ones; perhaps 3 is the ideal "group" size for Gammas.

Group discussions are focused on exchange of information and ideas on subjects of mutual interest, discussing and planning activities together, or on personal experiences. The latter are usually discussed not with the purpose of making people laugh or to boast one's position but to get an insight into the lessons to be drawn from such experiences.

Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.

Once a group is formed, it tends to be wary for some time of "newcomers", being neither exclusive nor inclusive on purpose. Conversations often focus on trends regarding material and yet personal issues, such as career prospects and developments, success or failure of financial investments and enterprises, and the future prospects of romantic relationships, as well as the reasons for the failure of past ones. In more light-hearted moments, such talks get a "bawdy" flavor with some slight teasing.

Other subjects tend to focus on internal work politics from the point of view of how it jeopardizes general efficiency, the nonsense of bureaucracy, and how to be better than competitors.

Source