• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my father

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok - i can see how this typing my father got active few days ago...so im gonna catch up now and answer ya all

To me he sounds like an ESTJ. I almost said ISTJ, but you said he'll suddenly have bursts of spontaneity (tertiary Ne) and that he's good at starting conversations.

I totally feel that he is an Si type, and more Te than Fe.

i have to apologize... i just asked my father a few question and my grans and stuff...and my father seems to be person who doesn't put off things and can't wait to resolve smth. He likes to take an action immediately.
but he still has boosts of spontaneity...but action first, waiting and reflecting is not his deal

He's her dad. This means two things: he's at least middle-aged, and she sees more of the "real him" than someone would in public or an acquaintance would. So of course she'd be aware of his tertiary.

If he were ESTP he'd be more emotionally expressive by middle age. His wife would definitely see his Fe, and she says ISTJ mommy says he's "emotionally closed." When I see "emotionally closed" I either think of TJs or IxTPs...or the occasional highly repressed IxFP. On the other hand, if he were ISTP I doubt he'd be good at carrying on conversations with people.

I also doubt he'd make what the OP views as strict, unfair snap judgements as a primary Se or Ti type at his age.

I mean I'm not saying this for sure, but him having a ton of Fe definitely does not jump out at me, fo sho.
She says he also talks with people about ONE SUBJECT...sounds like Si.

MY father had rather repressed things in himself. He was kind of a person who would openly talk about what happened to people and would show rather expressive compassion and he would understand other's miseries very well. But he wasn't talking about his life problems cuz he was dealing with them himself inside. I won't go into details here but he had some pretty bad things happened and about thous he is closed. But regularly when you ask him about some happy event he will answer right away and he has pretty open smile and his facial expression actually tell a lot about how he feels but he is not saying anything.
He comes across as cheerful and very loud when he laughs and loud talker. He had everywhere he went a lot of acquaintanceship and friends. And he was working with them around and discussing and mostly every body knew who he was. He had a very good understanding with people and he could talk with everybody about anything. He approached easily to people and made friends easily. He instantly knew the way hot to approach to someone and he was very skillful while talking to people, picking right words said in a right way.
He is rather observant of his surroundings and has very good ways of spiting details in external world and liked things which were looking nicely. He loved to "watch things" literally - he's observance of outer world was still very active.

As a father he is very giving father...i know that sounds cuz he is my dad, ofc he will be but in general he was very careful with people and people can't take advantage of him easily but in his past still it did happen...but no matter that - he knows what he is doing with people. He want's to do things his way.
But he was more of a giving then receiving.
And my dad is emotionally like this cuz he had problems in past...so i wouldn't judge that - cuz he reacts with very good sense of compassion and understanding and he is rather free-spirited and understanding of new ways and attitudes.

Hope these information help :)

[MENTION=14543]Mitsuko Souma[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok - i can see how this typing my father got active few days ago...so im gonna catch up now and answer ya all

i have to apologize... i just asked my father a few question and my grans and stuff...and my father seems to be person who doesn't put off things and can't wait to resolve smth. He likes to take an action immediately.
but he still has boosts of spontaneity...but action first, waiting and reflecting is not his deal

MY father had rather repressed things in himself. He was kind of a person who would openly talk about what happened to people and would show rather expressive compassion and he would understand other's miseries very well. But he wasn't talking about his life problems cuz he was dealing with them himself inside. I won't go into details here but he had some pretty bad things happened and about thous he is closed. But regularly when you ask him about some happy event he will answer right away and he has pretty open smile and his facial expression actually tell a lot about how he feels but he is not saying anything.
He comes across as cheerful and very loud when he laughs and loud talker. He had everywhere he went a lot of acquaintanceship and friends. And he was working with them around and discussing and mostly every body knew who he was. He had a very good understanding with people and he could talk with everybody about anything. He approached easily to people and made friends easily. He instantly knew the way hot to approach to someone and he was very skillful while talking to people, picking right words said in a right way.
He is rather observant of his surroundings and has very good ways of spiting details in external world and liked things which were looking nicely. He loved to "watch things" literally - he's observance of outer world was still very active.

As a father he is very giving father...i know that sounds cuz he is my dad, ofc he will be but in general he was very careful with people and people can't take advantage of him easily but in his past still it did happen...but no matter that - he knows what he is doing with people. He want's to do things his way.
But he was more of a giving then receiving.
And my dad is emotionally like this cuz he had problems in past...so i wouldn't judge that - cuz he reacts with very good sense of compassion and understanding and he is rather free-spirited and understanding of new ways and attitudes.

Hope these information help :)

[MENTION=14543]Mitsuko Souma[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION]

Okay still either ESTJ or ESTP.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
istp/estp

ill be honest - i was glad when i saw you haven't proposed smth alternative like ENTP cuz im lost even if we are sure he is an ST ahhahaha

but im actually myself of an opinion he is an ESTP
and maybe [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] is right and he could be ESTJ

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=14835]Presumptuous Pepper[/MENTION]: I think he could be an ESTJ more than an ESTP based off of your update as well as what [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] has said before.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=14835]Presumptuous Pepper[/MENTION]: I think he could be an ESTJ more than an ESTP based off of your update as well as what [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] has said before.

thanks for an insight :) i hope we all together made a good choice - possibly that he is... I am kinda slowly having a hunch he is maybe more of an ESTJ hmmm